Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

7 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Demond Demas is a five-star and has the most athleticism of any recruit in recent memory

Under normal circumstances, I would dismiss this as an editing oversight that is missing some sort of modifier and should have been written as, "Demond Demas is a five-star and has the most athleticism of any aggie recruit in recent memory" or "of any wide receiver recruit in recent memory." But I'm pretty sure that they meant it as it was written.

I’ve literally never lost a game of scrabble. I would love to play you fuckers. SydneyCarton once told me he was the Scrabble King just after we’d met. It was a grim, grim reckoning. I don’t think he’s ever played since. 

This is in no way a humblebrag. This is a brag.

On 9/9/2019 at 4:03 PM, texasstrong12 said:

Interesting discussion on SECRant and I've noticed this too. They have a lot of talent at WR but they are very inconsistent. I wonder if the offense plays a role in being "lazy"? Who wants to run routes in that pro style offense? 

"Just listened to the hour-long conversation between Looch & Hunter Goodwin. Hunter spent quite a bit of time pointing out examples of lazy-ass or inadequate route running by some of our receivers. He said this a number of times last year, too."

the phrase, "lazy black man", is always on the tips of their tongues so its a win win

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They are rolling the dice bringing in everyone for Bama' game for OV's.  Bama' will jump out toba lead and Jimbo will play not to get blown out like against Clemson.

Advantage aggy. That strategy got them Demas last year. 

3 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
5 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:
What ever became of the  Quantum Leap one where he realizes he’s “retarded” and looks in the mirror and its looch.  
PC’ed away??

I changed phones and it is archived on one of my computers. If I come across it I will post it.

You’re doing God’s work

As long as we’re on the topic of stupid fucking sock accounts and the thread is somewhat derailed, I’d like to take this opportunity to offer up some thoughts. 

After wandering the campus on gameday with the new experience and walking from the softball fields east of 35 and back after the game, as well as eating at Matt’s El Rancho Friday before the LSU game, Carl Winslow and all his stupid fucking socks and their horribly wrongheaded takes on UT women can die in a molten lake of fire. After that, his smoking carcass should be IP banned if it isn’t already. Fuck that guy. 

• Like 5

I love when aggy almost gets there but then misses what they've seen and the veil goes back down over the eyes ... 

So-Many-WRs.png

It's almost like both coaches took extra WRs because they are the most-over rated position group in recruiting rankings and that adding a couple each year gives you a nice bump. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

As long as we’re on the topic of stupid fucking sock accounts and the thread is somewhat derailed, I’d like to take this opportunity to offer up some thoughts. 

After wandering the campus on gameday with the new experience and walking from the softball fields east of 35 and back after the game, as well as eating at Matt’s El Rancho Friday before the LSU game, Carl Winslow and all his stupid fucking socks and their horribly wrongheaded takes on UT women can die in a molten lake of fire. After that, his smoking carcass should be IP banned if it isn’t already. Fuck that guy. 

Now we know why Sydney didn't show up for the big CTJ race last weekend:

source.gif

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I love when aggy almost gets there but then misses what they've seen and the veil goes back down over the eyes ... 

So-Many-WRs.png

It's almost like both coaches took extra WRs because they are the most-over rated position group in recruiting rankings and that adding a couple each year gives you a nice bump. 

I got curious to see how many of the top 20 recruiting schools since 2010 have taken 6+ OL and how often, and how the bottom two guys of those classes rated (none have pulled off what Texas will do if Texas gets who they want, and James Brockermeyer gets until the low .93 range), and came across FSU (keep in mind, 2010 was his first recruiting class as head coach, but he was involved before that as OC and basically running the team like Muschamp was for Mack):

2010: 1

2011: 9

2012: 2

2013: 4

2014: 8

2015: 3

2016: 6

2017: 1 (at FSU) 5 (at A&M)

2018: 4 (at A&M)

2019: 3 (at A&M)

Across ten seasons for about 20 teams, most teams hardly ever take more than five, and when they do, it's six every once in awhile. Most will rotate between four and five, with a three or a six mixed in. Jimbo had a fucking eight and nine, and a two and a one. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

I got curious to see how many of the top 20 recruiting schools since 2010 have taken 6+ OL and how often, and how the bottom two guys of those classes rated (none have pulled off what Texas will do if Texas gets who they want, and James Brockermeyer gets until the low .93 range), and came across FSU (keep in mind, 2010 was his first recruiting class as head coach, but he was involved before that as OC and basically running the team like Muschamp was for Mack):

Across ten seasons for about 20 teams, most teams hardly ever take more than five, and when they do, it's six every once in awhile. Most will rotate between four and five, with a three or a six mixed in. Jimbo had a fucking eight and nine, and a two and a one. 

