Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

No. Georgia paid. But he kept asking for money from other schools after he signed and sent in his LOI. Georgia said fuck that, ate the money, and cut him loose anyway because she’s that much of a head case. Now he’s back on the market seeing to get the money he wanted before He sent Georgia his LOI. 

the aggy company line? Who knows. 
Has Evans done anything on social media flaunting money? That was pretty funny a few years back when the bama players were doing it, just begging the NCAA to try and do something, knowing they wouldn't.

A remarkably lukewarm article by Tarp, on Santucci ... talk about damning with faint praise.

(He's "vocal", a "personable guy", recruits "enjoy getting to know him" ... )

Spoiler

Some notes on new Texas A&M LB coach Tyler Santucci

Tarp

- Santucci is considered one of the most vocal coaches out on the practice field that the person I talked to has seen at Wake Forest. He’s much more like Tim Brewster and Jim Turner were in this regard. The players respond to that from him.

- He also is considered a personable guy and connects to prospects on the recruiting trail. Recruits have told people that they enjoy getting to know him on the recruiting trail.

- Santucci had a recruiting area but also recruited the position like a lot of people do these days. He was in the mix with a lot of the kids that Wake Forest recruited and signed. They counted on him a lot in terms of his recruiting acumen.

- On the surface, it doesn’t seem like he did a lot in the 2020 class because the school did not recruit a ton of backers in the 2020 class and so far has not signed any. They only had one linebacker commit at one point in this class and he decommitted to Oklahoma right before signing day to go

- However, the position was backloaded where they didn’t need many (if at all) for 2020. Wake Forest signed two backers in the 2019 class and the two guys that they signed in 2018 missed the 2019 season.

- The person I talked to said that "He is going to be missed by Wake Forest."

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

- On the surface, it doesn’t seem like he did a lot in the 2020 class because the school did not recruit a ton of backers in the 2020 class and so far has not signed any. They only had one linebacker commit at one point in this class and he decommitted to Oklahoma right before signing day to go

On the surface, it doesn’t seem like he did a lot, but when you dig deeper you find that he really didn’t do any thing at all.  

he was a really great guy.  We’re going to miss him.  A lot.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

On the surface, it doesn’t seem like he did a lot, but when you dig deeper you find that he really didn’t do any thing at all.    He looks calm and ready to drop bombs, but he keeps on forgettin

he was a really great guy.  We’re going to miss him.  A lot.  

wrong thread? Oh.

• Like 2

I actually thought Peveto did a decent job of fixing their LB depth. Not sure if that was him or Elko though.  

Now we need someone to steal Elijah Robinson and I'm not sure who else on their staff is a plus. Price, Craig, and Graham all have some recruiting ability but I'm not all that impressed with their on the field results. A&M's WRs haven't developed, all their RBs are gone, and the strength of the DL are the DTs coached by Robinson. 

Edited by texasstrong12

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Aggy hired Wake Forest LB Coach Tyler Santucci to replace Peveto. Apparently Peveto has health concerns or just doesn’t like Fisher. 

If you can beat them, buy them? #Belkbowl.   

Didn’t work out so well with Chavis.  Here’s hoping for more of the same. 

9 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Wasn't Peveto their North Shore connection? '21 related but I wonder how that impacts Shadrach Banks. 

If someone worth a shit in the region pushes for Dematrius, I bet they can flip Banks. Or maybe A&M will be forced to take him as a QB2. 

He recently picked up Miami and Auburn, so he's slowly getting better offers. 

• Like 1

Spoiler
Liucci
Staff
AG
Quote:
Zach Evans update?
Here's the thing: Zach would have to be on campus and enrolled and taking classes by the middle of next week. He's not in town as of today. Incredibly doubtful, which is why we tried to express optimism that he could very well be an Aggie without going as far as others to make it sound as if the five-star back was on the way. What I do know is that he's talking with Mullen and Florida some and planning to visit and that the Ags will be in play for as long as they decide it's worth holding a scholarship. Tough call for Jimbo, Jay Graham and Austin Thomas at this point because they've been in it for so long, competitors like Georgia and LSU have removed themselves from the sweepstakes and running back is such a need. Then again, it's also such a need that taking one of these remaining targets, a JUCO or grad transfer might take precedence if what the A&M staff deems a good very good back (if not the five-star TALENT that Evans is) lets the Aggies know he's ready to commit. There are still two spots left, so where things begin trending with McKinnley Jackson will certainly factor into the decision-making process as well.

And an update since I wrote this answer earlier: Evans is now visiting Ole Miss and, of all people, Lane Kiffin this weekend. Between that and his date with Florida, I'm not sure how much more patience Jimbo Fisher will ultimately have here. Will be interesting to see if the Ags eventually join the group that has moved on and decides to look in a different direction of if they just figure they've come this far so why not finish it out. This actually could come down to A&M and Ole Miss because it's starting to sound like Florida is the team to beat for Georgia Tech commit Jahmyr Gibbs.

Quote:
Obligatory Zach Evans?
ALREADY A REPEAT QUESTION?!?!?!? On the first two of the entire thread??? Shutting it down for the day...

...just kidding. I know what happened there haha

Quote:
How much, really, does turnover among assistant coaches impact recruiting?
It really depends on the coach but it does have a little more of an impact now with the early signing period. Kids are deciding earlier and earlier these days, so sometimes the momentary uncertainty about a school they were considering (sometimes it takes weeks for the prospect to get on campus and meet the new guy) could come at the worst possible time if said prospect were to commit in March. He'd probably go where he felt more comfortable with his position guy. Part of the reason hiring assistants who are elite recruiters and/or were already actively recruiting the state are always so much easier to slide in. Big picture, it doesn't kill recruiting momentum because the Ags have Jimbo Fisher, Mike Elko (so neither scheme is changing) and everything else A&M has to offer but it doesn't help. However, with coaching changes, you always have the chance to improve your staff. That's something Fisher needs to remain focused on and make his absolute priority throughout the month of January.

Quote:
How was the "talent" in the french quarter after the game?
Drunk. Really, really drunk. Honestly, when it's that crazy down there you're not seeing too many attractive people. It's just dirt, grime, messed up hair and makeup and beads. Lots and lots of beads.

Quote:
Do you remember anything from New Orleans?
I remember everything. I had plenty of fun but didn't lose my mind or anything. Love the city but Bourbon is far from my favorite place to party.

Quote:
As a fan of college football... How was that game environment and experience?
Incredible. Something about LSU playing in NoLa, one of the most dominant teams of all-time taking on the defending champs and a team that hasn't lost in nearly 30 games and that quarterback duel...man there was a palpable buzz in the air long before things kicked off and by the fourth quarter that place was one giant party. Fun to see but also made me think "Could you imagine if the Ags get here some day. The 12th Man takeover in New Orleans would be every bit as insane (in a different way) than what I saw from the Purple and Gold. On top of everything else, the Superdome is the single-loudest building I've been in for a football game. That low roof just seems to keep the sound pressed right back down on you. It was a blast.

Quote:
Why all the turnover at RB?
A combination of factors but nothing I'd spend a half a second fretting over outside of this year's depth situation. There will be those who overanalyze the hell out of it because some of these bloggers and social media panickers are so caught up in riding the wave of the message board but the reality is it's pretty simple: Legitimate depth concern this year and Corbin was the only real loss in terms of a guy who would have factored in prominently next season. Which is exactly why he's the one departure that came as a surprise to the folks in Bright and why Jimbo and Graham fought so hard to keep him from going home to Florida. And for the loser who reads all of my stuff and tweets about me anonymously, yes, the Gators did tamper, which is part of the reason why Corbin isn't there. Richardson had all the talent but learning the offense was tough...and perhaps also handling the load of being a full-time student-athlete. He's essentially been gone since about the time bowl practices began so the Aggies have been recruiting with that in mind for a while now. The others? They've landed at places like Tulsa, Troy and Incarnate Word in search of the most likely spots for playing time. Sure, the depth (particularly this season) would be nice but they weren't going to get many if any touches as Aggies.

