2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

@DonkeyCigars

I also heard (not sure which radio show) that national tv considerations could have played a factor.  You can't rest your stars in those games unless you want to look like shit and pay a fine.  And they probably thought they could beat OKC without them anyway.

Can't believe that shit was played up the way it was.  But the know-it-alls need content I guess.

Edited by threesheets

7 turnovers and under 40% from the field, that’s not good enough to beat really good teams with the support system he has. Wasn’t a bad game and Not necessarily a knock against him as he’s having to create the vast majority of offense and force things at times. Need Richardson to get more aggressive as he’s shown flashes or find some other creator as the vast majority of the squad is made of spot up shooters

Really impressed with the clippers defense tonight. They had active hands and did a lot of things well that didn't really show up on the stat sheet. Clogged passing lanes, doubled Luka early in the shot clock, committed to not foul us in the paint. That was a disciplined team.

I really think we need a defense minded big. Teams are tearing us up on the boards and in the paint. That was the difference tonight.

43 minutes ago, bluto said:

7 turnovers and under 40% from the field, that’s not good enough to beat really good teams with the support system he has. Wasn’t a bad game and Not necessarily a knock against him as he’s having to create the vast majority of offense and force things at times. Need Richardson to get more aggressive as he’s shown flashes or find some other creator as the vast majority of the squad is made of spot up shooters

Fair. I just think we need to get older and more gristled. Unfortunately that's the name of the game. The last four minutes or so it was balls vs deer in headlights.

And to @immortal13's point. Yes. And that dude needs to be a don't-give-a-fuck dog like Jason Terry.  #realcrip 

• Like 1

Really impressed with the clippers defense tonight. They had active hands and did a lot of things well that didn't really show up on the stat sheet. Clogged passing lanes, doubled Luka early in the shot clock, committed to not foul us in the paint. That was a disciplined team.

I really think we need a defense minded big. Teams are tearing us up on the boards and in the paint. That was the difference tonight.

If I have to watch that ugly euro swing on the rim ten times next game I’m just not tuning in.

And agreed on needing one other playmaker/creator but not all nba level, so long as full strength there’s enough shooters I think. Maybe Burke is an option, as crazy as that sounds, guy is fearless if nothing else.

Also agree on the active hands/D by clips, they hounded the shit out of luka. Even on non turnover stat possessions there ~half dozen tips or deflects. Just frustrating, thank gosh Beverly wasn’t part of it though.

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

Dallas should take a swing at Kyle Lowry if they're trying to get better in the short term. Raptors probably want way  too much for him though.

I don't think we're going to have enough assets to get anybody of note because we do not own our pick this year. 

Just now, conVINCEd said:

Since he’s gotten over COVID, he’s what I hoped Delon Wright would be.  Feisty on defense and opportunistic on offense.

Great comparison. I loved Delon's game and kept waiting for him to turn a corner. JRich has basically been what Delon was. But the past week he has been straight ballin. 

Great comparison. I loved Delon's game and kept waiting for him to turn a corner. JRich has basically been what Delon was. But the past week he has been straight ballin. 
I understand why they made the trade but I think you can't trade an elite offensive skill for two maybe above average skills. If he can consistently put in performances like this though I'll be happy to eat my hat.

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
10 minutes ago, CBT said:

I understand why they made the trade but I think you can't trade an elite offensive skill for two maybe above average skills. If he can consistently put in performances like this though I'll be happy to eat my hat.

An above average offensive player who is an above average defensive player is better that an elite shooter that is a defensive liability IMO.

12 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

He’s actually pretty tough.  We have the only guy in the league who could take him in a fight, and he’s on COVID vacation tonight.

3 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
12 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:
He’s actually pretty tough.  We have the only guy in the league who could take him in a fight, and he’s on COVID vacation tonight.

I think adams could take him.

Josh Johnson would destroy his bitch ass.