Do we have an official "Fuck 2020" thread? Because fuck 2020

Rimbo

Fuck 2020.

Fuck you, 2020, for killing off Neil Peart.

Fuck you, 2020, for killing off Edward Van Halen.

Fuck you, 2020, for taking my good friend's Mom Barbara, who was like a second mother to me.

Fuck you, 2020, for taking my actual Mom, who was a truly wonderful person and I miss her every day.

Fuck you, 2020, for yet another year of Donald Trump dividing our country, ignoring the danger of COVID, and trying to steal the election.

Fuck you, 2020, for COVID.

Fuck you, 2020, for losing to OU. OU sucks. But you might actually suck worse than OU.

Fuck you, 2020.

Let us air our grievances.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 8

Fuck 2020 for taking:

My Mom at 93 from cancer. At least we got to be with her at the end and hold her hand. She was a kind lady and the matriarch of the family and dearly missed.

Jerry Jeff Walker, who was a fucking damn Texas legend even though he was a fucking yankee. He understood the mystique of being a crazy Texan.

Eddie Van Halen, a man who was a guitar god. 

For making it so I couldn't go to trade days in Fredericksburg and Wimberly and fucking me out of the Luling Watermelon Thump, and Wurstfest. Also got fucked out of going to see The Stones in May and The Violent Femmes in April after buying the tickets. A fat flying fuck you 2020!!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Capt said:

I will stay up late on NYE not to celebrate 2021, but to make sure 2020 is gone. Dear 2020, you don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

Indeed. 

I posted in Food & Travel about this. This will actually be the first year on record my wife (no pics) and I actually have NYE plans, simply because she expressed a desire to send 2020 packing with 2 middle fingers flying high. Damn hard to argue with that kinda sentimentality.

Also seems like it shall remain my credo and attitude for the next few days. 

Besides, we gotta take those shiny new vaccinations out for a spin, right?

On 12/26/2020 at 7:47 PM, Rimbo said:

Fuck 2020.

Fuck you, 2020, for killing off Neil Peart.

Fuck you, 2020, for killing off Edward Van Halen.

Fuck you, 2020, for taking my good friend's Mom Barbara, who was like a second mother to me.

Fuck you, 2020, for taking my actual Mom, who was a truly wonderful person and I miss her every day.

Fuck you, 2020, for yet another year of Donald Trump dividing our country, ignoring the danger of COVID, and trying to steal the election.

Fuck you, 2020, for COVID.

Fuck you, 2020, for losing to OU. OU sucks. But you might actually suck worse than OU.

Fuck you, 2020.

Let us air our grievances.

Fuck you, 2020, you elected Fitlump to the Austin City Council.

I think she'll provide some modicum of entertainment in 2021.  But in the end, yeah...most of the Council is an Elected Tragedy.  

Shit, I'm still bummed about Phil Niekro and I wasn't even a fan.  Just saw him pitch a couple of times when he was older than I am now, and drunker than I am now.  

I think the most fucked up part of 2020 is that for so many people I know...with all we've endured in 2020...and all we've lost in 2020...for many of them, the biggest "tragedy" of 2020 to them is voter fraud in Pennsylvania (/noCR...we're just talking about the misery of the year is all).  What a weird way to go through a year, eh?  

In 2020, I lost my aunt, my uncle, and my wife's grandfather will be lucky to make it through the week (he has Covid-19).  

And for some strange reason, Tom Herman gets a $25,000 check tomorrow for qualifying for the Alamo Bowl.

My father ended up in the hospital on the 29th. Heart catheter done on the 30th, pacemaker on the 31st. I can’t fly home because of covid. I absolutely hate not being able to be there to help my mother. My brother has covid and is very sick. He refuses to go to the hospital, and is quarantining all alone. I can’t fly home and help him either. Fuck 2020 and Covid!

The surgery went well and hopefully my father can go home tomorrow