Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This latest commit doesn't even have a ranking yet.  These types this late usually end up mid-low 3*.  That is going to give them ten (10) 3*'s in this class.  REAL RECRUITING and power moves.

That seems high ad he was a 2 star out of high school last year, and didn't really have a good year in Juco either. 

42 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

NM, Looch just said this kid took one of the two remaining spots they have left.

Which other 6 kids currently on the roster are they going to portal to make this happen? This is what is hilarious, they are going to have to push out a kid that might actually play for this bread.

Aggie 247 / Perroni / Texas A&M adds commitment from JUCO RB Crownover

Spoiler

Texas A&M went from having a crowded depth chart at backfield this past spring to it being a serious concern at the moment. The Aggies saw one player have to retire for medical reasons before the season and then four others transfer after the season, meaning there is currently only one true running back on scholarship at the moment.

Though the team signed a pair of backs in the Early Signing Period, depth is still a concern heading into next season.

On Saturday, the Aggies hosted an unofficial visitor in Kilgore J.C. running back Earnest Crownover and, by the end of the visit, he committed.

"I met with coach Fisher and he told me they really want me to be at A&M," the 6-foot-1, 220-pound running back said. "He offered me, and I committed right then and there. I knew, going in, that I would commit if they offered. They knew it, too."

Crownover was a full qualifier out of high school, so he can leave the junior college ranks at any point. Just when he arrives at A&M is still a bit up in the air, though.

"They've already started class, but they said that people can technically still enroll until [Jan.] 21," Crownover said. "Coach Fisher, he said they have to figure out if they can get me in this week or if I would have to wait until the summer.

"Either way, they want me there to play this season, whether that be me making it there by this week, May or August."

Crownover graduated from Grandview in the class of 2018 and signed with Army coming out of high school. However, he decided to transfer after, so his clock didn't start. Because of that, he still has four years to play three.

"I went up there and was at USMAPS after high school," the big back said. "But then I came to Kilgore, so now I have three years left of eligibility. But I have four years to use them."

Crownover is not the only talented member of his immedate family. His father, also named Earnest, played at Baylor while his brother, Dametrious Crownover, is a four-star tight end prospect in the class of 2021 that has long held an Aggie offer.

"I really don't know how much of an effect me being there will have on [Dametrious]," he said. "He's going to have to make his own decision and look at schools to see where he fits. But I think it could help, for sure."

Crownover was not at Kilgore in the spring, which is when many schools make their junior college evaluations. However, he picked up FBS offers from Connecticut, Oregon and UTSA once he had some film and it became widely-known that he could leave at any point. He had been prepared to return for another year in East Texas if the right opportunity did not come around and, had he done so, the Kilgore staff expected him to see offers from some of the bigger-name schools in the country.

Crownover helped lead Kilgore to an 8-2 record and a No. 7 national ranking as a freshman this past season. He ran for 468 yards and four touchdowns, averaging seven yards per carry. He also caught nine passes for 120 yards and a score.

Crownover joins four-star Devon Achane from Fort Bend Marshall and three-star Deondre Jackson from Stone Mountain (Ga.) Stephenson as running back commitments in the class. The other two signed in December.

A&M's class of 2020 is currently ranked No. 6 in the national team rankings.

REACTIONS TO THE PERRONI / CROWNOVER ARTICLE

Brian Perroni
I am still waiting to confirm from the other side that it is definitely for the 2020 class, but Crownover talked to Jimbo about possibly enrolling and starting classes Tuesday.

ag00
evidence zach aint coming here

earlruBBer05
Evidence of desperation

sausageag
Awful news.

tandrus

Drakon
BOOM! LETS GO!

JANDRAE10
This kid can play. I know everyone wants speed but this kid has great balance and can catch the ball. Better Cordarion Richardson.

mr jingles
Bye bye Evans.

Aggie1988
What’s the hurry?? Were we worried he would bolt for one of his other offers? His offer list is a big concern. What about Hubbard who is on an official?

This post was edited by Aggie1988 49 minutes ago

313Aggie
THANK GOD! No more Evans threads please haha

PtNtTtGtWtW
Nice way to welcome a kid by some of you.

mr jingles
Welcome and hope he does well here

blakegrimez
PWO or are we giving this guy a scholarship?

