Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

3 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

The difference is that our death spiral had a fairly easy solution: get the right coach. Other than that, our schedule is not terribly difficult, and we do not have a lot of competition for top recruits in Texas. Once we fixed the coaching problem, everything fell into place.

By contrast, I don't see aggy climbing out of this hole without changing conferences. They are always going to have several guaranteed losses in the SEC. 

Well, in the Big 12, Texas and OU are more talented teams than aggy. In the SEC west, only Bama and LSU are perennially more talented than aggy, and Georgia is the only east team more talented. So that part isn’t much different. I really think there are more weekly threats in the Big 12. And we play them all.

There’s a reason aggy’s winning percentage hasn’t really changed. The problem is aggy. 

• Like 3

Kellen Mond is solid, and in most conferences not called the SEC, might be enough to get you a division championship and the ability to play for a conference championship.

Must be smokin' something really good. Mond is in no way good enough to get to the Big 12 championship, the ACC championship, or the B1G championship. Maybe, maybe the PAC. Maybe.

Meanwhile, Tua and Burrow are the only two SEC QBs worth warm spit. Fromm? Please. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Honk honk, mercenary attrition bus coming through

EFQagyGXUAYms2W?format=jpg&name=medium

I think that would be their sixth non-grad transfer from their transition class. Texas had one (Carter), and that's with an extra year of time for attrition to happen. 

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It'll be a real shame when these articles somehow find their way into recruits' DMs

(NOT FROM FANS NEVER TWEET AT RECRUITS)

Jimbo's in trouble (well not really because $75M no matter what. lulz) unless he can muster up a transfer in the next two years. Foster's leaving and Calzada, Blumrick, and even Haynes King aren't the kind of talents Jimbo will need to overcome the rest of his roster, especially the OL, and his archaic system. He might get to 10 wins next year due to an easy schedule, but he's headed for a bunch of 7-9 win regular season for the foreseeable future while coming in second in most in-state recruiting battles. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

I think that would be their sixth non-grad transfer from their transition class. Texas had one (Carter), and that's with an extra year of time for attrition to happen. 

differences between kids who want to go to a school vs kids who were in$pired to go to a school.  as others stated above, mercenaries have no allegiances. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

It'll be a real shame when these articles somehow find their way into recruits' DMs

(NOT FROM FANS NEVER TWEET AT RECRUITS)

Look, let's be honest. There is only one other school that has attempted a similar gambit and we know that it ended up better than anyone could have imagined. I for one, applaud the 10 year guaranteed contract.

weis.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fud said:

I am waiting for 247, Espn and Rivals to act on the aggy petition to retroactively lower their class ranking for that class. Any day now, right?

Also wasn't it just 6 months ago that Foster was their oncoming world crusher. It's getting difficult (but fun!) to keep up with the aggy collapse. 

Edited by Chopper
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

aggy is 104th in line yards per carry for their OL. That offense isn't going anywhere until they fix their OL and there's no easy solution to that problem. 

STFU.. whether you realize it or not, some aggy have been showing very uncharacteristic self awareness lately and they do read and lurk on Surly.

9 hours ago, crash_davis said:

aggy looks exactly like our teams post mack.  shitty oline and shitty qb play will have shitty results on the field.  defense will carry the team for awhile and then it too will start to suck.

they are going to be in a death spiral for awhile, like we were.

Jimbo was already early Stage 4 Mack his last year+ at FSU.  He's simply metastasized from Tallahassee to Collie Station.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

The difference is that our death spiral had a fairly easy solution: get the right coach. Other than that, our schedule is not terribly difficult, and we do not have a lot of competition for top recruits in Texas. Once we fixed the coaching problem, everything fell into place.

By contrast, I don't see aggy climbing out of this hole without changing conferences. They are always going to have several guaranteed losses in the SEC. And as long as Texas is doing well, it will be hard for aggy to attract recruits with promises that aggy will play a lot of superior in-conference opponents. Nobody wants to go to a school where they are basically guaranteed a bunch of losses, especially if they can go to Texas and see a clear path to winning the conference and getting into the championship mix.

