Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

On September 30, 2019 at 11:44 AM, Jersey Man10 said:
On September 30, 2019 at 10:44 AM, Walden Ponderer said:
Yeah, that line stuck out like a sore thumb.
They aren't even remotely becoming Texas. Texas is self-critical in a continuous quest for excellence. Texas fans have been bitching about a bloated athletics administration for a decade, and are ready to flay any coach who mails it in without a second thought. Meanwhile aggy would rather die than admit they've made any mistakes, and make idols of any coach wearing maroon.
The reason there's trophies in one school's hall of fame, and a lost John Travolta in the other, is that only one of those schools is a cult instead of a university.

Lost John Travolta lmao

When John is touring the aggy hoc (or whatever the hell they tagged it), I believe it is more of a "what the fuck John Travolta".

And the aggy hoc John is the best.

Edited by EastTexan

11 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

If Evans get his shit together to a reasonable degree, it’ll be Bama, LSU, or UGA. If he doesn’t and get suspended again, it’ll be aggy.

Pretty much

All three teams have taken human idiots in the past less talented than Evans. They just don't need to take him yet 

36 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

When John is touring the aggy hoc (or whatever the hell they tagged it), I believe it is more of a "what the fuck John Travolta".

And the aggy hoc John is the best.

Considering they didn't have the foresight to realize it'd be perpetually empty, ag hoc seems like an appropriate name for it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

Did he play vs Arky? 

Missed Auburn and arky

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-nickel-Roney-Elam-136348720/

"He's not available right now" Fisher said and he did not confirm if it was injury related, just that he was unavailable. 

Edited by texifornia

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Moses Reynolds, yes that is actually a player on scholarship for aggy, just went into the portal. He's a RSJr. The exodus has begun, only 30 more to go.

Tarp on the 2018 class ... 

The 2017 class had a lot more three stars and contributed more early on than the four stars in the 2018 class.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

This is from the Chronicle yesterday, pretty clear we won't see Elam again. 

"Also, senior defensive back Roney Elam has missed the last two games, and Fisher said Elam is "not available" and declined to elaborate on whether the senior's absence is health-related or otherwise. A person with knowledge of the situation said Elam is dealing with a legal matter and might not be available again this season." 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TexasMan said:

2 small things to take away from the Bellucci hour today:

12:30 - 14:00

Looch claims Starkel cheated by being on the headset after being knocked out of the game, stealing signals. "I'm sure A&M has turned it in to the SEC... along with Dabo Swinney and Clemson. They're the worst at it(??)."

56:15 - 58:15

"Why did Roshauud Paul redshirt?" 

"I think it's fairly obvious, isn't it?" 

And then this leads to another instance of Looch - the boyish good looks he has - making fun of the way someone else looks, talking about how he's glad aggy beat Arkansas so they couldn't celebrate in their own club dub, "lead by Gilmer's own Jeff Traylor. East Texas' own Orson Welles."

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0122575-spih.mp3

Looch: You're up 14-3, you get this huge momentum swing, the endzone interception. You knock Nick Starkel out of the game, little did you know that that might have hurt you, because not only did Hicks play well, but Starkel spent the rest of the game on the headset, which is basically cheating...by Arkansas. You can't do that. No, you can't do that. A&M finally caught on, and I'm sure they've turned it into the SEC. No, you can't sit there and do that. They were doing that during the game. Um...and again, the guy that everyone who rooting for to play well, was sitting there stealing signals from the A&M side. Along with Dabo Sweeney and Clemson , who are the worst at doing it, you know they passed it around. So I think that's something the Aggies have to look at and say how much did Arkansas know? I think the world of Nick Starkel, but on Saturday, he was the enemy. And that's what I've tried to say the whole year leading into that. it. He was going to give a lot of intel before the game, but especially during the game, unless you had completely changed up everything you could in the way of signals. Which is a lot harder than you think when you have young players and guys in some instances takes a while to learn the ones they already have. It's more complicated than the average fan thinks. 

This is dumb even for Looch standards. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Looch: You're up 14-3, you get this huge momentum swing, the endzone interception. You knock Nick Starkel out of the game, little did you know that that might have hurt you, because not only did Hicks play well, but Starkel spent the rest of the game on the headset, which is basically cheating...by Arkansas. You can't do that. No, you can't do that. A&M finally caught on, and I'm sure they've turned it into the SEC. No, you can't sit there and do that. They were doing that during the game. Um...and again, the guy that everyone who rooting for to play well, was sitting there stealing signals from the A&M side. Along with Dabo Sweeney and Clemson , who are the worst at doing it, you know they passed it around. So I think that's something the Aggies have to look at and say how much did Arkansas know? I think the world of Nick Starkel, but on Saturday, he was the enemy. And that's what I've tried to say the whole year leading into that. it. He was going to give a lot of intel before the game, but especially during the game, unless you had completely changed up everything you could in the way of signals. Which is a lot harder than you think when you have young players and guys in some instances takes a while to learn the ones they already have. It's more complicated than the average fan thinks. 

That can't be real. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Someone send this to Billy

Image result for sam ehlinger headset

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:
22 minutes ago, randygilman said:

You can't do that. No, you can't do that.

Oh, but you can.

JFC this is hilarious.  Every team in CFB "tries" at some point to understand and anticipate the plays of the other team.  Loochie going to start bitching about the many hours AR watched game film also?

45 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Looch:  . . . Starkel spent the rest of the game on the headset.   

No, he didn't.  I watched the last 1.5 quarters of that game on an ESPN replay earlier this week because I was curious to see how close Arky came to causing aggy's world to explode at the end of the game.  The broadcast included several shots of Starkel standing on the sideline, and I don't recall him having the headset on at any point.  Maybe he did earlier in the game, but he certainly didn't "spen[d] the rest of the game" with the cans on.  More Liucci bullshit.  Take everything he says with a dumptruck full of salt.

And if Starkel did put the headset on at some point after getting knocked out of the game, so what?  Not sure how that would be cheating under NCAA rules.   

Edited by Carl Spackler

NCAA Football Playing Rules 1-4-12 (coaches’ phones/headsets/communication devices)

ARTICLE 12. Coaches’ phones, headsets and communication devices are not subject to playing rules penalties before or during the game. a. A conference may develop a policy to provide guidance in handling situations dealing with failure of coaches’ headsets. b. For Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) football, within game management responsibility, each team may use a maximum of 23 headsets with guidelines as follows: 1. Fifteen (15) of the headsets may be used by countable coaches and graduate assistants for coaching purposes. 2. Three (3) “listen only” headsets may be used in the Coaches Booth by individuals who are full time undergraduate students or are within 10 years of exhaustion of eligibility or, if earlier, college graduation. Only countable coaches, graduate assistants and the three individuals using the “listen only” devices may be in the coaches’ booth. (Exception: One communication technician.) 3. Four (4) of the headsets may only be used by Squad Members or up to four designated full-time undergraduate students.

• Like 1