2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

I would say the 5th spot is looking tenuous at the moment. They have to the win one more game than Portland in the last 3 and even though Portland has tougher teams, it's likely those teams will be resting their starters. At this point, I just hope they win tonight, beat Toronto on Friday, and then rest everyone the last game. 

On 5/11/2021 at 2:32 PM, RexWilson said:

DOOOOMED!!!!!

Mavs win 2 more games and they're the 5 seed.  But who cares? If they 5 or 6 they're playing the Clippers or Nuggets.  

No idea which team we'll get regardless of where we finish.

4 hours ago, Drew said:

DOOOOMED!!!!!

Mavs win 2 more games and they're the 5 seed.  But who cares? If they 5 or 6 they're playing the Clippers or Nuggets.  

No idea which team we'll get regardless of where we finish.

We only get the 5 seed in that scenario if Portland loses twice. 

I think tonight's result in the Portland-Phoenix game will dictate the plan for the last two games. If Portland wins tonight, you just go for the win on Friday against Toronto to clinch the 6th seed and then rest everyone Sunday. I think being rested and being able to get several practices before the playoffs is the better plan. 

If Portland loses, do you go all-out trying to move up a spot? I'm not even sure it matters at that point unless you like the matchup against Denver better. 

56 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Back to the 5 seed if we win out.

Good. Play a Denver team who is not the same team as last year, missing some people and a team we match up with well. I know some say LAC is not the same as last year but they still have PG and Kawhi. Who can go off any game. It would be real fun to get revenge and knock out those fucks but give me Denver for the 1st round.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

I would love to see a Lakers v Golden State playin game with Curry going nuclear for the win.

I would love that too, but his supporting cast is such garbage I don’t see any chance with a LeBron/AD Lakers. He’d need 60 and that still might not be enough when Andrew Wiggins is your #2.

here to eat some crow.  if they get the 5 seed I say Rick did a very good job considering KP was a no show for some of the year and the covid shitshow that hurt us some.  I though 7 was a peak.

needs to win an actual playoff series for the first time in a decade though.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Ain’t gonna be no play-in here! 

Somebody better tell this guy:

On 4/18/2021 at 7:10 PM, LurkingHorn said:

Remember a few days ago when people were talking about catching the Lakers? That was funny 

On 4/13/2021 at 6:24 AM, LurkingHorn said:

Quoting this from the previous page. Nothing has changed. Getting up to the 5th or 6th seed was a pipe dream. Too many back-to-backs remaining. 

On 4/8/2021 at 7:17 AM, LurkingHorn said:

The truth of the matter, regardless of how good the Utah win was or how bad the Houston loss was, I think we're pretty entrenched in the 7th seed. Some season this team will not get off to a shitastic start and then maybe they can actually make some noise in the top 4 seeds. 

giphy.gif

I won't bring it up again if agree to predict Dallas is swept in 1st rd and work your magic 😉

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Somebody better tell this guy:

giphy.gif

I won't bring it up again if agree to predict Dallas is swept in 1st rd and work your magic 😉

The Mavs will be out-matched and out-classed by their first round opponent regardless of who it is. 

• Like 2

I predicted they would be a 4-6 seed a few months ago.  Too lazy to dig up the post, but the schedule and COVID did us no favors early on.  This is a pretty good basketball team with a young superstar who can go nuclear at any moment, which gives us a chance in any series.  I’d prefer Denver, but if we get the Clippers, so be it.  I would rest everybody and let a bunch of g-leaguers determine the 3-6 seeds. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I predicted they would be a 4-6 seed a few months ago.  Too lazy to dig up the post, but the schedule and COVID did us no favors early on.  This is a pretty good basketball team with a young superstar who can go nuclear at any moment, which gives us a chance in any series.  I’d prefer Denver, but if we get the Clippers, so be it.  I would rest everybody and let a bunch of g-leaguers determine the 3-6 seeds. 

LeBron and AD being out definitely helped us.  we are probably a 6 without that regardless of covid.  but 5 or 6 is good and avoiding the play in is big.  I'm not sure we have the horses to be top 4 without KP being a solid #2.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

LeBron and AD being out definitely helped us.  we are probably a 6 without that regardless of covid.  but 5 or 6 is good and avoiding the play in is big.  I'm not sure we have the horses to be top 4 without KP being a solid #2.

KP is rested and ready and we are about to find out if he’s a solid #2.  He looked like it in the bubble last year.

Just now, conVINCEd said:

KP is rested and ready and we are about to find out if he’s a solid #2.  He looked like it in the bubble last year.

well I'm tan, rested and ready as well.  would love to eat crow on KP this year as well.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

well I'm tan, rested and ready as well.  would love to eat crow on KP this year as well.

If he gave us 20/10 over the course of the postseason, however long that lasts, while playing in the vast majority of the games,  would that make him an acceptable #2?  Just trying to determine where the goalposts are here.

6 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

If he gave us 20/10 over the course of the postseason, however long that lasts, while playing in the vast majority of the games,  would that make him an acceptable #2?  Just trying to determine where the goalposts are here.

to be a solid #2 that can help get a team to a top 3 in conference I'd like to see a little more scoring 22 to 23 considering he takes a good number of shots and 3 pointers.

more importantly he needs to be available to play much more, so we don't have to count on other players to fill that role. we can't afford him not to play in playoff games and we need him to play closer to 85% of reg season games.  He averages 20/9  we just need more games out of him.