Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Liucci: I don't believe that Texas A&M is a bad football team. I also know they're not yet a good team

They're not a bad team. They're not a good team. He is such a subtle fellow. A poet as much as a sports expert.

Billy also puts lot of stock into Jimbo saying that they're going to examine things and ask tough questions after the loss. It's something Billy has never heard before. Billy is impressed that a natty-winning coach can come up with such a brilliant approach. Even an expert like Billy can learn a few things from Jimbo Fisher. Don't get me wrong, Billy knows things. Billy knows lots of things. But Jimbo is the master.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Yes it is.  They suck something terrible.  And the one compliment you can make about Jimbo as a coach is that he's not going to lose to the shit teams on the schedule.

Arkansas sucks ass but they always get up for the A&M game. It's a rivalry game for them. Even last year Arkansas was shit and had a chance to win that game.

A&M is obviously the heavy favorite (see the betting line) but it wouldn't be a total shocker if Arkansas won this. They need Kellen Mond to play like he normally does away from Kyle Field. 

Arkansas has skill talent but nothing on either line and literally ass my dude at QB.  They got pushed around by San Jesus Jose State U.  They will be completely unable to move the ball on offense and will be the sudden cure for Jimbos anemic rushing game.   45-7 or something.  Whoop.  Aggregate Chad is in way over his head.   

Edited by ClubWhatever

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

45-7 or something.  

A&M hasn't scored a TD in the first 3 quarters this year against P5 teams. All their TDs have been in garbage time against Auburn and Clemson when the game was already over. 

I know Arkansas sucks but I would be surprised if aggy can score 45 on any D1 team at this point. Granted, Starkel might throw 5 interceptions in this game so who knows. 

Edited by texasstrong12

25 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Why is assmydude playing QB? Didn’t Morris bring his starter, Hicks over from SMU? He was a pretty solid QB while at SMU. 

Aggy is going to roll Arkansas. Portland St almost beat Arkansas. 

I thought Hicks was horrible when I watched him at SMU

A&M struggles at times against mobile QBs/misdirection. Arkansas is probably better off just putting an athlete at QB and running some wildcat type stuff. 

aggys DL is going to abuse Arkansas in pass pro and their QBs suck. Seems like the Auburn gameplan is the best route to victory. Keep it conservative, don't let your QB fuck things up, and minimize big plays for the defense (sacks/turnovers). 

Granted, that strategy makes more sense with an elite defense like Auburn. 

Edited by texasstrong12

aggy has to win this weekend. That is the way the heavens intended for the rollercoaster to work. They will roll Arky by 3 td's and then beat their chest and talk about how great the team responded to Jimbo's natty level motivational techniques. Then they will proceed to shit the bed again in the coming week's. The story is already written.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

remember when chad/smu beat herman/uofh and shocked everyone?  chad has it in him to pull off a crazy ass upset.  i think aggy is prime for an upset.  

starkel and aggy chad are looking to write redemption stories.

Given the way their game went this weekend, I bet Arkansas spent most of last week preparing for A&M 

3 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

A&M hasn't scored a TD in the first 3 quarters this year against P5 teams. All their TDs have been in garbage time against Auburn and Clemson when the game was already over. 

I know Arkansas sucks but I would be surprised if aggy can score 45 on any D1 team at this point. Granted, Starkel might throw 5 interceptions in this game so who knows. 

The problem is where you consider Arkansas a P5 team in your analysis. Hell, it might be a mistake to consider them D1.

• Like 2

Yeah, but Rakeem Boyd would probably be the best RB on aggys roster. Especially with Corbin injured. aggy didn't get rid of Boyd because he couldn't play it's because he didn't want to play school. 

The best chance for Arkansas to win this game is probably to give Boyd 30 carries. 

Edited by texasstrong12

2 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

aggy has to win this weekend. That is the way the heavens intended for the rollercoaster to work. They will roll Arky by 3 td's and then beat their chest and talk about how great the team responded to Jimbo's natty level motivational techniques. Then they will proceed to shit the bed again in the coming week's. The story is already written.

8827da37c9683af303a590350ae515be.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Biggest difference I see between our oos recruiting vs. aggie, they are getting kids who are making decisions based on mercenary coaches vs being a culture fit. If they continue to post 7/8-4/5 records, the fireworks will be amazing. Slo'neal walking off the field as a self-proclaimed in state pied-piper is the tip of the iceberg. 

18 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Biggest difference I see between our oos recruiting vs. aggie, they are getting kids who are making decisions based on mercenary coaches vs being a culture fit. If they continue to post 7/8-4/5 records, the fireworks will be amazing. Slo'neal walking off the field as a self-proclaimed in state pied-piper is the tip of the iceberg. 

They’re also taking guys who were passed on by almost all the good schools in that region.  You see a lot of guys who were rated high after their sophomore year but consistently drop in the rankings all the way up to NSD.  Jimbo’s taken a lot of guys who basically drop as far as they can without falling from 4 star to 3 star because rating services don’t like taking a star off of a guy they’ve had labeled as a 4 star for two years.