Moreover, even when aggy collectively realizes that their conference is dooming them, where are they going to go? They cannot very well come back to the Big 12. That would be admitting a mistake. They can't go to a lesser conference, because they think they are above that. Aggy is going to be stuck in this situation for a long, long time.

You obviously don't know many aggy.  They are and will continue to be ecstatic about being in the SEC for 3 distinct reasons, and that won't change any time soon.  

1.  They are 2-2 with wins at Lamar and TxSt and they are ranked.   SEC bias on FULL display.   Since they haven't won anything of substance in 80 years, various rankings are their most important metric for their perceived success.  

2.  Riding coat tails and conference pride.  they can't win shit, so they run off to latch on to the most, recent success.   They hated losing to UT and OU because they have been doing it for a century.  They love losing to Bama because they are aggy.   Conference pride is as aggy as it gets   

3.  They hate us more than anything and losing 2 of every 3 games to us kills them.  They are also completely dilusional and fond of fabricating anything to create or perpetuate whatever narrative they are looking to push   With the move to SECx3 they can claim any fabricated advantage or victory over UT while completely dodging us on the field   

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

You obviously don't know many aggy.  They are and will continue to be ecstatic about being in the SEC for 3 distinct reasons, and that won't change any time soon.  

1.  They are 2-2 with wins at Lamar and TxSt and they are ranked.   SEC bias on FULL display.   Since they haven't won anything of substance in 80 years, various rankings are their most important metric for their perceived success.  

2.  Riding coat tails and conference pride.  they can't win shit, so they run off to latch on to the most, recent success.   They hated losing to UT and OU because they have been doing it for a century.  They love losing to Bama because they are aggy.   Conference pride is as aggy as it gets   

3.  They hate us more than anything and losing 2 of every 3 games to us kills them.  They are also completely dilusional and fond of fabricating anything to create or perpetuate whatever narrative they are looking to push   With the move to SECx3 they can claim any fabricated advantage or victory over UT while completely dodging us on the field   

27-25.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Jimbo's in trouble (well not really because $75M no matter what. lulz) unless he can muster up a transfer in the next two years. Foster's leaving and Calzada, Blumrick, and even Haynes King aren't the kind of talents Jimbo will need to overcome the rest of his roster, especially the OL, and his archaic system. He might get to 10 wins next year due to an easy schedule, but he's headed for a bunch of 7-9 win regular season for the foreseeable future while coming in second in most in-state recruiting battles. 

I think Mond is actually the best QB talent-wise out of all of these guys, especially after seeing King's implosion this year.

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

Would you give a fuck if you had 100 years worth of Evan Williams Green Label? I mean cmon!

if you drink 1,000 bottles a day that's close to correct.  More like enough to buy the whole distillery and have enough left over to buy Jack Link and convert to processing opossum and nutria. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Jimbo was already early Stage 4 Mack his last year+ at FSU.  He's simply metastasized from Tallahassee to Collie Station.

So accurate. I stumbled across a clip of his post game press conference from Saturday and I couldn't stop laughing at his opening comments. A rapid fire stream of excuses while he continually futzed with his grandma glasses. Didnt exactly exude that "follow me into battle" vibe. 

10 years

75 million

Lulz

• Haha 1

Spoiler

Liucci

4:48p 

Staff

AG

Quote:

Fisher said everything would be evaluated this week. Question, does anything change? 

