Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

The loudest I've ever personally heard Kyle field be, they lost to Tech. It got pretty quiet, admittedly.

Can't remember whether this was the game or not, but it's always fun to revisit, anyway.

Oh, it stayed loud alright:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I heard Fowler on Eisen last winter and he's a real grade-a blowhard. He's a Connecticut, cat person who was opining the challenge that is unboxing Christmas decor that hadn't been out in a few years because they'd been Christmas-ing in Europe. 

as someone who has gotten drunk with chris fowler, he is awesome, his wife is hot, he does not cover the tour de france (although it is the best sporting event in the world), and we're gonna beat bama's ass*

*possibly cover if a lot of shit goes our way

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

it's a fucking bike race. 

You can find a bike race between a couple of 9 year olds on any suburb block on any summer afternoon. Same fucking thing, except the 9 year olds aren't a bunch of fucking dopers. 

They also more than likely don't dress like total dorks.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, bizzle said:

as someone who has gotten drunk with chris fowler, he is awesome, his wife is hot, he does not cover the tour de france (although it is the best sporting event in the world), and we're gonna beat bama's ass*

*possibly cover if a lot of shit goes our way

I've always thought Fowler has a great life.  The aforementioned hot Bodyshaping wife, gameday host for a decade plus and now lead pbp guy for espn to eventually hit all of the great rivalries and college towns, and annual trips to Melbourne, Paris, London, and New York to watch hot chicks play tennis.

Edited by WBT

1 minute ago, WBT said:

I've always thought Fowler has a great life.  The aforementioned hot Bodyshaping wife, gameday host for a decade plus and now lead pbp guy for espn to eventually hit all of the great rivalries and college towns, and annual trips to Melbourne, Paris, London, and New York to watch hot chicks play tennis.

Should have gone with Kiana, though.  Otherwise, spot on.  

the two fanbases that get the most apoplectic when someone dares to opine TX-OU is the best rivalry game in college football are Ohio State and A&M
it's not mind-boggling, they're both full of idiots, but man do they get sore when someone innocuously expresses that opinion
if you are that pissed about it being better than anything your beloved aggy plays in take some xanax,

fap to this...

869bd5f11558836a08eccc75fdcb9228.jpg92a0ab99635b18002ff1e04b07df6f7a.gif5175309d31d0e1d868357151d6cbe20d.jpg

and chill out

as far as tOSU goes who gives as shit what those mouth breathing couch burners think.

your post reeks of aggy penis envy.

shouldnt you be readying your asshole for the reaming that bama is fixing to give you Kellen?

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/10/a-confident-statement-and-what-came-next.html

Yeah, A&M's response is just "NUH UH, NOTHING TEXAS HAS CAN BE BEST!", not even "our rivalry with is better!"
Fucking pathetic. 
The Ohio State thing is like.... it's never enough for an Ohio State fan to have something good. It's like they need the validation of everyone saying "oh yeah, yours is the best", which gets to be a fucking beating when the topic is subjective like the band or a rivalry, etc. Jesus Christ, just enjoy life being good. You don't need me to convert too. 
mooooo eh kellen

5 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

I’ve nothing bad to say about Chris Fowler. 

Some 20+ years ago when he was a minor player on Game Day he would give you his “Mighty Dog”. His underdog play of the week  

He killed it the one year that I played his picks.

God bless you, Chris Fowler  

username kinda checks out?

Looks like Wiltfong is trying to drum up some buzz for his bro Elko -- here's his week 7 national recruiting roundup.  (**also good job on the Princely update.) No mention of the Texas/OU game and a brief meh for LSU who is hosting a list that shits all over the aggy list and a nice update on Indiana hosting a guy that's going to Michigan State. 

Recruiting week 7: Aggies lead big weekend of official visitors

There are some big official visit weekends being planned across the country for week seven of college football.

Nobody is doing it bigger than Texas A&M. When the 24th-ranked Aggies take the field against No. 1 Alabama on Saturday afternoon, they’ll do so in front of the largest group of official visitors any program is hosting in the country.

