Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

hahahaha...the best thing is that STILL believe that they "stuck our noses up at so many talented corners".

They literally believe ANYTHING their $9.95ers tell them, which is only what they want to hear and cannot see that it is bullshit.

Sure thing aggies. Jimbo "backed off". It is definitely NOT that they couldn't stand you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

hahahaha...the best thing is that STILL believe that they "stuck our noses up at so many talented corners".

They literally believe ANYTHING their $9.95ers tell them, which is only what they want to hear and cannot see that it is bullshit.

Sure thing aggies. Jimbo "backed off". It is definitely NOT that they couldn't stand you.

I have to admit, I am starting to wonder what their DB strategy is. They have whiffed on so many corners that I could be convinced that the strategy is to just sign safeties and move them to corner.

Not unlike their "strategy" with OTs. It's bizarre.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Not unlike their "strategy" with OTs. It's bizarre.

That one is just baffling to me. The college ranks are chock full of 3* tackles who developed into something great, but not a single OG moved to OT who was worth warm spit (because, you know... guards aren't tackles). Still, aggy insists on putting guards at tackle.

• Like 1

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

That one is just baffling to me. The college ranks are chock full of 3* tackles who developed into something great, but not a single OG moved to OT who was worth warm spit (because, you know... guards aren't tackles). Still, aggy insists on putting guards at tackle.

Kenyon Green has struggled mightily at guard, but he’s going to be an NFL tackle / Looch 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

Robinson is one of their best coaches. He’s responsible for getting a few of Baylor’s standouts on defense, and he got good players at Temple as well. I’d imagine Schiano would have to give him a co-DC title to get him up to Piscataway.

or it could remain true that Jimbo is just a dick and any chance to get away from him will be jumped at.

Brian PerroniSTAFF

Posted on 5 mins, V I P, User Since 197 months ago, User Post Count: 0

5 minsVIP

197 months

-In case you missed it last night, A&M defensive tackle commit Dallas Walker will be making his way to town this coming weekend on an unofficial visit. That is big news considering he is coming off an official to Auburn this past weekend and also had made two unofficial visits to Auburn in the past month.

The Tigers are still pushing for him but I expect him to remain committed to A&M and sign with the Aggies next Wednesday.

-Four-star St. Louis LB Antonio Doyle is set to announce his decision this coming Monday. Illinois is playing the distance card and has some support from some people around Doyle, but he really likes A&M. I believe the Aggies will win this one.

-There are three A&M commits officially visiting this weekend – DT Isaiah Raikes, S Antonio Johnson and DE Donell Harris. In addition, uncommitted four-star LB Edgerrin Cooper from Louisiana is also an official visitor.

Raikes and Johnson are locked into A&M and will help sway the other two. Harris got back from an official to Florida this past weekend and the Gators have him ahead of Morven Joseph as their final defensive end target. But, A&M gets the last visit just prior to Signing Day and there is a reason he committed to the Aggies in the first place. Look for Raikes to do a ton of recruiting with him.

Johnson received a visit on Monday from Jimbo Fisher, Mike Elko and Ishmael Aristide. A&M is using Coach Ish in spot roles on the road and pulling other coaches off for the days he is out. He has also been down to South Florida this fall as well and is one of Harris’ main recruiters.

Cooper recently decommitted from Oklahoma and is now looking for a new home. While he says he plans to wait until February to sign, it is not completely out of the question that he signs early if this coming weekend goes really well.

-A&M will have a bunch of other commits in addition to Walker that will be in town on unofficial visits this coming weekend as well. Look for Demond Demas, Jaylon Jones, Akinola Ogunbiyi and a few others to be there recruiting for the Aggies.

-After Darrell Dickey visited him for the second time in two weeks, A&M made an offer to Kilgore J.C. four-star WR Omar Manning on Monday evening.

Manning is not signing until February, so A&M can wait and see what the numbers in the current class plus the attrition (transfers, NFL entrants) numbers look like before deciding whether to push.

The one big concern is if he will be able to get out in May. Academics forced him from TCU to the JUCO route and are an issue. Also, TCU is a major player to get him back on campus and could be considered the current favorite.

We will know more around the time after the bowl game as to if A&M will push.

-North Shore five-star RB Zachary Evans is the talk of both the A&M and LSU fanbases, and for good reason. He is the nation’s top-ranked back and will be deciding between those two schools.

Evans’ recruitment changes all the time and I always talk to a lot of people before putting out any kind of opinion on him.

He was scheduled to commit last week and it was going to be for LSU. However, he agreed with the Under Armour game to announce there on Jan. 2 instead. He will likely still sign next week and then ask the school to keep it quiet, but he could also elect not to sign and just show up on campus at his school of choice in January.