I'd be very surprised if it didn't. Listen, don't expect this thing to look night and day different because Fisher isn't going to make wholesale philosophical changes. He is who he is and his offense has produced championship results in multiple leagues. It also had flashes of being very tough to stop and working in the current SEC climate last year when he had veteran personnel at key spots. The talent will only get better, but he knows there are some things that must be adjusted THIS year in order for the offense to score more. The first is continuing to push his players to eliminate the mistakes. That won't show up in terms of what you're getting at. What will is perhaps a little more tempo, more of #17 in the WR rotation and maybe more QB runs. I think you'll also see some slight tinkering with defensive personnel, though there aren't a ton of options there.

Quote:

Is Mond going to run going forward?

I believe we'll see more of that, yes. I'm confident we'll see some more designed stuff but the question is whether we'll see him tuck it and take off a little more earlier in games and not just when the Ags are behind or in a fourth quarter battle where it's win or go home. I believe that will be the case. Nothing extreme, but just more than we've seen.

Quote:

How much did this weekend help with Zach Evans

Quite a bit, actually. The Ags are once again trending big-time with the North Shore star but, as I've said a million times, this recruitment will play out over the long haul. But, without question, the Aggies helped themselves out in a big, big way. Demond Demas is doing great work here and if I'm Fisher, I'd push the heck out of the Haynes King-Demas-Evans five-star trifecta. 

Quote:

Have your thoughts about the potential of the team this year changed? Same question for the trajectory/future of the program. I personally think many people are going way overboard with their doom and gloom at this point in the season and this point in Jimbo's rebuild "process"

Agreed. Good question but Dalton has included three versions of this out of 25. Good to see at least he's in mid-season form already. I agree with you. Read the cover where I kind of tap into this and then we've talked about it a lot this week on radio. I was working backwards on these questions so I also hit it in one of Dalton's carbon copies.

Quote:

What do we need to do to start games stronger?

That's a tough one that I really don't know the answer to. I might say get more creative and take more risks early in the game but I don't think that's it. They came out firing down the field against Clemson and took a deep shot on the second play. They also took a home run shot on the first drive versus Auburn and were passing a lot on the first couple of possessions. I think it's just a mindset as much as anything else. They need to do a better job of coming out playing with more focus and less what I feel like is nervous energy.

Quote:

Bright spots from Saturday's game vs. Auburn? Thanks in advance. 

Here's the quick-hitting version: 
Davis got hot late. Hopefully it carries over... Jhamon Ausbon ...Kellen played better than folks seem to think and, yes, did so in the first half, as well. Some of the most staunch Mond antagonists I know told me they thought he played his best game of the season versus Auburn. Go compare stats to what Justin Herbert did against the same defense playing behind an OL that most believe is the best in the Pac-12...DeMarvin Leal and some of the other current depth guys on defense...we've probably reached the point that we WILL see a lot more of Ainias Smith...defensive interior was still strong...despite the way the game went, it looked to me like the only area the Aggies were overmatched was the OL versus what is probably the best DL they'll face all year and probably the best in the country. Everywhere else, the Ags held up fine but just really hurt themselves with maddening mistakes. Have to fix them but they ARE correctable.

Quote:

Do we bleed the clock against an Arkansas team with inferior talent as we have in recent games or do we use a little tempo to increase the number of snaps and maybe get Kellen in a rhythm?

I think you'd probably see a little tempo. In other words, I don't think you'll see the Ags go out of their way to shorten the game. This is the type contest where you need to see your OL get SOMETHING going on the ground and where the defense needs to step up, stuff a very good runner in Rakeem Boyd and even Devwah Whaley (oh, the irony) and make some big plays in form of sacks and takeaways. Both have been lacking the past three weeks.

Quote:

Why cant our WRs get separation against good teams. Is the problem talent, route running skills, coaching or effort? I'm not sure if this is hurting Mond more than our lack of good pass protection.

I think at times it's effort as in not going all out on every single snap. Lack of separation is an issue at times against man coverage, there's no doubt. However, I think the simple fact that Davis is probably the only of the four primary receivers whose pure speed and explosive quickness seems to be a problem for higher-end SEC DBs, the group is certainly more of a possession, go up and catch contested passes bunch than they are home run threats.

