2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

8 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

two monster games against Portland coming up.

NBA TV, so i can actually watch it.

You can find a free stream on any game. I usually use this site:

https://www.streameast.live/dallas-mavericks-live-stream/

or just Google "mavericks streameast" and it will take you right there

Edited by immortal13
  • Hook 'Em 2

Does the team make a trade by the deadline? I have read several rumors but also some stuff saying nothing will happen.

My thoughts on a few players:

Drummond - Cleveland wants a 2nd round pick if they dont take back long term salary and a 1st if they do. I don't see this happening as a trade and not sure we are going to beat out other teams if he is bought out.

Oladipo - can be had for cheap. Filler salary and some 2nd round picks most likely. This is my top target that I think is attainable.

Collins - saw a Maxi for Collins rumor. Not sure what else Atl would want. I think it would be a great fit but Mavs dont have enough trade assets.

Fournier - Another potential low cost guy on an expiring deal. He has the 3 but not much D.

For me, I want a scorer. Coming in to the season more emphasis was put on defense but the results are meh. KP has been too up and down on offense. THJ is hit or miss. That's why I think Oladipo makes sense.

11 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Does the team make a trade by the deadline? I have read several rumors but also some stuff saying nothing will happen.

My thoughts on a few players:

Drummond - Cleveland wants a 2nd round pick if they dont take back long term salary and a 1st if they do. I don't see this happening as a trade and not sure we are going to beat out other teams if he is bought out.

Oladipo - can be had for cheap. Filler salary and some 2nd round picks most likely. This is my top target that I think is attainable.

Collins - saw a Maxi for Collins rumor. Not sure what else Atl would want. I think it would be a great fit but Mavs dont have enough trade assets.

Fournier - Another potential low cost guy on an expiring deal. He has the 3 but not much D.

For me, I want a scorer. Coming in to the season more emphasis was put on defense but the results are meh. KP has been too up and down on offense. THJ is hit or miss. That's why I think Oladipo makes sense.

Can't they just sign Oladipo this summer? Not sure it's worth it to give up all the other assets if that's the case. If they are going to make a trade, I would absolutely do the deal for Collins even if Maxi is involved. He's younger than all the other guys on the list and would be a legit scorer. 

32 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Can't they just sign Oladipo this summer? Not sure it's worth it to give up all the other assets if that's the case. If they are going to make a trade, I would absolutely do the deal for Collins even if Maxi is involved. He's younger than all the other guys on the list and would be a legit scorer. 

For Oladipo, it isnt giving up much. James Johnson, probably Wes, and some 2nd round picks. Advantage over doing it now is Mavs would get his Bird rights.

20 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Oladipo is looking to get paid a max deal. Pre injury he was a borderline max player. Post injury not close. Some team will cough it up and he can be the new John wall but please don't let the Mavs be that team.

Agreed, and if you give up anything of substance it’s implied that you are going to try to resign him.  If it’s a future #2 or something like that sure, why not if you think it marginally improves the team this year, but he won’t be that cheap.