At this point, I still think it will be LSU. However, Fisher has yet to use his in-home visit with Evans and the running back making his way to Aggieland this past Sunday for an unofficial visit was not a bad thing at all.

If A&M does not end up with Evans, they will likely get one of EJ Smith or Daniyel Ngata.

-Though Fisher visited him last week and the Aggies feel good about keeping him in the fold, four-star West Memphis, Ark., offensive line commit Chris Morris is still set to officially visit Miami this coming weekend. I expect him to still sign with A&M next week, though.

Four-star defensive end Fadil Diggs will be taking an official visit to Maryland this coming weekend but, like Morris, I believe he will end up an Aggie. Fisher was in South Jersey today to see both Raikes and Diggs.

-There is not much new on 4-star Mississippi DT McKinnley Jackson. He is dominating so far at practices for the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game.

Jackson plans to wait until Signing Day in February to announce and still has three official visits left, including to A&M the weekend before Signing Day.

-At cornerback, Dontae Manning is looking like he is headed to either Oregon or Georgia. JUCO CB Brian George is likely Auburn-bound.

That leaves JUCO CB Ronald Williams as the main target. He is pretty much an A&M/Alabama battle and it is probably 50/50 between the two right now. He plans to decide after his upcoming official to Ole Miss this coming weekend.

In case you missed it yesterday, one-time A&M commit Scooby Carter is still technically in the transfer portal, but is expected to remain at Alabama.

-I still believe Texas offensive tackle transfer Javonne Shepherd will end up at A&M in January. There has been talk about him possibly remaining in Austin, but I’ve been told that is not likely at all.

There has also been talk about him heading the junior college route, but I’ve been told he does not want to do that either

4 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Brian PerroniSTAFF

5 minsVIP

197 months

-In case you missed it last night, A&M defensive tackle commit Dallas Walker will be making his way to town this coming weekend on an unofficial visit. That is big news considering he is coming off an official to Auburn this past weekend and also had made two unofficial visits to Auburn in the past month.

The Tigers are still pushing for him but I expect him to remain committed to A&M and sign with the Aggies next Wednesday.

-Four-star St. Louis LB Antonio Doyle is set to announce his decision this coming Monday. Illinois is playing the distance card and has some support from some people around Doyle, but he really likes A&M. I believe the Aggies will win this one.

-There are three A&M commits officially visiting this weekend – DT Isaiah Raikes, S Antonio Johnson and DE Donell Harris. In addition, uncommitted four-star LB Edgerrin Cooper from Louisiana is also an official visitor.

Raikes and Johnson are locked into A&M and will help sway the other two. Harris got back from an official to Florida this past weekend and the Gators have him ahead of Morven Joseph as their final defensive end target. But, A&M gets the last visit just prior to Signing Day and there is a reason he committed to the Aggies in the first place. Look for Raikes to do a ton of recruiting with him.

Johnson received a visit on Monday from Jimbo Fisher, Mike Elko and Ishmael Aristide. A&M is using Coach Ish in spot roles on the road and pulling other coaches off for the days he is out. He has also been down to South Florida this fall as well and is one of Harris’ main recruiters.

Cooper recently decommitted from Oklahoma and is now looking for a new home. While he says he plans to wait until February to sign, it is not completely out of the question that he signs early if this coming weekend goes really well.

-A&M will have a bunch of other commits in addition to Walker that will be in town on unofficial visits this coming weekend as well. Look for Demond Demas, Jaylon Jones, Akinola Ogunbiyi and a few others to be there recruiting for the Aggies.

-After Darrell Dickey visited him for the second time in two weeks, A&M made an offer to Kilgore J.C. four-star WR Omar Manning on Monday evening.

Manning is not signing until February, so A&M can wait and see what the numbers in the current class plus the attrition (transfers, NFL entrants) numbers look like before deciding whether to push.

The one big concern is if he will be able to get out in May. Academics forced him from TCU to the JUCO route and are an issue. Also, TCU is a major player to get him back on campus and could be considered the current favorite.

-North Shore five-star RB Zachary Evans is the talk of both the A&M and LSU fanbases, and for good reason. He is the nation’s top-ranked back and will be deciding between those two schools.

Evans’ recruitment changes all the time and I always talk to a lot of people before putting out any kind of opinion on him.

He was scheduled to commit last week and it was going to be for LSU. However, he agreed with the Under Armour game to announce there on Jan. 2 instead. He will likely still sign next week and then ask the school to keep it quiet, but he could also elect not to sign and just show up on campus at his school of choice in January.

At this point, I still think it will be LSU. However, Fisher has yet to use his in-home visit with Evans and the running back making his way to Aggieland this past Sunday for an unofficial visit was not a bad thing at all.

