Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

This is when I wish I had twitter. Not a single team aggy has beaten has a winning record.  Only one has a winning conference record, UTSA. 

TxSt  3-6 overall, 2-3 in conference

Lamar 4-6 overall, 2-5 in conference 

Ark 2-8 overall, 0-6 in conference 

Miss 4-6 overall, 2-4 in conference

State 4-5 overall, 2-4 in conference 

UTSA 4-5 overall, 3-2 in conference 

The aggys are pure trash, who can only beat up on trash. They should be reminded constantly.   Hey Billy, y’all plan on beating a bowl eligible team this year? 

Wiltfong / Aggie 247

Team to watch leading up to Early Signing Period: Texas A&M

Spoiler

With just over a month till the Early Signing Period begins on Dec. 18, Texas A&M has a chance to be one of the more exciting programs to follow down the stretch of this 2020 recruiting cycle.

Head coach Jimbo Fisher and his staff are in on a lot of talent aiming to add to a class currently ranked No. 7 according to the 247Sports Composite Team Rankings.

However, there aren’t many layups from here on out as well. These are some tight recruiting battles the Aggies are in.

—

Looking at the ones you may feel good about.

The crown jewel out there is the No. 3 cornerback in the Top247 Player Rankings in Kansas City (Mo.) Baytown Top247 cornerback Dontae Manning who is fresh off a strong official to Arizona State. He heads to Oregon this weekend and Georgia gets him in December. The Aggies have looked like the one to beat since hosting Manning for their official back in June. The relationship has remained strong including Maurice Linguist going to see him over the bye week. I still like my Texas A&M pick but we’ll see where things go.

Same with Top247 linebacker Antonio Doyle. Another Missouri product, Texas A&M has been the leader for much of this recruitment but a resurgence by Illinois this year has tightened up this recruitment for the St. Louis (Mo.) Lutheran North talent. Hearing this one is now going back and forth.

It would not be a surprise if the No. 2 JUCO cornerback in the country Brian George landed in this class. He took his official the weekend of Oct. 11 and Texas A&M was really appealing to the coveted defensive back.

—

I believe the Aggies could add a couple more running backs in 2020. They’re the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for Devon Achane as they battle LSU and Houston among others for the blazing fast touchdown maker from Missouri City (Texas) Fort Bend Marshall.

At one point Texas A&M was the unquestioned leader for the No. 2 all-purpose back in the country Daniyel Ngata following a summer official but it was Oklahoma State and then Arizona State that had momentum during the fall before Ngata postponed a commitment announcement. Through it all communication has remained consistent with the Aggies and they’re still in this one.

—

There’s a couple high-profile offensive linemen on the board. There is Garrett Hayes out of Athens (Texas) High, the nation’s No. 5 offensive tackle and No. 46 prospect overall in the Top247. Texas A&M is in their swinging with Baylor, TCU and Oklahoma. I believe if things improve for Carthage (Texas) High Top247 offensive tackle Ty’kieast Crawford off the field he’s someone we’ll see Fisher and his staff push for.

—

In the SEC you’re going to keep pushing for defensive linemen to the final buzzer. Omari Thomas and McKinnley Jackson are Top247 prospects high on the Aggies, and Alfred Collins and Princely Umanmielen are two more Top247 recruits on the board.

—

Texas A&M has 20 commits and several spots remaining in this class as Fisher and company try and follow up the No. 4 class in 2019 with another big-time group this go-round.

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

Wiltfong / Aggie 247

Team to watch leading up to Early Signing Period: Texas A&M

Reveal hidden contents

With just over a month till the Early Signing Period begins on Dec. 18, Texas A&M has a chance to be one of the more exciting programs to follow down the stretch of this 2020 recruiting cycle.

Head coach Jimbo Fisher and his staff are in on a lot of talent aiming to add to a class currently ranked No. 7 according to the 247Sports Composite Team Rankings.

However, there aren’t many layups from here on out as well. These are some tight recruiting battles the Aggies are in.

—

Looking at the ones you may feel good about.

The crown jewel out there is the No. 3 cornerback in the Top247 Player Rankings in Kansas City (Mo.) Baytown Top247 cornerback Dontae Manning who is fresh off a strong official to Arizona State. He heads to Oregon this weekend and Georgia gets him in December. The Aggies have looked like the one to beat since hosting Manning for their official back in June. The relationship has remained strong including Maurice Linguist going to see him over the bye week. I still like my Texas A&M pick but we’ll see where things go.

Same with Top247 linebacker Antonio Doyle. Another Missouri product, Texas A&M has been the leader for much of this recruitment but a resurgence by Illinois this year has tightened up this recruitment for the St. Louis (Mo.) Lutheran North talent. Hearing this one is now going back and forth.

It would not be a surprise if the No. 2 JUCO cornerback in the country Brian George landed in this class. He took his official the weekend of Oct. 11 and Texas A&M was really appealing to the coveted defensive back.

—

I believe the Aggies could add a couple more running backs in 2020. They’re the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for Devon Achane as they battle LSU and Houston among others for the blazing fast touchdown maker from Missouri City (Texas) Fort Bend Marshall.

At one point Texas A&M was the unquestioned leader for the No. 2 all-purpose back in the country Daniyel Ngata following a summer official but it was Oklahoma State and then Arizona State that had momentum during the fall before Ngata postponed a commitment announcement. Through it all communication has remained consistent with the Aggies and they’re still in this one.