If/when Elko leaves, their defensive attrition rate is likely to be extremely high.  

It's a good texags show today to just jump around on. 

-  Very little spin (well, until Chin Pubes comes in). Saying they got outcoached and outplayed. 

- Kevin Sumlin was unprofessional and classless with his tweet (sounded like Olin was about to unleash his inner white supremist) 

- aggy should sue tay yew for Bevo shitting in an aggy logo bucket

- Have to accept that New Army won't stay the whole game, because it's too hot

- When a Texter complains about the officiating, Looch says "every team complains about the refs -- well, except Texas and Alabama fans" 

- and of course, there was recruiting talk, but nothing about Omeire. Lol

Looch comes in at the 53:00 mark

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/uGyTTCVHTbw/0122256-uocz.mp3

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Posted on OBs

Just talked to an aggy co-worker who is a season ticket holder and hardcore fan. he said he was at their tailgate after the game and Baylor Cupp's brother was there. He was suppose to meet up with Baylor after the game to go eat, but was canceled because there was a fist fight in the locker room between players and Jimbo wouldn't let them leave.

tenor.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I believe I’d like for Evans to choose LSU over aggy. 

I'd rather see the unprecedented meltdown that will result from the failed promise of Demas, Evans and what other recalcitrants aggy can bundle into a single lump of fail. What a glorious sight it will be when the struggle bus careens off the flaming railroad trestle. And in CS Evans is totally harmless, because nothing that team does will affect us on the field. 

15 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

It's a good texags show today to just jump around on. 

-  Very little spin (well, until Chin Pubes comes in). Saying they got outcoached and outplayed. 

- Kevin Sumlin was unprofessional and classless with his tweet (sounded like Olin was about to unleash his inner white supremist) 

- aggy should sue tay yew for Bevo shitting in an aggy logo bucket

- Have to accept that New Army won't stay the whole game, because it's too hot

- When a Texter complains about the officiating, Looch says "every team complains about the refs -- well, except Texas and Alabama fans" 

- and of course, there was recruiting talk, but nothing about Omeire. Lol

Looch comes in at the 53:00 mark

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/uGyTTCVHTbw/0122256-uocz.mp3

Was "uppity" used at any point?

13 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

They're not a bad team. They're not a good team. He is such a subtle fellow. A poet as much as a sports expert.

Billy also puts lot of stock into Jimbo saying that they're going to examine things and ask tough questions after the loss. It's something Billy has never heard before. Billy is impressed that a natty-winning coach can come up with such a brilliant approach. Even an expert like Billy can learn a few things from Jimbo Fisher. Don't get me wrong, Billy knows things. Billy knows lots of things. But Jimbo is the master.

If Candi isn't there to ask the hard questions, this strategy is doomed to failure.  

3 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I'd rather see the unprecedented meltdown that will result from the failed promise of Demas, Evans and what other recalcitrants aggy can bundle into a single lump of fail. What a glorious sight it will be when the struggle bus careens off the flaming railroad trestle. And in CS Evans is totally harmless, because nothing that team does will affect us on the field. 

Evans is really the perfect match for that powder keg.

Even without the rumor about their locker room fight, I was wondering about Jimbo and his team. The real competitors must have chafed with the way the Clemson game ended. They must have been bitter after Auburn because nothing the staff cooked up actually worked. They know better than to feel good about the hopeless effort at the end of the game.

With all that adversity, throw in the fact that you never read of anyone loving Jimbo. He's never had to raise a program from mediocrity, his main experience is reducing a team to mediocrity.

I think the Aggie locker room is an unhappy place. Jimbo may get all the attrition he needs to recruit a full class, but he may lose the wrong players. Aggie demeanor at the start of the Arkansas game will be interesting to watch.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Even without the rumor about their locker room fight, I was wondering about Jimbo and his team. The real competitors must have chafed with the way the Clemson game ended. They must have been bitter after Auburn because nothing the staff cooked up actually worked. They know better than to feel good about the hopeless effort at the end of the game.

With all that adversity, throw in the fact that you never read of anyone loving Jimbo. He's never had to raise a program from mediocrity, his main experience is reducing a team to mediocrity.

I think the Aggie locker room is an unhappy place. Jimbo may get all the attrition he needs to recruit a full class, but he may lose the wrong players. Aggie demeanor at the start of the Arkansas game will be interesting to watch.

The staff really didn’t cook up anything at all. Fisher ran the same old offense he’s always run, even though it doesn’t fit their personnel.

The fact that he refuses to utilize Mond in the running game more is crazy to me. Mond’s a great runner, he’s inaccurate, and has a shitty OL that can’t get anything going for the RBs or effectively pass block in Jimbo’s dropback offense. Running the QB is the one thing that could mitigate almost all those issues, yet Jimbo’s not doing it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

The staff really didn’t cook up anything at all. Fisher ran the same old offense he’s always run, even though it doesn’t fit their personnel.

