Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Stallings is a family friend.  And I can’t stand him.  He’s a world class asshole.  He used to hunt at my granddads ranch in South Texas. One time he was hunting and was supposed to kill an 8 point management buck.  I’m  hunting nearest to him so I drive him in my Jeep and drop him off.  

My stand is less than 1,000 yards away.  It was a calm morning with no wind.  I hear him shoot.  I knew it was him. The next closest hunter was a couple miles away.  If you hunt a lot like me, you know the difference between a hit and a miss by the sound.  This was a clear hit.  

So i wait about an hour and go pick him up.  I’m 24 at the time.  He’s probably in his 60s.  This was 2001.  

I pull up in the Jeep and ask him where the deer is.  He says he missed.  I asked if he was sure.  He said he was.  I asked again and say it sure sounded like a hit.  He said he missed and that he was shooting at an 8 point 400 yards the opposite direction of the feeder.  That sounded like bullshit.  But I didn’t want to argue with my granddads friend.   So we get in the Jeep and go drive that way looking for blood.  Find nothing after looking for 20 minutes.  Head back to camp to eat.  

After breakfast I grab my cousin (age 18) and we go back.  We drive to the feeder.  There is blood everywhere.  And a dead yearling 6 point 50 yards from the feeder on the edge of the brush.  This was opening morning.  So it was his kill.  Fucking liar.  But an aggy never lies, cheats or steals right?

We told my granddad and took the deer back to clean and tag (mld).   Not sure if he ever said anything.  But that fucker never was invited back.  Everyone makes mistakes hunting and it wouldn’t have been that big of a deal. But he lied his ass off to me.  

Bonus story.  That trip we flew down in my granddad’s King Air.  The plan was for Gene, my cousin and me to fly back.  Drop Gene off in Dallas and then my cousin and me in Houston. But when we took off we learned Dallas was fogged in.  So pilots decided to fly to Houston to drop us off, get more fuel and then take Gene to Dallas when the fog was cleared.  We were on the way when pilots told him of change of plans.  God he was pissed and yelled at the pilots.  I guess that dumb fucking aggy wanted to cruise around Dallas and run out of fuel waiting for the fog to clear.  

One more about him.  We had one tv at the ranch back then.  A big screen in the lodge.  I had the remote and was watching Texas play someone decent.  Think it was a Big 12 team like K State or Okie State.  Back then the sec sucked and was boring as shut with the run, run pass punt crap.  He wanted to watch shitty ass Bama play some other boring sec team.  Remember, this is 2001. We are in the national title hunt. Bama is shit and whatever team they played was shit.  I told him no.  I was watching Texas and wasn’t changing  the channel.  Zero fucks given. 

I have a low opinion of that aggy.  

You did the right thing.

• Like 2

Stallings is a family friend.  And I can’t stand him.  He’s a world class asshole.  He used to hunt at my granddads ranch in South Texas. One time he was hunting and was supposed to kill an 8 point management buck.  I’m  hunting nearest to him so I drive him in my Jeep and drop him off.  
My stand is less than 1,000 yards away.  It was a calm morning with no wind.  I hear him shoot.  I knew it was him. The next closest hunter was a couple miles away.  If you hunt a lot like me, you know the difference between a hit and a miss by the sound.  This was a clear hit.  
So i wait about an hour and go pick him up.  I’m 24 at the time.  He’s probably in his 60s.  This was 2001.  
I pull up in the Jeep and ask him where the deer is.  He says he missed.  I asked if he was sure.  He said he was.  I asked again and say it sure sounded like a hit.  He said he missed and that he was shooting at an 8 point 400 yards the opposite direction of the feeder.  That sounded like bullshit.  But I didn’t want to argue with my granddads friend.   So we get in the Jeep and go drive that way looking for blood.  Find nothing after looking for 20 minutes.  Head back to camp to eat.  
After breakfast I grab my cousin (age 18) and we go back.  We drive to the feeder.  There is blood everywhere.  And a dead yearling 6 point 50 yards from the feeder on the edge of the brush.  This was opening morning.  So it was his kill.  Fucking liar.  But an aggy never lies, cheats or steals right?
We told my granddad and took the deer back to clean and tag (mld).   Not sure if he ever said anything.  But that fucker never was invited back.  Everyone makes mistakes hunting and it wouldn’t have been that big of a deal. But he lied his ass off to me.  
Bonus story.  That trip we flew down in my granddad’s King Air.  The plan was for Gene, my cousin and me to fly back.  Drop Gene off in Dallas and then my cousin and me in Houston. But when we took off we learned Dallas was fogged in.  So pilots decided to fly to Houston to drop us off, get more fuel and then take Gene to Dallas when the fog was cleared.  We were on the way when pilots told him of change of plans.  God he was pissed and yelled at the pilots.  I guess that dumb fucking aggy wanted to cruise around Dallas and run out of fuel waiting for the fog to clear.  
One more about him.  We had one tv at the ranch back then.  A big screen in the lodge.  I had the remote and was watching Texas play someone decent.  Think it was a Big 12 team like K State or Okie State.  Back then the sec sucked and was boring as shut with the run, run pass punt crap.  He wanted to watch shitty ass Bama play some other boring sec team.  Remember, this is 2001. We are in the national title hunt. Bama is shit and whatever team they played was shit.  I told him no.  I was watching Texas and wasn’t changing  the channel.  Zero fucks given. 

