Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Spoiler

On Demas...

8,627 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by Ryan Brauninger

Ryan Brauninger

7:04p 

Staff

We chose to delete the other thread because it was getting out of hand. 

In talking to sources so far tonight, I'm not 100% positive Demond is going to visit Oklahoma tomorrow. I have been told he is up there with friends. Obviously, this isn't an optimal development should Demas make it to the Sooners' game against Iowa State. One thing I know for absolute certainty is that Demond's relationship with the OU staff isn't anywhere close to what he's got with A&M. 

We will continue to check around tonight for the latest and provide updates when we can. 

Also, this thread is lock/staff only impending if it starts going down the road of the other. We will allow discussion on the topic, but assumptions and accusations won't be tolerated.

1edit 

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to Jsimonds58 •  7:20p 

Staff

Jsimonds58 said:

Shades of Harris and carter from last cycle. 

I thought about writing a long response to this, but I won't. 

Ryan Brauninger

7:22p 

Staff

I've spoken to a really solid source on this one. I'm waiting for more intel, but I relayed what I knew in my OP. 

Ryan Brauninger

7:25p 

Staff

Thread locked. 

Lasted nearly two pages. I had the over/under at half a page so congrats y'all 

Ryan Brauninger

8:00p 

Staff

More intel...

Still not 100% sure he's going to the game tomorrow. My source said he "may go since he's there."

My source was also not worried about Demas signing with OU

Ryan Brauninger

8:24p 

Staff

Sounds like this is something OU has been aggressively trying to get done for a while 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

On Demas...

8,627 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by Ryan Brauninger

Ryan Brauninger

7:04p 

Staff

We chose to delete the other thread because it was getting out of hand. 

In talking to sources so far tonight, I'm not 100% positive Demond is going to visit Oklahoma tomorrow. I have been told he is up there with friends. Obviously, this isn't an optimal development should Demas make it to the Sooners' game against Iowa State. One thing I know for absolute certainty is that Demond's relationship with the OU staff isn't anywhere close to what he's got with A&M. 

We will continue to check around tonight for the latest and provide updates when we can. 

Also, this thread is lock/staff only impending if it starts going down the road of the other. We will allow discussion on the topic, but assumptions and accusations won't be tolerated.

1edit 

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to Jsimonds58 •  7:20p 

Staff

Jsimonds58 said:

Shades of Harris and carter from last cycle. 

I thought about writing a long response to this, but I won't. 

Ryan Brauninger

7:22p 

Staff

I've spoken to a really solid source on this one. I'm waiting for more intel, but I relayed what I knew in my OP. 

Ryan Brauninger

7:25p 

Staff

Thread locked. 

Lasted nearly two pages. I had the over/under at half a page so congrats y'all 

Ryan Brauninger

8:00p 

Staff

More intel...

Still not 100% sure he's going to the game tomorrow. My source said he "may go since he's there."

My source was also not worried about Demas signing with OU

Ryan Brauninger

8:24p 

Staff

Sounds like this is something OU has been aggressively trying to get done for a while 

Imagine being in Norman fucking shithole Oklahoma and not going to the game...the fuck is he going to do if he’s not at the game? Smoke meth behind dennys? Try to pull a “hey mister” at a gas station to get some 3.2% keystone lights? Go get $.25 wings at Applebee’s? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Our #1 recruit is visiting another school, please go talk about it somewhere else, because you aren't talking about it here.

Holy shit.  L O fucking hahahahhaa   They are insane, truly   

. We will allow discussion on the topic, but assumptions and accusations won't be tolerated.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

The Ministry locking threads and spreading the word that "All is well". Looks like it may be time to fire up the Kermit heroin gif soon.

I got my kit out after the twats started capitalizing ‘class leader’

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 1

Brandon Drumm / OU 247 

(Also posted on the OU thread.)

Spoiler

SoonerScoop Josh McCuistion tweeted out that OU was hosting 5-star WR Demand Demas this weekend.

I was told earlier this week that was a possibility, but nothing more came of it so good get by Josh.

In the meantime, I have spoken to a person with knowledge of the situation in an exchange of messages. Here is what I know:

Demas and OU have been back in contact for just a bit and Demas and the Sooners seem to have hit it off a bit.

I’m told Demas is on campus at this moment and will be at the game tomorrow night to see OU take on ISU.

Lastly, OU did get a commitment on offensive end and being that I hinted more to that on the actual thread, I asked if OU had numbers to take Demas and the commit that has yet to go public. The source said they would, so this might be something watch. I’m just a bit skeptical because of how committed Demas has been to A&M.

I’m gonna ask around and see what I can find out, but this is gonna be intriguing to watch play out, regardless.

5 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

I got my kit out after the twats started capitalizing ‘class leader’

They're so weird. You would think that Demas' highest goal is to be the A&M class leader and that he'd better watch out or he may lose the job. How can you be Class Leader if you commit to OU? This won't look good for Demas in the report. Corporate will likely demote him if he's a Sooner. He better straighten up and fly right or he'll lose his title to Smart Chibuzo.

I hope he flips. I don't care that we have to play him. We recruit well, so we'll have the talent to match up if we get the coaching and scheming and right. The world is better when Texas and OU play for national consequences.

Will he flip? The show is more fun than knowing the answer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

I don’t understand people wanting a player of his caliber going to OU over aggy. We’ll likely never play aggy and they’ll never play for anything significant, so let players who don’t want to be here rot in that CS shithole. 

It reminds me of aggys happy about a player choosing LSU or Bama over Texas. “Yep, he’ll be part of the reason we lose for the next few years but at least he didn’t go to those da-gum sips!”

Do you no like things that are funny as shit?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

I don’t understand people wanting a player of his caliber going to OU over aggy. We’ll likely never play aggy and they’ll never play for anything significant, so let players who don’t want to be here rot in that CS shithole. 

It reminds me of aggys happy about a player choosing LSU or Bama over Texas. “Yep, he’ll be part of the reason we lose for the next few years but at least he didn’t go to those da-gum sips!”

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Do you no like things that are funny as shit?

I'm consoled by the fact that both sides are saying him going to OU is unlikely. I'm thrilled by how hilarious it is that their Class Leader™ is visiting another school and see it as the flood gates opening for future visits to LSU, Bama, etc. 

On 11/9/2019 at 1:36 PM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I wouldn’t call this kid going ceedee lamb on us for 3 years funny.

but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Fretting doesn't float my boat, nor does harboring the absurd hope that OU won't get great players.

But I am absolutely sure that what I hope happens will have great impact on what does happen. Focusness.

• Haha 1