Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

10 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Did you adjust it for SEC competition?

Didn't adjust for 3-star vs 4-star, and the offensive scheme. Playcalling that uses WRs more will obviously lead to WRs getting bigger numbers.

Trayveon Williams racked up more rushes, rushing yards, receiving yards, and TDs in one year under Jimbo than his previous two combined. And got drafted early too.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/trayveon-williams-1.html

Same season, ya'll had Toneil Carter, a 4-star? Tre Watson, Tristian Houston, Keontay Ingram. What are rushing totals? 

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/rushing-yards-per-game?date=2019-01-08

Probably similar statistical difference in TE numbers too.

28 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Didn't adjust for 3-star vs 4-star, and the offensive scheme. Playcalling that uses WRs more will obviously lead to WRs getting bigger numbers.

Trayveon Williams racked up more rushes, rushing yards, receiving yards, and TDs in one year under Jimbo than his previous two combined. And got drafted early too.

Same season, ya'll had Toneil Carter, a 4-star? Tre Watson, Tristian Houston, Keontay Ingram. What are rushing totals? 

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/rushing-yards-per-game?date=2019-01-08

So, to be clear, your argument is that Kendrick Rogers is going to be successful in the NFL because Trayveon Williams put up good stats his Junior year.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

40 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Trayveon Williams didn't get drafted early. He was drafted in the 6th round.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So, to be clear, your argument is that Kendrick Rogers is going to be successful in the NFL because Trayveon Williams put up good stats his Junior year.

Is that really what you're getting out of this interaction?!

To be clear, my argument is that Kendrick Rogers may do ok in NFL; he isn't competing head-to-head with Collin Johnson; his having more pedestrian numbers versus Johnson in their two respective college careers have valid reasons (already mentioned) and Rogers' college numbers may have no bearing on how well he does or doesn't do in the NFL. 

Edited by PHLaggie

2 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

UT's top two backs in 2019: 1502 rushing yards on 267 attempts and 14 TDs, to go along with 52 receptions for 400 yards and 4 TDs

Aggy top two backs in 2019: 1178 rushing yards on 199 attempts and 14 TDs, to go along with 30 receptions for 220 yards and 1 TD

• Like 3

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Because that was our historically worst decade and aggy's historical best of the modern era? And we still finished it stronger?

And we actually played for a conference championship and won a bigger bowl game? Nobody is bragging about that decade, we just laugh at those pretending anything has changed.

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Literally nothing.  He entered a state of suspended animation in which all bodily functions ceased and any movement that occurred was facilitated by others.  Lost 10 lbs during the week while the worms ate into his brain.  

Fucking unbelievable - Alfred and I had the exact same type of week.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

Is that really what you're getting out of this interaction?!

To be clear, my argument is that Kendrick Rogers may do ok in NFL; he isn't competing head-to-head with Collin Johnson; his having more pedestrian numbers versus Johnson in their two respective college careers have valid reasons (already mentioned) and Rogers' college numbers may have no bearing on how well he does or doesn't do in the NFL. 

Well, we paid $2.5m less this year to have the same record as y’all.  Plus, our coach has a buyout.  I think we’re coming out ahead on this.  Next year if y’all lose more than 2 your coach should be fucking fired.  Let’s see if you guys aggy it up or not.

49 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Well, we paid $2.5m less this year to have the same record as y’all.  Plus, our coach has a buyout.  I think we’re coming out ahead on this.  Next year if y’all lose more than 2 your coach should be fucking fired.  Let’s see if you guys aggy it up or not.

Only two losses gets Jimbo an extension.

3 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
3 hours ago, texifornia said:
Alfred Collins: Overrated
Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

EOA2XVXWkAAkVB1?format=png&name=smallEOA2XfTXUAAXyZq?format=jpg&name=smallEOA2YeKX4AIDtD8?format=png&name=small

In other words, they've given up any hope of landing him. How far down the looch list has he dropped?

He's on the "Second 44", aka the BDF scraps, rejects, and miscreants list.

