Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

13 hours ago, JFKFC said:

The Big 10 gave corn the death penalty for 2020, but those jabronis will still say their time in the Big 12 was worse. Why? Yada yada.....Texas.

Call it fandom or tribalism.  Either way, a lot of them do want to return to the Big 12.  If their administration gives the rest the green light to cheer a conference affiliation switch, there won't be many Big Ten proponents left in their camp.  

https://twitter.com/SportsLawLust/status/1304483715700195331/photo/2

Nebraska AG going after the Big 10 now for not being a registered nonprofit in the state and for possibly violating requirements for decision making by a nonprofit

animal-house.jpg

and to think some believe Texas was the problem or hard to work with

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

Nebraska AG going after the Big 10 now for not being a registered nonprofit in the state and for possibly violating requirements for decision making by a nonprofit

And so the penalty for missing the deadline on the 21st is.......  "we revoke your decision to not play here"?

In hindsight i'm now surprised these idiots didn't file suit in Arlington the Monday after the 09 CCG.

"Your honor - the video evidence clearly shows the ball hitting the front rail just after the clock moved from :02 to :01, which given the altitude and flight of the ball is incontrovertible evidence that the ball crossed out of bounds with about :03 remaining, but our butts hurt and it's our turn! get back in there and turn those machines back on!"

Dan Patrick Shares What He’s Heard About Nebraska’s Schedule

Nebraska fans aren’t happy with how the Huskers’ 2020 schedule shapes up. Nebraska has to open the season at Ohio State before hosting Wisconsin on Halloween. The Huskers will then travel to Northwestern before hosting Penn State on Nov. 14. All-in-all, Nebraska has to play the top three teams in the Big Ten within the first four weeks of its season.

Some would just call it bad luck. But others think Nebraska’s early-season schedule could’ve been intentional.

Dan Patrick revealed on Saturday he’s hearing Big Ten officials intentionally gave Nebraska a difficult schedule because of the Huskers’ “outspoken” complaints against the conference this year.

It’s no secret Nebraska has been outraged by the Big Ten leaders and their lack of leadership and transparency this past year. But it seems unlikely the Big Ten would intentionally issue such a difficult schedule simply because of a few complaints.

Either way, the schedule is set. Nebraska can try and silence its doubters in just a few weeks.

Scott Frost and the Huskers will take on the Ohio State Buckeyes on Oct. 24.

https://thespun.com/big-ten/nebraska-cornhuskers/dan-patrick-shares-what-hes-heard-about-nebraskas-schedule

Edited by LTtxfan

I've said this before, but Nebraska will never be relevant in football ever again. Hell, not even in wrestling. NU-Kearney, a D3 school, is the powerhouse of wrestling in the state of Nebraska. I know because a guy that was on the wrestling team with me in high school received a full ride from them to wrestle there.

Back to Huskers football: Mike Reilley finished 19-19, Scott Frost has finished 4-8, 5-7, proving that he's the Charlie Strong of Nebraska. Everything went to shit when corn aggy fired Frank Solich. They claim that they ran off to the B1G because that conference had "better stability" for them over the Big 12. Bullshit. They left for a bigger paycheck, giving the middle finger to UT because they were tired of being our bitch. They have no true rival anymore. Sorry corn, but Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin aren't interested. Choked away, no, more like were humiliated in the only B1G CCG they've made an appearance in. Recruiting hasn't been the same since Solich left either. 

A coworker of mine, who is a Nebraska alum, told me how they always have sellout games and the greatest fans in the world. He didn't understand why I LOL'd in his face when he made that statement. I had to explain to him that corn aggy has the greatest fans in the world.... only when they win. If you go into Lincoln and beat them, they throw a fit like a spoiled brat, like they did every time we upset them at Memorial Stadium. Basically, they are sore losers and that's me being nice about it. I for one am glad we don't play them anymore. Although I sometimes do miss breaking their hearts.

Hope you guys are enjoying your B1G decision!     

