Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

It's so comforting that even in our darkest times, aggy is here to help us feel better.

Also holy shit was the Ole Miss fanbase furious they lost that game. Truly exceptionally bad offensive coaching (that should at least put the stake in Matt Luke's career - he's fully a lame duck now) against a flat, boring aggy team.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's so comforting that even in our darkest times, aggy is here to help us feel better.

Also holy shit was the Ole Miss fanbase furious they lost that game. Truly exceptionally bad offensive coaching (that should at least put the stake in Matt Luke's career - he's fully a lame duck now) against a flat, boring aggy team.

When Ole Miss was up 7-3 the QB missed a wide open WR that could have walked in.  Nobody was within 10-15 yards of him.  Then you had all the redzone screwups.  

Aggy probably wins about the same way this week.  Miss. State has a freshman QB who isn't much better than what Ole Miss rolled out.  Mond probably has a few turnovers like every other game this year.

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I have to think at some point the intellectual prokaryotes that bleat "A&M IS A SLEEPING GIANT" will evolve from insisting that's the case to wondering why it's not. That will still leave them a giant leap behind those of us who already understand why, but it will be slightly less frustrating to hear.

We've got more than a century of evidence strongly indicating that ain't gonna happen. 

13 hours ago, texifornia said:

matt luke plus rich rod is a truly impressive duo. if i'm mike macintyre, i would have had to been physically restrained from going after them. 

also, please put me on the record for chris morris being a pretty good cfb tackle. great feet and long arms. we could do worse, like what we have right now.

18 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

We've got more than a century of evidence strongly indicating that ain't gonna happen. 

well, first, I am speaking specifically of the ESPN era, which is what was referenced in the video, the last 40 years. this is the third big "A&M IS A SLEEPING GIANT" cycle I can remember-- the Fran era being the first and Sumlin's first three years being the second. I'm not saying it never happened prior, but I was a child and didn't live in Texas when Sherrill was hired and was blissfully unaware there even was a Texas A&M at that time.

second, Herbstreit's half drunk commentary a few weeks ago leads me to think that maybe even mediots are starting to cotton onto the idea that having a big stadium and a willingness to overpay coaches doesn't prove a program has the requisite ingredients to win. they've fallen for that a few times now, I'm starting to think that as these guys see themselves being wrong about A&M again and again and again, they might get a little more discerning about their thought process

then again, Stewart Mandel hired TexAgs just a few weeks ago so maybe introspection's not really their bag

9 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

There's no way LSU would take Achane and Evans right? 

I don't know if they're on Achane as a RB or WR

I'm not sure. Orgeron can be unpredictable, and there might be a couple of current commits who don't end up in the class. 

15 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy probably wins about the same way this week.  Miss. State has a freshman QB who isn't much better than what Ole Miss rolled out.  Mond probably has a few turnovers like every other game this year.

Ole Miss played a dual qb system against aggy for some reason. MS State coach isn't nearly as incompetent. State won't lose to aggy. 

Edited by Chopper
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Goodman said:

That would be something because State has looked awful this year.

Ms St seems to have a pretty good run defense. They held LSU to 86 yards on 25 carries. If aggy is going to pick up yards on the ground it's going to be up to Mond. We already know Mond is extremely erratic when he tries to throw - 2 INTs against the Rebels. aggy got bailed out on Saturday by a very sloppy Ole Miss freshman qb or they likely would've lost to a very bad Ole Miss team that has absolutely nothing to play for - and showed it in the 2nd half. 

Nothing new to report from texaggy radio lately. Looch has been really luke warm on aggy since the Auburn loss, so it kinda sucks that he's lost that maroon colored kool-aid. He does say Texas is "disgustingly overrated", and have no good wins for a top 15 team, except maybe barely beating Oklahoma State at home "but needed some terrible officiating help to win" (??) 

47 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

no good wins for a top 15 team, except maybe barely beating Oklahoma State at home "but needed some terrible officiating help to win" (??)

Hate to admit that I agree with this take - except the officiating part.    I guess he is referring to the spot of the ball near the end of the game (?)

I would have changed it to “if not for Mike Gundy being a total dumbass on 4th down  “

regardless, OSU is not good and we have not beaten anyone with a pulse  

Edited by Gardner Barnes

59 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

- except the officiating part.    I guess he is referring to the spot of the ball near the end of the game (?)

I imagine him watching any Texas game and every single play that a penalty isn't called on Texas, him reacting like this.  Every play.

5260527.gif

• Like 2

*When Ngata commits to ASU*

Perroni: "While obviously not ideal, Jimbo Fisher and Co. have been in constant contact with Ngata, and he returns most of Jimbo's missed calls.  The ags have been in on Ngata longer than anyone else, so I suspect this recruitment isn't over until the ink is dry."

