Celebrity Death Pool - 2021

Wally Fairway

17 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

He didn't look too good 4 years ago at Trump's inauguration.  I can't imagine he can stand up to the treatment for very long.  Hopefully, they can make him as comfortable as possible.

He hasn't looked good since before McCain was running. I'm surprised he outlived him.

If you watched much ESPN in the ‘90s, you remember Jeanette “Black Widow” Lee. Sounds like her days are numbered based on the Go Fund Me for her daughters, stage IV ovarian cancer. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/black-widow-jeanette-lee-former-billiards-no-1-diagnosed-with-stage-4-ovarian-cancer-162151785.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

The Fat Boys, Prince Markie Dee passed away at 52 today, some good 80's flashbacks thinking back to that music and videos. Disorderlies was pretty funny as well for my 10 year old self at the time.  

No way!  Not that he died, but no way he and I were the same age!  I thought for sure he was at least 10 years older than me when I was listening to them back in the 80s.  Wow!

• Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

If you watched much ESPN in the ‘90s, you remember Jeanette “Black Widow” Lee. Sounds like her days are numbered based on the Go Fund Me for her daughters, stage IV ovarian cancer. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/black-widow-jeanette-lee-former-billiards-no-1-diagnosed-with-stage-4-ovarian-cancer-162151785.html

J&J baby powder? 

14 hours ago, shnsajax said:

The Fat Boys, Prince Markie Dee passed away at 52 today, some good 80's flashbacks thinking back to that music and videos. Disorderlies was pretty funny as well for my 10 year old self at the time.  

He was a radio DJ in Miami when I lived there, and I always enjoyed when he was on the air. 

I picked him a few years ago but took him off my team for whatever reason. 

I think I might make Mrs. Doom sit through Disorderlies this weekend. 

20 minutes ago, smuggs said:

If anyone wants to step into a time machine I highly recommend watching Krush Groove. Fat Boys, Run DMC, Kurtis Blow, a young LL Cool J, New Edition and an appearance by the Beasties.

And Sheila E is hot AF.

Saw it in a Texarkana theater. The acting was horrible (even Blair Underwood), but the soundtrack was awesome!

22 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Now that's a name I haven't thought of in some time, damn good looking woman.  Best of luck to her in this battle. 

On 2/18/2021 at 8:23 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

Now that's a name I haven't thought of in some time, damn good looking woman.  Best of luck to her in this battle. 

Wow, had a thing for her, did not realize she wasn't much older than me.

Tony Stewart is the top donor to her GoFundMe 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/jeanette-lee-legacy-fund/topdonations/

I’m going with 99 year old Prince Phillip, husband of Queen Elizabeth. Admitted to hospital on Tuesday for what was supposed to be a few days but now extended until next week. Prince Charles showed up to visit him today. Now I’m not starstruck by the Royal Family at all, generally disinterested. But my place in London is across from the back of the hospital and it’s surrounded by police, news media and paparazzi. I now have to show a bill with my address on it every time I return to my place and new police shifts don’t recognize me. And with the covid lockdown it’s too hard to sneak in a few friends due to the police presence. The old man needs to get on with it, one way or another.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I can remember sometime in the late 80s saying "CDs are a fad, they won't last". 

Feel free to ask me for gambling tips and stock advice, I obviously know what's what.

Well, to be fair you were right.  Eventually.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hate said:

Damn...RIP Lou who provided the necessary device for recording songs off the radio so we didn't have to buy the album as well as burning CD's from pirated music downloaded from Napster. 

There is still a part of me that wants to make my kids sit by the tape deck with the finger on record to make their own mixed tapes.

• Like 2

When I was in Seattle one of the rock stations (pretty sure it was KISW) played 9 at 9 every weeknight. 9 songs by the same artist with no interruption. I had a whole tape case full of those. Unfortunately nearly every one had a song cut in half when the tape ran out on one side.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, RPM said:

When I was in Seattle one of the rock stations (pretty sure it was KISW) played 9 at 9 every weeknight. 9 songs by the same artist with no interruption. I had a whole tape case full of those. Unfortunately nearly every one had a song cut in half when the tape ran out on one side.

I had one of those recorders that had a switch that said RP/LP/XP.  30/60/90 min per side IIRC. Never used anything but XP. Tapes did occasionally snap. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, RPM said:

Unfortunately nearly every one had a song cut in half when the tape ran out on one side.

Funny, I remember recording albums to cassette and the last song would always cut off. To this day I know the words to entire albums except for the last few minutes of the last song.

• Haha 1