Celebrity Death Pool - 2021

Wally Fairway

On 4/19/2021 at 7:30 PM, TheStoicPaisano said:

Black Rob passed a couple days ago. Good second tier Bad Boy artist who had a couple bangers around the turn of the millennium. 

We respect that, but in Texas, Louisiana…We talk about that MAAAAAAN!!!

Little known bit actor who was in some big shows of my childhood.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/nathan-jung-dies-star-trek-the-a-team-and-films-was-74-1234748409/

Jung began his acting career in 1969 with a role as Genghis Khan in “The Savage Curtain” episode of the original Star Trek.

From that launching pad, he went on to numerous guest shots on some of the biggest television shows of the 1970s and 1980s, including M*A*S*H*, Starsky & Hutch, CHiPs, General Hospital, Manimal, Riptide, Hunter, Sanford and Son, and Kung Fu.

In the 1990s, he had stints on Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, Martial Law and Burke’s Law.

Jung also can claim to be one of the few actors who worked with both Bruce Lee and his son, Brandon Lee. Opposite Bruce, Jung appeared on a 1969 episode of Here Comes the Brides. With Brandon, Jung played a gunman in the 1992 movie Rapid Fire and appeared as the Bonsai Club manager in Showdown in Little Tokyo.  

His other film credits include Kentucky Fried Movie, Big Trouble in Little China, Black Rain, American Yakuza, Beverly Hills Ninja, Darkman, The Shadow and Longshot. He also played Leslie Nielsen’s right-hand man in the 1993 comedy Surf Ninjas.

RIP Indy legend Bobby Unser

Bobby Unser, 87, Indy 500 champ in great racing family, dies

Bobby Unser, a beloved three-time Indianapolis 500 winner and part of the only pair of brothers to win “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing” has died. He was 87.

He died Sunday at his home in Albuquerque, New Mexico, of natural causes, Indianapolis Motor Speedway said Monday.

Unser was one of the greatest racers in the history at the speedway, capturing the race in 1968, 1975 and 1981.

“He is part of the Mount Rushmore of Indy,” said Dario Franchitti, another three-time Indy 500 winner.

Younger brother Al Unser is one of only three drivers to win the Indy 500 four times — 1970, 1971, 1978 and 1987. The Unser family tradition stretched to Al Unser’s son, Al Unser Jr., who won the Indy 500 in 1992 and 1994.

“Bobby was a ferocious competitor on the track, and his larger-than-life personality made him one of the most beloved and unique racers we have ever seen,” said Roger Penske, the current speedway owner but the team owner for Unser’s winning car at the 1981 Indy 500.

“Beyond his many wins and accomplishments, Bobby was a true racer that raised the performance of everyone around him. He was also one of the most colorful characters in motorsports.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Guest Lobo
9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

How is this not the first thing people talk about?

(silently mouthing)..."What...the...fuck?"  

GEORGE JUNG REAL-LIFE 'BLOW' SMUGGLER DEAD AT 78

George Jung -- the prolific cocaine smuggler portrayed by Johnny Depp in the movie "Blow" -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the situation tell TMZ ... George died Wednesday morning at home in the Boston area. The cause of death is currently not known, though he had recently been experiencing liver and kidney failure.

56 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Poor Chuck Finley tried to navigate the crazy/hot matrix when he was with the Angels...That country bumpkin was way over his head Tawny.  He fucked around and found out.  IIRC, she went to jail, and he went to the ER. 

Damn, that one hurts. He was a fantastic actor. It seems silly to say, but he was so damn good as the bad guy in The Great Muppet Caper. I loved him in Heaven Can Wait and of course he was brilliant in Midnight Run. RIP to one of my favorites.

• Hook 'Em 4

Best movie to me:  Heartbreak Kid (OODLES better, as usual, than the remake).  My Mt. Rushmore of "Best Bullshit Artist Role" ever.

Best watching to me:  his schtick on talk shows, especially Carson.  He was absolutely brilliant.

Take care, Chuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, mchookem said:

boo ☹️

i don't like many comedies. Midnight Run was a rare exception...one of those if i came across it at night i had to stop and watch to the end. 

Thanks for enlightening me. I kept thinking Midnight Express, but once you called it a comedy, I realized I had the wrong movie.

• Haha 1

I never saw the movie nor did I have any idea who he was, but he was apparently a Deadhead so that makes him a pretty good guy. That’s sad.

And no kid within recent memory didn’t grow up on Eric Carle books. I mentioned his passing to my wife and she rattled off about 5 or 6 that I vividly remember reading to my son. RIP.
  • Hook 'Em 1