Quote:

What did you learn from the Auburn game that surprised you?

That I would be concerned about future opponents running on the Aggies by getting to the outside. Not saying it's going to keep happening. I know Auburn can stress a defense on the perimeter like few can (it's what they do) but it was enough of an eye-opener that I'm not entirely sure others won't enjoy success to the outside, as well.

Quote:

What did you think of the way the refs called the game in the secondary? 

Thought they let them play but let it get it little ridiculous at times. They let Auburn DBs get entirely too handsy when the ball was in the air and the receivers were downfield. Ags should have gotten at least a couple of more PI calls that would have been significant.

Quote:

Any chance we see Ainias Smith get some time at RB?

I wouldn't say it's not possible but I don't think it's likely. What I would do, however, is move him around and sometimes motion him into the backfield for the occasional swing or screen pass (like Kellen threw to Kibodi on third down Saturday) or even on a zone read play every once in a while with Mond. But not a position switch. Just more creative ways to get him the ball and especially do so in space.

Quote:

Outside of Smith, who is the one guy you NEED to see get a chance more offensively now that we are a 1/3 of the way through the season? (How depressing does through 1/3 of the season sound?)

Yeah, the college football season goes by entirely too fast. Outside of Smith? I'm not sure there is anyone I'd say that about. I'd have zero problem seeing more of any one particular wideout (there are a lot of options but they'll have to outperform the veterans in practice). Maybe Cordarrian Richardson at running back?

Quote:

Do you still see 2020 as the breakout season?

Kind of a double-up question from Dalton. My answer is still yes but I need to see more from this group than what we've seen so far. I'm not calling for the Ags to win the whole thing but remember that Nick Saban went 8-5 in year THREE before winning it all a season later. Jimbo dropped three straight his second season before going 66-10 in his next 76. Point is, the head coach has seen it up close and personal a couple of times so he knows the challenges in front of him and that you can't let it knock you off the trajectory.

Quote:

What do you think of the running backs? It's hard to get a gauge because of the inexperience and the level of competition they played on the one of extreme of Texas St and Lamar and on the other Clemson and Auburn (where even Trayveon struggled against the elite run defenses). Kellen Mond was not the #1 issue offensively . Compare his line to Justin Herbert and completing over 60% of his passes for 335 yards with a 2 TD/0 picks and it's easy to see there were much bigger problem areas.

Good point about the Oregon/A&M OL comparison. Kellen wasn't anywhere close to the biggest issue on offense on Saturday. And Auburn had a TON to do with that, as did Clemson. It's part of why I'm very curious to see how A&M can run against Arkansas and the teams that DON'T feature top-5 or top-10 defenses moving through the schedule. Right now, it's like you said, we have a sample size that includes a couple of overmatched non-P5 opponents and two of the best defenses in the country. And, yes, Williams and the Aggie ground game struggled in three of the four losses last year (less than 50 yards in each and in the 30s in at least two of those) but he did go for 107 against Auburn. Losing Williams and then Corbin REALLY hurts. There's no two ways around it, even if Spiller is clearly going to be a very good one. I felt terrible for him on Saturday but the youngster has to learn from it and get better.

Quote:

My questions, is the lack of solid TE play hampering the offense as much as I think it is? Have you seen any improvement in TE play as we've moved forward in the season?

It's not helping. Both of those guys can block but they have to know what they're doing first. They're getting better under Finley but for Wydermyer he's four games into his career. At least Cupp had been through the spring and an entire off-season. Those two will be elite. It's just that one isn't out there and the other is brand new and lining up against Clemson and Auburn with Venables and Steele throwing a lot at the blocking schemes. But, yes, I do think it's hurting in terms of blocking but not nearly as much as the fact that Jace was a truly elite receiving threat. He changed so much. These guys (Cupp and Wydermyer) have what it takes to be that as well, though maybe not as dynamic as the smaller Sternberger was. They'll be bigger, more prototypical NFL TEs and less TE/H-back types.

