Celebrity Death Pool - 2021

Wally Fairway

On 7/9/2021 at 5:30 PM, atomheartbevo said:

He had an interesting life:

“Before playing a fictional tough guy, he played one in real life after enlisting with the Air Force during the Korean War in 1951 where he flew secret missions. During his service, he made time for higher education he studied at institutions in Syracuse, Munich, and Paris before graduating Cum Laude from UCLA where he earned a master’s degree.”

Fluent in several languages, he taught classes at the CIA and NSA. He was working on a doctorate when he signed with MGM.

He was the last actor to portray the Marlboro Man in TV commercials. 

Great fight scene in Any Which You Can. More than 300 acting credits in his career.

• Hook 'Em 2

This dude ain’t no celebrity, but I really just wanted to post the two bolded lines. 

Several suspects “exited two separate vehicles and all began to shoot.”

Chicago rapper KTS Dre was fatally shot over the weekend after reportedly being ambushed by multiple gunmen following his release from the Cook County Jail.

The shooting occurred on Saturday and 31-year-old KTS Dre (born Londre Sylvester) suffered as many as 64 bullet wounds to his head and other parts of his body, police said, per NBC Chicago.

The rising hip-hop artist had just been released from jail and was walking to a vehicle when several suspects “exited two separate vehicles and all began to shoot in Sylvester’s direction, striking him numerous times,” the police report said.

KTS Dre was one of at least 40 people who was shot in the city over the weekend; 10 of the victims died from their injuries. Police believe the local rap star was targeted, Fox 32 reports.

• Haha 1

This popped up on a relative's FB page.  Any British Surly posters who frequented the weight loss or darts threads stop posting recently?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/darts/57856227

Former BDO world darts champion Andy Fordham has died at the age of 59.

Fordham, nicknamed 'The Viking', won the tournament at the Lakeside 17 years ago, after four previous semi-final defeats.

The one-time Kent publican admitted to drinking heavily during matches and collapsed at the 2007 event.

But despite battling a number of health issues he played in the 2015 Grand Slam of Darts after coming through qualifying.

Fordham, who required a life-saving bowel operation in 2020 and was diagnosed with coronavirus at the start of this year, beat Mervyn King 6-3 in the BDO world final in 2004.

After a health scare in 2007 when doctors told Fordham his liver was 75% dead, he enrolled on reality TV show Celebrity Fit Club.

After the incident Fordham visited a doctor, and following medical tests he was informed that, as a result of long term alcohol damage, his liver was operating at only 25% capacity. He was advised to stop drinking alcohol immediately. Fordham's health had long been a concern; at one point he weighed 31 stone (200 kg; 430 lb) and was in the habit of regularly consuming 24 bottles of lager before going on stage to play darts. He admitted to the media that he had felt more comfortable playing when not fully sober.

In 2008, Fordham applied for a liver transplant. Although initially on an emergency liver transplant list, he subsequently lost 17 st (108 kg, 238 lbs) in weight and stopped drinking alcohol completely, leading to an announcement in December that, due to the improvement in his physical well-being, he probably would not now require a transplant for five years.

RIP Dusty Hill - saw ZZ Top, 10 days ago and Dusty leaned on some amps the entire concert, never saw him move. We joked about he being Bernie from Weekend at Bernies.

But they still pumped out the music and had the whole place jumping, now I'm glad we were able to go.

Edited by Wally Fairway
  • Hook 'Em 8

8 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

RIP Dusty Hill - saw ZZ Top, 10 days ago and Dusty leaned on some amps the entire concert, never saw him move. We joked about he being Bernie from Weekend at Bernies.

I'm sure Cajun knows him.

44 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

But they still pumped out the music and had the whole place jumping, now I'm glad we were able to go.

34 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I'm sure Cajun knows him.

He went to the same high school as two of my kids (Woodrow Wilson in Dallas), and a couple of friends of mine from the neighborhood knew him growing up.  He would often do photo ops with alumni.  Tried to get him to come to one of the fundraising events back when my kids were in school but the band was always touring at the time.

Was never much of a ZZ Top fan personally, but I'm still sad to see this.

FUUUUCCCKK

Saw this a few days ago (from the 23rd):

The members of ZZ Top, Billy, and Frank, would like to share that Dusty, their fearless Bass player, is on a short detour back to Texas, to address a hip issue. They await a speedy recovery and have him back pronto. Per Dusty’s request “The show must go on!”. With that directive, ZZ Top has put the services of Mr. Elwood Francis, their trusted guitar tech of the past two decades, into play with his slide guitar, bass guitar and harmonica playing in full swing. 

2 hours ago, UTHornFan014 said:

No one gonna mention Joey Jordison (Slipknot former drummer)?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Someone started a thread about it- guess you didn't bother to look before acting like a bitch.

R.I.P. Dusty, thanks for the memories and your contribution to the soundtrack of many of our lives. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Someone started a thread about it- guess you didn't bother to look before acting like a bitch.

R.I.P. Dusty, thanks for the memories and your contribution to the soundtrack of many of our lives. 
Shows how much I pay attention. I didn't even realize there was a board devoted to music...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...