4 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Literally nothing.  He entered a state of suspended animation in which all bodily functions ceased and any movement that occurred was facilitated by others.  Lost 10 lbs during the week while the worms ate into his brain.  

Dude, you try doing reps when it’s 0 degrees Kelvin outside. 

24 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

If Evans can get qualified - holy shit the money he's going to bilk from the aggys.  All he's got to do is sit around while the aggys play their spring game with two scholarship RB's and wait for them to come running with trash bags full of cash.  Jimbo is going to be desperate as hell for a RB.

Won't Spiller be the only scholarship RB on their roster this spring? Richardson doesn't seem like he is coming back. 

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

6:53p 

Staff

Been on the phone throughout the day checking in with a few sources to get the latest on North Shore RB Zach Evans, and here's what I've gotten back. 

First, we are aware of reports surfacing that Evans to A&M is a done deal. We aren't ready to go there just yet. However, I did speak with a pair of sources in greater Houston today that both said echoed the same sentiment - that it would come as absolutely no surprise to them if Evans were to show up in College Station next week. It sounds like there has been positive, progressive communication between both parties as well as between Zach and a couple of A&M signees. 

The biggest question surrounding this whole deal has been the timeline. In other words, would Zach have his academic affairs in order to enroll early? Well, I spoke with a source close to the North Shore program who told me this afternoon that Evans has indeed graduated high school. Now, that doesn't mean he has to enroll somewhere next week. Again, there's no legally binding paperwork to be signed anymore since he's used his National Letter of Intent already. Therefore, it's basically a game of wait-and-see. Texas A&M begins spring classes on Monday. The last add/drop day according to the university calendar is January 17th. 

All in all, I'd say between Jason, Looch, and myself, we are cautiously optimistic that the Aggies add Zach to their 2020 class, but it isn't done and dusted at this juncture. Obviously, there's a chance this thing presses on into the spring and summer, and then the fight becomes a bit tougher. 

13 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

6:53p 

Staff

Been on the phone throughout the day checking in with a few sources to get the latest on North Shore RB Zach Evans, and here's what I've gotten back. 

First, we are aware of reports surfacing that Evans to A&M is a done deal. We aren't ready to go there just yet. However, I did speak with a pair of sources in greater Houston today that both said echoed the same sentiment - that it would come as absolutely no surprise to them if Evans were to show up in College Station next week. It sounds like there has been positive, progressive communication between both parties as well as between Zach and a couple of A&M signees. 

The biggest question surrounding this whole deal has been the timeline. In other words, would Zach have his academic affairs in order to enroll early? Well, I spoke with a source close to the North Shore program who told me this afternoon that Evans has indeed graduated high school. Now, that doesn't mean he has to enroll somewhere next week. Again, there's no legally binding paperwork to be signed anymore since he's used his National Letter of Intent already. Therefore, it's basically a game of wait-and-see. Texas A&M begins spring classes on Monday. The last add/drop day according to the university calendar is January 17th. 

All in all, I'd say between Jason, Looch, and myself, we are cautiously optimistic that the Aggies add Zach to their 2020 class, but it isn't done and dusted at this juncture. Obviously, there's a chance this thing presses on into the spring and summer, and then the fight becomes a bit tougher. 

So Evans won't be going to aggy. 

Enjoy CC dipshit. 

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

9:52p 

Staff

After checking with a pair of sources tonight, I'm leaning toward transfer OL Javonne Shepherd not being able to enroll at Texas A&M this spring. 

The way it was portrayed to me was that there was still some sort of discrepancy with his transferable hours. Could it still be worked out? I guess that's possible, but with the info I've been able to comb through in the last day or so, I'd say it's unlikely. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Enjoy CC dipshit. 

Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

9:52p 

Staff

After checking with a pair of sources tonight, I'm leaning toward transfer OL Javonne Shepherd not being able to enroll at Texas A&M this spring. 

The way it was portrayed to me was that there was still some sort of discrepancy with his transferable hours. Could it still be worked out? I guess that's possible, but with the info I've been able to comb through in the last day or so, I'd say it's unlikely. 

Did anyone besides aggy actually think he was going to make it in?