Quote:

Is it a given now that we take 3 RB commits including an all purpose recruit like Devon Achane? What is your rank order in terms of the most likely to sign with A&M on signing day..... (currently listed alphabetically) Achane, Evans, Deondre JacksonDaniyel NgataEJ Smith?

Yeah, I think that's a given if they can pull it off. Heck, that was the plan before Prince left or Corbin was hurt. Jackson and at least two others. Now it's an absolute. They'd probably ink four if they could but I think whoever else you're targeting might balk once the numbers got that high. Three is still my expectation and I expect Jay Graham will get it done by adding two more out of that group.

Quote:

How soon will the NCAA implement weekly mandatory player injury reports, a la the NFL? If there is no legal issue prohibiting it (is there such an issue?), it's hard to understand why we don't have it.

Well there are actually rules (HIPPA) which many coaches use to hide behind and not reference injuries at all. Jimbo is actually the best I've been around in terms of being up front and even explaining the situation to some degree. While I could see it coming one day, the problem with amateur athletes is that they're trying to eventually turn pro (and they're also college students whose health records are private) so releasing injury info could - in theory - hurt their chances at future earnings. It's a slippery slope.

Quote:

What singer/band/rockstar would be your "Bieber shirt"?

Good question. Not sure why Dalton didn't put this in 'Others receiving votes' though. As for a band, it would be the Chili Peppers. Singer or someone whose shirt I would rock under my shoulder pads? Maybe I'd shake everyone up and go with Lionel Richie or wear an "It's Britney, *****" tee. 

Quote:

I know what Jimbo said on his radio show last week, but is there any chance that Vernon Jackson is able to play again? 

Sure doesn't sound like it but I guess you never say never. I wouldn't expect it or even hold out hope if I were you. A tough blow for the Aggies when you're talking about such a high-profile recruiting victory and a guy who showed in year on campus that he can really play but far more terrible for the young man.

Quote:

What intangibles does Mond lack, and why does he seem to take so long to get going? Almost like he performs well under pressure, but by the time he feels the pressure, it's too late.

I agree that Kellen seems to play better when it's crunch time in a close game and things start really getting hectic. And he definitely seems to start games slower than he finishes them, though I will say he came out throwing the ball VERY well and seeing the field early against Auburn and the Ags were unable to capitalize on that. As far as intangibles lacking - I'd start by saying what he does have is the fact that he's an above average passer (ask any coach who has ever faced the Aggies and they'll say as much) and an above average runner. I think he sometimes thinks TOO much. I was talking to former LB Christian Rodriguez on Sunday and he was a guy who was so smart that during the first half of his career it kind of hurt him as an OLB because he did too much thinking/analyzing and less just cutting it loose. Once he figured that out, he had an outstanding last year or two in Mike Hankwitz's defense. I think that's what you see from Kellen in games like LSU and Clemson last year and even some of those fourth quarters like South Carolina, Arkansas, Florida and even Bama as a true freshman. To me, we're completely overanalyzing every little thing about his game and maybe need to keep it simpler. I think if he was in the designed running game a little more and maybe too off a couple of times early, the pressure shifts from Mond and the passing game to the defense and the entire dynamic changes. IMO, it's worth a try.

Quote:

I know there has been a lot of talk about 2020 being the year we make a run and a lot of that because the schedule is much more favorable than this year. In your opinion do we currently have the level of talent needed to make that run and compete with Bama and LSU or are we one more year/recruiting cycle away?

