2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

43 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Every team is going to try and play Luka like the Clippers did. Constant pressure and overly physical.

same thing they did to Dirk for years(especially popavich).  guys all up on top of him.  he was just too tall and good but it did hurt us because it became "normal" to play him like that.

unless porzingas plays to his contract and potential this team goes nowhere.  its the same team.  Brunson did a god job finishing tonight though.

Disagree - Shooting tonight was meh, new chemistry to consider, some trash officiating. If you’re judging a team on one game then you’re seeking to lay judgement upon a decidedly small sample, unlikely to represent the whole.

This is a Top 5 team in the West... give it time.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Disagree - Shooting tonight was meh, new chemistry to consider, some trash officiating. If you’re judging a team on one game then you’re seeking to lay judgement upon a decidedly small sample, unlikely to represent the whole.

oh they will make the playoffs but they need porzingas to play at a high level to go anywhere in the playoffs.  we will see what happens when he returns.

16 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

we're getting Kane Fitzgerald as one of the refs tonight.  same douche who ejected KP in the Clippers playoff game.

What's funny is I hate Dalen more than any official in the league, easy.  He has no business being anything other than a cop that harasses high school kids.  Piece of shit Joey Crawford wannabe.

our defense kept us in the game the first half.  they weren't muscling up on luka any more than usual (mikal bridges, really?)  what was different was instead of collapsing on luka when he got within 6 feet of the rim they were disciplined enough to stay on their assignments around the perimeter and luka wasn't able to find outlets.  it took him about 2 and a half quarters to figure that out.  

you could tell there wasn't much chemistry.  not much off the ball movement, a lot of luka watching and waiting.  the pace was so. slow.  when brunson and burke came in the tempo was better and phx didn't really have a plan for them so the game flowed.  that second unit is going to be a monster when they get more minutes together under their belts.  

disappointed in maxi's inability to get that last defensive rebound.  he had lapses like that last year in the same situation-  last defensive possession needing to secure a rebound, and he just has a mental lapse.  

loved what richardson, johnson, and even green in his limited time brought to the game.  

we need to run against the lakers and use WCS more.  if we play half court again it's going to be a.) boring and b.) a losing proposition.  that said, i don't think we will.

Like @gsoda3 said, Brunson and Burke combo has a lot of upside for offense. The 1st half was rough with them but in the 2nd half they seemed to click. Burke was high energy, lots of off ball movement and Brunson did a good job of facilitating and driving.  However need to make sure you keep at least DFS on the floor with them for defensive purposes.

No rhythm with Powell yet. You could tell they wanted to run some p&r lobs but timing was off. Powell had some rust for sure. He got hacked in the face with a no call and the announcers called it good defense...smh

What is WCS strength on offense? I haven't watched him enough to tell. He looks the part of an athletic roll man but I didn't see them run it.

THJ has no middle. Either hits everything or struggles. Its the nights he struggles I'll miss Seth.

I mentioned it last night, I hate how often Luka does not get back after a no call. I understand the frustration but it is allowing easy baskets for the other team.

Phoenix is a good team and will make the playoffs. Ayton has some nice post moves and Booker gets buckets. They seem to have some nice role players as well.

Beating the Lakers tomorrow night will be a nice xmas gift

42 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Like @gsoda3 said, Brunson and Burke combo has a lot of upside for offense. The 1st half was rough with them but in the 2nd half they seemed to click. Burke was high energy, lots of off ball movement and Brunson did a good job of facilitating and driving.  However need to make sure you keep at least DFS on the floor with them for defensive purposes.

No rhythm with Powell yet. You could tell they wanted to run some p&r lobs but timing was off. Powell had some rust for sure. He got hacked in the face with a no call and the announcers called it good defense...smh

What is WCS strength on offense? I haven't watched him enough to tell. He looks the part of an athletic roll man but I didn't see them run it.

THJ has no middle. Either hits everything or struggles. Its the nights he struggles I'll miss Seth.

I mentioned it last night, I hate how often Luka does not get back after a no call. I understand the frustration but it is allowing easy baskets for the other team.

Phoenix is a good team and will make the playoffs. Ayton has some nice post moves and Booker gets buckets. They seem to have some nice role players as well.

Beating the Lakers tomorrow night will be a nice xmas gift

WCS is a 7 foot elite athlete who can dunk and catch lobs.   If he had actual basketball skills beyond that he would be making $40m/yr.  

13 hours ago, RexWilson said:

Same fucking issue as last year

Not really. They were much better offensively to end the game.  

The thing that's the same is the offensive rebounds they give up.

While everyone was bitching about their clutch offense and FT's and defense last year, I was hear screaming that they had to figure out how not to give up big offensive rebounds late in games. Happened in their first lost last year, same thing this year.

13 hours ago, dcar00 said:

unless porzingas plays to his contract and potential this team goes nowhere.  its the same team.  Brunson did a god job finishing tonight though.

Yeah, no.  If you watched that and said "same team" then you're blind.  They shot 24% or some shit from 3.

They played really good defense, and the late game offensively woes weren't there like last season.

They're flat out BETTER now than they were in the Clippers series.  Don't let a loss to a team that seems to always give us hell or flat beat us, change your mind.

12 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

All of this.  Yes, obviously they need KP to actually make a huge jump in the playoffs...but this team, even without KP, is better than last season.  This first week will be a disaster and a 1-2 or hell even a 0-3 start is not out of the question.  It doesn't mean shit. They'll be in the Top 6 by the end of the year.

Also, agree with Luka.  He has to stop that shit.

Edited by Drew

12 minutes ago, TexPx said:

How come neither team is wearing official team colors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you not realize that Dallas is wearing the road jersey they used from 1980 through the late 90s? They had a blue one too, but this was the primary road option.

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

This start is.....not good.  

Losing to the Lakers, ok sure.  Getting dominated (especially on the boards) isn't a good initial look.  

not unexpected. this is staple of Rick Carlisle.   zero D and lackluster rebounding.  this team will be 5th in the west because Luka is that good.  KP better be otherworldly.