Brian Perroni
blakegrimez said... (original post)PWO or are we giving this guy a scholarship?

show more
Scholarship

blakegrimez
Brian Perroni said... (original post)Scholarship

show more
Are we still recruiting Hubbard and Evans then?

The Life Of JImbo
user generated

tandrus
Big reach. Jefferson pt 2

Brian Perroni
blakegrimez said... (original post)Are we still recruiting Hubbard and Evans then?

show more
Good question. A&M liked Crownover enough to offer today despite the very tight numbers, though, so they like him. Jimbo really wants Evans, so I guess there is a chance that the two spots could both go to RBs.

ag00
Brian Perroni said... (original post)Scholarship

show more

yikes. is the tennessee rb position coaching spot still available?
This post was edited by ag00 53 minutes ago

Bridger43
I’m sure that means no more Hubbard but I bet we keep going after Evans.

richw4
There ya go the RB depth issue is fixed.

pdog75
Maybe time for Jay Graham to move on to Tennessee.

HeyBlinkin
Closing the book on Zachary Evans

CreepingDeath
Smells like a Sumlin special. Guess we needed to backfill Kibodi.

Brb gonna drag my nuuuuuts all over the incarnate word 247 site

BrennanCrowe
Any chance he is a Blue Shirt?

MORE REACTIONS

Calling my shot - Crownover7VIP

tamu_bspeck
Hes a gotdamn player and some of yall are about to put your foot in your mouth (Re: Ainias Smith). Here are a few stats and conditions for you to ponder on:
• Kilgore averaged 5.2 ypc last season and 5.5 ypc this season. Earnest averaged 7.0 ypc.
• He was part of a rotation and essentially matched his counterparts production with 20 less carries.
• This is not a contingency of gaining his brother's commitment. He stated in the article that he did not know if it would help with Demetrius and our coaches know this and still offered him.

Some of you act like no one ever flies under the radar on the recruiting scene. In fact, anyone want to tell me where Joe Burrow was ranked? How about Baker Mayfield? Johnny Manziel? Mike Evans?

We missed on some big names but theres a reason RBs are typically drafted lower and paid less than most skill position players; because there is usually an abundance of capable bodies. I hope he and Deondre Jackson both come in with a chip on their shoulders after reading this boards overwhelming opinions of them.

StringerBell
Burrow was a 4 star player

alc1343
Yay. The stalwart "Every 3* is Johnny Manziel" post.

tamu_bspeck
StringerBell said... (original post)
Burrow was a 4 star player

show less

I actually wasn't aware of that but his offers included Ohio State, Boston College, Cincinnati, Kentucky and the likes. He was not a highly sought after recruit if I remember correctly.

313Aggie
I feel like we are underestimating Deondre Jackson. His offer sheet is impressive

KarenKeyLargo
tamu_bspeck said... (original post)
Hes a gotdamn player and some of yall are about to put your foot in your mouth (Re: Ainias Smith). Here are a few stats and

Amen!!!!!!!!

The Life Of JImbo
You guys are sleeping on Pagel the walk on deep snapper

Dr Pepper
alc1343 said... (original post)

show less
People forget mike Evans was a three star.

313Aggie
alc1343 said... (original post)

show less
Your mom was a 3star.

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

Do screenshots (or any images) have to be uploaded to a site, to be posted ... ?  Or is there an easy way to post a screenshot in your clipboard?

You can right click on a screenshot, select view image or open image in new tab, then copy the url, and post it in a comment here. The graphic will automatically populate, unless you have some types of blocker-tracking protection enabled on this site. Also, when right clicking in twitter, you can do it right from your feed, no need to pop up the tweet first.

6 hours ago, Chopper said:

You can right click on a screenshot, select view image or open image in new tab, then copy the url, and post it in a comment here. The graphic will automatically populate, unless you have some types of blocker-tracking protection enabled on this site. Also, when right clicking in twitter, you can do it right from your feed, no need to pop up the tweet first.

That usually works, but not in this instance because frenzy's tweets are not public.

8 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Somewhat aggy related - but how does one go to Army and then transfer. Doesnt the whole “joining the army” supersede a commitment to play football for a university? Or do army football players not have to actually join the army?

A buddy of mine joined the AFA out of HS. I doubt the rules are any different for football players. Anyone at an academy is basically on scholarship. You’re generally able to leave the first 2 years without consequence. After 2 years you have to pay back the education. I’m not sure if there’s Reserve duty involved but my buddy basically went straight from AFA to the Colorado School of Mines and to my knowledge never had to do any service, fwiw. 

