Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

As a 90s kid it's always so weird seeing Nebraska here, it's like remembering Yale won 27 national championships.

As weird as seeing Michigan here?
20 more years and they may sniff 1000. It is too bad they had to ride off into the sunset to never be heard of again.
Like Michigan did 10 years ago?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is no point in even having a discussion about nebbie from this point forward. It is very apparent that they were delighted to sell their highly regarded athletic program for a one-fourteenth share of BTN, some research grants, and a place in the line between Minnesota and Northwestern to get a chance to cower on their knees in front of Michigan and tOSU and suck the royal rod.  They will be an afterthought for the rest of CFB history. At least those cowards will not be pushed around by the big 12 anymore though.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

There is no point in even having a discussion about nebbie from this point forward. It is very apparent that they were delighted to sell their highly regarded athletic program for a one-fourteenth share of BTN, some research grants, and a place in the line between Minnesota and Northwestern to get a chance to cower on their knees in front of Michigan and tOSU and suck the royal rod.  They will be an afterthought for the rest of CFB history. At least those cowards will not be pushed around by the big 12 anymore though.

The thoughts of a Husker alum:

Eric Nelson
@seedcattleguy
Nebraska could make a difference in the Big 12, in the Big 10 they just make money, mainly for the other member schools. Oh boy, they get to continue playing Rutgers! WooWoo

Matt Nelson
@MNelson_ISU
This is maybe the hardest I’ve ever come at Nebraska, a school I attended and cheer for.

EfVd2ylX0AAwclU?format=jpg&name=900x900

20 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

their thinking can be summed up as, "we can't win in the Big Ten but it will be marginally better for our bottom line, and we'd rather lose to Ohio State by 50 every year than lose to Texas by 1 ever"

short-dick syndrome, exactly the same reasoning as A&M's move to the SEC

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Fuck Nebraska. They left and whined and griped about Texas and how mean the Longhorns were because partial qualifiers weren't allowed, and the league office was moved to Texas.

Tom Osborne can EABOD and all the whiny Nebraska fans etc can suck it as well. Now they are whining in the Big 10. They will never be relevant again and it is killing them.

The Big 12 gains zero adding these babies back outside of like 2 television sets.

You got your wish and weaseled out of the Big12 disparaging Texas on the way out. It is laughable to me now that they are talking about coming back.

Fuck you.

Edited by BrazilHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

You guys clearly aren't over the break up yet, are you? 

What good is a conference that has Oklahoma in it if Nebraska can't play Oklahoma every year?  Can anybody answer that one?

Don't play Ohio State and Michigan every year and can't even beat the power brokers in the laughable West division.  

Vs: (W-L-T)

Oklahoma: 38-45-3

Texas: 4-10-0

Wisconsin: 4-10-0

Ohio State: 1-7-0

Michigan: 4-5-1

Since Joining Big Ten:

Ohio State: 1-5-0

Michigan: 2-2-0

Wisconsin: 1-8-0

Iowa: 3-6-0

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

What good is a conference that has Oklahoma in it if Nebraska can't play Oklahoma every year?  Can anybody answer that one?

What's stopping you from scheduling 0U every year?  Texas played 0U for years as a non-conference game?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It is laughable to me know that they are talking about coming back

I don't think anybody in Nebraska wanted to come back to the Big 12.  They wanted games for the 2020 season.  Nebraska was talking a  hookup, not marriage.  The present Wifey has too much money to leave her...right now...

Anyhow, that isn't going to happen, so just more water under the bridge.

17 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

I don't think anybody in Nebraska wanted to come back to the Big 12.  They wanted games for the 2020 season.  Nebraska was talking a  hookup, not marriage.  The present Wifey has too much money to leave her...right now...

Anyhow, that isn't going to happen, so just more water under the bridge.

Wifey?  Bro.. you're the bitch. 

8NJx.gif

under that analogy, Nebraska seems more like a skeevy middle-aged businessman soliciting runaway boys at the Greyhound terminal

So that makes the Big 12 a bunch of runaway boys at the Greyhound terminal?  Just yanking your chain.  In reality, Nebraska isn't going anywhere until the present conference model crashes.  We all know that.

1 hour ago, Cornfusion said:

Well you guys smeared and lied and attacked us publicly. I don't see why we should be eager to forgive and forget that bullshit.

And now you are in a league that treats you as you pretended we treated you. Justice.

But hey if you ever do want to come back you know this is your true home. Even if you suck we will take you back. Just ask nicely.

Until then enjoy being taken for granted and screwed around by a league who doesn't give a fuck about you.

Must be fun to be told shut up on multiple media platforms & your stature is less than Illinois in B1G:

Well... Oklahoma/ Nebraska as well as Texas, could play each year, in division with a few moves, as:

Colorado
Arizona
Arizona State
Utah
USC
UCLA 

all join XII, form the west division Texas Tech (WVU to ACC/ Baylor is dropped out @ end of GoR's)...
That puts Husker/ Cyclone/ Jayhawk/ Wildcat/ Sooner/ Cowboy/ Longhorn/ Horned Frog division...

BTW, I thought BYU only had something like a 4 game schedule left over from the MWC fallout too..?

Edited by kopp0e

23 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

In reality, Nebraska isn't going anywhere until the present conference model crashes.  We all know that.

Do you think Nebraska fits better with the Big 12 or Big Ten, geographically? Curious. I personally think the circa-1996 Big 12 was ideal, if Nebraska-OU could have been preserved, but I can see where the more Midwestern flavor of the Big Ten West might be to someone's liking, if they didn't particularly want to be in a conference with Kansas State or Iowa State.

we miss the nearly automatic W .If you recall, Texas played Nebraska 10 times in the Big 12 days. Texas won 9 times

spacer.png 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Valmy77 said:
5 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

Well you guys smeared and lied and attacked us publicly. I don't see why we should be eager to forgive and forget that bullshit.

And now you are in a league that treats you as you pretended we treated you. Justice.

But hey if you ever do want to come back you know this is your true home. Even if you suck we will take you back. Just ask nicely.

Until then enjoy being taken for granted and screwed around by a league who doesn't give a fuck about you.

A simple "No, we are not." would have sufficed.

• Fuck You 1

41 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

What does that have to do with Nebraska not playing Oklahoma every year?

you ran away from the big 12 because you were losing to Texas. Religiously.  Granted, with the division play you only played Texas or Oklahoma on 2 and off 2.... but you could play them non-con every year now as Texas did before the formation of the big 12. But I guess Arkansas State,  Northern Illinois (oops!), Troy (oops!)  Fresno State, Florida Atlantic, McNeese etc are more your speed 

Edited by Dennis Taylor

10 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

The Maryland Terrapins say "Hi!"

Hey, you don’t just put a mid tier acc team on your schedule and think that a Charlie strong collection of talent coached by a simpering idiot offensive coordinator and Defensive coordinator who loves to sniff his own farts will prevail easy peasy. That’s big boy football right there. 

I know Maryland is now big 10 but that’s not their dna. It’s stupid.