2020-2021 NBA Thread of Insanity

ztejas

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Hard cap, salaries are paid as a percentage. Their annual changes as the cap rises and falls.

You may allocate however you wish. 

Ex using 100million cap

Lebron gets 44million AD gets 43 million and the rest of the roster plays for 1%. 

See I would certainly offer LeBron like 75% and pray he said yes. 
if you had all the best players disbursed bc star teams can’t hoard them it would either make for a more interesting game and league with more parity- or you’d see players really sacrifice tons of money to team up in the best locations. 
And man, drafting well if you have a rookie wage scale would be absolutely huge. 

52 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Ridiculous grown ass man putting his business in the streets like that. 

Right, its stupid as hell for a teenager/20ish to be doing that dumb shit.   This dumbass is 40 putting that stupid shit out there.    

InfantileJovialKestrel.webp

On 4/5/2021 at 12:26 PM, Vic Mackey said:

169283932_4614561498562656_2016611602930

OK, Lebron, if you're going to use my body there's a couple of things you need to know upfront. First, your right ankle will feel stiff when you wake up in the morning. Just walk it out and it'll be fine. Second, don't worry about that popping sound in the shoulder. The doctor says it's fine. Lastly, yes, "it's down there". You just need to bend over a bit and lift up the gut, but then you'll see it. And it works fine (most of the time).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

I was floored by that stat when I saw it yesterday.    Just shows they weren't using him properly here.    An elite finisher should be put into positions where he can catch and finish not trying to get his own shot all the time.

On 4/9/2021 at 9:46 AM, d2o said:

I was floored by that stat when I saw it yesterday.    Just shows they weren't using him properly here.    An elite finisher should be put into positions where he can catch and finish not trying to get his own shot all the time.

That doesn't even seem possible. Maybe Orlando would be interested in finding a point guard? 

Speaking of point guards, NOLA played Zion at point last night full time for the first time all year with Ball out. 37, 15 boards and 8 assists and they beat the Sixers. 

17 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

That doesn't even seem possible. Maybe Orlando would be interested in finding a point guard? 

Speaking of point guards, NOLA played Zion at point last night full time for the first time all year with Ball out. 37, 15 boards and 8 assists and they beat the Sixers. 

Fultz and DJ were decent PGs.   That stat is form of coaching not lack of PG play.   The coach is telling AG to get the ball up top and make something happen.    

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Is this going to be another Magic deal where he buys in 10% and becomes the face of the franchise? Didn't he already try to buy the Mets?

He tried, but it did not work out. At least Seattle will have a team again within the next 2-3 years if this goes through. I think that’s a fairly exciting deal for the league. 

4 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Enes Kanter with a smooth 24 points and 30 rebounds. 

lmao, he straight up said, "Man FUCK Jusuf Nurkic!" 

for those unaware, Nurkic recently returned from his wrist injury and started eating into Kanter's playing time. However, the Blazers gave Nurkic a rest day today. Kanter was on a mf'ing mission!

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

So KD gets blown out against the Lakers JV team? Lmao. 

Little rusty and Kyrie got tossed right at the start of the 2nd half. I think they are still watching his minutes, too, or Nash just called it early. 

Drummond has helped this Lakers team. They aren't as bad as I thought they'd be without LeBron and AD.

Little rusty and Kyrie got tossed right at the start of the 2nd half. I think they are still watching his minutes, too, or Nash just called it early. 
Drummond has helped this Lakers team. They aren't as bad as I thought they'd be without LeBron and AD.
The nets were losing when kyrie got tossed.

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
38 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The nets were losing when kyrie got tossed.

By 4 points. 

Like it matters anyway. They're still tied for 1st in the East. I don't think they're losing sleep over throwing the towel in in KD's 2nd game back and without Harden.