Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Fuck that.  Dude is going to be an instant impact player, even playing behind a shitty oline. 

No one's issue with him is his ability to play football (although even that gets knocked down by the whole "gets suspended a lot" thing).

LSU has shown they can handle problem cases - hello Marcel Brooks! - aggy hasn't.

12 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

It would be hard to believe he was trapdoored. Either he can’t school well or Aggy could have doubled their offer since they have no CBs and didn’t have anyone on the radar 

He was definitely trapdoored 

I'm guessing Evans gave A&M a silent.. which means nothing from Evans. These coaches shouldn't trust a word coming out of his mouth. I think he ends up at LSU still (assuming a Bama/Georgia type doesn't swoop in last second), and is driving up the price and drama 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's an interesting trap door. Kid was underrated when aTm was all over him, but he blew up later. I haven't looked at his tape, but he's a highly ranked kid. Seemed like he was LSU good, plus from the boot. 

He got wrecked at camps while trying to play corner. Remember clips of Bijan beating DBs for touchdowns? Anyway, supposedly he didn't have a great senior year. 

So far they've trapdoored like eight kids, and this is the second or third Louisiana kid. They've also trapdoored a Lancaster and a Shadow Creek kid; two talented big time Tex programs. Next up is supposedly Demon Clowney, with their lowly ranked TE as another potential trapdoor if they need to create room. Orgeron just doesn't give a fuck at this point, and if he wins a national championship, Louisiana locals won't give a shit about trapdoored kids. If their coaches get mad, the locals will run them off. 

Supposedly, recently a highly rated WR committed to another school reached out to them, and they'll likely flip him. Guesses have been Georgia commit Rosemy and Oregon commit Johnny Wilson; both have teammates committed to LSU. 

They're en fuego, although Clemson is flipping an LSU safety commit that they actually want. 

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

He got wrecked at camps while trying to play corner. Remember clips of Bijan beating DBs for touchdowns? Anyway, supposedly he didn't have a great senior year. 

So far they've trapdoored like eight kids, and this is the second or third Louisiana kid. They've also trapdoored a Lancaster and a Shadow Creek kid; two talented big time Tex programs. Next up is supposedly Demon Clowney, with their lowly ranked TE as another potential trapdoor if they need to create room. Orgeron just doesn't give a fuck at this point, and if he wins a national championship, Louisiana locals won't give a shit about trapdoored kids. If their coaches get mad, the locals will run them off. 

Supposedly, recently a highly rated WR committed to another school reached out to them, and they'll likely flip him. Guesses have been Georgia commit Rosemy and Oregon commit Johnny Wilson; both have teammates committed to LSU. 

They're en fuego, although Clemson is flipping an LSU safety commit that they actually want. 

Thanks.

Someone above posted that Johnny Wilson is giving Arizona State a serious look. God I wish we could get Antonio Pierce. 

9 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Soooo what is your concern?

Concern? More irritation that these fucksticks are going to back their way into a generational back. Cancers in the locker room come from lack of playing time and losing. He’ll be an immediate starter, and their schedule is high school level until November.  Add that to Demas and they’ve got a very solid duo.  And NS connection opened up to boot.  I’d be much happier if they got the most non-cancerous highest moral 3* nobody over a potential bad apple who’s been talked about as the best back since AD. 

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Concern? More irritation that these fucksticks are going to back their way into a generational back. Cancers in the locker room come from lack of playing time and losing. He’ll be an immediate starter, and their schedule is high school level until November.  Add that to Demas and they’ve got a very solid duo.  And NS connection opened up to boot.  I’d be much happier if they got the most non-cancerous highest moral 3* nobody over a potential bad apple who’s been talked about as the best back since AD. 

Satya sock confirmed.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Take away the head case issues and I still don’t think Evans is a generational back

Very well might not be. Maybe the next Christine Michael. But pretty sure he’ll be an upgrade over what they are trotting out there at the moment. 

13 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

If they do land Zach.. aggy twitter will be RT'ing the #1 QB/WR/RB in the state pic from here on out til one of them transfers like clockwork

I’m sure. Hasn’t King taken a significant bump down decently? Doesn’t matter, Looch still uses 5* to describe 4* aggy commits, and 4* to describe 3*s they land. He wrote it, so it must be true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's an interesting trap door. Kid was underrated when aTm was all over him, but he blew up later. I haven't looked at his tape, but he's a highly ranked kid. Seemed like he was LSU good, plus from the boot. 

he's a hell of a player, but i don't think he can play corner at the next level. lsu's in state recruiting is hilarious. 

45 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Take away the head case issues and I still don’t think Evans is a generational back

I'm kind of in this boat too. I haven't watched him enough to make a bold "Sam Bradford seems like he sucks" call that would backfire curse him into a Heisman trophy, but the few times I did see him, I never thought I was seeing a generational talent. An excellent running back? Sure. But Adrian Peterson-level can't miss hall of fame level level running back? I didn't get that impression.

37 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Sounds like a Linguist Special. Enjoy him and Jaylon Jones at CB for the next four years!

i'm on record as thinking jaylon jones can play cb. i don't think burns can, nor do i think he ends up our class. 

