Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

13 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

With Demas apparently bought in and Evans possibly out of other $uitable places to land, they may just generate enough excitement with the "and friends" part of their "2020: cubes, bread, and friends" class to get the roller coaster back up to appropriate starting height in the offseason.

They are going to be foaming at the mouth to see their "5 star triplets" from Day 1. Them freshmen gon win that danged ole SECSECSEC!

19 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

They are going to be foaming at the mouth to see their "5 star triplets" from Day 1. Them freshmen gon win that danged ole SECSECSEC!

But it won't.  King must redshirt barring  unforeseen issues with calzone and mond. Zach will be in a world of hurt trying to dance around that backfield for a 6 yard loss. Demas will demand the ball and be suspended when he walks out.

18 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
43 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:
The chances of Haynes King remaining a five star are somewhere near Mond's odds of winning the Heisman this year.

Don't care, got Jimbo

18 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
43 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:
The chances of Haynes King remaining a five star are somewhere near Mond's odds of winning the Heisman this year.

Don't care, got Jimbo

giphy.gif

51 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

But it won't.  King must redshirt barring  unforeseen issues with calzone and mond. Zach will be in a world of hurt trying to dance around that backfield for a 6 yard loss. Demas will demand the ball and be suspended when he walks out.

Do you even aggie, bro?

The texags masses will be calling for Mond's head by game two and the best aggie QB on campus is always the true freshmen that came in over ranked and gets thrown to the wolves, only to have his career ruined and be benched by his own junior or senior year.

The aggie qb cycle is as scripted as their roller coaster.

• Like 1

They won't be calling for their king and savior in the first 2 games. They will be celebrating their season of destiny. Statement wins over Abilene Christian and North Texas wlil be followed by a P5 triumph over Colorado. The fourth game of their SEC *partially Grind will be a close win over traditional rival Arkansas, running the win streak over the Hogs to 947. The October losses when they travel to MSU, come home for Fresno State, and go on the road again at Auburn and USCe, those will herald the calling for the coming of the king.

• Like 2

They won't be calling for their king and savior in the first 2 games. They will be celebrating their season of destiny. Statement wins over Abilene Christian and North Texas wlil be followed by a P5 triumph over Colorado. The fourth game of their SEC *partially Grind will be a close win over traditional rival Arkansas, running the win streak over the Hogs to 947. The October losses when they travel to MSU, come home for Fresno State, and go on the road again at Auburn and USCe, those will herald the calling for the coming of the king.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Evans is going to be a huge locker room cancer when he realizes he’s being stuffed at the line of scrimmage bc of an absolutely shitty OL and no defense is going to respect Mond’s throwing ability.  That is when he’ll start getting into it with the coaches line he has at Northshore.  This idiot somehow how a way to lose his scholarship from bama, uga, and Texas.

18 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Evans is going to be a huge locker room cancer when he realizes he’s being stuffed at the line of scrimmage bc of an absolutely shitty OL and no defense is going to respect Mond’s throwing ability.  That is when he’ll start getting into it with the coaches line he has at Northshore.  This idiot somehow how a way to lose his scholarship from bama, uga, and Texas.

The first thing I remember Evans saying was that he wanted to play somewhere with a great offensive line.

2 small things to take away from the Bellucci hour today:

12:30 - 14:00

Looch claims Starkel cheated by being on the headset after being knocked out of the game, stealing signals. "I'm sure A&M has turned it in to the SEC... along with Dabo Swinney and Clemson. They're the worst at it(??)."

56:15 - 58:15

"Why did Roshauud Paul redshirt?" 

"I think it's fairly obvious, isn't it?" 

And then this leads to another instance of Looch - the boyish good looks he has - making fun of the way someone else looks, talking about how he's glad aggy beat Arkansas so they couldn't celebrate in their own club dub, "lead by Gilmer's own Jeff Traylor. East Texas' own Orson Welles."

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0122575-spih.mp3

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Evans is starting to take the Christine Michaels route. No on else wanted him, and he amounted to nothing. I'm ok with that. 

somewhat shockingly, i actually agree with a spiderbanana take - i think both those guys are 99.9th percentile athletes who for whatever reason don't have the vision / feel / esoteric something to be next-level running backs. 

michael was incredible at times, but his running style always was a touch stiffer than the guys who excel in college and beyond. evans has a bit of that. 

On 9/30/2019 at 8:49 PM, Deej said:

So $60 million to buy out Jimbo, then Urbs probably would want $120 million fully guaranteed  for ten years...workable. Just need another hurricane so Sharp can steal more rebuilding money.

He’s not named Urban for nothing. Not sure there is a price to lure him to that outpost.

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

somewhat shockingly, i actually agree with a spiderbanana take - i think both those guys are 99.9th percentile athletes who for whatever reason don't have the vision / feel / esoteric something to be next-level running backs. 

michael was incredible at times, but his running style always was a touch stiffer than the guys who excel in college and beyond. evans has a bit of that. 

Since you're aggy, and actually a sane one at that, what was the deal with Michaels? I had read he wanted a Texas offer that never came, then he was headed to LSU, and then...he just ended up in CS. 

48 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Since you're aggy, and actually a sane one at that, what was the deal with Michaels? I had read he wanted a Texas offer that never came, then he was headed to LSU, and then...he just ended up in CS. 

My recollection is that our brilliant coach decided to go all in on Chris Whaley at running back that year. Jesus Christ that 2009 class was such a monumental disaster. Basically 4 good players out of 20 coming off the heels of a top 5 finish. 

That's because they have 12 campuses which all count towards total enrollment I think. At least Aggy is quarantined to fewer campuses.
Even being a massive commuter school, UCF has more to offer than Aggy.
UCF is less of a commuter school than they used to be. they have lots of campuses all over Central Florida and they are putting more housing in a lot of em including the main campus. the hospitality campus is in the idrive area near the convention center and it has dorms. they just opened a downtown campus in a highrise with housing and classrooms in the building. and they hold classes on the Valencia CC campuses which are all over Orange county. another reason they are so big is Bright Futures scholarships. if you graduate highschool in FL Bright Futures gives you a scholarship to attend a fl college or university.