—

There’s a couple high-profile offensive linemen on the board. There is Garrett Hayes out of Athens (Texas) High, the nation’s No. 5 offensive tackle and No. 46 prospect overall in the Top247. Texas A&M is in their swinging with Baylor, TCU and Oklahoma. I believe if things improve for Carthage (Texas) High Top247 offensive tackle Ty’kieast Crawford off the field he’s someone we’ll see Fisher and his staff push for.

—

In the SEC you’re going to keep pushing for defensive linemen to the final buzzer. Omari Thomas and McKinnley Jackson are Top247 prospects high on the Aggies, and Alfred Collins and Princely Umanmielen are two more Top247 recruits on the board.

—

Texas A&M has 20 commits and several spots remaining in this class as Fisher and company try and follow up the No. 4 class in 2019 with another big-time group this go-round.

You sure Looch or Perroni didn’t write that one up??

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

b     o     m     c

Hide contents

EJOIhoCX0AEranI?format=jpg&name=smallEJOIiENWoAE2nkb?format=jpg&name=smallEJOIihwWwAI6pjX?format=png&name=small

I can play that game as well. Texas lost to LSU and OU, both of whom would boat race aggy. Texas also played OSU and KSU. Both games would tossups with aggy struggling to win either game. I got nothing for TCU, but with aggy playing 2 G5 teams and a FCS, it balances out. aggy is easily a 3-5 loss team right now with Texas's schedule.

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

b     o     m     c

Hide contents

EJOIhoCX0AEranI?format=jpg&name=smallEJOIiENWoAE2nkb?format=jpg&name=smallEJOIihwWwAI6pjX?format=png&name=small

Man, than last part is aggy logic at its best. Someone actually thought about that then typed it out.   

Your team lost 3 games.  Our team lost 3 games.  But there's no way you could beat any of the teams that beat us, therefore you are a 6 loss team.  

Painful

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Man, than last part is aggy logic at its best. Someone actually thought about that then typed it out.   

Your team lost 3 games.  Our team lost 3 games.  But there's no way you could beat any of the teams that beat us, therefore you are a 6 loss team.  

Painful

it gets worse

what if the only teams we had played were Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and LSU? well then we'd be FUCKING WINLESS

12 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Painful Stupidity

fify

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

Notice aggy never boasts about who they've beaten, only teams they've lost to.  Because they haven't beaten anyone with a heartbeat nor will they all season.

Yeah, I was gonna say... who have they beaten that could have won against any of the 3 loss Big 12 teams? Therefore the Big 12 teams are really all... undefeated? 

Anyone still wonder why shit aggy builds falls down?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Some background on the Power 5 teams that Texas and Aggie have defeated so far this year.

Power 5 wins
Texas - 4 (2 with a winning record)
Aggie - 3 (None with a winning record)

Combined overall record of Power 5 teams Texas and Aggie defeated
Texas - 18 - 18
Aggie - 10 - 19

Total P5 wins for all the P5 teams that Texas and Aggie defeated
Texas - 12
Aggie - 4 (yikes)
( - In case this point wasn't clear, the P5 teams Texas defeated - Ok State, WV, KU, K State - themselves have a combined 12 wins over P5 teams.   
- The P5 teams the Aggies defeated - Arky, Ole Miss, Miss State - have a total of 4.)

TEXAS A&M

Def Arky
Arky record 2-8
Power 5 wins
- None

Def Ole Miss
Ole Miss record 4-6
2 wins over Power 5
- Arky
- Vandy

Def Miss State
Miss State record 4-5
2 wins over Power 5
- Arky
- UK

TEXAS

Def Ok State
Ok State record 6-3
4 wins over Power 5
- Ore State
- K State
- Iowa State
- TCU

Def WV
WV record 3-6
2 wins over P5
- NC State
- KU

Def KU
KU record 3-6
2 wins over P5
- Boston College
- Texas Tech

Def K State
K State record 6-3
4 wins over P5
- Miss State
- TCU
- Oklahoma
- KU

Plus, if you look past P5 wins to G5 wins, La Tech (8-1) has more wins than UTSA (4-5) and Texas State (3-6) combined

That really doesn't mean anything at all but it's a fun fact

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Plus, if you look past P5 wins to G5 wins, La Tech (8-1) has more wins than UTSA (4-5) and Texas State (3-6) combined

That really doesn't mean anything at all but it's a fun fact

True.  

And Lamar has a losing record, as well ... so the Ags haven't defeated a team - P5 or otherwise - with a record > 0.500.

• Like 1

A chuckle-worthy update from Perroni / Aggie 247, on Zach Evans.

(Also posted on the Texas thread because ... Evans.)

Spoiler

I know there are reports that he will be officially visiting this weekend. I did some checking and one source close to him said it is still up in the air.

He had said he was planning to because somebody told him that A&M was playing USC this weekend. He has a teammate from last year that plays for the Trojans in DB Dorian Hewett. But when he realized that it meant South Carolina, he decided he might wait to use his official later.

This also shows you that kids don’t pay attention to every single game of all the schools recruiting them, so week in and week out is not as big a deal as some people think.

• Like 1

A chuckle-worthy update from Perroni / Aggie 247, on Zach Evans.

(Also posted on the Texas thread because ... Evans.)

Spoiler

I know there are reports that he will be officially visiting this weekend. I did some checking and one source close to him said it is still up in the air.

He had said he was planning to because somebody told him that A&M was playing USC this weekend. He has a teammate from last year that plays for the Trojans in DB Dorian Hewett. But when he realized that it meant South Carolina, he decided he might wait to use his official later.

This also shows you that kids don’t pay attention to every single game of all the schools recruiting them, so week in and week out is not as big a deal as some people think.

gforcespincat.gif