OldfashionedOpenBoto-size_restricted.gif

38 minutes ago, Fud said:

Sumlin:  Hold my beer, and pass the wide receivers

Edited by Katfid54

39 minutes ago, Fud said:

I had to reread this whole post in order to ensure that I understood what I was reading. 9 fucking OLs in a single class? 8 in another? And FSU's OLs still sucked? Holy shit. How the fuck do even convince 9 guys in a single unit to sign together? I don't care if 4 of them were 2 star hobos. It seems like it is almost an amazing feat.

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

Jimbo's roster mgmt was fucking atrocious at FSU. His 2017 team headed into the spring with 5 WRs and 5 TEs on scholarship. 

I'm pretty sure that was the same year that he had signed 4 RBs in a single class. 

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Jimbo's roster mgmt was fucking atrocious at FSU. His 2017 team headed into the spring with 5 WRs and 5 TEs on scholarship. 

I'm pretty sure that was the same year that he had signed 4 RBs in a single class. 

Jimbo allocates roster spots like NFL GMs taking "best player available" in any given draft.

Unfortunately, Jimbo, there's no free agency in the NCAA.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I had to reread this whole post in order to ensure that I understood what I was reading. 9 fucking OLs in a single class? 8 in another? And FSU's OLs still sucked? Holy shit. How the fuck do even convince 9 guys in a single unit to sign together? I don't care if 4 of them were 2 star hobos. It seems like it is almost an amazing feat.

Real. Recruiting. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I'm somewhat intrigued to see an explanation from Jimbo on how he evaluates offensive lineman. He's taking the same approach at A&M as he did at FSU. Guard heavy with no tackles. 

Like.......is this his strategy or is he really that bad at identifying tackles?  

10 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Like.......is this his strategy or is he really that bad at identifying tackles?  

I'm told it's strategy and goes back to the time when Candi decided she prefers shorter, beefier 19 year olds. Perhaps surprisingly to some, she also places a low value on footwork.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm somewhat intrigued to see an explanation from Jimbo on how he evaluates offensive lineman. He's taking the same approach at A&M as he did at FSU. Guard heavy with no tackles. 

Tackles are a premium.  Guards not as much.  He's a volume recruiter with a small mixture of elite talent (see J. Winston).  Guards show up on your recruiting rankings as "OL" as so tackles - giving him an out to the volume of recruits taken on the line.

He probably also thinks he can move guards into tackle spots as he's moved tackles to guards.  The hit-rate across the OL has lower percentages than many other positions as well.  He's throwing as much against the wall as he can.  A dynamic QB and electric RB can help mitigate these deficiencies - problem is, ags have neither.

So, as usual with his recruiting....

c48ed4ee395660c859c9ef6e461609974e72a766

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

It's a strategy. It's actually at the very core of how he coaches. Jimbo's ideal is to slow the game down and limit the total number of possessions by both teams. In his dream scenario he'd limit the total numbers and wear you down with size (hence Fatball, all OGs recruiting). He recruited at FSU specifically for this exact offense and then runs at absolute snails pace - he actually ran the offense slower over his years at FSU than the service academies. He also goes for on it on 4th at incredibly conservative levels. (the 2 punts from the Miami 37 yard line will live forever in my mind as the most gutless fucking thing I've ever seen). 

The Clemson game and it's playing not to lose big is classic Jimbo Fisher. 

from his time at FSU ::

https://www.tomahawknation.com/florida-state-football-fsu-noles/2017/10/10/16448038/jimbo-fisher-4th-down-fourth-punt-tempo-pace

Florida State is one of the most plodding offenses in the nation, and has been throughout Fisher’s tenure, not just this year with a true freshman QB.
It operates the offense at a pace similar to that of a triple-option service academy, ranking 121st nationally this season. Fisher doubles as FSU's offensive coordinator, and the ’Noles routinely struggle to get plays called quickly. That means the Seminoles do not get many possessions.

This makes it imperative for FSU to maximize each possession.

But while the service academies seem to understand this and go for fourth downs frequently, Fisher is combining the worst of both worlds — giving away possessions by not using all four downs, while minimizing the number of possessions by playing at an extremely slow pace.

Screen_Shot_2017_10_09_at_2.26.50_PM.png

• Like 2

I laughed out loud at “2 star hobos” - mostly because I was one.

52 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That Flordia DE that reclassified that they think they're getting, Donnell Harris, is visiting LSU this weekend.

A&M can win bidding wars in Texas and in the North East, but they're one of about a dozen, and probably at the back of the pack, for auction prospects in the deep southeast and Florida 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

A&M can win bidding wars in Texas and in the North East, but they're one of about a dozen, and probably at the back of the pack, for auction prospects in the deep southeast and Florida 

Outside of the fact many schools have filled up at this kid's position, isn't he basically a year younger in his physical development as well? In other words, this isn't a course correction for failing like 6th grade a few years back, right? Because if he just sped the process up, there's a legit case to be made that he's shaving a year off his ability to contribute at the college level effectively. IF that is the case, who's going to get in a bidding way for this kid other than aTm? It's almost like he'd have to have development years as opposed to the standard redshirt before the clock starts.