Head coach Jimbo Fisher and his staff are bringing in many of their remaining top targets as they put the finishing touches on a haul that currently checks in at No. 9 in the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

“I’m looking forward to seeing an exciting game, great atmosphere, and just to see the players and coaches,” Memphis (Tenn.) Briarcrest Christian Top247 defensive tackle Omari Thomas said. “I think it’s going to be a crazy environment it’s going to be live.”

The nation’s No. 8 defensive tackle in the Top247 Player Rankings, the 6-foot-5, 299-pound Thomas has November officials planned for Alabama and Auburn. Texas A&M will try and set the tone with this trip as they battle those two along with Ole Miss and Tennessee. Thomas also visited College Station in June.

“They are a winning program who can develop players and has all the tools to make it to the National Championship,” Thomas said.

Two prospects Texas A&M heads into the weekend favored for on the 247Sports Crystal Ball are West Memphis (Ark.) High’s offensive guard Chris Morris and St. Louis (Mo.) Lutheran North’s outside linebacker Antonio Doyle. Morris is the No. 3 player in the country at his position and Doyle the No. 11 outside linebacker. I still like the Aggies for both of them.

“Man I just like everything,” Doyle recently told 247Sports. “The coaching staff, they keep up with me and I feel Coach (Jimbo) Fisher is going to do big things there. They’ve been on me hard. The guys they’re bringing me as far as their recruiting class is going to be big and they’ve been on me and let me know I’m needed and can help.”

Gilbert (Ariz.) Higley Top247 defensive end Jason Harris included Texas A&M in his top six in July and takes his trip to campus. Arizona is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite and he has a ton of family ties there but he’s maintained being open to all his finalists and it wouldn’t be surprising to see the lone SEC program still in the mix make a move on this visit. Oregon, Colorado, UCLA and Arizona State are the other contenders.

A&M is in the final five for Dallas (Texas) Jesuit Top247 all-purpose back EJ Smith. There’s been more buzz to date regarding Stanford, Ohio State and Florida at different times in this recruitment, and Smith has already taken officials to Georgia in September and Florida last weekend, now it’s the Aggies turn. Bastrop (Texas) Cedar Creek Top247 defensive end Alfred Collins is giving his five finalists a fair shake as well and this will be his fourth official after already getting to Texas, Alabama and Oklahoma earlier this fall. LSU is the final contender. Texas is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite.

Big visit for the No. 3 Junior College cornerback in the country Brian George who has now had two official visits to Kentucky canceled, the first because his mom wasn’t able to make it and now this one in favor of seeing the Aggies. George seems to still have several schools in the mix. Texas A&M looks like they’re near the top of the list.

Fisher and company will take their swing at Longhorns commit Princely Umanmielen who committed to the Longhorns in August. He has since visited Oklahoma after that and now heads to Kyle Field next.

GigEm247 reports three of Texas A&M’s commits will also take their official in five-star receiver Demond Demas, Top247 defensive end Fadil Diggs and offensive lineman Smart Chibuzo. For more on who’s expected unofficially check out their list here. It’s loaded.

I’ll regret flipping my 247Sports Crystal Ball to LSU for Top247 defensive end Donell Harris if he shows up at Texas A&M for his official instead of Baton Rouge for the Florida game.

Speaking of No. 5 LSU, the Tigers will also have a strong group of prospects on campus for their Top10 showdown with No. 7 Florida. Geaux247 has the list here which includes five-star running back Zachary Evans headlining the unofficial guests. As far as the officials go, two are slated in five-star tight end Arik Gilbert and Top247 safety Malcolm Greene. For Gilbert, Alabama has been trending as of late on the 247Sports Crystal Ball with Georgia and Clemson having more steam throughout the process than LSU. We’ll see if this weekend changes anything. This is the first official for Greene who maintains he’s still considering many of his options. Maybe the Tigers set the tone in this recruitment moving forward. LSU heads into this weekend with the nation’s No. 4 recruiting class.