9 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Somewhat aggy related - but how does one go to Army and then transfer. Doesnt the whole “joining the army” supersede a commitment to play football for a university? Or do army football players not have to actually join the army?

Yep, as SC says, no obligation to serve unless you graduate.  You can transfer out before your junior year and not have a debt obligation.

14 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Everyone at a service academy is active duty military. Crownover attended the US Military Academy Prep School for one year. Then either did not get an automatic admit  to West Point or left voluntarily. Anyone can leave voluntarily through the first two years, generally, at a service academy including non-athletes.

11 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Crownover offer list6cc746617ec649c8bd68f6dbf51c9558.jpg

The Leathernecks of Western Illinois! 

In all seriousness, this guy is more likely to have a productive career than Evans once Evans goes all Maurice Clarett on whoever decides to ignore all of the obvious signs and sign him anyway. Evans is a fucking mess and if  he even gets one full productive season in college I will be shocked. 

46 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

After 2 years, you go to training and take your oath as an officer candidate.  3rd and 4th year students are called POC or Professional Officer Corps.  That’s how it was in the air force.  I also had a buddy in HS that was highly recruited. He was down to Stanford and AFA.  He chose AFA.  Was there a year and left. He thought it was different for football players. It wasn’t. Ended up transferring to a DII school and was a 2 time all American, was on the Taxi squad for 2 NFL teams and played in Canada for 5 years.  The key was you had to leave after 2 years if you didn’t want to take the oath to serve. 

Now Aggy saying they might try and blue shirt him. Weird since he just spend all weekend at Aggy. I guess it was totally on his own dime. 

Blue Shirt restrictions are no official visit, no home visit by head coach, no aid, and no signing letter of intent. Player shows up in August and is then put on scholarship. 

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Now Aggy saying they might try and blue shirt him. Weird since he just spend all weekend at Aggy. I guess it was totally on his own dime. 

Blue Shirt restrictions are no official visit, no home visit by head coach, no aid, and no signing letter of intent. Player shows up in August and is then put on scholarship. 

Blueshirting him wouldn't make any sense as he'd be ineligible for the 2020 season. Its merely idiot Aggie fans trying to convince themselves they weren't forced into a desperation signing 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

They need him to enroll right now, otherwise spiller is their only real RB for the spring. Then they need to decide whether to take Hubbard as a four year guy, hold off to see what Evans is doing, or wait for a grad transfer. Grad transfer helps the most for this season, Hubbard probably helps the most for the long term RB room depth 

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

@Fud I don’t think they have another spot, if they are holding out for McKinney, right? 

I don’t expect them to get McKinney. He’s LSU/Bama, imo. Or maybe an in-State school, because you never count Mississippi schools out for in-State kids.  If Jimbo wants to waste his time there and probably lose his shot at Hubbard (who’s a JAG, but they need him now), then they’ll eventually miss on him and probably be down to Evans, a grad transfer, or a late juco 

16 minutes ago, thepop said:

Wait is this Zach Evans and Ole Miss smoke real? 

Evans is going to sign with whoever will take him at this point. It’s entirely possible even Aggy does not want him at this point as desperate as they are for a RB. Kiffin might just say fuck it and sign him because he thinks he might have nothing to lose. 

Evans is a cancer who will transfer out of school the moment something does not go his way. Even odds he is in jail before he has a successful season in college. He’s Ryan Perriloux without the work ethic. 

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Evans is going to sign with whoever will take him at this point. It’s entirely possible even Aggy does not want him at this point as desperate as they are for a RB. Kiffin might just say fuck it and sign him because he thinks he might have nothing to lose. 

Evans is a cancer who will transfer out of school the moment something does not go his way. Even odds he is in jail before he has a successful season in college. He’s Ryan Perriloux without the work ethic. 

Florida and Ole Miss want him, and there’s talk that Ohio State might be recruiting him too. Maybe A&M still goes after him, that’s unclear though 

9 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

aggy wants him. They just decided they could wait no longer to take some running back, even a jag.

They are also staring to see that he’s trying to land anywhere but them. So while they want him, they are having to hedge by claiming they don’t want/need him. Been quite the follow. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I don't think tOSU regrets having Maurice Clarett around for just one good year.