Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

On 12/17/2023 at 5:44 PM, ScottS said:

From what I can gather, corn is something of a powerhouse in women's bowling. Six national titles since the NCAA started conducting a championship in 2004.

https://www.ncaa.com/history/bowling/nc

image.thumb.png.e6acff6e97ecd29eb9c288b217795020.png

It would be better if they were crushing high lifes and menthols in the photo. 

• Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

10 hours ago, Jasper_Jester said:

We took the only sport they are good at away from them. Glorious

We also took football and baseball away from them years ago.

If we decide to start farming corn and soybeans...

Damn we own Nebraska! No wonder they ran away from us. It really must hurt.

Q: What do you tell a Cornhusker with two black eyes?

A: Nothing. The Longhorns already told that bitch twice.

spacer.png

On 12/18/2023 at 11:19 PM, LTtxfan said:

Raiola family has a great history at CORN. 

Flipping 5🌟 QB Dylan away from Jawja is a really big win...  

Screenshot_2023-12-18-23-12-24_kindlephoto-9797339.png.724544232002bbf05e652f2e843473da.png

. . . for Texas in particular.  We'll never have to see him play at Georgia, where he'd be throwing to NFL-caliber receivers from a well-defined and -protected pocket.  Instead, he'll be playing at Nebraska in complete anonymity.  

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Wait NCAA Bowling is a thing?

And it is women only? Weird. It seems like if there was a NCAA sport that could be coed, it would be bowling.

I'd assume it's just a matter of Title IX and offsetting scholarships.  Same reason quite a few more schools have women's volleyball than men's volleyball.

But even so, it's a very tiny sport.  Only 34 NCAA Division 1 women's bowling teams.

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

I'd assume it's just a matter of Title IX and offsetting scholarships.  Same reason quite a few more schools have women's volleyball than men's volleyball.

But even so, it's a very tiny sport.  Only 34 NCAA Division 1 women's bowling teams.

I would assume that to but Division III, Division II, and Division I all compete together. That would be weird if there were athletic scholarships at stake.

Or maybe the Division III programs just accept they have no chance.

csb on bowling in Nebraska: 

My senior year of high school I dated a girl whose family was from Nebraska.  (She also had massive tits, which is a csb in itself.)  Anyway, some of her family came down from Nebraska for graduation and we all went bowling.  Her cousin was about the same age as us, and I swear I've never seen a more amazing bowler in my life.  Apart from his ridiculous score, he would show off some mad bowling tricks, like spinning one ball slowly down the lane where it was precisely aimed for one rear corner pin, and at the last second would blast a second ball that would take care of the other 9 pins.  I figured that since the state of Nebraska sucked so much the guy had nothing better to do than bowl every minute of his spare time (no pun intended). 

So seems like the University of Nebraska would be hot shit in bowling, until Texas decides to start a bowling team and we rip their heart out again like Mola Ram in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.  Did I mention that my high school girlfriend had huge tits?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, South Austin said:

csb on bowling in Nebraska: 

My senior year of high school I dated a girl whose family was from Nebraska.  (She also had massive tits, which is a csb in itself.)  Anyway, some of her family came down from Nebraska for graduation and we all went bowling.  Her cousin was about the same age as us, and I swear I've never seen a more amazing bowler in my life.  Apart from his ridiculous score, he would show off some mad bowling tricks, like spinning one ball slowly down the lane where it was precisely aimed for one rear corner pin, and at the last second would blast a second ball that would take care of the other 9 pins.  I figured that since the state of Nebraska sucked so much the guy had nothing better to do than bowl every minute of his spare time (no pun intended). 

So seems like the University of Nebraska would be hot shit in bowling, until Texas decides to start a bowling team and we rip their heart out again like Mola Ram in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.  Did I mention that my high school girlfriend had huge tits?

Pics?

12 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Is it fucking true that nebraskas largest crowd ever in memorial stadium was for a goddamn volleyball game?? And they claim they are a football blueblood? Lmfao

A: They “were” a football blueblood.

B: You do realize that a volleyball court is smaller than a football stadium? Which means they had the ability to add seats.

The capacity of the football stadium is 85k or so and even with that they’ve recorded over 90k in attendance many times. They had the capacity to go over 100k but couldn’t get enough fans to show. If Texas did the same thing in DKR we theoretically could seat well over 110k which would be impossible during a football game.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

How you supposed to perv on the booty shorts from the top row of a football stadium?  Defeats the purpose of going to a chick volleyball match. 

Not getting into anyone's shorts here, but I was in the stands for the 1968 UCLA/UH basketball game in the 'Dome. Had 50-some thousand, and was a #1 vs #2 battle. Elvin Hayes vs Lew Alcindor (later Kareem Abdul Jabbar). Hayes ate him up, scored 39, and hit the game winner from the free throw line with under a minute left. UCLA had won more than 40 in a row. Only basketball game I ever watched with binocs.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 12/21/2023 at 5:52 PM, mulletpelini said:

I don't believe you.

Misery blew up the B12 when they started sucking B1G cock, you all know it.

Yep. Their egos are so full of themselves that think they created everything. The reason why we’re shitty in football is because we’ve had shitty coaches and shitty ADs. Osborne kept trying to go the easy and cheap route hiring coaches instead of hiring the best available. Nebraska only got 20 more million dollars a year to go to the big10. Now, I think it’s over $50 million a year. The money and conference stability was the reason, it didn’t have anything to do with Texas. But, believe what you want. 

• Fuck You 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 5:57 PM, Corn Whiskey said:

Yep. Their egos are so full of themselves that think they created everything. The reason why we’re shitty in football is because we’ve had shitty coaches and shitty ADs. Osborne kept trying to go the easy and cheap route hiring coaches instead of hiring the best available. Nebraska only got 20 more million dollars a year to go to the big10. Now, I think it’s over $50 million a year. The money and conference stability was the reason, it didn’t have anything to do with Texas. But, believe what you want. 

i think its almost double that amount

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

whogivesashit.gif

We do. We enjoy rooting against your athletic programs and witnessing the anguish of your fanbase with each of their failures. 

If you think we’d shy away from admitting such pettiness, you have not been paying attention to the depths of our shamelessness. 

• Haha 4

On 4/5/2024 at 7:53 AM, closetojumping said:

We do. We enjoy rooting against your athletic programs and witnessing the anguish of your fanbase with each of their failures. 

If you think we’d shy away from admitting such pettiness, you have not been paying attention to the depths of our shamelessness. 

My athletic programs?  I don't own them, I'm not an alumni.  Not mine.  Not a fucking thing you say about Nebraska would effect my day.

10 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

My athletic programs?  I don't own them, I'm not an alumni.  Not mine.  Not a fucking thing you say about Nebraska would effect my day.

We can sense the tears streaming down your face as you typed this reply.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

You asked a question and I answered it, dummy. I wasn't thinking specifically of you in regard to my response. I already said a "fucking thing" about Nebraska that "effected" your day. You felt compelled to show up a week later to my response and remark on it.

"Surly, suggest to me a witless poster who adds negative value to the board and cheers for Nebraska." "Good morning, CTJ. There is only one possible poster who fits that profile. mulletpelini."

See, even Surly understands you. It's science.