Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

You know you’ve landed a great prospect when the most sunshine pumping guy on your board has to caveat his take with “if he can keep his weight down” about a HS junior.

Yeah, 6-0, 324 is not a good size in general.  But there are major red flags when he is still 17 years old.

Interesting to me that they think comparing him to Daylon “Big” Mack is a good thing.  I guess when he finally quit jumping offsides, he turned into a serviceable player.

8 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Yeah, 6-0, 324 is not a good size in general.  But there are major red flags when he is still 17 years old.

Interesting to me that they think comparing him to Daylon “Big” Mack is a good thing.  I guess when he finally quit jumping offsides, he turned into a serviceable player.

The best thing about comparing him to Daylon Mack is Mack was 6’1 and was a 5 star recruit because of his elite quickness. Most thought he could go far if he kept his weight down. He didn’t. 

This kid is an inch shorter, same weight, without the elite quickness. 

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

They picked up a . . . a 6 foot 324 pound DT

Yikes 

55 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

How do his arms and leverage compare to Poona Ford’s?

47 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

The DT would make sense if he really does have long arms and quickness (Poona Ford, anyone?) but aggy being aggy, that 324 is the number that jumps off the page at me. Well, maybe not jumps. More like rolls.

To compare the two, Poona was listed at 6 ft and 285 lbs as a recruit: https://247sports.com/Player/Poona-Ford-27451/high-school-45307/

Hell, he's currently at 310 lbs for the Seahawks: https://247sports.com/Player/Poona-Ford-27451/high-school-45307/

Poona is athletic as hell too. I couldn't find Raikes arm length and wingspan but I doubt it's very similar to Poona's 33 inch arms and 80+ inch wingspan (http://seahawksdraftblog.com/breaking-down-the-draft-class-poona-ford). In conclusion, aggy is full of shit.

Edited by Harry Ellis
  • Like 1

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Perroni let this slip before he committed to Aggy

Hide contents

Brian Perroni 78369

4 hours agovia MobileVIP

It would definitely be interesting if his offer was committable. Jay Graham went by his school in the spring and he announced he had been re-offered by A&M but he’s not a take by most schools he has offers from

Which is hilarious 

😍

41 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

This is the guy Liucci and Brauninger kept saying A&M was “heating up” for. Hell, I think Liucci even said A&M led for him. Meanwhile, all of the ND/tOSU/PSU mods said ND had been leading the whole time.

So EJ is already getting to report that a commit A&M wanted is going elsewhere? The pizza deliver guy strikes again. Fanfuckingtastic. 

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

On the RB

Hide contents

D9NyxFPWsAYQniG.png?format=png&name=origD9Ny0tXX4AErEqp.jpgD9Ny5njXkAAJI9X.pngD9NyuCEXkAEOGh_.jpgD9Nyz-vXoAAd4B-.pngD9Ny7uoXYAAOVuQ.jpg

The outrage at a fan questioning the coaches is so fucking hilarious.

Naziism, the KKK, literally any cult. All of them operate the exact same way. 

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

On the RB

Reveal hidden contents

D9NyxFPWsAYQniG.png?format=png&name=origD9Ny0tXX4AErEqp.jpgD9Ny5njXkAAJI9X.pngD9NyuCEXkAEOGh_.jpgD9Nyz-vXoAAd4B-.pngD9Ny7uoXYAAOVuQ.jpg

God Jimbo + A&M is a beautiful combination.That fan base is going to fucking rip itself to shreads when things don't go well and the Soldaten are going to lash out at everyone from fellow ags to the media.

Edited by Not a Sock

Spoiler

Liucci

In reply to thelaw4 • 4:52p

Staff

AG

thelaw4 said:

This is where he's been predicted to go by numbers for a while, never understood why the mods on here said he wasnt going to ND

He really didn't speak in the most glowing terms about Notre Dame and I'm not sure how much his brother loves it there. That's probably why you got that vibe. Ags had a real shot here but I actually thought Ohio State and Michigan were the real threats until ND really turned it up recently with the hard sell. Perhaps they had him in a bit of slow play mode and then the dynamic changed when they pushed hard. 

A lot of options still on the OL not sure how many are straight tackles like Carmody was.

Liucci

In reply to Legalize-It-Ags • 4:56p

Staff

AG

Legalize-It-Ags said:

Damn. This one and Doyle hurt. Not overly crazy about our additions today either. Raikes is a good solid commit that I really habe ok problems with. But I have a hard time believing the staff took Jacksons commitment with Sam Adams still on the table. Unless they think this kid is playing fullback, we arent getting the "elite" RB we all wanted this year. 

Thats my take though. What do ya'll think?

I would say those commits hurt...a little but they're not devastating OOS losses you can't recover from. Especially since you never had them to begin with. Doyle more so than Carmody, IMO.