This Friday night game against Colorado was one Mario Cristobal and his staff targeted to host official visitors because it gives them more time to spend with prospects on Saturday with the Pac 12 contest behind them. This weekend they welcome in the No. 1 cornerback in the 247Sports Composite rankings in five-star Kelee Ringo along with the nation’s No. 3 JUCO safety in Bennett Williams along with a pair of committed prospects in Top247 safety Myles Slusher and receiver Johnny Wilson. Cristobal and company will take their swing at Ringo who at this point is considered a heavy lean to Georgia. There was a time where five-star defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux was considered a lean to an SEC power in Alabama but an official visit during the fall to Autzen changed that. Perhaps with Ringo as well although he seems even stronger to UGA at this point. Meanwhile Williams is considered an Oregon lean coming into this trip after a strong visit in July for Saturday Night Live. Wilson and Slusher are two jewels of a class that ranks No. 16 nationally coming into the weekend, good for No. 2 in the Pac 12. Slusher has been to Nebraska twice this fall so if you’re Oregon it’s good to get him back to Eugene.

No. 9 Notre Dame's night game against USC will also have a big group of talented unofficial visitors. As far as officials go, Ohio State safety transfer Isaiah Pryor is one of the headliners. ND was a school he considered strongly coming out of high school before choosing the Buckeyes. Pryor will be surrounded by guys already in the fold for Brian Kelly and his staff, part of a class that ranks No. 8. Returning to South Bend are the nation's No. 2 tight end Michael Mayer, Top247 quarterback Drew Pyne, four-star tight end Kevin Bauman and defensive end Alexander Ehrensberger.

A couple pass rushers will be in Tempe for No. 18 Arizona State’s game against Washington State. Calabasas (Calif.) High defensive end LeShaun Bell takes his first official after picking up an offer in August. Bell tweeted this week he’s at 19 sacks at basically the halfway point of his season. St. Louis (Mo.) Cardinal Ritter four-star defensive end Joe Moore seemed like a Minnesota lean at one point, then there were rumors regarding Illinois. In the end he slowed down the process and will now check out the Sun Devils. ASU currently has the No. 4 class in the Pac 12.

Indiana will host prep school receiver Alante Brown for an official visit this weekend. A Chicago native and a dynamic player for Simeon High in the 2019 class, he is a four-star potential recruit the Hoosiers would love to add. Michigan State looks like the team to beat at this point.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Looks like Wiltfong is trying to drum up some buzz for his bro Elko -- here's his week 7 national recruiting roundup.  (**also good job on the Princely update.) No mention of the Texas/OU game and a brief meh for LSU who is hosting a list that shits all over the aggy list and a nice update on Indiana hosting a guy that's going to Michigan State. 

Hide contents

There are some big official visit weekends being planned across the country for week seven of college football.

Nobody is doing it bigger than Texas A&M. When the 24th-ranked Aggies take the field against No. 1 Alabama on Saturday afternoon, they’ll do so in front of the largest group of official visitors any program is hosting in the country.

Head coach Jimbo Fisher and his staff are bringing in many of their remaining top targets as they put the finishing touches on a haul that currently checks in at No. 9 in the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

“I’m looking forward to seeing an exciting game, great atmosphere, and just to see the players and coaches,” Memphis (Tenn.) Briarcrest Christian Top247 defensive tackle Omari Thomas said. “I think it’s going to be a crazy environment it’s going to be live.”

The nation’s No. 8 defensive tackle in the Top247 Player Rankings, the 6-foot-5, 299-pound Thomas has November officials planned for Alabama and Auburn. Texas A&M will try and set the tone with this trip as they battle those two along with Ole Miss and Tennessee. Thomas also visited College Station in June.

“They are a winning program who can develop players and has all the tools to make it to the National Championship,” Thomas said.

Two prospects Texas A&M heads into the weekend favored for on the 247Sports Crystal Ball are West Memphis (Ark.) High’s offensive guard Chris Morris and St. Louis (Mo.) Lutheran North’s outside linebacker Antonio Doyle. Morris is the No. 3 player in the country at his position and Doyle the No. 11 outside linebacker. I still like the Aggies for both of them.

