Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

27 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

This smells like manufactured drama to get everyone all riled up about it potentially Demas, only to find out its the jag receiver or a safety. Neither of which are need positions.

WTF?  

You sir need to go play pool volleyball for a couple of hours and get slapped in the head so you can realize all Surly is true and unadulterated. 

On 9/9/2019 at 5:56 PM, Neonmoon said:

Auburn struggled with Tulane. 

Kind of off topic and not sure where to put this. If Texas ever needs a defensive coordinator I hope we give a look to Tulane's DC (Jack Curtis). He was in the mix for Oklahoma State's DC job recently but he's the truth. 

The amount of NFL talent he's been producing at Tulane and Georgia Southern is kind of incredible. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, markstanco said:

What is amazing is they really think that in 2021 they will win the national championship. With nick saban as the coach of alabama and mond as their QB.

Absolutely astonishing.

Well yeah, they beat LSU last year so they will win that game from here until eternity.  t.u. smoked UGA so that’s a garuanteed win. And they are due for one against Bama.  Put your money down, never been so sure of something in their lives.  Stupid to think otherwise, just ask Looch.  And the amount of talent they’ve been stacking in top half of the 44. Shit, kinda makes you feel sad for the asswhipping the SEC is going to take in ‘21. 

Edited by fattyflattie

43 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

He tells them they are one year away every year. And they believe him EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Sheeet, they don’t just believe him. They ameliorate his already baseless and absurd claims. Example, Loochi pointed towards 2021 as “the year” early on, right? Then those dumbfucks ran with that, and now it’s 2020 as a playoff and beat bama year. The dude lights a match and those dumb fucks grab it and run into a dynamite factory, without fail. And when the delusions explode, the masses have already turned on Fran/Sherman/sumlin/etc so they’re too busy castigating that target to pay any attention to Loochi in the background Case McCoying the fucking rubble. 

He really does have the best business model around. Give the Aggies credit, while science is lagging behind, those sheep fucking retards have mastered a perpetual motion engine. But in typical Aggie fashion it does nothing for the rest of humanity. Well, that’s not entirely true, it is amusing in spurts I guess. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sheeet, they don’t just believe him. They ameliorate his already baseless and absurd claims. Example, Loochi pointed towards 2021 as “the year” early on, right? Then those dumbfucks ran with that, and now it’s 2020 as a playoff and beat bama year. The dude lights a match and those dumb fucks grab it and run into a dynamite factory, without fail. And when the delusions explode, the masses have already turned on Fran/Sherman/sumlin/etc so they’re too busy castigating that target to pay any attention to Loochi in the background Case McCoying the fucking rubble. 

He really does have the best business model around. Give the Aggies credit, while science is lagging behind, those sheep fucking retards have mastered a perpetual motion engine. But in typical Aggie fashion it does nothing for the rest of humanity. Well, that’s not entirely true, it is amusing in spurts I guess. 

Keeping thousands of Aggies occupied is a net benefit for society and wildlife.

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

Somebody could theoretically, but they're never going to be smart enough to hire that guy

The rub?  Had they stayed in the Big12, with Manziel, it's not entirely implausible that they play for a MNC that first year he started.  They keep kicking themselves in the face year after year.   

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

The rub?  Had they stayed in the Big12, with Manziel, it's not entirely implausible that they play for a MNC that first year he started.  They keep kicking themselves in the face year after year.   

No, their defense was getting shredded by SEC offenses that year. They would have lost 1-2 shootouts in the B12. 

1 minute ago, EZ$ said:

No, their defense was getting shredded by SEC offenses that year. They would have lost 1-2 shootouts in the B12. 

Maybe?  Probably.  But their defense that year was "ok".  Not awful.  Their offense, on the other hand, was almost impossible to stop (especially towards the end of the season - see what they did to OU in the bowl game)

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Maybe?  Probably.  But their defense that year was "ok".  Not awful.  Their offense, on the other hand, was almost impossible to stop (especially towards the end of the season - see what they did to OU in the bowl game)

Their defense gave up 57 to La Tech.  It was okay against the run, run pass offenses of the SEC.  It got butt fucked by the two spread teams they played in the regular season -- La Tech and the Ole Miss team our average team beat the shit out of by 35 points in Oxford.

And no, they don't make the BCS title game had they stayed in the Big 12 and run the table.  Because then Alabama and Notre Dame are both undefeated.  And there is no fucking way they get in over those two undefeated blue bloods.