I'm looking at this team and wondering to some degree but, at the same time, with LSU losing Burrow and Bama losing Tua, it certainly opens a door. A lot of these guys we are watching now will have to make significant strides between now and then (particularly along the OL, in the secondary and in the backfield) but you have to factor in how many of these true freshmen are going to be completely different players in year two than they are today - guys like Leal, Green, Richardson, Wydermyer, Blades (JUCO), Spiller, Smith...not to mention the ones not yet playing a lot. Those dudes plus a select few true freshmen, with Demas and, who knows, possibly guys like Evans, Harris and Achane leading the way. And don't forget Corbin and Cupp, either. There are plenty of additions and guys who won't be the same players but I think the key to making that big a leap involves next year's seniors as much as anything else.

Let's look at the list because you've essentially got one or two playing key roles this year. Next year, it will be Green, Hocker and Moore up front. Mond at QB. Ausbon, Rogers, Buckley and Davis at WR. Madubuike (big maybe) and Clemons on the DL. Johnson at LB. Carper, Jones and Renfro at DB. A LOT of juniors and seniors on that 2020 team. You hope many of them will have their best season in an A&M uniform next fall as upperclassmen. Time will tell and how the Aggies finish out this year in terms of making the same type of Sept-Dec improvements they made a year ago will go a long way towards shaping the pre-2020 narrative and expectation level.

Quote:

Outside of Demas, which other 2020 commits/targets will help address the lack of elite team speed both at the skill positions on offense and the back-end on defense?

Good question. Of the commits, I think Demas, Muhsin Muhammad III and Fadil Diggs certainly address speed/twitch at positions where the Ags are in need of an upgrade and Jaylon Jones is exceptional at corner as is Antonio Johnson at safety. Haynes King can be an explosive runner at QB and Isaiah Raikes is a VERY quick inside guy a la Daylon Mack. Dontae ManningArik GilbertDonell HarrisAntonio Doyle, Devon Achane and Daniyel Ngata are the possibilities you're talking about, as is Phillip Webb at LB.

Quote:

Do we see the young WR talent (Smith, Preston, others) get an opportunity in place of some of the older WR that routinely can't get separation (Inside and outside)? It's been really frustrating seeing the lack of explosiveness over and over again. 

Well, Quartney can get separation and Jhamon is playing his ass off. Kendrick is a guy who doesn't need separation but he's got to be more productive than he has. But I'm with you in that I want to see Coach Craig and the Ags go a little deeper into the rotation. Unfortunately, the veteran guys aren't 'separation' dudes either. That leads us to Ainias. I think he's a different guy in that regard and I think he's ready to make an impact. You'll see a lot more of him starting this week. From there? That will depend on how the four veterans play moving forward, I'm sure. 

Others receiving votes: 

Quote:

How many Justin Bieber T shirts do you own?

Zero. I burned them all after the Aggies lost to UCLA.

Quote:

Are you going to see Phil Collins in Houston Tuesday night? I'll be there!

I'm working on that. Got a late start. Thanks for derailing the question thread while I take a break to make a couple of phone calls.

Quote:

Was Sumlin eyeballing the Ags or something else? 

I have no idea. I suppose I could see it but it could EASILY have been something else, which is why I refrained from commenting or making a big deal of it. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt but was pretty disappointed to see a couple of former A&M players find it funny on twitter while thinking it was a shot at Jimbo, our fanbase and the current team. Not a good look at all. 

Quote:

Arkansas chant has to be one of the most obnoxious annoying things fans do right? They lose every year and still blabbering about their stupid pig. 

Yeah, it's pretty (incredibly) annoying.

Quote:

Do you use body soap or bar soap?

Both. Weirdest question of the week. By far.

Quote:

What's your go-to restaurant in the DFW area? 

To be honest, I'd much rather eat in Houston than Dallas. Much better food in H-Town. In Dallas, I'd say my go to spots are Javier's or Al Biernat's. I'm open to suggestions because I'm there regularly and the girl I typically go eat with tends to pick the absolute worst spots to eat. She's about to have no further say in the matter.

Quote:

Did anyone tell Logan that the tailgate started at 11:30?

Logan? He was probably getting his bellbottoms pressed and was running late.