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

Perroni: "While obviously not ideal, Jimbo Fisher and Co. have been in constant contact with Ngata, and he returns most of Jimbo's missed calls.  The ags have been in on Ngata longer than anyone else, so I suspect this recruitment isn't over until the ink is dry."

Maybe he'll do what he did for Alford and put in a flip pick immediately after he commits. Shameless.

17 minutes ago, Fud said:

Weird deal with Larry Pryor leaving; he's started six games and is a fifth year senior, so it hurts the team now, and doesn't help with either the 2020 class size or the 85 man 2020 fall roster. 

That Pryor deal is really weird. I see that Tucker is RS, so he looks to be leaving as well. I guess all the Manvel guys are going to pack up and head out. Houston? Arkansas? SMU? Massive transfer pkg deal? Interesting times. 

Weren't the TexAggies talking about needing to get three of Achane, Ngata, and Evans? I guess they can put Evans and Achane in the calculator.

It is remarkable how few of their high level, top targets, pretty-sure-we'll-get-him, Jimbo-knows-how-to-recruit players end up with them.

All their eggs will be in the Evans basket and who the hell knows what he'll do. Probably spike a volleyball into Jimbo's nuts.

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

That Pryor deal is really weird. I see that Tucker is RS, so he looks to be leaving as well. I guess all the Manvel guys are going to pack up and head out. Houston? Arkansas? SMU? Massive transfer pkg deal? Interesting times.

Whoa Tucker's out? I thought he was like their most promising young safety before Demani showed up.

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Jalen Preston would kill it at Houston 

Just now, Fud said:

Jalen Preston would kill it at Houston 

No doubt. I expect he'd put up some huge numbers. 

Honestly, I think Roshauud Paul will find a home at Houston or SMU and do really well. Certainly as a PR he brings a lot of value but I think in those offenses his skill set would thrive instead of being suffocated by Jimbo's antiquated bullshit. 

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Whoa Tucker's out? I thought he was like their most promising young safety before Demani showed up.

I don't think the views on him were that positive. Once he had more than 1 season on campus and they couldn't spin his HS "potential" into actual player improvement he just became another safety on their team that kind of disappeared. Pretty sure we'd be mocking him quite a bit more if it weren't for Slo'Neal getting all of our mirthful attention. 

After a quick google, yeah, this isn't example seizing control of jack shit:

Defense & Fumbles

Tackles Def Int Fumbles
Year School Conf Class Pos G Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF
Career Texas A&M         55 29 84 1.0 0.0 1 19 19.0 1 5 0     1
*2017 Texas A&M SEC FR DB 8 35 20 55 1.0 0.0 1 19 19.0 1 4 0     1
*2018 Texas A&M SEC SO DB 7 19 8 27 0.0 0.0 0 0   0 1 0     0
2019 Texas A&M SEC JR DB 2 1 1 2 0.0 0.0 0 0   0 0 0     0
Edited by SydneyCarton
More Data

1 hour ago, Terry Silver said:

“Returns Jimbo Missed Calls” 

Fucking genius 

• Like 1

Pryor walked without options? When? Where do you guys get this stuff? It just appears here as matter of fact and I feel like I'm missing a thread somewhere. 

Paul walked as well? Preston is redshirting and leaving? WTF?

28 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Weren't the TexAggies talking about needing to get three of Achane, Ngata, and Evans? I guess they can put Evans and Achane in the calculator.

It is remarkable how few of their high level, top targets, pretty-sure-we'll-get-him, Jimbo-knows-how-to-recruit players end up with them.

All their eggs will be in the Evans basket and who the hell knows what he'll do. Probably spike a volleyball into Jimbo's nuts.

We're going to witness Aggie Mercenary Closing 2: Bilbo Aggins Boogaloo with this 2020 class. They've got zero momentum anywhere. They're not lighting anyone's fire with presumed wins over UTSA, Miss State and SCar. And we all agree they could lose to either MSU and SCar, hell maybe both with the wrong bounces. A repeat of the 2018 finish looks probable. They'll sift through the high-ishly rated guys with hair on their recruitment in some form from across the SEC/ACC footprint and buy a few, then make their best bid for Evans and a few others. Problem is, others will match their offer for a lot of these guys, and they'll have better stories to tell. 

And if Elko leaves? Hell. A small CFB fantasy of mine is to see Aggie Chad shitcanned, Herman rehires Traylor because he has a flash of enlightened competence, and Arkansas hires Elko to replace Chuckles the Clown Morris. Elko then lands King on signing day as Morris Jr is forced to take the last second aggie replacement offer. Shit.

• Like 2