Quote:
Any running backs NOT named Evans on the horizon, JUCO, flip, grad transfer?
Well Earnest Crownover from the JC ranks is coming in this weekend unofficially and Darvon Hubbard from Arizona who was formerly committed to Ohio State and is drawing attention from LSU will be here, as well. The thing Jimbo Fisher will be leery of, of course, is taking anyone whose stock is up simply because there isn't a lot left out there in January at any given position. If you take a guy at running back, he has to be someone who isn't a sure thing to be 'outrecruited' a year from now. He has to be a true SEC West caliber back or you're better served to wait. That's what they'll have to determine when evaluating these guys in January.

Quote:
Do you think LSU receives a consequence from NCAA for OBJ?
At this point, I guess they could get a public wrist slap because it became such a high-profile thing or maybe LSU will have to disassociate from him. I've actually met OBJ a couple of times and like him. He's a really nice dude contrary to what it may seem like on social media, etc. But that was a stupid (and pretty childish) move that took the spotlight away from where it should have been. I have no problem with him in the locker room and dancing/celebrating etc. He's done a lot for that program and I can assure you those guys were thrilled to have him in there...it would be like Johnny, Mike, Von, Tanney or Myles in the locker room if the Ags had won it. But handing out wads of cash on the field just shows zero awareness and was totally unnecessary. The same with the crap with the cop, cutting off Stuart Mandel's interview with Jordan Jefferson, interrupting Ed O's championship to his team, etc. None of the other LSU legends were out there doing it, you know?

Quote:
Who are the top candidates for TE coach?
I think Frank Wilson was a guy who would have drawn serious consideration had he not taken the McNeese job so you guys did quality 'search committee' type stuff there. You've done a good job on that front, let me tell you. As for the eventual hire, let's give it a couple of days because I've been told the Aggies are very close there. If it goes the way I think it will, we'll be talking about an impact hire there and in the secondary, both from power programs.

Quote:
What do you think of the new hires in the SEC W (Kiffin, Leach, guy at Arkansas)?
I think all three will make those programs better than they were under the previous coach but none of the three will have them back where Mullen, Freeze or Petrino had them. Arkansas with Briles and D'Eriq King plus Rakeem Boyd (imagine that...an NFL prospect returning to school) will be tough to defend, Kiffin will recruit and Leach's offense will test the A&M secondary beginning this season and him being in Starkville will make that atmosphere so much tougher than it would have been had Moorhead (more like 'Borehead', amirite???) still been in charge. All three games will be tougher next fall but I don't think Pittman or Kiffin are the answer in Fayetteville or Oxford. Leach will keep the folks in Starkville happy, I believe. The dude is a proven winner and a draw.

Quote:
With Richardson gone, I am assuming we have to use one of the two remaining scholarships on a RB. Who do you think we land?
I guess if you put my feet to the fire today, I'd still say Zach Evans but I'm starting to think Darvon Hubbard is becoming a very real possibility. The former Ohio State pledge has become a pretty hot commodity but the Ags are doing a good job here. Howell will be the man covering this one very closely.

Quote:
How do you feel about our odds with McKinnley Jackson?
Still pretty decent. There's more confidence from my A&M sources than you'd usually expect for such a coveted player from Mississippi, which was the case with OOS guys like Donell Harris and Chris Morris earlier in the cycle so it's interesting. He's a very real possibility, it's just that the competition (with LSU leading the charge) is going to be as stiff as it gets. His relationship with Elijah Robinson is as strong as it gets and could ultimately prove the difference. Don't underestimate that connection and the Aggies here.

Quote:
When do you want to grab lunch with Gabe and Dalton again?
We'll figure it out but let's do it at some point.

Quote:
Calling it now, 11-0 into LSU, thoughts?
I'm not going to go with quite that much of a leap. I'll say either 10-1 or 9-2 but then they beat LSU. Auburn and LSU are both games that the Ags NEED to have a real opportunity to win next year because of what each team loses, the fact LSU is at home and what the Ags have coming back. And I'm telling you guys, deep down we all know that those 'other' games are not going to be easy. I'm not sure which, but at least two will be decided late in the fourth quarter, like Ole Miss and Arkansas this year. Next year's Aggies are going to have to be a tough-minded bunch, Kellen will have to play like a senior and the o-line has got to be noticeably better in order to ensure that games like Auburn and LSU are played with high stakes.

Quote:
If Evans isn't decided by NSD, does Jimbo hold a spot or take a different RB?
I explained it above but that depends on how confident they feel about Zach and what the other options look like. The Ags have to be careful not to fall in love with a back just because they feel they have to take one. The dude has to be SEC West caliber or you'd still be better off taking someone at another position who is more likely to help you win games.

Quote:
What position in spring ball will have most competition?
I'm going to say it SHOULD be the o-line but that it's more likely to be wide receiver because there are more capable guys involved in the competition and Davis and Rogers leaving mean things are pretty wide open. That's especially true if Ainias continues to get more work at running back. As it stands, you'll have (barring any more portal entries but some may wait until after spring ball) Ausbon, Buckley, Smith, Wright, Chapman, Brown, Muhammad, Price, Preston, Lane and a couple of others all vying to reps and competing for a couple of open jobs.

Quote:
How was NOLA?
It was great. See above and one of the high points was getting to spend a lot of time with our friends from the SEC Network and ESPN. Sunday night was a blast and the game lived up to the hype and then some in terms of excitement and quality football.

Quote:
You mentioned the TE and DB hires should be happening soon, should we be excited about the names?
The tight end spot seems to have been a moving target over the last two or three days but there have been some interesting names cross my desk, including Frank Wilson, who ended up taking the head job at McNeese. As for the DB job, I think the Ags are hoping to snag a big name from a true power program there. I think they're very close to doing so. Lots of SEC interest here.

Quote:
Do you think Mond will have any competition this Spring/Fall for the QB job or is he a lock no matter what? i.e. Nothing Calzada or King could do to close the gap, just a race for backup
Of course there is something Calzada or King could do and that would be to noticeably out-perform Kellen during spring ball. That's going to be very tough to do because Kellen has such an experience edge - both in the system and also on the field. Barring a complete meltdown by #11 (and it should actually be the opposite, as this should be the dude's BEST spring entering his senior season as a three-plus year starter), I just don't think the young guys can pass him. Like I said last week, the only way I see it happening is if Kellen struggles on the field in games early next season and/or the Ags drop a couple they shouldn't and are an early-season disappointment in dire need of a spark. Again, these are things that are possible but that I do not envision happening at all.

Quote:
If Evans doesn't enroll this week, would you roll the dice and wait on him to make a decision or would you move on and fill the final 2 spots on signing day?
Me? I'd use the final two spots if McKinnley Jackson was one of them. If not, I might hold one for Evans OR a grad transfer.

Quote:
hows Cupp doing??
He's progressing just fine. I don't know how much he's expected to be used this spring but he'll be 100% long before camp kicks off in August.

Quote:
do you think Jaylon Jones could be like Terrell on Clemson? similar build.
Not a bad comparison at all, actually. I think Jaylon has a chance to be a pretty special cover man and defender.

Quote:
Can you give an update on DB coach candidates?
See above. I think the Ags are going big game hunting here. That doesn't guarantee anything but the couple of names I've heard this week would both be very strong hires. Easier to target these type of guys than to close on them but that's what the Ags hired Jimbo to do.

Quote:
Who are you taking this weekend, SF or GB? Titans or KC? Thanks!
I'm going with San Fran and Kansas City.

Quote:
What is the best part of your trip to Nola?
For once, it wasn't the food. I had a great breakfast with Dan Campbell and his lovely wife Holly (our regular designated driver in college as she was quick to remind me) on Tuesday but other than that I didn't get any type of 'authentic' Louisiana food. BW3 with Dan (his pick, not mine) on Sunday to watch the games, no dinner Sunday (got caught up drinking at the hotel bar with everyone), Fogo on Monday because I was running late and it was connected to the hotel and then no dinner on Monday night because of the game. Favorite part was the game itself.