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 9:27 PM, LTtxfan said:

Dan Patrick Shares What He’s Heard About Nebraska’s Schedule

Nebraska fans aren’t happy with how the Huskers’ 2020 schedule shapes up. Nebraska has to open the season at Ohio State before hosting Wisconsin on Halloween. The Huskers will then travel to Northwestern before hosting Penn State on Nov. 14. All-in-all, Nebraska has to play the top three teams in the Big Ten within the first four weeks of its season.

Some would just call it bad luck. But others think Nebraska’s early-season schedule could’ve been intentional.

Dan Patrick revealed on Saturday he’s hearing Big Ten officials intentionally gave Nebraska a difficult schedule because of the Huskers’ “outspoken” complaints against the conference this year.

It’s no secret Nebraska has been outraged by the Big Ten leaders and their lack of leadership and transparency this past year. But it seems unlikely the Big Ten would intentionally issue such a difficult schedule simply because of a few complaints.

Either way, the schedule is set. Nebraska can try and silence its doubters in just a few weeks.

Scott Frost and the Huskers will take on the Ohio State Buckeyes on Oct. 24.

https://thespun.com/big-ten/nebraska-cornhuskers/dan-patrick-shares-what-hes-heard-about-nebraskas-schedule

Yeah there is some grumbling in Huskerland because with the schedule being cut from 10 to 8 games, meaning 2 crossover games were eliminated and they lost games against Rutgers and MSU. 
I don't think their fans should worry that much, as it is likely they can catch one of those teams in the final week of the season that has the Conf championship game and also cross-over matchups against teams in similar standings for each division.

Seriously, I hear people here in Nebraska said the Big Ten tried to screw us with the schedule, but most complain only of the pettiness of it, not the actual schedule.  Most are excited to see how Frost does in Year 3 against the Big Boys.  Nebraska isn't going to get better by playing the Little Sisters of the Poor.  One can't get any notice beating the likes of Maryland.  Trying to build a win-loss record by tip-toeing around any real competition is best handled by the SEC.  They are masters of it.

On 9/22/2020 at 5:06 AM, mulletpelini said:

It's always been fascinating to me how Nebraska beats the fuck out of teams (KSU, Maryland) that Texas struggles the fuck out of.

IKR? Well, I know that you know this, but it's not just isolated to your examples. We sports fans writ large tend to apply false logic even when we know better (because it's fun):

The transitive property slang/meme misapplies the transitive property to non-numerical things to reach illogical conclusions or false equivalencies. For example, humans eat cows and cows eat grass, so by the transitive property, humans eat grass. Unlike in math, just because the first two statements are true does not make the final “conclusion” true. The humor in the meme relies on the absurdity of attempting to use the transitive property outside of math. [DISCLOSURE: I lifted this from dictionary.com]

But it is an interesting phenomenon that perplexes us all to eternity.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

The Ticket in Dallas doing a segment right now on Nebraska wanting back into the Big 12.  Would be the smartest thing the Corn could do if they could pull it off.

corn aggy and Arky should both come back, but won't

Too much pride in their newfound also-ran status in "bigger" conferences.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

corn aggy and Arky should both come back, but won't

Too much pride in their newfound also-ran status in "bigger" conferences.

I don't know...I bet the vast majority of Neb fans (if asked anonymously at least) would give just about anything to come back to the Big 12.  There has literally been zero upside and all downside for them since they left.  And don't tell me "more money" is the upside.  Big 12 schools all seem to be doing just fine with money.  Given all the new TV contracts these days, money is pretty much a wash.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

I had to post this in the Nebraska thread.

5:49 Back in my seats, I am slumped in my chair in defeat. All of a sudden, the Texas crowd goes absolutely nuts. "Whazzis?," I mutter, awaking from my coma, "Iz we winnig? Did wez scort?" Alas, the answer is no, we were not winning and we did not score. The largest (by far) cheer of the day from the Texas faithful occurred when the handlers were walking back to the tunnel and Bevo stopped to take a gargantuan shit all over the letters "S", "K", and "A" in the "Nebraska" spelled out in their end zone. I cheer wildly. I pick up the empty Traveler bottle and stick my tongue in it. I am thirsty.