Humblebrag quota exceeded. Nah, JK...cool stories of an a-hole aggy.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

This just sounds like a bunch of good bull. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Liucci

Guys, listen, the story going around about the brawl in the Aggies' locker room which may or may not have caused the team to come out late after halftime is purely longhorn exaggerates. I've been around a lot of coaches and I can promise you that Jimbo's philosophy of locker room in-fighting is second to none. It's been proven effective in multiple leagues already. Plenty of coaches experience fighting in the locker room in their second year and go on to win a natty the following season. It happens all the time. One thing I can say for sure, if any injuries were sustained in the brawl, Jimbo will come clean with the details, HIPPA be damned.

I don’t see on the plaque where it says “philosophy of locker room in-fighting”. I guess like most things Aggie they didn’t forget to include it they just run out of plaque.

9c1367bf54fe811c91af98f5447d95f0.jpg

Liucci

Guys, listen, the story going around about the brawl in the Aggies' locker room which may or may not have caused the team to come out late after halftime is purely longhorn exaggerates. I've been around a lot of coaches and I can promise you that Jimbo's philosophy of locker room in-fighting is second to none. It's been proven effective in multiple leagues already. Plenty of coaches experience fighting in the locker room in their second year and go on to win a natty the following season. It happens all the time. One thing I can say for sure, if any injuries were sustained in the brawl, Jimbo will come clean with the details, HIPPA be damned.

So.....the way I read this, we win the National Championship this year?

Of course all of their troubles are our fault.  It's always been that way.  That's why they'll always be losers.

Also, they're disparaging our schedule?  We haven't beaten anyone good?  But Lamar and SW Texas?  Haha.  OSU would boat race those clods.  Possibly La Tech too.  And OSU is 27th in the AP but whatever.

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

And we'll finish the morning off with a classic BOMC post

EFZN0MQWwAEoQb5?format=png&name=small

Aggy keeps claiming "hit piece" on the Matt Hayes article and I always respond, is it really a hit piece if everything said in it is true? Matt Hayes is a Gator so it's not like he wrote it on FSU's behalf.

16 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Or maybe Jimbo is an overrated POS coach who is taking you for a ride to tune of $75 million.

Aggy don't do no Occam's razor.  It's a conspiracy from lazy, lying, momentum building sip coaches and the recruits are catching on, which explains why Texas is doing so poorly in recruiting and aggy is back to WRTS.

37 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Longhorns are spreading lies and deceitful acts

Hide contents

EFZIJZlXUAABCNa?format=png&name=360x360EFZIJ6HX4AAh1N8?format=jpg&name=360x360EFZIKf4XUAETNfE?format=png&name=360x360EFZILB4XUAAXdQ2?format=jpg&name=small

Guess he forgot that aTm hasn't beaten a ranked opponent yet this season either, but they're supposed to be recruiting lights out...because why again?

At least we put up a fight in our loss to a ranked opponent. Aggie is like the cat presenting itself in South park to get fucked. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

a team LOADED with veterans on defense that did the same thing to a projected top-10 draft pick at QB and boasts arguably the best defensive front in college football. 

So Looch's point is that the auburn vs oregon and auburn vs aggy games went exactly the same way?