Quote:
Bama: no Tua. LSU: no Burrow, no Brady. A&M Schedule: no UGA (replaced by Vandy), no Clemson (replaced by Colorado Question: What's A&M's ceiling and floor next season?
I think the ceiling is sneaking into the playoffs by winning the games you'll be favored in and going 2-1 versus Auburn, Bama and LSU. I think the floor for this bunch would be 7-5 with those three losses plus two more close ones that you shouldn't drop. I'd bet money on the ceiling quicker than I would the floor there and my way too early prediction is going to be 10-2 with a NY6 bowl win. But, damn, the opportunity is there for a REAL breakthrough, isn't it?

Quote:
True or False: The offensive line will be the weakest starting position group for 2020?
It's the one thing holding me back from actually expecting that breakthrough more so than anything else. That's not to say there won't be other areas of weakness, it's just that I believe the blocking up front is the thing most likely to keep the Aggies from winning a couple of the big games in 2020. The unit simply has to make big-time strides between now and September. It's doable but I'm going to believe it when I see it.

Quote:
What are your thoughts on the recruiting capabilities on the new hires?
Santucci is an up-and-comer who really impressed during his first cycle at Wake. He actually may have been that staff's best recruiter. Beyond that, ti depends on who they hire for any other vacancies. As I've said before in this session, I'm expecting an impact hire on the recruiting front in the secondary.

Quote:
Is 3rd in the West in 2020 a disappointment in Yr 3 of Jimbo?
Totally depends on how it happens. Much like how 8-4 could have felt this year (didn't happen, of course). Third in the West if the other two finish in the playoffs or the top-5? That could mean a 10-2 finish with a win over Auburn, LSU or Bama and a possible NY6 or, at worst, Citrus or Outback (New Year's Day bowl). Win that and you'd be 11-2 with a New Year's Bowl win and probably another top 3-7 recruiting class (meaning you've now stacked three straight and would take the field in 2021 with a loaded roster even by 'top of the SEC' standards. So there is definitely a 'third in the west' scenario that would be a very good one.

Quote:
How far behind the final 4 teams are we as far as personnel and making there ourselves?
That's such a long question to answer and I've done so on air multiple times this week. Far but not as far as you think. The bottom two classes on next year's roster will look a lot more like what we saw from the teams the Ags lost to this fall. By the 2021 season, roughly 75 of your 85 scholarships will have been used on classes rank 3, 6 and whatever the 2021 class comes in at (and it's probably going to be another great one). The Ags also took Clemson to the wire last year, beat LSU last year, dominated the game in Auburn only to implode late and took Georgia down the final drive this year in Athens. The gap is wide but it's far from so big that the Ags can't close SERIOUS ground this coming fall when you look at what LSU loses, what Auburn loses in the trenches and how Fisher and Co. are recruiting. Have to keep getting faster and more athletic on the perimeter on both sides of the ball and the Ags are doing that.

Quote:
How much does the coaching turnover at LSU along with their player turnover affect them next season?
I think they'll take the biggest drop of any program next year and am absolutely convinced of that. Does that mean they won't be any good? Nope. Have you seen their returning talent on defense or are you just looking at what they're losing. How about Stingley, Stevens and Vincent in the secondary for starters? And Shelvin, Chaisson and Logan up front? They'll be fine if they can find a good QB but I think they're a 9-3 or maybe 10-2 type of team on the very high end. Heck, 8-4 wouldn't even be outlandish if they were to fall to some combination of Texas, Florida, Auburn, Bama and A&M. I think the landing spot is 9-3, which would again be some damned good coaching by Ed O considering what they're losing. If that's the case, the Ags need to be one of those three Ls.

Quote:
Who would like to see us go after/land for the vacant TE & DB coaching spot
I like the guy at Tennessee that some of you have mentioned for tight end but not sure why he'd leave Knoxville right now unless it's money or the chance to move to Texas. In the secondary, I think there are several guys working with top-10 defenses I'd target. I'd also want to see someone from the SEC who has recruited the Deep South and Texas extensively. That's a very important hire.

Quote:
Who do you think we ultimately land for them?
Get back to me in a day or two.

Quote:
I loved seeing LSU ramp up the pace on Clemson. Any chance Jimbo adds in some HUNH aspect to the offense next year?
I actually do think there's a chance we see more of that next season. I also think it's something that he really needs to do in order to get the best out of his senior quarterback. Keep in mind, I'm talking about doing so without getting away from your identity on offense so just having the ability to do it and to do it on a semi-consistent basis.

Quote:
Any off-season facility upgrades going on that we'd be interested in?
I'd have to check but the main one was the weight room and it's pretty impressive now.

Quote:
In my opinion (which is meaningless and probably wrong) but the two biggest determining factors for how good we are next year.

OL
Its probable way to early but any word on the younger guys having a legit chance to take a spot?
I think Matthews and Robinson will be two guys capable of legitimately competing for a job.

RB Depth
Guess its wait on see on Evans.
Yes, it is. But I keep telling you guys the Ags like Deondre Jackson much more than the recruiting services do and they obviously love Achane and what Ainias Smith did during the bowl game. I'm a huge fan of Kevontre Bradfordout of the Dallas area (he's likely to end up at Ohio State or LSU before all is said and done) but based off of how they're recruiting him, it's clear to me that Jay Graham and the Ags view Jackson as a better fit.

Quote:
Can you please shed a little insight as to how Ohio State continues to recruit Texas so well. Seems like they snag a couple of our best players almost every year and 2021 seems to be no exception (Donovan Jackson). Who is their recruiting coordinator for Texas? Is there something that they're pitching besides being ranked yearly in the CFP so highly?
I don't trust Ohio State in Texas. Ever. Especially in Dallas for some reason. This dates back to Urban Meyer, of course. They do more cherry-picking of top-tier talent in this state than anyone outside of LSU (a natural poacher due to proximity) and maybe Bama. They're on a hell of an on-field run and that's made them pretty formidable. Not the team you want making a hard run at one of your top prospects, that's for sure.

Quote:
Thoughts on the OBJ handing players cash on camera after the game?
See above.

Quote:
So ... do we ever even sniff a championship?
Nope. Never. Not going to happen. We should just shut down the program and give up.

Quote:
With 2021 being such a huge year for recruiting in state. How do you weigh the importance of an Ace recruiter vs a developer of the position for the open TE and DB coaching jobs? Obviously they both are important, but here's my thinking: at the TE coaching position, we can focus on an Ace recruiter because TE is so important to Jimbo, that we can be sure they will be coached up by him and the staff.
I really do think you need both. Sure, there can be exceptions but if you go that route, then one exception becomes two, two becomes four and all of a sudden you have a staff that's weaker than it should be in terms of either side of that coin, which won't get it done in the SEC. I especially think the corners coach needs to be both this time around because the Ags have made great strides in getting the talent in that room where it needs to be but the entire position unit is still far from what I'd call 'SEC elite.' Need to hire someone who can bring those guys in immediately.

Quote:
Where is the gap larger: The Mississippi schools to A&M or A&M to LSU/Bama ?
Tough to answer. I think the Ags are right in between at this point. The older half of the roster looks more like MSU and Ole Miss, the bottom half looks more like LSU, Bama and the big boys, which is why the '21 class - and beating those teams plus the others you managed to beat this fall (plus Auburn) - is so important this coming fall. The good news for the Ags and a very positive development is that A&M is 8-1 against the Mississippi schools, Kentucky, South Carolina and Arkansas since Fisher's arrival. They're also 1-6 against Georgia, Auburn, LSU and Bama so to say they're still in the middle would be fair. I think those days are over and the move towards the upper-echelon is officially in motion following the early signing period.

Quote:
In your opinion, will Matthews or Robinson nab a starting spot this coming spring or fall?
See above. I could definitely see one of the two starting this season.

Quote:
And, is McCollum fully healed from what I think was a back injury?
I'm not sure but we saw a lot of him against LSU and in the bowl game so hopefully he's good to go. If it's still bothering him this off-season, I'm sure Jerry Schmidt and Co. can tailor a workout program to help keep the stress to a minimum or he could even sit out for a period of time if need be. He's a guy who could still factor in very prominently in the race for a starting job next year.

Quote:
Prediction for who starts in the secondary
Your guess is as good as mine or probably even Elko's at this point.