“Man I just like everything,” Doyle recently told 247Sports. “The coaching staff, they keep up with me and I feel Coach (Jimbo) Fisher is going to do big things there. They’ve been on me hard. The guys they’re bringing me as far as their recruiting class is going to be big and they’ve been on me and let me know I’m needed and can help.”

Gilbert (Ariz.) Higley Top247 defensive end Jason Harris included Texas A&M in his top six in July and takes his trip to campus. Arizona is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite and he has a ton of family ties there but he’s maintained being open to all his finalists and it wouldn’t be surprising to see the lone SEC program still in the mix make a move on this visit. Oregon, Colorado, UCLA and Arizona State are the other contenders.

A&M is in the final five for Dallas (Texas) Jesuit Top247 all-purpose back EJ Smith. There’s been more buzz to date regarding Stanford, Ohio State and Florida at different times in this recruitment, and Smith has already taken officials to Georgia in September and Florida last weekend, now it’s the Aggies turn. Bastrop (Texas) Cedar Creek Top247 defensive end Alfred Collins is giving his five finalists a fair shake as well and this will be his fourth official after already getting to Texas, Alabama and Oklahoma earlier this fall. LSU is the final contender. Texas is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite.

Big visit for the No. 3 Junior College cornerback in the country Brian George who has now had two official visits to Kentucky canceled, the first because his mom wasn’t able to make it and now this one in favor of seeing the Aggies. George seems to still have several schools in the mix. Texas A&M looks like they’re near the top of the list.

Fisher and company will take their swing at Longhorns commit Princely Umanmielen who committed to the Longhorns in August. He has since visited Oklahoma after that and now heads to Kyle Field next.

GigEm247 reports three of Texas A&M’s commits will also take their official in five-star receiver Demond Demas, Top247 defensive end Fadil Diggs and offensive lineman Smart Chibuzo. For more on who’s expected unofficially check out their list here. It’s loaded.

I’ll regret flipping my 247Sports Crystal Ball to LSU for Top247 defensive end Donell Harris if he shows up at Texas A&M for his official instead of Baton Rouge for the Florida game.

Speaking of No. 5 LSU, the Tigers will also have a strong group of prospects on campus for their Top10 showdown with No. 7 Florida. Geaux247 has the list here which includes five-star running back Zachary Evans headlining the unofficial guests. As far as the officials go, two are slated in five-star tight end Arik Gilbert and Top247 safety Malcolm Greene. For Gilbert, Alabama has been trending as of late on the 247Sports Crystal Ball with Georgia and Clemson having more steam throughout the process than LSU. We’ll see if this weekend changes anything. This is the first official for Greene who maintains he’s still considering many of his options. Maybe the Tigers set the tone in this recruitment moving forward. LSU heads into this weekend with the nation’s No. 4 recruiting class.

This Friday night game against Colorado was one Mario Cristobal and his staff targeted to host official visitors because it gives them more time to spend with prospects on Saturday with the Pac 12 contest behind them. This weekend they welcome in the No. 1 cornerback in the 247Sports Composite rankings in five-star Kelee Ringo along with the nation’s No. 3 JUCO safety in Bennett Williams along with a pair of committed prospects in Top247 safety Myles Slusher and receiver Johnny Wilson. Cristobal and company will take their swing at Ringo who at this point is considered a heavy lean to Georgia. There was a time where five-star defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux was considered a lean to an SEC power in Alabama but an official visit during the fall to Autzen changed that. Perhaps with Ringo as well although he seems even stronger to UGA at this point. Meanwhile Williams is considered an Oregon lean coming into this trip after a strong visit in July for Saturday Night Live. Wilson and Slusher are two jewels of a class that ranks No. 16 nationally coming into the weekend, good for No. 2 in the Pac 12. Slusher has been to Nebraska twice this fall so if you’re Oregon it’s good to get him back to Eugene.