Edited by ConferenceRoom

On 9/21/2020 at 10:10 PM, Cornfusion said:

We beat Maryland 54-7.  Beating Maryland is harder than one would think, right?

A few losses B1G schools have had, in the timeframe Nebraska has been in league:

Troy - Nebraska

Central Michigan - Michigan State

Eastern Michigan - Purdue

North Dakota State - Minnesota

Akron - Northwestern

North Dakota State - Iowa

Penn State - Temple

Illinois - South Florida

Toledo - Michigan

Eastern Michigan - Rutgers

Northern Illinois - Nebraska

Purdue - Cincy

Northwestern - Illinois State

Indiana - Bowling Green

Larry the Cable Guy's Tweet was back when there was going to be no Nebraska football in 2020.  He wanted to "salvage the year".  Now, the year has been "salvaged" somewhat.  But don't take my word for it, go find a thread on a Husker forum and see what happens when someone suggests going back to the Big 12.

Nebraska also has plans to play Oklahoma 4 times in the next ten years, which would be close to how many times we would see them if we were still in the Big 12, so that mitigates losing that game by leaving the Big 12.

1 hour ago, Cornfusion said:

Larry the Cable Guy's Tweet was back when there was going to be no Nebraska football in 2020.  He wanted to "salvage the year".  Now, the year has been "salvaged" somewhat.  But don't take my word for it, go find a thread on a Husker forum and see what happens when someone suggests going back to the Big 12.

Nebraska also has plans to play Oklahoma 4 times in the next ten years, which would be close to how many times we would see them if we were still in the Big 12, so that mitigates losing that game by leaving the Big 12.

You also have another home and home with CU starting in 2023.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:07 AM, Longboard Horn said:

I've said this before, but Nebraska will never be relevant in football ever again. Hell, not even in wrestling. NU-Kearney, a D3 school, is the powerhouse of wrestling in the state of Nebraska. I know because a guy that was on the wrestling team with me in high school received a full ride from them to wrestle there.

NU-Kearney is D-II, not D-III.  They have won several D-II championships (most recently in 2013), but NU is a perennial Top 10 wrestling programming in D-I. There really is no comparison between D-I and D-II.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

Just think.  If they came back to the B12, NU could lose at least 5 times to both OU and Texas. 

LOL, that's what the Sooners and Longhorns used to say about Kansas State.  Well, the Sooners did, I don't know if Texas could ever say that.

As they say in the investment business:  "Past performance is no guarantee of future results"

22 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

LOL, that's what the Sooners and Longhorns used to say about Kansas State.  Well, the Sooners did, I don't know if Texas could ever say that.

As they say in the investment business:  "Past performance is no guarantee of future results"

That may bode well for a Nebraska team that lost to Indiana last year..? Which is, you know, a football power compared to Kansas State..! 

That may bode well for a Nebraska team that lost to Indiana last year..? Which is, you know, a football power compared to Kansas State..

How does Indiana compare to Maryland, in your opinion?  How does Texas compare to Maryland, historically speaking?  This transitive, historical stuff is entertaining, but it doesn't mean much going forward, does it?

15 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

How does Indiana compare to Maryland, in your opinion?

What would you say you do here?

You want to constantly talk about the disappointing losses suffered by Oklahoma and Texas (in the case of Maryland, suffered two years ago), but you want to ignore and neglect the impotence of Nebraska that is currently taking place? What is it that you want exactly?

You left the conference and you do not play any of these teams anymore. I know you cannot handle rejection, or cannot accept that the world does not revolve around you, but perhaps Nebraska and their fans would be better served by focusing on the task at hand. The Texas and Oklahoma boogeymen, who were apparently out to get you, are no longer your reality. You no longer need be concerned about Big 12 Championship games, or complaining about being the king of the lackluster Big 12 North division. You have traded all these demons for Indiana and Northwestern, and if you try hard enough you might be able to best them.

• Like 1