Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

20 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Surprised they aren't looking for a grad transfer RB or OT ( or 2 ).

They only have two spots left. Of course, if they’re missing on Shepherd and McKinnley Jackson, then maybe they could use a spot on a grad transfer 

My daughter (no pics, assholes) used to work at Star Cinema Grill just north of aggy's campus, and Jimbo seems to love the place as "downtime" for the team. They go there several times a month as a group, and the wait staff absolutely hate them.

Based on what already goes on there, I'm willing to bet we hear stories in the next year or two about Evans getting maced by a waitress. Or maybe we won't hear the stories, but I am willing to bet it happens, media blackout or no. Either way, I can't think of a better marriage of troublesome recruit and morally bankrupt program.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

My daughter (no pics, assholes) used to work at Star Cinema Grill just north of aggy's campus, and Jimbo seems to love the place as "downtime" for the team. They go there several times a month as a group, and the wait staff absolutely hate them.

Based on what already goes on there, I'm willing to bet we hear stories in the next year or two about Evans getting maced by a waitress. Or maybe we won't hear the stories, but I am willing to bet it happens, media blackout or no. Either way, I can't think of a better marriage of troublesome recruit and morally bankrupt program.

It's Florida State all over again. Without the national title.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I like how they think they’re getting a grad transfer to address the OT and RB holed but don’t realize they don’t have enough scholarships to add them. They literally need to lose 7 players on current roster before fall to add this 25 man class

pm RD. He can run the numbers and provide a cogent analysis of Jimbo's upcoming roster moves.

19 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I like how they think they’re getting a grad transfer to address the OT and RB holed but don’t realize they don’t have enough scholarships to add them. They literally need to lose 7 players on current roster before fall to add this 25 man class

I think they only have two spots left because of the 25 man counter rule 

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

I think they only have two spots left because of the 25 man counter rule 

That is correct. They still need to lose 7 current players before the fall to stay at 85 

So the grad transfer talk is funny. Unless they lose more than 7, which would be fun too

Names in the portal, according to the 247/A&M portal page:

Jacob Kibodi
Deneric Prince
Nigel Brobbey (walk on??? don't know)
Jashaun Corbin
Roshauud Paul
Glenn Beal (shown as returning to A&M)
Camron Horry
Kellen Diesch
Brian Johnson
Moses Reynolds

Richardson was expected to leave - not shown in the portal (yet).

Aggie 247 / Perroni / Shepherd

Spoiler

Latest on Javonne Shepherd

So, this one is still up in the air a little bit, but I've made several calls in the past couple days and will aggregate it all here.

-Somebody had noticed that he followed a bunch of coaches at Butler C.C. in Kansas on Twitter. That could be a potential destination for him. They actually don't start school until Tue., Jan. 21, so it won't be known for a bit if he ends up there.

-I've been told that A&M is still working to see if there's a way he can be considered eligible to transfer to a four-year school. If they are able to work it out, I expect him on campus this semester. With school starting tomorrow at A&M, he would basically have until the end of the week to see if there's a way he can get in now. This staff is really good about working with stuff like this, so if it's possible, they'll find it.

-If Shepherd does goes junior college, he would have to graduate with his associate's in order to leave. However, in talking to a pair of people familiar with his transcript, though he is behind at the moment - hence the reason for potentially having to go JUCO - it's not in that bad of shape. If he goes somewhere that really works with their athletes, he can take summer and minisemesters and I had one person tell me they even thought he could get out by January. It would take a ton of work on his part, but there are some JUCOs across the country that are known for being able to do that very well. I've been told Butler is one of those that does a great job of making sure their guys are qualified - and at midyear whenever even remotely possible. If he did end up at Butler, he would almost assuredly be a class of 2021 prospect and potentially even a December grad.

-If Shepherd goes junior college and gets out after a year, he would have three to play three. That is the same thing he would have if he ends up at A&M this semester instead. But, the difference is that he would be locked in to A&M. If he goes JUCO and dominates, he will have a bunch of schools after him. Shepherd really wants to be at A&M and he has a ton of friends on the roster, so the Aggies have that going for them. But, A&M would definitely prefer to get him in now.

-If I had to guess, I'd predict he went JUCO.

8 minutes ago, Getafix said:

-I've been told that A&M is still working to see if there's a way he can be considered eligible to transfer to a four-year school. If they are able to work it out, I expect him on campus this semester. With school starting tomorrow at A&M, he would basically have until the end of the week to see if there's a way he can get in now. This staff is really good about working with stuff like this, so if it's possible, they'll find it.

This all seems above board 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Yes

58 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Yes

Thanks.

54 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yes. Which is why either way he's a 3-3 guy.

Yep - so he wouldn't help them immediately, no matter which route he went.

(Other than uniting and re-energizing the locker room, of course.)

Laterally....really 

Blessed with the stomach flu, Ags. First, losing Mo Linguist and JJF are losses, but both had deficiencies. I am thinking the Fisher hiring model on these two spots will be 1) intelligence (as a coach and in general), 2) younger / high ceiling, 3) recruiting chops, 4) regionally-relevant - in that order. He seems to target high trajectory guys. 

Here are a few DB names (discounting Clemson, Ohio State, etc-type guys - as they have the same as above and would need a reason to leave). I don't see guys like Corey Raymond, Torrian Gray, etc. moving laterally. 

Francis Brown

Jahmile Addae

Julius Brown

Evan Cooper

Marcus Woodson (stretch inclusion)

Karl Scott (same as above, but he is a Houston native)

Tony White

Jules Montinar

A few other cats that can coach (Bryn Renner, Aaron Henry, Jeff Burris). I saw the UK coach mentioned, but he does not fit the model I am thinking Fisher will follow. Same thing with a Co-DC like Poindexter. Happy to be wrong there. 

Niedermeyer seems to make a lot of sense at TE, but Liucci (who has tremendous sources within the program for things like this) seems to shoot that down. Ferentz kid is NOT leaving his dad, so stop. A few names I would be all over:

Jeff Faris

Mike Miller