The fact that he refuses to utilize Mond in the running game more is crazy to me. Mond’s a great runner, he’s inaccurate, and has a shitty OL that can’t get anything going for the RBs or effectively pass block in Jimbo’s dropback offense. Running the QB is the one thing that could mitigate almost all those issues, yet Jimbo’s not doing it. 

Yeah. They should run a lot of plays to the left that involve pulling. The right side of the line does nothing where it is, moving them around can only help. Unless they fall on the skill guys, blow up plays, and injure teammates. OK nevermind.

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

12:20p 

Staff

- Overall, the vibe we're getting on the recruiting front is rather positive after the weekend. Obviously, I'm sure the coaching and recruiting staff would have liked a little bit better performance on the field, but the recruits and families in attendance had good things to say. 

- It certainly helps when you've got Demond Demas leading the way. Demas is as important a piece as anyone during these weekends. He continues to work on Zach Evans everyday, and it sounds like his persistence is working. I've been told Zach's as comfortable at Texas A&M as he is anywhere. He appreciates how honest the staff has been with him throughout the entire process. A&M is building a roster full of guys he's familiar with, as well, and I heard he spent quite a bit of time chatting with 2021 QB Eli Stowers. Keep in mind that 2021 teammate Shadrach Banks being committed as well as his 2021 North Shore QB Dematrius Davis being a big target has only helped A&M, too. I've always been cautious/hesitant about calling the Aggies the leader for Evans, and I still believe there are some ups and downs still to go. However, based off what I've been told, I'm higher on A&M's chances now than I've ever ever been. I believe Evans will return to action for North Shore either this week or next. 

- I spoke with 2021 OL targets Reuben Fatheree and Bryce Foster. Both guys got a chance to speak with Josh Henson, and they both said Henson relayed a similar message of how big of a deal it is to Henson and the rest of the staff that they get kids with their talents to A&M. There's no doubt that the Aggies need to load up with tackles in 2021. Fatheree told me that he and Henson spoke about that and how his stature coupled with his athleticism is just what they need. I've also been told Reuben is looking into enrolling early so they inquired with A&M about how they go about doing that with their prospects. Fatheree said they'd likely be back for the Alabama game. 

- I'll stay at OL to reinforce what I posted yesterday about Arkansas commit Ty'Kieast Crawford. There's a legit chance the Aggies can pull off a flip here. Between what Crawford told Howell directly (having a top 5 while committed) and then what Looch and I have heard from sources, A&M could wrangle one of the best in Texas away from the Hogs. I've seen people speculate about Crawford's academic standings, but I'm always weary of reporting on that in September. Arkansas will do whatever they can to hang on with Jeff Traylor and his heavy ties in east Texas. 

- The turmoil in Ann Arbor isn't hurting A&M's chances with Jordan Morant. Unfortunately, you could probably say that about all the other schools that are making their push as everyone smells blood in the water here. Like I've said before, it'll be interesting to see where else he visits, and what those classes currently look like. A&M staying at the forefront through the connections of Mike Elko, Elijah Robinson, and Ish Aristide in the area. 

- Howell will be all over new 2021 CB offer Deuce Harmon, but I've heard after an impressive camp performance over the summer and a really nice start to his junior season at Denton Guyer, Harmon has vaulted to one A&M's premier targets in the defensive backfield in 2021. Based on what I've been able to gather, it feels like the front line 2021 corners are a combination of Harmon, fellow DFW prospect Ishmael Ibraheem, and nationally elite cover man Tony Grimes out of Virginia. 

- I mentioned it over the weekend, but I had it relayed again to me today that A&M looks to be in a good spot for 2021 Desoto DE Shemar Turner. He's another kid who came to camp and really put on a show this summer. 

- Lastly, Devon Achane did not make the trip this weekend. Unfortunate sure, but I think his value is increasing for A&M weekly. When he does return to campus this season, he will undoubtedly meet with Aggie track and field once again. LSU is starting to dial up their pressure too from what I heard Friday night in Missouri City.

Zach Evans got a couple Rivals forecasts to A&M today, including one from Sam Spiegelman.
After watching that exciting Auburn game at Kyle, who wouldn't be in$pired to play for Jimbo'$ aggie$?

The offen$ive line ju$t dominated, and we know that ha$ been a clear priority for him throughout the proce$$.

Really make$ complete $en$e when you think about it.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

After watching that exciting Auburn game at Kyle, who wouldn't be in$pired to play for Jimbo'$ aggie$?

The offen$ive line ju$t dominated, and we know that ha$ been a clear priority for him throughout the proce$$.

Really make$ complete $en$e when you think about it.

Screw the money, I think the locker room fistfight made him feel like he was back home at North Shore. Only difference was that he wasn't the one instigating it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Has anyone pointed out already that the Jimbo quote that Luigi published (We're going to go through everything going on with the team and make the necessary adjustments blah blah blah) was 100 percent plagiarized from something Mack Brown said on multiple occasions? 

58 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

My guess is Jimbo saw Mond get knocked around against Texas State, and then limping against Clemson, and realized he needs Mond to beat Miss St, Ole Miss, and South Carolina, and decided to run him less