Quote:
Do you think there is over a 30% chance of meeting ut in the Sugar Bowl next year?
Not sure about that considering, if I'm not mistaken, that it's the playoff semi-final. I'd put the odds at something like 10% but it's not the most insane pipe dream considering Texas will probably have the second-most talented roster in the Big 12 and A&M's schedule being so much more favorable in 2020.

Quote:
The TexAgs hive provides you with $5k to bet on the remaining two 2020 spots... what two recruits do you bet we close with?
Jackson and I have no idea. I guess if I'm betting the 'hive's' money, I'd go with a running back. Maybe Crownover?

Quote:
Does Ainias Smith make the move to RB (at least for 2020) since Richardson is in the transfer portal?
Still don't think that's been decided as to whether he'll stick there or not. I know Ainias likes WR more but, damn, he looks good at running back and he probably realized after the bowl game that it's by far the quickest way to more touches and more of a vital role in the offense. Plus, he'd catch a LOT of passes out of the backfield and motioning out into the slot regardless. I'd love to see him stick.

Quote:
What's your favorite position group on both sides of the ball as far as talent, depth, chemistry, etc.? I really like what we are building in the LB and TE rooms. I think both are stockpiled with talent and young depth. The chemistry of the TE room is probably taking a hit right now without having a coach, but I fully expect Jimbo to make a great hire for that position. I would think there's great coaches lined up at his door wanting to coach our TE's right now. I also think BDP has done a great job with the LB's and expect that improvement to continue.
I think Santucci can carry on what BDP started and agree with you when it comes to the tight ends. I still think what the Aggies are putting together on the d-line has a chance to be pretty special and McKinnley Jackson would push it over the top. I'd go TE-DL-QB-WR-LB in that order.

Quote:
What would you say is the potential ceiling for Demond Demas as a CFB player? I can't recall ever seeing a freak athletic talent like him, and I think with the right QB and system this guy can be a potential Heisman candidate and certainly a 1st round pick one day.
His ceiling is the Biletnekoff Award and being a top-10 draft pick. He has NFL All-Pro potential. The work ethic is there and the athletic gifts are off the charts. With the right quarterback, he's a game-changing presence in Maroon & White starting very early in his A&M career.

Quote:
Which position are you most worried about going backward?
I'm not saying that every position is a strength or where it needs to be to contend for top-tier SEC status just yet but I really am not worried about any position on the field going backward. I thought Olin had a pretty good article about it last week. The Ags could very well be stronger at every position on the field in 2020.

Quote:
Can you provide insight into what offensive linemen, redshirt or newcomer, that has the best chance to move into the starting lineup based on what you've heard from practices/workouts?
Kind of hit on this one a couple of times but I'd go with Luke Matthews on the inside.

Quote:
What are some good show suggestions to start binge watching that you are enjoying? Or movies if you arent watching any good shows worth noting.
Recent movies? I'm trying to think of what I've seen lately. Knives Out was funny and Ford vs Ferrari was probably my favorite movie this year. I'm actually about to start xxxx at the suggestion of some in this thread. Recently, I guess I've watched 'You' (a girl made me do it and I don't recommend), *****t's Creek (the first few seasons are really funny), Jack Ryan (solid). Watching the Aaron Hernandez doc right now and it's pretty wild. Even wilder knowing I've stayed a night in the house he lived in when he was arrested on the show and where they found so much evidence prior to him moving in (he bought Ty Warren's old house when Ty was traded to Denver).

Quote:
This year do you see Jimbo moving away from the methodical eating of the clock that we have seen in his first two seasons?
See above.

Quote:
Do we expect Blades to have a full recovery? Seems like it was pretty serious and he was hurt most of all last year.
Yes. It was a shoulder and it required surgery. He knew before the season that he'd have a rough go of it to make it through the entire season but has since had the shoulder fixed. It will keep him out of spring ball, however.

Quote:
Do you think Jimbo transitions to be a little more aggressive on offense with more dynamic weapons on offense and a more defensive depth or still a year or two out of recruiting needs before we see that?
I think you'll see the offense open up some more this fall, yes, in terms of attacking down the field and tempo.

Quote:
Top early enrollee freshman on your watchlist this spring?
Jaylon Jones, Haynes King, Fadil Diggs and Muhsin Muhammad III.

Quote:
These really are the best, thanks for doing these
You're very welcome! Love doing them.

Quote:
L. Robinson's development? Does he project at center or tackle? Thanks.
Will be interesting to see where he lines up this spring but I think he's still viewed as a tackle.

Quote:
What are your thoughts on the Texans end of season?
They were fortunate to get by Buffalo at home and the performance against the Chiefs was terrible. I'm not an O'Brien fan at all and never have been. He's not the guy to bring Houston it's first Super Bowl.

Quote:
Thoughts on the Astros decisions? Does it really matter if a championship gets vacated?
I was there for the '17 playoff run attending games in every round. Unforgettable sports memories that can't be taken away from the folks in Houston and I get so tired of how sanctimonious baseball is when the cheating is so damn widespread. However, if the buzzer stuff was actually true we're talking about next level type cheating and pretty bad unless you can show me where plenty of other teams are doing it..

Quote:
Who wins the Egg Bowl this year, and which one of them (Leach/Kiffin) has a better record going into the game?
I'll go with Kiffin and Ole Miss for this year because they're at home and I like Plumlee at QB more than whatever State has. Then again, Leach could change my mind with a single grad transfer addition.

Quote:
Is Roney Elam on the team next year?
I don't think that's a possibility, no.

Quote:
Which of the new SEC coaches will be the most successful?
See above.

Quote:
Thoughts on OBJ handing players cash on camera after the game? And why doesn't Hunter do this for our TEs?
Hunter would probably hand out real estate advice instead of cash so I'm not sure how exciting of a story that would be.

Quote:
With the massive contract in the works with Adidas, what changes can we expect to come? jerseys, gear, signs etc...
No idea other than the Ags will become one of Adidas' top two priorities in college football and a whole lot of MONEY $$$.

Quote:
What are some names to know with the ongoing search to fill the TE and CB coaching positions?
We're getting to that point again.

Quote:
How would you grade Jerry Schmidt so far? Has there been a noticeable difference in the player's physical development and stamina compared to past S&C coaches? Thanks
He's been outstanding and I think we continue to see the results of his work even more and more this off-season and next. After that maybe it levels off as the entire program will have spent their entire career under Schmitty but until then we haven't seen what the full Jerry Schmidt effect looks like.

Quote:
What was the story with Elijah Blades possibly not coming back? I know he decided to return but was he considering? transfer, retirement, or going pro?
I think he considered calling it a season because the shoulder issue and turning pro but that wasn't a smart option when he could get healthy and come back and prove so much more as a senior in 2020.

Quote:
Does Jimbo limit Spiller's contact in Spring? I can't imagine what an injury to him would mean to our RB situation.
Probably give him some days off because, yes, he's a very important guy to keep healthy. That goes without saying. You can't just not play him this spring out fo fear and cover him in bubble wrap.

Quote:
Do you have any knowledge of the Teams Off-Season Nutrition program to compliment strength training? Would love to hear the highlights or maybe a TexAgs in-depth feature story. Can't remember it ever being covered here
Could make for a good feature story. I'll have OB look into it.

Quote:
who's closest on committing from the 2021 class, and how are the top targets time tables looking?
Possibly Marcus Burris, Trey Zuhn, Ishmael Ibraheem or Deuce Harmon.

Quote:
When do you anticipate Jimbo will start having a program that keeps more players for their senior year? Its frustrating seeing players either transfer or enter the draft that have no business doing so and should be staying to make the next years team as strong as it possibly can. Saban seems to do a great job of convincing kids to stay.
Definitely a trend that Fisher and the Ags need to reverse beginning next fall. You're going to lose guys early every single year in the SEC but you have to also have guys generally pass on leaving to end up drafted outside of the first two rounds and, occasionally return despite being a possible first- or second-round pick. Trying to think of next year's eligible juniors and that list would include Bobby Brown and no one else barring some sort of surprise.