7 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I'm kind of in this boat too. I haven't watched him enough to make a bold "Sam Bradford seems like he sucks" call that would backfire curse him into a Heisman trophy, but the few times I did see him, I never thought I was seeing a generational talent. An excellent running back? Sure. But Adrian Peterson-level can't miss hall of fame level level running back? I didn't get that impression.

he reminds me a ton of christine michael. tests off the chart, but something seems missing from his vision / production that the truly elite have. 

• Like 1

Hamm lite

It is the final weekend before the Early Signing Period. That means it is a change for colleges to get the last shot at players that are signing early. Almost every Texas A&M commit and target plans to sign this coming Wednesday, so it is a big weekend for the Aggies.

A&M will be hosting a trio of official visitors, with three of those being current commitments. The other is a four-star prospect from a neighboring state.

Starting with the biggest visitor, the Aggies are working to hold off Florida from trying to flip national top-100 defensive end Donell Harris from Miami (Fla.) Gulliver Prep. The 6-foot-4, 220-pound defender committed to A&M last month, but said at the time he still plannned to take official visits.

He was in Gainesville for an official this past weekend and Gator head coach Dan Mullen had his in-home visit on Wednesday. Harris, who has been to Aggieland twice before on unofficial visits, hosted Jimbo Fisher and Ishmael Aristide on Tuesday, though.

The Aggies will get the final shot at Harris in a battle that in-state Florida has made close. He plans to announce his final decision on Wednesday and this weekend could go a long way toward making sure it will still be Texas A&M.

The other two commits that will be in town on officials are solid in their pledges.

Richland (N.J.) St. Augustine defensive tackle Isaiah Raikes committed to the Aggies over the summer and has remained firm since. He unofficially visited during the season, but saved his official for now. As an early enrollee, the 6-foot-0.5, 324-pound defender will move in next month and go through spring ball with the team.

East St. Louis, Ill., four-star safety Antonio Johnson committed to Texas A&M in late September. However, with his team going on a long state championship run that just ended two weeks ago, he was unable to take an official during the season. The 6-foot-2, 180-pound defender will use his this weekend as well. There is a chance that, like Raikes, he will enroll in January as well.

The final official visitor is a relatively new target.

Covington, La., four-star linebacker Edgerrin Cooper had been a longtime Oklahoma pledge before decommitting late last month. Shortly before he opened things up, A&M extended an offer to the 6-foot-1.5, 210-pound defender.

Cooper says he plans to wait until February to sign but, if things go well over the weekend and A&M pushes, it is not out of the question that he could make a decision and then sign next week. Mississippi State is currently the Aggies' biggest competition for him and he has yet to officially visit Starkville.

In addition to the official visitors, there will be some commits in town on unofficials to hang out as well as help recruit. Five-star wide receiver Demond Demas is the leader of the class and will once again be in Aggieland. He made it to every home game this season. National top-50 cornerback Jaylon Jones will also be there, as well four-star offensive guard Akinola Ogunbiyi.

In addition, Smyrna, Tenn., defensive tackle Dallas Walker is coming on an unofficial as well. That is big because he spent this past weekend on an official to Auburn, which was his third trip there in a month. The Tigers seemed to have momentum, so it's a big deal that he is coming to A&M on his own dime to simply hang out just before the signing period.

Though there will be a number of visitors at A&M, a couple Aggie pledges will be elsewhere this weekend.

Camden (N.J.) Woodrow Wilson four-star defensive end Fadil Diggs, the New Jersey Gatorade Player of the Year, has set up an official to Maryland. Mike Locksley is playing the distance factor but Fisher visiting Diggs on Tuesday and it still seems likely he signs with A&M.

Four-star West Memphis, Ark., offensive lineman Chris Morris had planned to make a trip to Miami this weekend but canceled that midweek. He now is set to officially visit Ole Miss and new head coach Lane Kiffin instead. While it is never ideal to have a commit visit elsewhere late, it would be a surprise if he switched from his A&M pledge

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

They’ve dropped like six or eight kids already, and have another one or two they’ll drop if they need to 

That shit needs to end. I hope the NCAA sacks up and does something about that similar to how they actually addressed the grey shirt rules.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

That shit needs to end. I hope the NCAA sacks up and does something about that similar to how they actually addressed the grey shirt rules.

I’m fine with it, since kids drop schools all of the time. I’d like for programs/coaches  to get blackballed from high schools if they pull that shit though, and some high school coaches will do that, but most won’t

• Like 2

Just now, Fud said:

I’m fine with it, since kids drop schools all of the time. I’d like for programs/coaches  to get blackballed from high schools if they pull that shit though, and some high school coaches will do that, but most won’t

Yeah no Louisiana coach is gonna black ball LSU or he'll be out of a job by the end of the day

6 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Even moreso.. I mean the coaches can't even do anything when satellite camps get cancelled because of LSU not wanting certain school in the area.. not knowing that they are effecting the second/third tier kids.  

Third world countries don’t care about collateral damage

• Like 3