2020-2021 NBA Thread of Insanity

ztejas

46 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Washington is playing some really good basketball.

13-3 run with all 3 losses coming on the 2nd nights of a back to back. I would be scared if I was the loser of the 7-8 game.

Next 5 are all on the road.

knocking miami into the lottery is the least russ could do for fucking up the rockets.

• Rage+1 1

He was also a selfish cunt that not only forced a trade to the Knicks, but also made them gut their entire roster in the trade so he could get more money. And then he felt persecuted when the team around him sucked and they didn't win shit.

Don’t forget the blazers aren’t as good as they should be with him on board..but we know how far a Dame/CM team will go in the west anyways
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Indiana seems to be in a bit of trouble.

Unless Bitadze did something dirty or extremely disrespectful to Foster or the HC, then there's really no excuse for that behavior.  I'll reserve judgment until just what happened comes to light, but at first glance, Foster probably just needs to be put out of his misery and sent packing.  He only has a couple more weeks anyway.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

i've already posted too many gifs of uproarious laughter today, so i'll just let this idiotic assertion stand on its own. 

You have to respect that kind of loyalty to a player that's probably going to get him fired twice.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/3/2021 at 8:33 PM, Machinator said:

14-21-24 for Westbrook tonight

Also just saw this. Lmao. Who gives a shit. He was given the 2nd best player of his generation and couldn't materialize it into anything more than one Finals appearance. He's a stat-chasing loser and always will be. Does he have even one 2nd round appearance sans KD on his team? 

Also just saw this. Lmao. Who gives a shit. He was given the 2nd best player of his generation and couldn't materialize it into anything more than one Finals appearance. He's a stat-chasing loser and always will be. Does he have even one 2nd round appearance sans KD on his team? 
What did KD do without Westbrook in OKC? Except lose to Memphis in the playoffs. And didn't he completely miss the playoffs another year? Yeah that tells me KD wouldn't have did shit in Westbrook's situations. He joins the team he choked against for a few rings. Then hops to the next one.

17 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i've already posted too many gifs of uproarious laughter today, so i'll just let this idiotic assertion stand on its own. 

That's just a coach standing up for his guy.   He actually played against Magic, Isiah, Stockton and more KNOWS that shit aint true

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
15 hours ago, ztejas said:

What did KD do without Westbrook in OKC? Except lose to Memphis in the playoffs. And didn't he completely miss the playoffs another year? Yeah that tells me KD wouldn't have did shit in Westbrook's situations. He joins the team he choked against for a few rings. Then hops to the next one.

Yeah, I tend to agree with most of this.   They both had a season without the other in OKC and neither did much.   I know KD is from UT so he will get the benefit of the doubt from most here but the over the top Russ hatred is pretty wild.    And they choked away that 3-1 together.

i have to wonder aloud though how KD would have done with basically any two other superstars/future MVPs on his team. my gut says they win at least one title, if not two or three. after all, Harden is an absolute playoff choke artist, and Russ believed (and probably still does believe) that he was better than KD and was on a mission to prove it every single night. replace Russ with CP3 or someone like that and i'm sorry, but there's no way they don't win at least one. KD could not have had two worse superstar/future superstar teammates by his side come playoff time/

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

also, looking up just stats just now from the James Harden OKC era, and i've got some trivia for y'all. here are the members of the All-NBA team in 2011-12:

1st team:

Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, KD, LeBron, Dwight Howard

2nd team:

Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, AND...???

name that center. go!

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

also, looking up just stats just now from the James Harden OKC era, and i've got some trivia for y'all. here are the members of the All-NBA team in 2011-12:

1st team:

Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, KD, LeBron, Dwight Howard

2nd team:

Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, AND...???

name that center. go!

Tyson Chandler?

The all nba team selections being pigeon holed with a "center" didn't anticipate an era devoid of quality bigs. There was a decent stretch where Dwight Howard was the default selection. If you really want to be offended, look at the 2015-16 team. Woof. DeAndre Jordan, Demarcus Cousins and Andre Drummond. I don't think any of those guys could ever be considered among the best 15 players in the league. 

• Hook 'Em 1