2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

If kp wants the ball more he should start by figuring out how to seal off his defender in the post. And he needs to start lower on the block. It's useless asking for the ball by the three point line with your back to the basket when you're a step and a half away from being double teamed.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:57 AM, Vic Mackey said:
On 4/9/2021 at 3:50 PM, gyroprotagonist said:
so luka and kp aren't besties anymore?  is this just some media manufactured bs?  it don't make a shit if they are winning, but kp better not be acting like a bitch.
offensive rebounding and hitting 3s DFS is the best DFS

What happened??

no idea if anything really happened.  just heard some noise on the ticket about it and then KP had a weird quote in an after game interview where he could have quashed the whole thing, but said some super generic sports player interview stuff that, while on it's own was nothing bad at all, but given the context of what was asked did not really help the situation. 

I cannot find the after game interview quote, but it was a softball on 'how fun is it to play with Luka when he is making all these assists' and KP was borg-like in saying they all had to play together.

I did see this after the loss to the rockets when luka was shooting like ass

Porzingis Peeved? Mavs Star Goes Passive-Aggressive After Loss

Why didn't KP take a shot in the critical fourth quarter? “Good question,” Porzingis said after pausing for a relative-eternity of five seconds. “It’s just the plays we were running. Happened before, also.”

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/porzingis-peeved-dallas-mavs-star-goes-passive-aggressive-after-loss

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Party_Taco said:

These losses down the stretch are rough...

Taking an L from Philly on a back-back is to be expected, but that’s why you go win that game against fucking San Antonio.

Maturity on this team still has a LONG way to go, and it all starts with Luka IMO.

Yep this loss was pretty much a given on paper. 2nd night of a back to back and KP would not play. Without KP, we don't matchup to Philly. But the Spurs loss was unacceptable. So was the Houston loss. 

On 4/8/2021 at 9:17 AM, LurkingHorn said:

The truth of the matter, regardless of how good the Utah win was or how bad the Houston loss was, I think we're pretty entrenched in the 7th seed. Some season this team will not get off to a shitastic start and then maybe they can actually make some noise in the top 4 seeds. 

Quoting this from the previous page. Nothing has changed. Getting up to the 5th or 6th seed was a pipe dream. Too many back-to-backs remaining. 

we had a decent run for a bit against the easier part of the schedule but houston and SA losses were horrible.  This was always the outcome though.  the whole team is inconsistent on O and D except for Luka and KP is like playing with a no. 3 not a no. 2.

there is a huge whole and we don't have anything we can really hang our hat on.

see that Cuban is now saying the play in was a mistake.  well it wasn't when everyone was thinking we could get 6th fairly easily and challenge for 5 or 4.

Rick's here for life but he should be under some microscope at least.  not sure what to do with KP at this point.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dcar00 said:

we had a decent run for a bit against the easier part of the schedule but houston and SA losses were horrible.  This was always the outcome though.  the whole team is inconsistent on O and D except for Luka and KP is like playing with a no. 3 not a no. 2.

there is a huge whole and we don't have anything we can really hang our hat on.

see that Cuban is now saying the play in was a mistake.  well it wasn't when everyone was thinking we could get 6th fairly easily and challenge for 5 or 4.

Rick's here for life but he should be under some microscope at least.  not sure what to do with KP at this point.

I agree that the play-in was a mistake, but Cuban bitching about it now looks really petty IMO. The Mavs have nobody to blame but themselves if they stay in the 7th spot. They've let way too many easy games go. 

Losses to non-playoff teams (only using top 8 seeds):

Chicago(2)

Toronto

Houston(2)

OKC

NO

San Antonio

Golden State

Those are 9 games where if you just would have only gone 4-5 in,  you would be the 6th seed and only 1.5 games behind the 4th seed. 

9 minutes ago, CBT said:

Cuban's point is that the compression of the schedule is bad, due to the play in. Which he is correct on. Even if the Mavs were the 3 seed or something, the issue would still remain. 

It’s somewhat of a one-off deal because of the Olympics this year.  The could have just gone an extra couple of weeks and avoided the compressed schedule otherwise.  That being said, I don’t like it.  It worked for the bubble because reducing the number of regular season games during the middle of the season hurt teams trying to play catch up after a bad start.  Everyone knew the deal coming into this season, thus there is no inequity to address.  

56 minutes ago, CBT said:

Cuban's point is that the compression of the schedule is bad, due to the play in. Which he is correct on. Even if the Mavs were the 3 seed or something, the issue would still remain. 

I don't believe he would be publicly complaining about the compression of the schedule if the Mavs were the 3 seed. Just my opinion. 

So we demand transparency when it comes to load management,  but we want them to take the high road and lie about their feelings on other shit. 

No one even talks about the covid stretch where we had to play with 8 or whatever it was, then watch other teams have games rescheduled. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, threesheets said:

So we demand transparency when it comes to load management,  but we want them to take the high road and lie about their feelings on other shit. 

No one even talks about the covid stretch where we had to play with 8 or whatever it was, then watch other teams have games rescheduled. 

Who are you referring to with this? I don't think I've ever brought up anything with regard to load management transparency. I'm not even sure why this is a controversial stance that I and many others have. We said Cuban is right, we also said he looks petty bringing it up at this point. Both can be true. 

The covid stretch absolutely sucked. It also sucks to lose 9 games to non-playoff teams. Both are the reason we find ourselves where we are today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

He's a fucking killer.  Now stop fooling around and get him better players.

Let's just enjoy the season we have in front of us. Lots to be done on that front this summer. 

Great, improbable win. Also, I want no part of Memphis in a play-in game. Please, please no. 

5 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

True. But 1st leg is Detroit and both games are at home. That might be better than having a travel day off between 2 actual NBA teams.

You also have to factor in the fact that anyone with a hangnail will sit out the Detroit game.

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The Thursday game is the second of a back to back for dallas. Don’t know about la. 

The Lakers have two days off before that first game with us. Also, the tweet is a little misleading. Even though we only have 2 fewer losses, the Lakers have 4 more wins so we are 3 games back. You would basically have to sweep them to have a shot to catch them. 

I hope we've learned our lesson and go ahead and take the Detroit win the night before. Do not worry about throwing it all out there against the Lakers and play the scrubs thinking you'll beat Detroit with no problem. Win the games you're supposed to win and steal a few you shouldn't. That's the recipe to move up.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

You also have to factor in the fact that anyone with a hangnail will sit out the Detroit game.

I really hope they do not do this. If you can blow them out and rest everyone in the 4th, that's the best case scenario for me. I'm tired of throwing games. 

47 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

I really hope they do not do this. If you can blow them out and rest everyone in the 4th, that's the best case scenario for me. I'm tired of throwing games. 

Same. At what point do we try and win these types of games? Fuck the rest constantly. We aren't the 1 seed who has room for error.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1