1 hour ago, Spindletop said:

I think Mond is actually the best QB talent-wise out of all of these guys, especially after seeing King's implosion this year.

What's sad is the kid could probably be pretty good.  But he (and few others) are going to respond in a positive manner to a facemask grabbing screaming jackass of a has been (never been) joke of a coach.  He always has the fearful deer in the headlights look of a kid terrified of making a mistake.  Fuck Jimbo and all the a2m bastards for taking morons and making them worse for life. 

• Like 1

I hear you, but they're definitely in meltdown mode now, and it's not even October yet. I'm not hearing a lot of SEC rah-rah-rah at the moment.

25 minutes ago, futureman said:

I’m shocked by how many of you are convinced that aggy can’t lose this game.  aggy can always find a way to lose.  ass, my dude has a score to settle. 

Ass my dude is literally trash, my dude. This is not the year Arkansas is competitive against aggy

16 minutes ago, Voluminous Banality said:

The incessant equivocation in these Looch chats between feigned momentary perception of reality and indomitable blind homerism is absolutely delicious.

• I’d be surprised if there aren’t big changes this week, but I don’t think there will be big changes because there don’t need to be.
  • I’m not going to say that we’ll win the national championship next year, but we’re still on track to win the national championship next year.
  • I need to see more from this team, but there’s no need to be concerned. Second year coaches often lose 3 or 5 or 6 games and still win the national championship in their third year. It happens all the time.
  • Jimbo just needs to push his players more to stop making so many mistakes. (Apparently, coaching is simultaneously the problem and the solution.)
  • They’re going to tinker with the options they don’t have on defense.
  • Mond is going to run more, but not much more.
  • Losing Corbin and Williams hurts, but Cordarrian Richardson is the savior.
  • Our TEs don’t know what they are doing, but are elite. (Maybe they are elite at not knowing what they are doing?)
  • We can start stronger in games by being more aggressive earlier, but we’re already being aggressive enough early.
  • Mond is Justin Herbert, but better.
  • Jimbo is Nick Saban, but he is the most honest coach I’ve ever seen and doesn't hide behind HIPPA.
  • Auburn has the best defensive line in the country and probably maybe the best in the SEC.
  • Unlike the Clemson and Auburn games, we are going to try to beat Arkansas and not just run out of time run out the clock.

Aggy is the great paradox of our time--truly a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, if there ever was one. The only key is the aggy collective delusion.

Don’t forget the team lacks elite speed and ‘twitch,’ but don’t worry, nearly the entire recruiting class will have all the elite athleticism and ‘twitch’ you will need. 

Liucci is incredible. He starts out acting like he has a fucking clue what Saint Jimbo, Champion of “multiple leagues” will do on offense. Spoiler alert: he doesn’t.  He ends with another Billy Badass routine acting like the “girl he eats with” is about to be put in her place. And he’s just a completely unlikeable fuckwit even in print...and the Liucci sycophants are just fucking nauseating. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Well there are actually rules (HIPPA) which many coaches use to hide behind and not reference injuries at all. Jimbo is actually the best I've been around in terms of being up front and even explaining the situation to some degree. While I could see it coming one day, the problem with amateur athletes is that they're trying to eventually turn pro (and they're also college students whose health records are private) so releasing injury info could - in theory - hurt their chances at future earnings. It's a slippery slope.

Yes, because listing a player as "probable" or "doubtful" is an egregious violation of federal law.  But, Bilbo's the best.

1 hour ago, Saint Tacky said:

Yes, because listing a player as "probable" or "doubtful" is an egregious violation of federal law.  But, Bilbo's the best.

This was by far the best part of the Q&A. I mean, I've been around a lot of coaches but Jimbo is the best I've ever seen at giving injury reports. And really, that's how all coaches should be judged. Better recruiter than Mack Brown, better gameday coach than Bob Stoops, better injury reports than Bill Snyder. 

• Like 4