No. 9 Notre Dame's night game against USC will also have a big group of talented unofficial visitors. As far as officials go, Ohio State safety transfer Isaiah Pryor is one of the headliners. ND was a school he considered strongly coming out of high school before choosing the Buckeyes. Pryor will be surrounded by guys already in the fold for Brian Kelly and his staff, part of a class that ranks No. 8. Returning to South Bend are the nation's No. 2 tight end Michael Mayer, Top247 quarterback Drew Pyne, four-star tight end Kevin Bauman and defensive end Alexander Ehrensberger.

A couple pass rushers will be in Tempe for No. 18 Arizona State’s game against Washington State. Calabasas (Calif.) High defensive end LeShaun Bell takes his first official after picking up an offer in August. Bell tweeted this week he’s at 19 sacks at basically the halfway point of his season. St. Louis (Mo.) Cardinal Ritter four-star defensive end Joe Moore seemed like a Minnesota lean at one point, then there were rumors regarding Illinois. In the end he slowed down the process and will now check out the Sun Devils. ASU currently has the No. 4 class in the Pac 12.

Indiana will host prep school receiver Alante Brown for an official visit this weekend. A Chicago native and a dynamic player for Simeon High in the 2019 class, he is a four-star potential recruit the Hoosiers would love to add. Michigan State looks like the team to beat at this point.

giphy.gif

Those were some kind words about Harris, even though he and everyone else knows whether he shows or not, he's headed to BR. 

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

not even sure that recruit gives a shit about flipping to Indiana or not, let alone anybody else

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Lol, I hope the 247 members call his bs out. What a fucking clown.

Those posters are doing exactly what Wiltfong/Elko intended - presuming they have the best visitor list. Both the RRS and LSU/Florida games have better visitor lists.

The intent with that article isn't meant to manipulate fans, though. The ATM coaching and recruiting staffs are pushing that article out to every target on their list in the hopes of swaying them to come hang out where the action is. Achane's intentions have become clear today because he had to respond to the push attached to this. He was giving multiple places a "maybe" for the weekend. We'll see some more of that today, I expect. 

It's going to be fun when Elko leaves ATM. The shine on the program will exit with Elko for ol'Steve. 

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

He says that Collins already used his Texas OV but aren't we saving that for Kansas? 

For a school that prides it’s self on military prowess they seem completely incapable of understanding the difference between tactical and strategic/logistical thinking. Having 5* QBs and WRs and no OTs is like having the best tanks but  no fuel or ammo trucks to keep them supplied, it doesn’t matter how good your weapons are if you can effectively deploy them.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2019 at 8:55 AM, Neonmoon said:

So for 2020 Class, Alfred Collins is the only one we give a shit about. I mean, I'd love Demas but that ticket has been purchased. 

OFFICIAL VISITORS
5-star Tomball WR Demond Demas (A&M commit)
4-star Camden (NJ) Woodrow Wilson DE Fadil Diggs (A&M commit)
4-star West Memphis (AR) OT Chris Morris
4-star Memphis (TN) Briarcrest Christian DT Omari Thomas
4-star Dallas Jesuit RB EJ Smith
4-star Gilbert (AZ) Higley DE Jason Harris
4-star Bastrop Cedar Creek DE Albert Collins
4-star St. Louis (MO) Lutheran North LB Antonio Doyle
4-star Manor DE Princely Umanmielen (Texas commit)
4-star Miami (FL) Gulliver Prep DE Donell Harris (maybe)
Fort Bend Hightower OG Smart Chibuzo (A&M commit)

UNOFFICIAL VISITORS
2020 4-star Charlotte (NC) Myers Park WR Muhsin Muhammad III (A&M commit)
2020 4-star Fort Bend Marshall QB Malik Hornsby
2020 Richland (NJ) St. Augustine DT Isaiah Raikes (A&M commit)
2020 Fort Bend Marshall DE/LB Warren Robinson
2020 Atascocita OL Jermarques Bailey
2020 4-star Fort Bend Marshall RB Devon Achane (maybe)
2020 Fort Bend Marshall OT Larry Moore (Texas Tech commit, maybe)

Updated

Edited by Neonmoon