2020-2021 NBA Thread of Insanity

ztejas

They've actually done a pretty good job at making this look like the bubble court and not like a huge empty stadium
Man I was about to say the opposite honestly. It feels dead to me without the fan video board. Hopefully we'll get some crowds back by spring. The NBA suffers much more for lack of fans than the other sports.

5 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Kyrie can hoop.
KD can score.
Nash and D'Antoni will give everyone the green light of they can shoot a little.

Nets are going to be a thing, assuming health.

Didn't realize or had forgotten D'Antoni is on their staff. What an embarrassment of riches. 

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

They’re pretty harmless without Klay out there.

People always undervalue how much Klay brings.  There aren’t many players who move wo the ball that same way which creates a ton of shots and options  for his teammates.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I know this will be lost a bit, but the two players I were watching the most were Durant and Wiseman.  I think Wiseman actually looked pretty decent for his first game.  I'm definitely curious how he develops over the season.  The Nets looked fantastic, but never wise to judge too much from one game and a lower quality opponent.  But nothing I saw changes much as to what I thought they could do this season...very bullish on their prospects this year.  Just stay healthy, be committed to being solid defensively, and avoid Kyrie madness/drama, and they're good to go.

I'm watching the Lakers-Clippers and without the fans in the big arena it is just like watching some dudes play at the Y to me.  TnT has this fake crowd drone that is super annoying and non-exciting, I would much rather hear the ball dribble, the sneakers squeak, the players chatter than this fake shit.

Also, League Pass is $300 Singapore - WTF. $30 a month, I was expecting like $9 to $14 a month.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

I'm watching the Lakers-Clippers and without the fans in the big arena it is just like watching some dudes play at the Y to me.  TnT has this fake crowd drone that is super annoying and non-exciting, I would much rather hear the ball dribble, the sneakers squeak, the players chatter than this fake shit.

Also, League Pass is $300 Singapore - WTF. $30 a month, I was expecting like $9 to $14 a month.

The audio for the first game was terrrrible. Hope they figure it out or we can get fans in stands soon.

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

KD looked awesome. Him and lyric against LBJ would be pretty interesting for the title. 

I'm trying to think if 2 guys have ever played each other in the Finals as a part of 3 different teams. I'm guessing it's never happened - I'm sure it's a very short list if it has.

Could cement a pretty legendary rivalry.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

not even one game in and i'm already sick of LeBron whining his way into foul calls. jesus he's insufferable 

His preening was bad in Miami but it's gone to a whole 'nother level in LA. I liked him best in both stints with the Cavs.

Edited by ztejas

53 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Golden State was missing Green and that definitely hurt them on the defensive end of the floor, but damn, their offense is bad. They should be all in on maximizing Curry's productive window.

It's not for lack of trying/spending. In the last year, they've had D'Angelo Russell coming off an All-Star appearance, the #2 pick, and Iggy's trade exception to use as assets to improve the roster. They turned that into the right to pay Andrew Wiggins $30M per, Wiseman, and Kelly Oubre, Jr taking them well into the luxury tax. Combine that with awful injury luck...not great, Bob.

Edited by aggie08

Just now, shadow_operative said:

LAL waving the white flag, sending LBJ and AD to the bench with more than 3:30 remaining. they're gonna do this allllll season. 

They'll take a lot of whole games off, but I doubt they'll bow out of many early. Players fucking hate what partial games do to their season stats.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I'm trying to think if 2 guys have ever played each other in the Finals as a part of 3 different teams. I'm guessing it's never happened - I'm sure it's a very short list if it has.

Could cement a pretty legendary rivalry.

Following up on this - haven't researched yet but just going off of the top of my head it's difficult to even think of guys that have played in the Finals on 3 different teams.

So far I have:

LeBron 

Danny Green

Robert Horry 

Shaq 

add - Gary Payton

add - Danny Ainge 

I'll look into it more thoroughly at some point but feel free to help me out here. It's really fucking rare. I'm like 99% confident KD and LeBron would be the first to play each other as members of 3 different squads.

Edited by ztejas

51 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Following up on this - haven't researched yet but just going off of the top of my head it's difficult to even think of guys that have played in the Finals on 3 different teams.

So far I have:

LeBron 

Danny Green

Robert Horry 

Shaq 

add - Gary Payton

add - Danny Ainge 

I'll look into it more thoroughly at some point but feel free to help me out here. It's really fucking rare. I'm like 99% confident KD and LeBron would be the first to play each other as members of 3 different squads.

John Salley.

Wilt.

That's all I got.