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Because then Alabama and Notre Dame are both undefeated.  And there is no fucking way they get in over those two undefeated blue bloods.

This is correct.  They may have very well gone to a big bowl though, which is more than what they have done in decades.  Flip side is Manziel doesn’t have his fumblefuck touchdown heisman moment against Bama and he doesn’t bring home the only piece of hardware they’ve had since fuck I don’t even know. 

Demas going to Aggie and living in that shithole while catching 25 passes a year from the crap they have coming in at QB and getting beat up by SEC defenses when he could come to live in the best city in America while catching 60 passes a year is just about the most Aggie thing ever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

If we can't win a championship with Jimbo, we never will. Weirdly true, but not in the way they think.

Hide contents

EEqsnhIWsAIcfG8?format=jpg&name=smallEEqsoMhXoAIitzC?format=jpg&name=smallEEqsosoW4AUDJJ6?format=png&name=360x360EErJd5lXoAQZoVk?format=jpg&name=900x900

Clemson would go 11-1 or better against Alabama's schedule.

Duke, New Mexico State, Southern Missisippi, and Western Carolina.

Some really tough teams Bama is playing, on top of playing Tennessee and South Carolina from the East.

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Only Saban is better?  LOL.  I'd argue there are THREE coaches in the Bi12 alone that are better:  Herman, Gundy, & Riley (and arguably that fat turd @ TCU)

I've got six who are better in my opinion. And that is before we let Chris Klieman at KSU get his legs under him, but his early returns seem promising. 

Herman, Riley, Gundy, Patterson, Miles, and Campbell.

NSIAP but here's the update on the OV list for the Auburn game. 1 out of 4 isn't so bad. 

via Hamm Lite: 

The scheduled official visitors this coming weekend

There are four guys who, at one point, have said they've scheduled them for this coming weekend. But I don't believe two of those will be there.

We still need to confirm but I don't expect Jacobe Covington to be there. The 4-star DB fron Arizona committed to Washington after he planned the A&M official. Washington does not allow their commits to take visits elsewhere. Though listed as a CB, he's also more likely a S at the next level and the Aggies SHOULD be getting good news there on Saturday when Antonio Johnson announces.

The other one I don't expect to make the trip is OL Aaryn Parks, who is teammates with A&M commit Joshuah Moten. He doesn't have an Aggie offer and he is also announcing on Thursday. I expect it to be Oklahoma and I don't think he will leave for an official visit elsewhere the next day.

A&M will have five-star Marietta, Ga., TE Arik Gilbert on campus for an official. DT commit Isaiah Raikes had said at one point this would be his official visit weekend, but his team plans on Saturday, so that will not happen. He's solid to the Aggies and has a Friday night game the Alabama weekend, so he could reschedule for then.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Clemson would go 11-1 or better against Alabama's schedule.

Duke, New Mexico State, Southern Missisippi, and Western Carolina.

Some really tough teams Bama is playing, on top of playing Tennessee and South Carolina from the East.

The whole SEC-schedule is marketing bullshit.  League is top-heavy (as the old Big10 was).  AL, LSU, and maybe GA are good teams.  Everyone is is stale bread and artificially ranked higher than they should be; giving their schedule the sugar-high of overrated, ranked teams.  

See Auburn/Agy this weekend.  Two turds in the punch bowl fighting it out...neither of which will be ranked by seasons end.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I've got six who are better in my opinion. And that is before we let Chris Klieman at KSU get his legs under him, but his early returns seem promising. 

You aren't going to convince them that someone who hasn't won a national championship is better than someone who has, but even among NC winning coaches it would be ridiculous to put Jimbo above Dabo or Urban.

10 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

The whole SEC-schedule is marketing bullshit.  League is top-heavy (as the old Big10 was).  AL, LSU, and maybe GA are good teams.  Everyone is is stale bread and artificially ranked higher than they should be; giving their schedule the sugar-high of overrated, ranked teams.  

See Auburn/Agy this weekend.  Two turds in the punch bowl fighting it out...neither of which will be ranked by seasons end.

Auburn/aggy sets up the roller coaster perfectly though. If aggy manages a win over a "ranked" SEC foe, that sends the Jimbo coaster to the pinnacle. 

