Christmas Party at Nakatomi Plaza Tomorrow

bschoolprof

Went to see Die Hard with buddies as a sophomore or junior in HS. Was expecting Tango & Cash. Got arguably the greatest action movie of all time instead. Never have I gone in to see a flick with lower expectations and have it wind up being a masterpiece than this. Planning to watch it tomorrow.

Two things that bother me about this movie.  And these are probably the only things that bother me because it's otherwise perfect:

1.  No company has its Christmas party on Christmas Eve.

2. USC ain't playing Notre Dame on Christmas Eve.

Other than that, pure genius.

"Aw, shit! Come on. I got 50 bucks bet on them assholes."

36 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Two things that bother me about this movie.  And these are probably the only things that bother me because it's otherwise perfect:

1.  No company has its Christmas party on Christmas Eve.

2. USC ain't playing Notre Dame on Christmas Eve.

Other than that, pure genius.

"Aw, shit! Come on. I got 50 bucks bet on them assholes."

i must've missed 60 minutes.  what are you saying?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i must've missed 60 minutes.  what are you saying?

in a movie that asks you to suspend all possible belief, those are the two things that bug me because they're not realistic. 

yeah, the entire movie is unrealistic, but come on, don't say your company Christmas party is on Christmas Eve.  nobody does that.  and USC ain't playing Notre Dame on Christmas Eve.  they play every year during the regular season in either October or November.  pick a different game to show.

they're continuity errors that should have been corrected.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

in a movie that asks you to suspend all possible belief, those are the two things that bug me because they're not realistic. 

yeah, the entire movie is unrealistic, but come on, don't say your company Christmas party is on Christmas Eve.  nobody does that.  and USC ain't playing Notre Dame on Christmas Eve.  they play every year during the regular season in either October or November.  pick a different game to show.

sigh.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Continuity errors?  Who gives a shit about continuity errors? Who the fuck is this?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Ellis is the best non-terrorist character. At me. 

Tell that to Takagi

40 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

also if you're a b99 fan, this is a nice compilation:

Hilarious!

The first Community paint ball episode is awesome and filled with Die Hard references.

• Haha 1

Maybe a Japanese company that expects you to live at the office would have a party on a day off so you don’t actually miss work. No one ever said Nakatomi had a good work/life balance.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

My kids have been in charge of hiding the elf on a shelf this year. This morning we woke up to find it perched up in the tree, holding a cotton snowball. The elf had tied a note to a stuffed animal slumped at the base of the tree. The note read:

“Now I have a snowball

Ho-Ho-Ho”

i want to believe this.  i want to believe that kids are this clever.  i want photos. 

if it happened, then there's no reason not to give it to me.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

You know my name but who are you?  Just another American who saw too many movies as a child?  Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne?  Rambo?  Marshall Dillon?

Was always kinda partial to Roy Rogers actually. I really like those sequined shirts.

My kids have been in charge of hiding the elf on a shelf this year. This morning we woke up to find it perched up in the tree, holding a cotton snowball. The elf had tied a note to a stuffed animal slumped at the base of the tree. The note read:
“Now I have a snowball
Ho-Ho-Ho”

Your kids are gonna go places in life. Congratulations to you all.