Do we have a tattoo thread?

ernest_t_bass

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/16/2021 at 10:42 PM, irishtexan said:

Started my back this week. Buddy from chicago was working at Rock of Ages. Sat for almost 4 hours. It really really sucked.

On 8/11/2021 at 7:39 AM, ernest_t_bass said:

Yeah, that was definitely ROUGH.

On 8/11/2021 at 8:40 AM, irishtexan said:

It sucks. It hurts. Sometimes a lot. But if it didn't hurt everyone would have huge awesome pieces. You gotta earn that shit. Part of the body is a factor, but also everyone's different.

On 2/1/2023 at 7:39 PM, UpperWestside said:

Nothing but respect for you and everyone else that has tattoos. I consider this experience a tremendous, but painful at times, blessing. I hope more folks will post what they have. 

Pics to come but my leg is wrapped in tegaderm at the moment and that isn't coming off.  Got half way through my first tattoo today. Sleeve from knee to ankle that will take 15-16 hours in total. Holy hell, I underestimated the pain.  The first 30 mins wasn't pleasant then I settled in.  Hours 6 - 7.5 sucked ass though.  I don't think I could have gone much longer.  As other's have mentioned, a new appreciation to everyone I see out there covered head to toe in ink.

Edited by Bodhi

16 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

Pics to come but my leg is wrapped in tegaderm at the moment and that isn't coming off.  Got half way through my first tattoo today. Sleeve from knee to ankle that will take 15-16 hours in total. Holy hell, I underestimated the pain.  The first 30 mins wasn't pleasant then I settled in.  Hours 6 - 7.5 sucked ass though.  I don't think I could have gone much longer.  As other's have mentioned, a new appreciation to everyone I see out there covered head to toe in ink.

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

7.5 hours of sitting, actual tattooing, is kind of fucking long.

I've never sat for more than 5 hours. 7.5 is ridiculous. That being said, 16 hours for a 1/4 leg sleeve seems like a lot of time. But that's tough to evaluate based on the level of detail you might be getting. Regardless, god speed. If you can do 7.5 hours you can do almost anything.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I've never sat for more than 5 hours. 7.5 is ridiculous. That being said, 16 hours for a 1/4 leg sleeve seems like a lot of time. But that's tough to evaluate based on the level of detail you might be getting. Regardless, god speed. If you can do 7.5 hours you can do almost anything.

12 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Agreed. Insane.

That helps to know.  I was surprised to learn my pain tolerance wasn't what I thought it was.  To be accurate, we did take breaks.  I believe the actual needle time was ~6.5 hours.  I was really shocked at how much that hurt over the last 90 mins.

Edited by Bodhi

That helps to know.  I was surprised to learn my pain tolerance wasn't what I thought it was.  To be accurate, we did take breaks.  I believe the actual needle time was ~6.5 hours.  I was really shocked at how much that hurt over the last 90 mins.

That is still long. I think 5 hours is a good sit. By that time, your body’s endorphins are depleted and you feel all the pain.

Longest I've sat is 8 hours, and that was with a very slow artist, I was getting chills at the end of it, but never tapped.  He got tired instead.  Pretty sure I had <30 minutes left in me before I shut down.  

About to start with my left arm completing the sleeve to go with my right sleeve

Edited by uoftorange
  • Like 1