2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

Rick will make you scratch your head often when it comes to this stuff. It is maddening at times. At least it didn't bite him in the ass tonight.

You have really got to get off his back Vic.

You’re more wrong than ever right about him. He’s basically playing a playoff rotation to keep them from falling too far behind this seasons and is playing the guys that are playing the best.

You can’t blame him for losses and then pretty much dismiss his decisions that help them win.

Also When people say Dallas doesn’t have any tradable assets, just don’t sleep on guys like Brunson and THJ(with an expiring contract) who are playing really well. Plus even Powell(though I think no one would like him as much as the Mavs do, lol). They may not have some massive package that beats the Celtics or something for a trade.

But I wouldn’t be surprised to see them pull something out of a hat.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, immortal13 said:

I mean....why would you want your best rim protector and rebounder in the game during crunchtime?

I missed the middle of the game, but was a little puzzled and thought KP might be hurt or something when i did not see him in there in the last 5 mins.  Brunson was just a blur of activity making the right decision to drive or shoot just about every time. 

Great win.  Congratulations, you are still out of the playoffs.  get back to work.

35 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I didn’t notice because fans had not been been at games, including me. Had they been, it would’ve been noticed at the first game. Not sure why the media didn’t call attention to it.  Hmmmm...

I don’t really care about the anthem one way or another. I do think there is no doubt Cuban saw this as a chance to garner attention. And the anthem isn’t a beating; it is played at zero youth events. 

because it has fuck-all to do with the game?  tree falling in the forest and not a Newsmax reporter to hear it.  Fans have every right to let their voice heard about their game experience and the team can address it or not.  Silver took the decision away so hopefully it's a non-issue now.

KP hitting from the horse logo just effortlessly.  looked like a normal shot.  the league is going to need to widen the court and move the 3pt line back.  

Also, the Zion shot chart was awesome.  14-14 inside the restricted area! 14-15 for the game.  Dude is a beast.

Screen_Shot_2021_02_12_at_9.22.31_PM.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

because it has fuck-all to do with the game?  tree falling in the forest and not a Newsmax reporter to hear it.  Fans have every right to let their voice heard about their game experience and the team can address it or not.  Silver took the decision away so hopefully it's a non-issue now.

KP hitting from the horse logo just effortlessly.  looked like a normal shot.  the league is going to need to widen the court and move the 3pt line back.  

Also, the Zion shot chart was awesome.  14-14 inside the restricted area! 14-15 for the game.  Dude is a beast.

Screen_Shot_2021_02_12_at_9.22.31_PM.png

The best stat is that both KP and Zion scored 36. Zion had to go 14/15 while KP made 1 less basket and going 13/21(which isn't bad at all when you consider he went 8/13 from 3).  Just goes to show you how important 3 point shooting is.

51 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I’ve heard rumblings that Luka has not been happy with the team this season and if they suck and Cuban can’t get him a real player to compete; does he leave?

Where have you heard this? Not questioning you, just curious. But it does not surprise me at all if he is. I would not be at all. 3rd year and no real improvement. And do we have a real direction to be a legit contender for the future? Right now, nope. Unless KP miraculously can be counted on indefinitely. And we don't have to keep him wrapped in a bubble.

I have said for a long time, Luka is not Dirk. He is no sticking around for Cuban and company to dick around. And giving them his loyalty. He owes them nothing and he knows this. I think too many took what Dirk did for granted and automatically think Luka will do the same.

How we finish this year and what we do next year will be very important. Especially with getting a competent team around him.

Y’all realize that 100% of players that have been offered max extensions for the first time have taken them?  I’ve heard he’s been sad about the lack of fans, and that the covid stuff has frustrated him, but there’s not much Cuban and Donnie can about those things.

Edited by conVINCEd

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Where have you heard this? Not questioning you, just curious. But it does not surprise me at all if he is. I would not be at all. 3rd year and no real improvement. And do we have a real direction to be a legit contender for the future? Right now, nope. Unless KP miraculously can be counted on indefinitely. And we don't have to keep him wrapped in a bubble.

I have said for a long time, Luka is not Dirk. He is no sticking around for Cuban and company to dick around. And giving them his loyalty. He owes them nothing and he knows this. I think too many took what Dirk did for granted and automatically think Luka will do the same.

How we finish this year and what we do next year will be very important. Especially with getting a competent team around him.

It was on the radio between some "Mavs insiders". The main thesis being that Luka grew up in a world idolizing LeBron and those guys and he has seen the way of the NBA is to coalition build and bounce around to win championships. Also it was stated that privately, Mark Cuban has already had to jump on a few calls to keep his head in the right space and talk him off the ledge during the struggles early season and is having to do damage control.

18 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

You speaking with the utmost confidence about something you know nothing about is a magnificent thing to watch. 

21 hours ago, Drew said:

The best stat is that both KP and Zion scored 36. Zion had to go 14/15 while KP made 1 less basket and going 13/21(which isn't bad at all when you consider he went 8/13 from 3).  Just goes to show you how important 3 point shooting is.

If this were 1978 Zion is Moses Malone.  Malone is so under appreciated. 3 time MVP in a league with Jabbar, Bird, Erving, Magic.

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the nba has changed more in 30 years than any of the other leagues

If the 3 was only worth 2.5 it would be pretty similar to 30 years ago.  The math has changed the game.  That shot is worth more than it should be, therefore people take more of those than they would if it was properly valued.

13 minutes ago, threesheets said:

Being a child molester has its disadvantages. 

I prefer guys who throw obnoxious fans through bar windows to child molesters.  Call it my tiebreaker.  Team Chuck.

We are unusually sloppy with the ball this year.  Carlisle teams, even Mavs team going back to Big Don, do two things well:  low turnovers and high ft%.  Those two things flip a lot of close games your way over the course of a season.  The turnover fest in the third quarter was flat out unacceptable, and a decent chunk of that was on Luka.  It led to a 45 pt quarter for Portland.  That has to be cleaned up.