Quote:
Thanks Billy. I think this is an outstanding tool you use.
Appreciate it my friend!

Quote:
Is Quincy Roche or another grad transfer still a possibility?
(From my reply on the board to those who missed it) Still haven't heard anything about the Ags making a push for Roche but he's certainly someone Elko and Elijah Robinson (dating back to his Temple days, pre-Baylor) are well aware of. They are still in at the very least a solid position with McKinnley Jackson and definitely need a tailback if at all possible so there's that. If neither of those were to work out, I'm not sure adding a grad transfer up front might not be equally as significant so I'm expecting them to sit this one out. But, damn, that's got to be tough when talking about a guy who was considered by some the AAC defensive player of the year.

Quote:
Very Serious Question - the bevel on the ATM logo is not correct and looks stupid as hell. We really need to correct it, who can we have an adult conversation with to make a change?
And I'm out with the bevel question. But, yeah, I do think they could make the uniforms much cooler and sharper looking this fall with some very subtle changes.

• Like 2

who's closest on committing from the 2021 class, and how are the top targets time tables looking?

Possibly Marcus Burris, Trey Zuhn, Ishmael Ibraheem or Deuce Harmon.

Early signs/warnings that we could get Jaylon Jones'd with Ibraheem.  Stay tuned for the Super Bowl party they have in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents
Liucci
Staff
AG
Quote:
Zach Evans update?
Here's the thing: Zach would have to be on campus and enrolled and taking classes by the middle of next week. He's not in town as of today. Incredibly doubtful, which is why we tried to express optimism that he could very well be an Aggie without going as far as others to make it sound as if the five-star back was on the way. What I do know is that he's talking with Mullen and Florida some and planning to visit and that the Ags will be in play for as long as they decide it's worth holding a scholarship. Tough call for Jimbo, Jay Graham and Austin Thomas at this point because they've been in it for so long, competitors like Georgia and LSU have removed themselves from the sweepstakes and running back is such a need. Then again, it's also such a need that taking one of these remaining targets, a JUCO or grad transfer might take precedence if what the A&M staff deems a good very good back (if not the five-star TALENT that Evans is) lets the Aggies know he's ready to commit. There are still two spots left, so where things begin trending with McKinnley Jackson will certainly factor into the decision-making process as well.

And an update since I wrote this answer earlier: Evans is now visiting Ole Miss and, of all people, Lane Kiffin this weekend. Between that and his date with Florida, I'm not sure how much more patience Jimbo Fisher will ultimately have here. Will be interesting to see if the Ags eventually join the group that has moved on and decides to look in a different direction of if they just figure they've come this far so why not finish it out. This actually could come down to A&M and Ole Miss because it's starting to sound like Florida is the team to beat for Georgia Tech commit Jahmyr Gibbs.

Quote:
Obligatory Zach Evans?
ALREADY A REPEAT QUESTION?!?!?!? On the first two of the entire thread??? Shutting it down for the day...

...just kidding. I know what happened there haha

Quote:
How much, really, does turnover among assistant coaches impact recruiting?
It really depends on the coach but it does have a little more of an impact now with the early signing period. Kids are deciding earlier and earlier these days, so sometimes the momentary uncertainty about a school they were considering (sometimes it takes weeks for the prospect to get on campus and meet the new guy) could come at the worst possible time if said prospect were to commit in March. He'd probably go where he felt more comfortable with his position guy. Part of the reason hiring assistants who are elite recruiters and/or were already actively recruiting the state are always so much easier to slide in. Big picture, it doesn't kill recruiting momentum because the Ags have Jimbo Fisher, Mike Elko (so neither scheme is changing) and everything else A&M has to offer but it doesn't help. However, with coaching changes, you always have the chance to improve your staff. That's something Fisher needs to remain focused on and make his absolute priority throughout the month of January.

Quote:
How was the "talent" in the french quarter after the game?
Drunk. Really, really drunk. Honestly, when it's that crazy down there you're not seeing too many attractive people. It's just dirt, grime, messed up hair and makeup and beads. Lots and lots of beads.

Quote:
Do you remember anything from New Orleans?
I remember everything. I had plenty of fun but didn't lose my mind or anything. Love the city but Bourbon is far from my favorite place to party.

Quote:
As a fan of college football... How was that game environment and experience?
Incredible. Something about LSU playing in NoLa, one of the most dominant teams of all-time taking on the defending champs and a team that hasn't lost in nearly 30 games and that quarterback duel...man there was a palpable buzz in the air long before things kicked off and by the fourth quarter that place was one giant party. Fun to see but also made me think "Could you imagine if the Ags get here some day. The 12th Man takeover in New Orleans would be every bit as insane (in a different way) than what I saw from the Purple and Gold. On top of everything else, the Superdome is the single-loudest building I've been in for a football game. That low roof just seems to keep the sound pressed right back down on you. It was a blast.

Quote:
Why all the turnover at RB?
A combination of factors but nothing I'd spend a half a second fretting over outside of this year's depth situation. There will be those who overanalyze the hell out of it because some of these bloggers and social media panickers are so caught up in riding the wave of the message board but the reality is it's pretty simple: Legitimate depth concern this year and Corbin was the only real loss in terms of a guy who would have factored in prominently next season. Which is exactly why he's the one departure that came as a surprise to the folks in Bright and why Jimbo and Graham fought so hard to keep him from going home to Florida. And for the loser who reads all of my stuff and tweets about me anonymously, yes, the Gators did tamper, which is part of the reason why Corbin isn't there. Richardson had all the talent but learning the offense was tough...and perhaps also handling the load of being a full-time student-athlete. He's essentially been gone since about the time bowl practices began so the Aggies have been recruiting with that in mind for a while now. The others? They've landed at places like Tulsa, Troy and Incarnate Word in search of the most likely spots for playing time. Sure, the depth (particularly this season) would be nice but they weren't going to get many if any touches as Aggies.

Quote:
Any running backs NOT named Evans on the horizon, JUCO, flip, grad transfer?
Well Earnest Crownover from the JC ranks is coming in this weekend unofficially and Darvon Hubbard from Arizona who was formerly committed to Ohio State and is drawing attention from LSU will be here, as well. The thing Jimbo Fisher will be leery of, of course, is taking anyone whose stock is up simply because there isn't a lot left out there in January at any given position. If you take a guy at running back, he has to be someone who isn't a sure thing to be 'outrecruited' a year from now. He has to be a true SEC West caliber back or you're better served to wait. That's what they'll have to determine when evaluating these guys in January.

Quote:
Do you think LSU receives a consequence from NCAA for OBJ?
At this point, I guess they could get a public wrist slap because it became such a high-profile thing or maybe LSU will have to disassociate from him. I've actually met OBJ a couple of times and like him. He's a really nice dude contrary to what it may seem like on social media, etc. But that was a stupid (and pretty childish) move that took the spotlight away from where it should have been. I have no problem with him in the locker room and dancing/celebrating etc. He's done a lot for that program and I can assure you those guys were thrilled to have him in there...it would be like Johnny, Mike, Von, Tanney or Myles in the locker room if the Ags had won it. But handing out wads of cash on the field just shows zero awareness and was totally unnecessary. The same with the crap with the cop, cutting off Stuart Mandel's interview with Jordan Jefferson, interrupting Ed O's championship to his team, etc. None of the other LSU legends were out there doing it, you know?

Quote:
Who are the top candidates for TE coach?
I think Frank Wilson was a guy who would have drawn serious consideration had he not taken the McNeese job so you guys did quality 'search committee' type stuff there. You've done a good job on that front, let me tell you. As for the eventual hire, let's give it a couple of days because I've been told the Aggies are very close there. If it goes the way I think it will, we'll be talking about an impact hire there and in the secondary, both from power programs.

Quote:
What do you think of the new hires in the SEC W (Kiffin, Leach, guy at Arkansas)?
I think all three will make those programs better than they were under the previous coach but none of the three will have them back where Mullen, Freeze or Petrino had them. Arkansas with Briles and D'Eriq King plus Rakeem Boyd (imagine that...an NFL prospect returning to school) will be tough to defend, Kiffin will recruit and Leach's offense will test the A&M secondary beginning this season and him being in Starkville will make that atmosphere so much tougher than it would have been had Moorhead (more like 'Borehead', amirite???) still been in charge. All three games will be tougher next fall but I don't think Pittman or Kiffin are the answer in Fayetteville or Oxford. Leach will keep the folks in Starkville happy, I believe. The dude is a proven winner and a draw.