21 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Take Miles off the list. For me, Jimbo and Les are exactly the same. They both won a championship despite themselves. Throw Gene Chizik in there and you've got 3 of the same guy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I'd call Miles a push. He's a better recruiter, and less likely to suffer from defections or just flat out losing the team, but he's also a moron with a streak of crazy. Probably perfect for Kansas, though, but at aggy, there wouldn't be anything to mitigate his odd decisions. Where he is, there's a certain practicality to everything around him being boring that doesn't play to the worst parts of his persona. Jimbo, of course, caught lightning in a bottle once, and now aggy thinks he's a power plant.

Edit:  I had that all typed up, and then walked away from my computer -- Ricky's one-hitter said it better and sooner. Miles, Jimbo, and Chizik are peas in a pod.

Edited by Walden Ponderer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'd call Miles a push. He's a better recruiter, and less likely to suffer from defections or just flat out losing the team, but he's also a moron with a streak of crazy. Probably perfect for Kansas, though, but at aggy, there wouldn't be anything to mitigate his odd decisions. Where he is, there's a certain practicality to everything around him being boring that doesn't play to the worst parts of his persona. Jimbo, of course, caught lightning in a bottle once, and now aggy thinks he's a power plant.

Edit:  I had that all typed up, and then walked away from my computer -- Ricky's one-hitter said it better and sooner. Miles, Jimbo, and Chizik are peas in a pod.

If Les Miles ate the grass on kyle field, aggy would build a statue on the 50 yard line

Aggy’s OL is hot garbage and Auburn has one of the best DL in the country.  Can Mahlazn establish a run game against aggys 4 DT DL that Elko likes to play is the question.  This game will be a 17-14 type of game I think with Auburn winning if I had to put money on it.  

Edited by victory88

4 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Aggy’s OL is hot garbage and Auburn has one of the best DL in the country.  Can Mahlazn establish a run game against aggys 4 DT DL that Elko likes to play is the question.  This game will be a 17-14 type of game I think with Auburn winning if I had to put money on it.  

Good bet for a couple of Mond turnovers as well.  Interception, fumble, or a sack-fumble is definitely likely to happen.

57 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Problem is that Auburn and Florida won against Oregon and Miami and inflated their stature despite miami being trash and Oregon probably being overrated. Thus every game involving Florida and Auburn result in the opposing team getting a huge bump if they win and little to no drop when they lose. 

In the end, the entire shitty conference wannabes are propped up higher than they should be. 

Then bowl season comes around and they have a losing record. 

Next season begins and it's rinse and repeat. 

Just now, Butch Had Not said:

Problem is that Auburn and Florida won against Oregon and Miami and inflated their stature despite miami being trash and Oregon probably being overrated. Thus every game involving Florida and Auburn result in the opposing team getting a huge bump if they win and little to no drop when they lose. 

In the end, the entire shitty conference wannabes are propped up higher than they should be. 

Then bowl season comes around and they have a losing record. 

Next season begins and it's rinse and repeat. 

The way to stop this: Break the Bama/Clemson duopoly. Beat the secondary SEC team if they make the Playoff. It felt like we might be free after tOSU v Oregon, but it unfortunately snapped back even worse.

2 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Can we get back to recruiting? Tell me how many guards and safeties dumbo is gonna recruit?

a) Considering the clusterfuck that is the Tell Me About Texas A&M thread on the Football board, this is actually the only place to talk about aggy football as well as recruiting.

b) too many

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The way to stop this: Break the Bama/Clemson duopoly. Beat the secondary SEC team if they make the Playoff. It felt like we might be free after tOSU v Oregon, but it unfortunately snapped back even worse.

I do think Nick Saban retires after his next title, or in the next 3 years. Alabama is the only job Dabo would leave Clemson for, but idk that he would actually go. Either way, one of those teams will falter under new leadership. Best case scenario would be teams like Miami, FSU, and Georgia Tech making the ACC interesting as Saban retires. Clemson comes back to the pack and Alabama struggles under a new regime. Bada bing, bada boom. 

In reality, SEC 2 will be LSU. They may actually win the SEC this year. It would be terrific if Joe Brady would go back to the NFL. Maybe Lincoln Riley will hire him in Dallas. Georgia is setup to contend with a long term coaching solution, but I don't believe in their offensive philosophy at all as it tries to exploit matchups in design and not principle. If they had no impact rbs, they wouldn't win the east regardless of how talented the roster is.