2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

I admit I have no frame of reference for what TPA (total points added) is but this would seem like it's Luka and the 7 dwarves out there.

qkjrn7l1spd61.jpg?auto=webp&s=3701dba98c

Es1PSA6UwA8P_VG.jpg:large

found one for the Mavs with offense (Added) and defense (Saved)

trd3rq7fwow31.png

how KP is 'saving defensive points' i don't know.  maybe blocks count big in the stat.

http://qqpublic.qpic.cn/qq_public/0/0-516269395-F1E657C045C988786446160D019692D8/0?fmt=jpg&size=76&h=442&w=680&ppv=1

all NBA for reference.  Joker is killing it.

2 hours ago, RexWilson said:

The defensive one is from last year.

oh yeah...well your favorite band sucks.  how 'bout that?

yeah, i was just sorting through google pics trying to find the relevant ones.  i blame my QC team.

here's that last one that i guess did not go through. apparently there a redit (of course there is) for all this shit.

image.png.c781faa83864f1fee166ec8acbe64b41.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

So uh...back above .500 tonight for the first time since January. 

We’ll end up a 4-6 seed.  Those COVID games fucked us in a conference where there has been very little separation between 3-8  the last few years.

• Like 1

We’ll end up a 4-6 seed.  Those COVID games fucked us in a conference where there has been very little separation between 3-8  the last few years.

Yeah when someone said they wouldn’t be a playoff team. Or a “squeak out the 8 seed” I just put my head down and shook it.

First I don’t think they realize there is a play in tourney. 7-10 will be up for grabs for 7/8.

Then the Mavs had one bad 2-8 stretch with obvious reasons for that(Covid). Other than that they’re 15-8. I think the latter is more indicative of their team.

Now they’re still not on the Lakers/Clippers/Jazz/Philly level of contenders. But they were never going to be this year without a massive move anyways.

People who are in the “Luka is going to leave if they don’t got to a finals THIS year!!!” Are stupid.

Curry and the Warriors didn’t go to a finals until his 7th year. Bron didn’t go until his 4th season in a MUCH weaker conference when the East was basically at its lowest(they got swept too).

Building a team takes time. Unless you’re Lebron or KD and go to a team and bring others with you.
  • Hook 'Em 4

I really liked what Johnson was bringing when he was forced into the rotation cause 5 of the rotation guys were out with covid. Looks like he's not getting any burn anymore though. Can always use more shooting. 

6 hours ago, CBT said:

I really liked what Johnson was bringing when he was forced into the rotation cause 5 of the rotation guys were out with covid. Looks like he's not getting any burn anymore though. Can always use more shooting. 

I’d be okay with it. Seems like there’s not a lot of downside and a little bit of upside off the bench. 

Luka out tonight. 

• Like 1

Thoughts on JJ Reddick rental? Rumored it is Dallas and Denver interested. Could be done by sending James Johnson and a 2nd rd pick most likely. Doubtful he would resign in the offseason 
No not for that price. I like johnson's game. And I like he can play defense. And I'd like to keep our second round pick.

48 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
8 hours ago, RexWilson said:
Thoughts on JJ Reddick rental? Rumored it is Dallas and Denver interested. Could be done by sending James Johnson and a 2nd rd pick most likely. Doubtful he would resign in the offseason 

No not for that price. I like johnson's game. And I like he can play defense. And I'd like to keep our second round pick.

Agree. We don't need to add anyone that will have a net negative effect on our already shifty defense 

A big part of bringing Johnson here was to serve as a deterrent to anyone who tries to fuck with Luka.  Kickboxer and MMA fighter and all of that. That really isn’t that important until the playoffs.  He also has a sneaky underrated game.  I don’t want him to start or anything, but he’s a ridiculously competent basketball player for a guy who I thought we brought in to be a thug.

A big part of bringing Johnson here was to serve as a deterrent to anyone who tries to fuck with Luka.  Kickboxer and MMA fighter and all of that. That really isn’t that important until the playoffs.  He also has a sneaky underrated game.  I don’t want him to start or anything, but he’s a ridiculously competent basketball player for a guy who I thought we brought in to be a thug.
He's probably the third best distributor on the team which is important since he can seemingly get to any spot at will.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, gsoda3 said:
13 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

He's probably the third best distributor on the team which is important since he can seemingly get to any spot at will.

He’s in the rotation on a championship type team.  Iggy/Livingstone vibe from GS title teams.  Probably a poor man’s version of those guys.  Throw in the fact that he’s the baddest mf’er in the league and I’d like to see him stick around for the rest of the year.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/7/2021 at 5:21 PM, Post Oak said:

Maybe 15mins a game he can be a plus.

He's still a smart player and we need more of those 

No we don’t.  Not at his salary, which I believe is guaranteed through next year.  

Shit, I just looked it and it’s guaranteed for this season + 2 more. No fucking thank you.

• Hook 'Em 1