Quote:
With Richardson gone, I am assuming we have to use one of the two remaining scholarships on a RB. Who do you think we land?
I guess if you put my feet to the fire today, I'd still say Zach Evans but I'm starting to think Darvon Hubbard is becoming a very real possibility. The former Ohio State pledge has become a pretty hot commodity but the Ags are doing a good job here. Howell will be the man covering this one very closely.

Quote:
How do you feel about our odds with McKinnley Jackson?
Still pretty decent. There's more confidence from my A&M sources than you'd usually expect for such a coveted player from Mississippi, which was the case with OOS guys like Donell Harris and Chris Morris earlier in the cycle so it's interesting. He's a very real possibility, it's just that the competition (with LSU leading the charge) is going to be as stiff as it gets. His relationship with Elijah Robinson is as strong as it gets and could ultimately prove the difference. Don't underestimate that connection and the Aggies here.

Quote:
When do you want to grab lunch with Gabe and Dalton again?
We'll figure it out but let's do it at some point.

Quote:
Calling it now, 11-0 into LSU, thoughts?
I'm not going to go with quite that much of a leap. I'll say either 10-1 or 9-2 but then they beat LSU. Auburn and LSU are both games that the Ags NEED to have a real opportunity to win next year because of what each team loses, the fact LSU is at home and what the Ags have coming back. And I'm telling you guys, deep down we all know that those 'other' games are not going to be easy. I'm not sure which, but at least two will be decided late in the fourth quarter, like Ole Miss and Arkansas this year. Next year's Aggies are going to have to be a tough-minded bunch, Kellen will have to play like a senior and the o-line has got to be noticeably better in order to ensure that games like Auburn and LSU are played with high stakes.

Quote:
If Evans isn't decided by NSD, does Jimbo hold a spot or take a different RB?
I explained it above but that depends on how confident they feel about Zach and what the other options look like. The Ags have to be careful not to fall in love with a back just because they feel they have to take one. The dude has to be SEC West caliber or you'd still be better off taking someone at another position who is more likely to help you win games.

Quote:
What position in spring ball will have most competition?
I'm going to say it SHOULD be the o-line but that it's more likely to be wide receiver because there are more capable guys involved in the competition and Davis and Rogers leaving mean things are pretty wide open. That's especially true if Ainias continues to get more work at running back. As it stands, you'll have (barring any more portal entries but some may wait until after spring ball) Ausbon, Buckley, Smith, Wright, Chapman, Brown, Muhammad, Price, Preston, Lane and a couple of others all vying to reps and competing for a couple of open jobs.

Quote:
How was NOLA?
It was great. See above and one of the high points was getting to spend a lot of time with our friends from the SEC Network and ESPN. Sunday night was a blast and the game lived up to the hype and then some in terms of excitement and quality football.

Quote:
You mentioned the TE and DB hires should be happening soon, should we be excited about the names?
The tight end spot seems to have been a moving target over the last two or three days but there have been some interesting names cross my desk, including Frank Wilson, who ended up taking the head job at McNeese. As for the DB job, I think the Ags are hoping to snag a big name from a true power program there. I think they're very close to doing so. Lots of SEC interest here.

Quote:
Do you think Mond will have any competition this Spring/Fall for the QB job or is he a lock no matter what? i.e. Nothing Calzada or King could do to close the gap, just a race for backup
Of course there is something Calzada or King could do and that would be to noticeably out-perform Kellen during spring ball. That's going to be very tough to do because Kellen has such an experience edge - both in the system and also on the field. Barring a complete meltdown by #11 (and it should actually be the opposite, as this should be the dude's BEST spring entering his senior season as a three-plus year starter), I just don't think the young guys can pass him. Like I said last week, the only way I see it happening is if Kellen struggles on the field in games early next season and/or the Ags drop a couple they shouldn't and are an early-season disappointment in dire need of a spark. Again, these are things that are possible but that I do not envision happening at all.

Quote:
If Evans doesn't enroll this week, would you roll the dice and wait on him to make a decision or would you move on and fill the final 2 spots on signing day?
Me? I'd use the final two spots if McKinnley Jackson was one of them. If not, I might hold one for Evans OR a grad transfer.

Quote:
hows Cupp doing??
He's progressing just fine. I don't know how much he's expected to be used this spring but he'll be 100% long before camp kicks off in August.

Quote:
do you think Jaylon Jones could be like Terrell on Clemson? similar build.
Not a bad comparison at all, actually. I think Jaylon has a chance to be a pretty special cover man and defender.

Quote:
Can you give an update on DB coach candidates?
See above. I think the Ags are going big game hunting here. That doesn't guarantee anything but the couple of names I've heard this week would both be very strong hires. Easier to target these type of guys than to close on them but that's what the Ags hired Jimbo to do.

Quote:
Who are you taking this weekend, SF or GB? Titans or KC? Thanks!
I'm going with San Fran and Kansas City.

Quote:
What is the best part of your trip to Nola?
For once, it wasn't the food. I had a great breakfast with Dan Campbell and his lovely wife Holly (our regular designated driver in college as she was quick to remind me) on Tuesday but other than that I didn't get any type of 'authentic' Louisiana food. BW3 with Dan (his pick, not mine) on Sunday to watch the games, no dinner Sunday (got caught up drinking at the hotel bar with everyone), Fogo on Monday because I was running late and it was connected to the hotel and then no dinner on Monday night because of the game. Favorite part was the game itself.

Quote:
Bama: no Tua. LSU: no Burrow, no Brady. A&M Schedule: no UGA (replaced by Vandy), no Clemson (replaced by Colorado Question: What's A&M's ceiling and floor next season?
I think the ceiling is sneaking into the playoffs by winning the games you'll be favored in and going 2-1 versus Auburn, Bama and LSU. I think the floor for this bunch would be 7-5 with those three losses plus two more close ones that you shouldn't drop. I'd bet money on the ceiling quicker than I would the floor there and my way too early prediction is going to be 10-2 with a NY6 bowl win. But, damn, the opportunity is there for a REAL breakthrough, isn't it?

Quote:
True or False: The offensive line will be the weakest starting position group for 2020?
It's the one thing holding me back from actually expecting that breakthrough more so than anything else. That's not to say there won't be other areas of weakness, it's just that I believe the blocking up front is the thing most likely to keep the Aggies from winning a couple of the big games in 2020. The unit simply has to make big-time strides between now and September. It's doable but I'm going to believe it when I see it.

Quote:
What are your thoughts on the recruiting capabilities on the new hires?
Santucci is an up-and-comer who really impressed during his first cycle at Wake. He actually may have been that staff's best recruiter. Beyond that, ti depends on who they hire for any other vacancies. As I've said before in this session, I'm expecting an impact hire on the recruiting front in the secondary.

Quote:
Is 3rd in the West in 2020 a disappointment in Yr 3 of Jimbo?
Totally depends on how it happens. Much like how 8-4 could have felt this year (didn't happen, of course). Third in the West if the other two finish in the playoffs or the top-5? That could mean a 10-2 finish with a win over Auburn, LSU or Bama and a possible NY6 or, at worst, Citrus or Outback (New Year's Day bowl). Win that and you'd be 11-2 with a New Year's Bowl win and probably another top 3-7 recruiting class (meaning you've now stacked three straight and would take the field in 2021 with a loaded roster even by 'top of the SEC' standards. So there is definitely a 'third in the west' scenario that would be a very good one.