Your take on Jackson is ridiculous because the Aggies will gladly take two RBs in this class and if you count Jay Graham out this early you haven't followed the dude for very long. 

As for Raikes, admit it, you don't find the commit exciting enough because he has three stars by his name, right? That's the only reason I can think of when you see this guy play and see how hard the A&M staff recruited him. He'll be four-star soon if it makes you feel any better.

15 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

thelaw4 said:

This is where he's been predicted to go by numbers for a while, never understood why the mods on here said he wasnt going to ND

He really didn't speak in the most glowing terms about Notre Dame and I'm not sure how much his brother loves it there. That's probably why you got that vibe. Ags had a real shot here but I actually thought Ohio State and Michigan were the real threats until ND really turned it up recently with the hard sell. Perhaps they had him in a bit of slow play mode and then the dynamic changed when they pushed hard. 

A lot of options still on the OL not sure how many are straight tackles like Carmody was.

Liucci

Staff

AG

Legalize-It-Ags said:

Damn. This one and Doyle hurt. Not overly crazy about our additions today either. Raikes is a good solid commit that I really habe ok problems with. But I have a hard time believing the staff took Jacksons commitment with Sam Adams still on the table. Unless they think this kid is playing fullback, we arent getting the "elite" RB we all wanted this year. 

I would say those commits hurt...a little but they're not devastating OOS losses you can't recover from. Especially since you never had them to begin with. Doyle more so than Carmody, IMO.

Your take on Jackson is ridiculous because the Aggies will gladly take two RBs in this class and if you count Jay Graham out this early you haven't followed the dude for very long. 

As for Raikes, admit it, you don't find the commit exciting enough because he has three stars by his name, right? That's the only reason I can think of when you see this guy play and see how hard the A&M staff recruited him. He'll be four-star soon if it makes you feel any better.

Initially thought Looch was talking about the Ags commits with the line above. Then realized he's never met an Ag commit he hasn't loved.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Frenzy is delivering the highlights but honestly the entire thread is entertaining to read, and most of it isn't paywalled.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Board/20/Contents/Deondre-Jackson-Texas-AM-commit-Stone-Mountain-Stephenson-132910508/

I like the guy that posts the 11.62 100m and says that shows he's faster than his 4.8

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

He's a poor man's Jacobs and Jimbo is Saban's most feared adversary because their losses are close. 

Except everybody was going after Jacobs because his tape was obviously missed.  Once it got out he had tons of offers to choose from.  I doubt that happens with this guy.

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

thelaw4 said:

Liucci

Staff

AG

Legalize-It-Ags said:

|

RemindMeFeb5.2020

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest on Devon Achan

Brian Perroni

1. I've done a lot of asking around on this and have done my best to put the pieces together on everything. Also, I should give the caveat that is Daniyel Ngata shuts things down this coming weekend (I don't think he does anything this early but A&M is in good shape there), then much of this goes out the window.

-Achane was scheduled to visit A&M a couple of times this past week. Once was supposed to be with Malik Hornsby and Warren Robinson for an unofficial visit Monday and the other was supposed to be for an unofficial visit Thursday when he did not make it on Monday. However, track got in the way of both.

He had been in New Mexico over the weekend for a big track meet and didn't make it back in time to join Hornsby and Robinson. He also had a big track meet in North Carolina this past weekend that he was prepping for, so didn't make the trip on Thursday. Track is very serious to him and these were both big meets - especially the one in North Carolina. He was going to be riding with his coach and others players but had never really committed to either trip. It would have been nice for A&M to get him on campus bit it was not like he just decided he wasn't interested and blew it off or anything.

-At this point, A&M is the only place Achane has ever been. He came for a game this past season. He is not really into the recruiting process and that is a perfect example showing it. Most 4-stars have been all over the place on visits. He just likes playing football and running track. Anything else is a distraction.

-He had told me last month that he had an official set to UNC for this coming weekend. Talking to people, I doubt that happens. I will check later in the week, but it would surprise people if he made the visit. He also told me had a an official set to FSU for Oct. 25. The Seminoles want him and Hornsby both to visit but Taggart didn't want to do spring officials. Marshall has a late bye week, which is that Oct. 25 weekend, so Achane very tentatively set that up. There is talk that that one is unlikely to happen either. A lot of schools will be vying for that same weekend as Fort Bend Marshall is expected to go deep in the playoffs again, so he won't have many free weekends.

-Achane REALLY wants to play running back. He had told me that, but I didn't quite understand the extent of how much he wants to. He likes Texas but they want him as a slot, so that's a big strike there for them. Not many schools have told him running back, but A&M is one of them.

-The feeling around Achane is that he is not likely to go far from home. His mom wants to be able to see him play. He may take visits further, but some folks would be surprised if he ended up a long way away. That is again good news for A&M. Another school that could potentially make a move with both the RB and distance factors is TCU, but the Frogs have not recruited him all that hard. There was speculation that they didn't think they could legitimately be in it.

