New Mobile App Live! Uninstall Tapatalk.

immamac

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

I thought of another thing this app is terrible at, @immamac and that thing is Twitter posts.

Probably going back to Tapa soon just for that and the scroll bar post finder.

seriously - try the mobile web interface. It works really nicely (at least on Android+Samsung Browser)

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Do you not like the mobile site at all? 

It's okay, but I prefer app-based UXs for forums over mobile sites. I'm not always great at hitting text links with my finger on the mobile site. But I should give it more of a chance than I have. 

How long before it prompts me to download? Do I need to uninstall Tapa before it will do that? Do I need to visit surly from a specific browser?

Honestly I've never gotten the hate for Tapatalk. It's infinitely easier to read and navigate than a mobile website. I even prefer it to a regular website. 

On 5/24/2021 at 8:08 AM, trauma babe said:

I thought of another thing this app is terrible at, @immamac and that thing is Twitter posts.

Probably going back to Tapa soon just for that and the scroll bar post finder.

Imagine using Tapatalk in 2021, lmao. That app is dog shit that drains battery like crazy. Surly web browser on mobile is damn good.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably going back to tapa. Or I guess I'll try the mobile web interface first. On the new app, the swipe/bar navigation is just too finicky. I'll be scrolling through and accidentally hit it, and all of the sudden I'm viewing stuff from 2 years ago. Or I want to go to the last 2 pages, and it's really hard to tell how far to swipe. Also can't pinch to zoom, and Twitter has problems.

14 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

Probably going back to tapa. Or I guess I'll try the mobile web interface first. On the new app, the swipe/bar navigation is just too finicky. I'll be scrolling through and accidentally hit it, and all of the sudden I'm viewing stuff from 2 years ago. Or I want to go to the last 2 pages, and it's really hard to tell how far to swipe. Also can't pinch to zoom, and Twitter has problems.

Mobile site works great. Problem solved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@immamac I'm late to this party and found this thread while searching for something other than crapatalk. I downloaded Communities on Google Play and added Surly and one other forum as a test. I keep getting "Error Sorry, there was a problem loading this community."

Is it still working? I'm sure I'm just being an idiot.