Quote:
How far behind the final 4 teams are we as far as personnel and making there ourselves?
That's such a long question to answer and I've done so on air multiple times this week. Far but not as far as you think. The bottom two classes on next year's roster will look a lot more like what we saw from the teams the Ags lost to this fall. By the 2021 season, roughly 75 of your 85 scholarships will have been used on classes rank 3, 6 and whatever the 2021 class comes in at (and it's probably going to be another great one). The Ags also took Clemson to the wire last year, beat LSU last year, dominated the game in Auburn only to implode late and took Georgia down the final drive this year in Athens. The gap is wide but it's far from so big that the Ags can't close SERIOUS ground this coming fall when you look at what LSU loses, what Auburn loses in the trenches and how Fisher and Co. are recruiting. Have to keep getting faster and more athletic on the perimeter on both sides of the ball and the Ags are doing that.

Quote:
How much does the coaching turnover at LSU along with their player turnover affect them next season?
I think they'll take the biggest drop of any program next year and am absolutely convinced of that. Does that mean they won't be any good? Nope. Have you seen their returning talent on defense or are you just looking at what they're losing. How about Stingley, Stevens and Vincent in the secondary for starters? And Shelvin, Chaisson and Logan up front? They'll be fine if they can find a good QB but I think they're a 9-3 or maybe 10-2 type of team on the very high end. Heck, 8-4 wouldn't even be outlandish if they were to fall to some combination of Texas, Florida, Auburn, Bama and A&M. I think the landing spot is 9-3, which would again be some damned good coaching by Ed O considering what they're losing. If that's the case, the Ags need to be one of those three Ls.

Quote:
Who would like to see us go after/land for the vacant TE & DB coaching spot
I like the guy at Tennessee that some of you have mentioned for tight end but not sure why he'd leave Knoxville right now unless it's money or the chance to move to Texas. In the secondary, I think there are several guys working with top-10 defenses I'd target. I'd also want to see someone from the SEC who has recruited the Deep South and Texas extensively. That's a very important hire.

Quote:
Who do you think we ultimately land for them?
Get back to me in a day or two.

Quote:
I loved seeing LSU ramp up the pace on Clemson. Any chance Jimbo adds in some HUNH aspect to the offense next year?
I actually do think there's a chance we see more of that next season. I also think it's something that he really needs to do in order to get the best out of his senior quarterback. Keep in mind, I'm talking about doing so without getting away from your identity on offense so just having the ability to do it and to do it on a semi-consistent basis.

Quote:
Any off-season facility upgrades going on that we'd be interested in?
I'd have to check but the main one was the weight room and it's pretty impressive now.

Quote:
In my opinion (which is meaningless and probably wrong) but the two biggest determining factors for how good we are next year.

OL
Its probable way to early but any word on the younger guys having a legit chance to take a spot?
I think Matthews and Robinson will be two guys capable of legitimately competing for a job.

RB Depth
Guess its wait on see on Evans.
Yes, it is. But I keep telling you guys the Ags like Deondre Jackson much more than the recruiting services do and they obviously love Achane and what Ainias Smith did during the bowl game. I'm a huge fan of Kevontre Bradfordout of the Dallas area (he's likely to end up at Ohio State or LSU before all is said and done) but based off of how they're recruiting him, it's clear to me that Jay Graham and the Ags view Jackson as a better fit.

Quote:
Can you please shed a little insight as to how Ohio State continues to recruit Texas so well. Seems like they snag a couple of our best players almost every year and 2021 seems to be no exception (Donovan Jackson). Who is their recruiting coordinator for Texas? Is there something that they're pitching besides being ranked yearly in the CFP so highly?
I don't trust Ohio State in Texas. Ever. Especially in Dallas for some reason. This dates back to Urban Meyer, of course. They do more cherry-picking of top-tier talent in this state than anyone outside of LSU (a natural poacher due to proximity) and maybe Bama. They're on a hell of an on-field run and that's made them pretty formidable. Not the team you want making a hard run at one of your top prospects, that's for sure.

Quote:
Thoughts on the OBJ handing players cash on camera after the game?
See above.

Quote:
So ... do we ever even sniff a championship?
Nope. Never. Not going to happen. We should just shut down the program and give up.

Quote:
With 2021 being such a huge year for recruiting in state. How do you weigh the importance of an Ace recruiter vs a developer of the position for the open TE and DB coaching jobs? Obviously they both are important, but here's my thinking: at the TE coaching position, we can focus on an Ace recruiter because TE is so important to Jimbo, that we can be sure they will be coached up by him and the staff.
I really do think you need both. Sure, there can be exceptions but if you go that route, then one exception becomes two, two becomes four and all of a sudden you have a staff that's weaker than it should be in terms of either side of that coin, which won't get it done in the SEC. I especially think the corners coach needs to be both this time around because the Ags have made great strides in getting the talent in that room where it needs to be but the entire position unit is still far from what I'd call 'SEC elite.' Need to hire someone who can bring those guys in immediately.

Quote:
Where is the gap larger: The Mississippi schools to A&M or A&M to LSU/Bama ?
Tough to answer. I think the Ags are right in between at this point. The older half of the roster looks more like MSU and Ole Miss, the bottom half looks more like LSU, Bama and the big boys, which is why the '21 class - and beating those teams plus the others you managed to beat this fall (plus Auburn) - is so important this coming fall. The good news for the Ags and a very positive development is that A&M is 8-1 against the Mississippi schools, Kentucky, South Carolina and Arkansas since Fisher's arrival. They're also 1-6 against Georgia, Auburn, LSU and Bama so to say they're still in the middle would be fair. I think those days are over and the move towards the upper-echelon is officially in motion following the early signing period.

Quote:
In your opinion, will Matthews or Robinson nab a starting spot this coming spring or fall?
See above. I could definitely see one of the two starting this season.

Quote:
And, is McCollum fully healed from what I think was a back injury?
I'm not sure but we saw a lot of him against LSU and in the bowl game so hopefully he's good to go. If it's still bothering him this off-season, I'm sure Jerry Schmidt and Co. can tailor a workout program to help keep the stress to a minimum or he could even sit out for a period of time if need be. He's a guy who could still factor in very prominently in the race for a starting job next year.

Quote:
Prediction for who starts in the secondary
Your guess is as good as mine or probably even Elko's at this point.

Quote:
Do you think there is over a 30% chance of meeting ut in the Sugar Bowl next year?
Not sure about that considering, if I'm not mistaken, that it's the playoff semi-final. I'd put the odds at something like 10% but it's not the most insane pipe dream considering Texas will probably have the second-most talented roster in the Big 12 and A&M's schedule being so much more favorable in 2020.

Quote:
The TexAgs hive provides you with $5k to bet on the remaining two 2020 spots... what two recruits do you bet we close with?
Jackson and I have no idea. I guess if I'm betting the 'hive's' money, I'd go with a running back. Maybe Crownover?

Quote:
Does Ainias Smith make the move to RB (at least for 2020) since Richardson is in the transfer portal?
Still don't think that's been decided as to whether he'll stick there or not. I know Ainias likes WR more but, damn, he looks good at running back and he probably realized after the bowl game that it's by far the quickest way to more touches and more of a vital role in the offense. Plus, he'd catch a LOT of passes out of the backfield and motioning out into the slot regardless. I'd love to see him stick.

Quote:
What's your favorite position group on both sides of the ball as far as talent, depth, chemistry, etc.? I really like what we are building in the LB and TE rooms. I think both are stockpiled with talent and young depth. The chemistry of the TE room is probably taking a hit right now without having a coach, but I fully expect Jimbo to make a great hire for that position. I would think there's great coaches lined up at his door wanting to coach our TE's right now. I also think BDP has done a great job with the LB's and expect that improvement to continue.
I think Santucci can carry on what BDP started and agree with you when it comes to the tight ends. I still think what the Aggies are putting together on the d-line has a chance to be pretty special and McKinnley Jackson would push it over the top. I'd go TE-DL-QB-WR-LB in that order.

Quote:
What would you say is the potential ceiling for Demond Demas as a CFB player? I can't recall ever seeing a freak athletic talent like him, and I think with the right QB and system this guy can be a potential Heisman candidate and certainly a 1st round pick one day.
His ceiling is the Biletnekoff Award and being a top-10 draft pick. He has NFL All-Pro potential. The work ethic is there and the athletic gifts are off the charts. With the right quarterback, he's a game-changing presence in Maroon & White starting very early in his A&M career.