-Achane is a guy that is a bit unpredictable because he dislikes the process so much. He could randomly commit somewhere tomorrow or he could ignore the whole thing until January or so and neither would surprise me. But, at this point, A&M checks all his boxes and is the only place he's been. The Aggies are in pretty good shape here. I am curious if he eventually decides he is more open to slot than he is currently - of if other schools decide to sell him on being a RB instead - but A&M can point to the fact they've always said RB and it is also close to home

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

ATM basically has a shot at Achane because they are straight up lying to him about being able to handle P5 TB load. 

That works great in regards to getting his signature and helping your class ranking. Problem is now, kids will almost certainly immediately teleport to the portal if you straight up lie to them.

Texas should be sure to finish second there in the event that he transfers.  

A&M readying for its biggest official visit weekend so far

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONI 3 minutes ago

Texas A&M has had a few big official visit weekends in the spring. However, on the final one before the dead period, they are set to host their biggest one so far. The Aggies will have a lot of fall officials, but this coming weekend will go a long way with some highly-ranked prospects.Two of the visitors set to be on campus are current commitments.-The Woodlands College Park offensive guard Josh Bankhead pledged to the Aggies the same day he was offered over a year ago. He has remained rock solid in his commitment and has been a vocal leader of the class. He has also grown close to Roy, which works with them both being in town the same weekend for their officials.-Fort Bend Hightower offensive guard Smart Chibuzo has also been committed to A&M for over a year. However, he has still made other visits and picked up several other offers since making the pledge last June. Earlier this spring, the 6-foot-5, 330-pound lineman said he planned to take other officials. It will be interesting to see if he changes his tone after this coming weekendThose two will be joined by another offensive lineman as well.Clear Creek offensive tackle Chad Lindberg has already used three of his officials, including one to LSU this past weekend. He plans to use the final two before the dead period begins next Monday and one of those will be to A&M. Lindberg is a fan of offensive line coach Josh Henson, so the Aggies have that going in their favor, but it will be tough to keep him from Texas.The defensive line will have a pair of national top-100 visitors as well.

-Cy Ridge defensive end Vernon Broughton has one of his five allotted official visits left and will be using it to trip to A&M this coming weekend. The 6-foot-5, 280-pound defender was at Ohio State this past weekend and LSU the one before that. He has also visited Texas, but it could be Arkansas that is the biggest threat. His trip to Fayetteville went very well and the Hogs have a lot of momentum. Still, A&M had him on campus for a camp two weeks ago and he stayed the night after, so this will be his second trip to Aggieland in a short period. With all his officials out of the way, Broughton plans to make a decision before the end of the summer.

-Baton Rouge (La.) U-High defensive tackle Jaquelin Roy was committed to LSU when he made an unofficial visit to A&M in February that lasted an entire weekend. He was joined on that trip by Joel Williams and Major Burns. The latter made a pledge to the Aggies at the time but has since backed off that and is now committed to LSU. Roy, though, decommitted from his home state school this spring. He is high on A&M but it will be an uphill battle vs. the Tigers, as well as against Alabama.

A&M will be hosting one of the country's top running backs as well.

-Folsom, Calif., all-purpose back Daniyel Ngata is ranked as the No. 48 overall prospect in the country and will be using his first official visit to come to Aggieland. He recently narrowed things to a somewhat-surprising top 7 that was missing some of the traditional West Coast powers. His older brother Joe just signed with Clemson as a wide receiver in the class of 2019 and the younger Ngata has the Tigers in his top group. However, them already having two running back pledges in the class could certainly help A&M.

The other scheduled official visitor is still up in the air and likely won't be sure either way until late in the week.

-St. Louis (Mo.) Lutheran North four-star linebacker Antonio Doyle had listed a top two of A&M and Missouri but had long been considered an Aggie lean. However, he surprised a lot of people by committing to the in-state Tigers on his official visit a little over a week ago. He returned to Columbia on an unofficial visit this past weekend. A&M still wants to get him on campus and his recruitment seems far from over, but will he decide to make his scheduled trip this weekend? If not, will he make one during the season?

There could be another official visitor as well.

-Memphis (Tenn.) Central national top-100 offensive lineman Chris Morris has been to Aggieland more times than probably any other out-of-state prospect in the class. The No. 87 overall prospect has A&M among his top two or three schools and says he might use his official visit this coming weekend. If not, he would use it for a game weekend. Morris will decide later in the week.

The Aggies will get a big unofficial visitor as well.

-Four-star Watson (La.) Live Oak defensive tackle Jalen Lee was offered by A&M during the spring evaluation period. The 6-foot-3, 285-pound defender added a number of big offers around that time and has found himself a wanted man. He has yet to take any officials but says he will be in College Station this coming weekend on an unofficial visit. It will be tough to beat in-state LSU but he does not plan to make a decision for a while