If A&M does not end up with Evans, they will likely get one of EJ Smith or Daniyel Ngata.

-Though Fisher visited him last week and the Aggies feel good about keeping him in the fold, four-star West Memphis, Ark., offensive line commit Chris Morris is still set to officially visit Miami this coming weekend. I expect him to still sign with A&M next week, though.

Four-star defensive end Fadil Diggs will be taking an official visit to Maryland this coming weekend but, like Morris, I believe he will end up an Aggie. Fisher was in South Jersey today to see both Raikes and Diggs.

-There is not much new on 4-star Mississippi DT McKinnley Jackson. He is dominating so far at practices for the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game.

Jackson plans to wait until Signing Day in February to announce and still has three official visits left, including to A&M the weekend before Signing Day.

-At cornerback, Dontae Manning is looking like he is headed to either Oregon or Georgia. JUCO CB Brian George is likely Auburn-bound.

That leaves JUCO CB Ronald Williams as the main target. He is pretty much an A&M/Alabama battle and it is probably 50/50 between the two right now. He plans to decide after his upcoming official to Ole Miss this coming weekend.

In case you missed it yesterday, one-time A&M commit Scooby Carter is still technically in the transfer portal, but is expected to remain at Alabama.

-I still believe Texas offensive tackle transfer Javonne Shepherd will end up at A&M in January. There has been talk about him possibly remaining in Austin, but I’ve been told that is not likely at all.

There has also been talk about him heading the junior college route, but I’ve been told he does not want to do that either

Didn’t Jimbo used to have some kind of no visit policy? That definitely isn’t the case now 

10 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Sometimes it isn't your choice whether or not you go to JUCO.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

I didn't know this was allowed. I thought either you had to have a coaching vacancy for a guy like that to fill, or one of the ten coaches has to have a health issue that keeps him from traveling during the period 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

I didn't know this was allowed. I thought either you had to have a coaching vacancy for a guy like that to fill, or one of the ten coaches has to have a health issue that keeps him from traveling during the period 

Aggy break the rules? that's unpossible 

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Unless a coach is leaving for another job/fired/resigned etc., you can't just pull your regular coaches and put in your recruiting coaches. 

I understand. I'm saying either they're breaking rules, which usually results in not being able to recruit whichever prospects that were involved for several months, or they have a coach leaving that they haven't announced yet 

23 minutes ago, Fud said:

It's not, or at least it didn't used to be. LSU had to petition to put Thomas on the road when their old AF coach had health issues. You can't just fucking willy nilly it when some coach claims to have a day off. So they're cheating. 

Pretty sure you have to announce a coach is leaving before they can hit the road. But either way would love for it to be Elko. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's not, or at least it didn't used to be. LSU had to petition to put Thomas on the road when their old AF coach had health issues. You can't just fucking willy nilly it when some coach claims to have a day off. So they're cheating. 

Pretty sure you have to announce a coach is leaving before they can hit the road. But either way would love for it to be Elko. 

Would be a shame if they got reported 

Robinson could absolutely leave A&M for Rutgers. One of his best friends is Fran Brown who just got hired to be the secondary coach / co-DC. They were both on staff at Temple under Rhule and both were on Baylor's staff in Rhule's first year.

Jimbo tried to get Robinson from Baylor and got turned down cold, so Jimbo money whipped him to the point Baylor couldn't compete. He's got zero long term interest in being at Aggieland. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Farkimedes said:

Robinson could absolutely leave A&M for Rutgers. One of his best friends is Fran Brown who just got hired to be the secondary coach / co-DC. They were both on staff at Temple under Rhule and both were on Baylor's staff in Rhule's first year.

Jimbo tried to get Robinson from Baylor and got turned down cold, so Jimbo money whipped him to the point Baylor couldn't compete. He's got zero long term interest in being at Aggieland. 

If he left for Rutgers and got the 2 New Jersey kids to flip and that Tennessee DT flips to Auburn that would leave aggy with only the mercenary DE from Florida that's currently taking OV's.

5 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Brian PerroniSTAFF

5 minsVIP

197 months

Love how a bunch of aggy commits and targets are taking visits and OV's elsewhere but all is good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

I agree with this, but don't overlook Rutgers in the future. Schiano is building a great staff there, and they'll have a shot with every player from NJ. 

Jimbo will just have to open up his New Hampshire pipeline. 

22 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Love how a bunch of aggy commits and targets are taking visits and OV's elsewhere but all is good.

Well, I mean, they were blown away when they went College Station where Jimbo laid out the red carpet and made the visit a home run. Now that they know about being an Aggie, why would they go anywhere else?