Quote:
Which position are you most worried about going backward?
I'm not saying that every position is a strength or where it needs to be to contend for top-tier SEC status just yet but I really am not worried about any position on the field going backward. I thought Olin had a pretty good article about it last week. The Ags could very well be stronger at every position on the field in 2020.

Quote:
Can you provide insight into what offensive linemen, redshirt or newcomer, that has the best chance to move into the starting lineup based on what you've heard from practices/workouts?
Kind of hit on this one a couple of times but I'd go with Luke Matthews on the inside.

Quote:
What are some good show suggestions to start binge watching that you are enjoying? Or movies if you arent watching any good shows worth noting.
Recent movies? I'm trying to think of what I've seen lately. Knives Out was funny and Ford vs Ferrari was probably my favorite movie this year. I'm actually about to start xxxx at the suggestion of some in this thread. Recently, I guess I've watched 'You' (a girl made me do it and I don't recommend), *****t's Creek (the first few seasons are really funny), Jack Ryan (solid). Watching the Aaron Hernandez doc right now and it's pretty wild. Even wilder knowing I've stayed a night in the house he lived in when he was arrested on the show and where they found so much evidence prior to him moving in (he bought Ty Warren's old house when Ty was traded to Denver).

Quote:
This year do you see Jimbo moving away from the methodical eating of the clock that we have seen in his first two seasons?
See above.

Quote:
Do we expect Blades to have a full recovery? Seems like it was pretty serious and he was hurt most of all last year.
Yes. It was a shoulder and it required surgery. He knew before the season that he'd have a rough go of it to make it through the entire season but has since had the shoulder fixed. It will keep him out of spring ball, however.

Quote:
Do you think Jimbo transitions to be a little more aggressive on offense with more dynamic weapons on offense and a more defensive depth or still a year or two out of recruiting needs before we see that?
I think you'll see the offense open up some more this fall, yes, in terms of attacking down the field and tempo.

Quote:
Top early enrollee freshman on your watchlist this spring?
Jaylon Jones, Haynes King, Fadil Diggs and Muhsin Muhammad III.

Quote:
These really are the best, thanks for doing these
You're very welcome! Love doing them.

Quote:
L. Robinson's development? Does he project at center or tackle? Thanks.
Will be interesting to see where he lines up this spring but I think he's still viewed as a tackle.

Quote:
What are your thoughts on the Texans end of season?
They were fortunate to get by Buffalo at home and the performance against the Chiefs was terrible. I'm not an O'Brien fan at all and never have been. He's not the guy to bring Houston it's first Super Bowl.

Quote:
Thoughts on the Astros decisions? Does it really matter if a championship gets vacated?
I was there for the '17 playoff run attending games in every round. Unforgettable sports memories that can't be taken away from the folks in Houston and I get so tired of how sanctimonious baseball is when the cheating is so damn widespread. However, if the buzzer stuff was actually true we're talking about next level type cheating and pretty bad unless you can show me where plenty of other teams are doing it..

Quote:
Who wins the Egg Bowl this year, and which one of them (Leach/Kiffin) has a better record going into the game?
I'll go with Kiffin and Ole Miss for this year because they're at home and I like Plumlee at QB more than whatever State has. Then again, Leach could change my mind with a single grad transfer addition.

Quote:
Is Roney Elam on the team next year?
I don't think that's a possibility, no.

Quote:
Which of the new SEC coaches will be the most successful?
See above.

Quote:
Thoughts on OBJ handing players cash on camera after the game? And why doesn't Hunter do this for our TEs?
Hunter would probably hand out real estate advice instead of cash so I'm not sure how exciting of a story that would be.

Quote:
With the massive contract in the works with Adidas, what changes can we expect to come? jerseys, gear, signs etc...
No idea other than the Ags will become one of Adidas' top two priorities in college football and a whole lot of MONEY $$$.

Quote:
What are some names to know with the ongoing search to fill the TE and CB coaching positions?
We're getting to that point again.

Quote:
How would you grade Jerry Schmidt so far? Has there been a noticeable difference in the player's physical development and stamina compared to past S&C coaches? Thanks
He's been outstanding and I think we continue to see the results of his work even more and more this off-season and next. After that maybe it levels off as the entire program will have spent their entire career under Schmitty but until then we haven't seen what the full Jerry Schmidt effect looks like.

Quote:
What was the story with Elijah Blades possibly not coming back? I know he decided to return but was he considering? transfer, retirement, or going pro?
I think he considered calling it a season because the shoulder issue and turning pro but that wasn't a smart option when he could get healthy and come back and prove so much more as a senior in 2020.

Quote:
Does Jimbo limit Spiller's contact in Spring? I can't imagine what an injury to him would mean to our RB situation.
Probably give him some days off because, yes, he's a very important guy to keep healthy. That goes without saying. You can't just not play him this spring out fo fear and cover him in bubble wrap.

Quote:
Do you have any knowledge of the Teams Off-Season Nutrition program to compliment strength training? Would love to hear the highlights or maybe a TexAgs in-depth feature story. Can't remember it ever being covered here
Could make for a good feature story. I'll have OB look into it.

Quote:
who's closest on committing from the 2021 class, and how are the top targets time tables looking?
Possibly Marcus Burris, Trey Zuhn, Ishmael Ibraheem or Deuce Harmon.

Quote:
When do you anticipate Jimbo will start having a program that keeps more players for their senior year? Its frustrating seeing players either transfer or enter the draft that have no business doing so and should be staying to make the next years team as strong as it possibly can. Saban seems to do a great job of convincing kids to stay.
Definitely a trend that Fisher and the Ags need to reverse beginning next fall. You're going to lose guys early every single year in the SEC but you have to also have guys generally pass on leaving to end up drafted outside of the first two rounds and, occasionally return despite being a possible first- or second-round pick. Trying to think of next year's eligible juniors and that list would include Bobby Brown and no one else barring some sort of surprise.

Quote:
Thanks Billy. I think this is an outstanding tool you use.
Appreciate it my friend!

Quote:
Is Quincy Roche or another grad transfer still a possibility?
(From my reply on the board to those who missed it) Still haven't heard anything about the Ags making a push for Roche but he's certainly someone Elko and Elijah Robinson (dating back to his Temple days, pre-Baylor) are well aware of. They are still in at the very least a solid position with McKinnley Jackson and definitely need a tailback if at all possible so there's that. If neither of those were to work out, I'm not sure adding a grad transfer up front might not be equally as significant so I'm expecting them to sit this one out. But, damn, that's got to be tough when talking about a guy who was considered by some the AAC defensive player of the year.

Quote:
Very Serious Question - the bevel on the ATM logo is not correct and looks stupid as hell. We really need to correct it, who can we have an adult conversation with to make a change?
And I'm out with the bevel question. But, yeah, I do think they could make the uniforms much cooler and sharper looking this fall with some very subtle changes.

For all the crowing Liucci did about how strong Evans' relationship with Jimbo is, Evans seems to be looking for any reason to *not* end up at A&M. Looking forward to the "Jimbo passed on him" spin after he finally enrolls elsewhere.

Also, I think Texags is the only site that thinks A&M has a decent shot at Jackson at this point.

24 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Also, I think Texags is the only site that thinks A&M has a decent shot at Jackson at this point.

Could have changed, but I thought Perroni still expected him to end up at A&M (and he's scheduled to visit them over the final weekend).

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Could have changed, but I thought Perroni still expected him to end up at A&M (and he's scheduled to visit them over the final weekend).

I probably missed one of his reports, but I didn't see a CB for Perroni, and I figured he of all people would have certainly put one in if he thought A&M had a good chance. Not saying you're wrong though.

There's a lot to make fun of with looch's answers to the football questions, but damn those non football questions are just weird. All the losers obsessed with how much partying he did on burbon St, and when he's going out to lunch with the guys again. It's like they're all trying to vicariously live through loochie

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

There's a lot to make fun of with looch's answers to the football questions, but damn those non football questions are just weird. All the losers obsessed with how much partying he did on burbon St, and when he's going out to lunch with the guys again. It's like they're all trying to vicariously live through loochie

Yea. He's not their FCB.