Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

43 minutes ago, Hornsfan91 said:

From IT

They've had plenty of time to prepare for life after Shack so they won't get any benefit of doubt from me. What's up with Javonne Shepherd?
"I think he stays because of his grades but he's still in the Portal so who knows?"

Holy cow that would be hilarious. aggy reaction to Sheppard staying would be worth it.

7 hours ago, Hornsfan91 said:

From IT

They've had plenty of time to prepare for life after Shack so they won't get any benefit of doubt from me. What's up with Javonne Shepherd?
"I think he stays because of his grades but he's still in the Portal so who knows?"

If his grades are as bad as they say, he ain’t staying long.

On 1/11/2020 at 9:54 PM, Lobwedgephil said:

The way it was portrayed to me was that there was still some sort of discrepancy with his transferable hours.

What, like he hadn't passed enough of them?  That's a "discrepancy?"  Because the Texas Higher Ed Coordinating Board standardizes all of these lower level classes so that they'll transfer with zero friction from one public university to another, even community colleges.  

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

If they aren't 9-1 or 10-0 going into Tuscaloosa, Jimbo should be fired on the spot.  Easiest P5 schedule I've ever seen.  Just fucking painfully pussy.

I love how they are just glossing over @Auburn, @Mississippi State, and Ole Miss like those are automatic wins. I see another 8-4 type year.

• Like 2

Just FYI ...

- Henson spent several years as a TE coach and a recruiting coordinator. 

- Looks like Miles took him from Ok State to LSU.

- He didn't do too well on the OL front or the recruiting front at A&M. 

- But his time at Ok State (as OL coach) did overlap with Yurcich's ...  

2001-04    Oklahoma State (Tight Ends / Recruiting Coordinator)
2005-08    LSU (Tight Ends / Recruiting Coordinator)

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I love how they are just glossing over @Auburn, @Mississippi State, and Ole Miss like those are automatic wins. I see another 8-4 type year.

They also play @ South Carolina.  Now, I expect them to win that game, but Mond is notorious for laying an egg in road games.

32 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Gigem said Henson has been told to look for a new job. So if he doesn’t find one, I wonder if Jimbo will Fire him. 

Rick Trickett is sitting by his phone in Glenville West Virginia waiting for the call.

*I should really read to the end of the thread before replying...

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
I am dumb.

12 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Just FYI ...

- Henson spent several years as a TE coach and a recruiting coordinator. 

- Looks like Miles took him from Ok State to LSU.

- He didn't do too well on the OL front or the recruiting front at A&M. 

- But his time at Ok State (as OL coach) did overlap with Yurcich's ...  

2001-04    Oklahoma State (Tight Ends / Recruiting Coordinator)
2005-08    LSU (Tight Ends / Recruiting Coordinator)

source.gif

A&M is in a tough spot here if Evans doesn't qualify to enroll early, given that they only have one real scholarship running back on campus right now, with slot receiver Ainias Smith having to play there due to lack of bodies. Do you save a spot for Evans in case he decides to show up to campus in June or late August, or do you go ahead and reach to take another running back like Hubbard so you have bodies? I guess if they miss on McKinnley and don't bring Shepherd in, they could go ahead and take Hubbard, and save a spot for Evans? 

If Spiller gets injured, they're fucked. It would make sense to me if they'd go ahead and take someone like Hubbard, and save a spot for Evans in case he shows up in early June, and if he doesn't, use the last spot for a grad transfer RB 

28 minutes ago, Fud said:

If Spiller gets injured, they're fucked. It would make sense to me if they'd go ahead and take someone like Hubbard, and save a spot for Evans in case he shows up in early June, and if he doesn't, use the last spot for a grad transfer RB 

Right on cue, they have a second jag RB ov'ing this weekend (along with Hubbard). JUCO Earnest Crownover. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Earnest-Crownover-94716/

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

Right on cue, they have a second jag RB ov'ing this weekend (along with Hubbard). JUCO Earnest Crownover. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Earnest-Crownover-94716/

I thought they'd greyshirt Earnest to help with Damatrius but now they may go ahead and spend a scholarship on him. Amazing. They have another brother Ja’Kobee, maybe this will be the new Manvel tactic, but instead of signing the entire Manvel team to get Preston, they sign all the family members to get Dametrious. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Dametrious-Crownover-46079297/

Edited by golfclap

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

I thought they'd greyshirt Earnest to help with Damatrius but now they may go ahead and spend a schollie on him. Amazing. They have another brother Ja’Kobee, maybe this will be the new Manvel tactic, but instead of signing the entire Manvel team to get Preston, they sign all the family members to get Dametrious. 

Between Crownover, Phillips, and Roberts (Jaiden's brother), they have a lot of guys they're looking at potentially greyshirting

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I thought they'd greyshirt Earnest to help with Damatrius but now they may go ahead and spend a schollie on him. Amazing. They have another brother Ja’Kobee, maybe this will be the new Manvel tactic, but instead of signing the entire Manvel team to get Preston, they sign all the family members to get Dametrious. 

Nice ... 

The Crownovers should just change their name to the Bendovers.