Celebrity Death Pool - 2021

Wally Fairway

Would love to hear the conversation Holbrook and Twain are having right now up there.

Give Hal a lot of credit, for his sleight build and genteel manner...he played some really menacing roles.  And I think his soft approach made them even more ominous.  I think of his roles in The Firm, The Star Chamber, Capricorn One, and many others.  Never raised his voice or stood over anyone, but was the most powerfully terrifying person in the scene.  

18 hours ago, Hate said:

The story said that he had a lump in his neck for a while that he never got looked at because it was embarrassing. He probably should have gotten that looked at.

My late DIL delayed having her boob lump looked at, that an alternate medicine quack told her it was just a clogged milk duct.

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Would love to hear the conversation Holbrook and Twain are having right now up there.

Give Hal a lot of credit, for his sleight build and genteel manner...he played some really menacing roles.  And I think his soft approach made them even more ominous.  I think of his roles in The Firm, The Star Chamber, Capricorn One, and many others.  Never raised his voice or stood over anyone, but was the most powerfully terrifying person in the scene.  

He also played Dirty Harry's vigilante commander. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

pos rep.  I thought of four while shaving earlier and couldn't remember the fourth one to type.  Yet another great example of his quiet range.  RIP, Hal.  

He was also damn funny in a bunch of stuff as well.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Raising a Schweppes Bitter Lemon for you, Albie Duncan.

9 minutes ago, Stella Link said:

image.gif.62ec1d7f6739669e5fb9cc9dd71d6839.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Who had Christopher Plummer?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/feb/05/christopher-plummer-sound-of-music-star-and-oldest-actor-to-win-an-oscar-dies-aged-91

Christopher Plummer, Sound of Music star and oldest actor to win an Oscar, dies aged 91

DAMMIT.  

I always thought it was amazingly cool that both he and Julie Andrews were in a movie made 55 years ago, and they both were over 30 when they made the movie.

yet they both were still acting and performing as recently as last year ( knives out, and Julie did a lot of voice work)    

RIP Christopher.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

DAMMIT.  

I always thought it was amazingly cool that both he and Julie Andrews were in a movie made 55 years ago, and they both were over 30 when they made the movie.

yet they both were still acting and performing as recently as last year ( knives out, and Julie did a lot of voice work)    

RIP Christopher.

I always enjoyed his Killian's Red commercial back in the 80's.  Total different.

• Like 1

Allan Burns passed away under the radar, but he was huge. Credited with collaboration on the creation and writing of Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dudley Do-Right, George of the Jungle, The Munsters, My Mother the Car, Get Smart, Room 222, The Mary Tyler Moore Show and may others. He also created the Cap'n Crunch character for Quaker Oats. 

• Like 1

I've been reading a good bit of Hunter S. Thompson lately and one of his stories was on Ali. Hunter and Ali spent a good bit of time together working on the interview/story and Ali had high praise for Spinks. Leon was an unstoppable force. His relentless attacking style was just too much the first time they met. Ali's rope=a-dope wasn't tiring Leon out and Ali admitted that he himself was not in good condition for the fight and had underestimated Spinks.

Helluva boxer in his day and I'm not aware of any negative stories on his character. RIP Champ. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/23/2021 at 7:18 AM, burntorangebongos said:

Anybody have Larry King?

Larry King only left a $2m estate? I didn’t think he was worth $100m but only 2 for a long lifetime of work in entertainment and news? I guess divorces really take a lot of the money.  But then again what’s the point of dying with $100m in the bank.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/larry-king-estranged-wife-will-165537417-014931603.html

On 2/4/2021 at 9:28 PM, Hate said:

I always like Marty.  He seemed like a coach that players always really enjoyed playing for, similar to Bum Phillips.  I don't know of any coach that had worse playoff luck than Marty did. 

He fucked Greg Hill’s girlfriend. Gotta love him for that if nothing else

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Larry King only left a $2m estate? I didn’t think he was worth $100m but only 2 for a long lifetime of work in entertainment and news? I guess divorces really take a lot of the money.  But then again what’s the point of dying with $100m in the bank.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/larry-king-estranged-wife-will-165537417-014931603.html

Larry also liked to play the ponies.

Have you seen what tickets behind the plate at dodger stadium go for these days?

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Remember, you never want to be the richest guy in the cemetery....

From the wtf took you so long dept

More than two years after his death in 2018, Burt Reynolds has been laid to rest.

The iconic actor died at 82 on Sept. 6, 2018, after facing health issues for several years. He was finally buried at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery on Thursday in a private ceremony, the Associated Press reported. Reynolds' family members reportedly participated via Zoom.

burt-reynolds-smokey-and-the-bandit-prom

18 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Dang. He was pretty dang productive for a while.

Wondering if this is gonna be CTE related. By every indication he was an incredible dude...I read that his family reported him missing, found him alive in that hotel, and then he was dead in that hotel a day or two later. Just too weird not to be CTE IMO.