Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

A thread on Texags is mentioning James Coley as a possibility as the new TE Coach.  He recently got demoted by Kirby.

Coley's only real value is recruiting. He's an ace in South Florida. He's also not a huge fan of Jimbo so I would be skeptical on the validity of that.

45 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

Pay? Bag Hag to the rescue.

It's one thing to get boosters to pay for a difference maker who bumps them up a few spots in the recruiting rankings. It's another to pay for a guy who should be playing at San Jose State because Jimbo fucked up his roster management 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

So what if some of these Aggie scrubs that are in the portal get no attention from any other schools? Does that mean the aggies are stuck with them? Then what happens with their numbers of incoming?

No. Once you enter the portal, the program can justifiably cut ties with you without any backlash. If you're worth a shit, then they'll recruit you to stay. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

More importantly, who are the 5+ guys currently on the roster getting shown the door to make room for the current 2020 class.

Losing three players between now and fall camp is pretty typical for any program and with the type of players they‘ve been taking I doubt they’ll have to force anyone out.  Someone will fail out, get homesick, retire for medical reasons, get in trouble with the law, etc.

2 hours ago, Fud said:

Also, all of the blueshirt stuff is coming from Perroni and random posters, as far as I can tell. I haven't seen any quotes from Crownover about it, he just said something about Jimbo had to see if they could get him in campus this week. 

If you're Crownover, do you really want to pay your own way for a year? 

Blueshirts don’t pay their way. Blueshirts are put on scholarship when they start practice in the fall. They don’t count against the 25 counter but they can’t play in the fall either. They count against the next class.

21 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Blueshirts don’t pay their way. Blueshirts are put on scholarship when they start practice in the fall. They don’t count against the 25 counter but they can’t play in the fall either. They count against the next class.

Gotcha. The example the aggie boards have been using is some Colorado TE who played his blueshirt year. 

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

So they took 4 in 2018 and have none in the 2020 roster and are now taking Hubbard, Jackson, and Crownover? 

oof. Those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it. 

They took five in 2018 if you count Richardson, who’s also gone 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, golfclap said:

TJ Rushing to CB coach at aggy, it appears. Don’t know a lot about him honestly (was at Memphis and went to FSU with Norvell and crew) but a hot mug of monkey shit is better than Linguist, so ... 

i heard the cowboys hired linguist precisely because they thought he sucked so bad. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

TJ Rushing to CB coach at aggy, it appears. Don’t know a lot about him honestly (was at Memphis and went to FSU with Norvell and crew) but a hot mug of monkey shit is better than Linguist, so ... 

Supposedly they're going to pay him $675K.....for a DB coach.

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2020 at 8:52 PM, Neonmoon said:

Santucci is an up-and-comer who really impressed during his first cycle at Wake. He actually may have been that staff's best recruiter. Beyond that, ti depends on who they hire for any other vacancies. As I've said before in this session, I'm expecting an impact hire on the recruiting front in the secondary.

Quote:
Who would like to see us go after/land for the vacant TE & DB coaching spot

I like the guy at Tennessee that some of you have mentioned for tight end but not sure why he'd leave Knoxville right now unless it's money or the chance to move to Texas. In the secondary, I think there are several guys working with top-10 defenses I'd target. I'd also want to see someone from the SEC who has recruited the Deep South and Texas extensively. That's a very important hire.

Dear Looch, 

Is TJ Rushing the impact hire in the secondary? 

Let’s see the checklist 

worked with Top 10 defense? Nope

From the SEC? Nope

Recruited the Deep South and Texas? I guess 2 years at Memphis counts. He’s from Oklahoma and played at Stanford. Only coaching experience is 2 years at ASU and 2 years at Memphis 

21 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Dear Looch, 

Let’s see the checklist 

From the SEC? Nope

Recruited the Deep South and Texas? I guess 2 years at Memphis counts. He’s from Oklahoma and played at Stanford. Only coaching experience is 2 years at ASU and 2 years at Memphis 

Technically he just said target. Which fits Raymond. He never specified that the folks who fit his profile would accept.  In short, Loochi wins again.

Edited by SydneyCarton

29 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Dude was a QC in 2014. Putting that Stanford education to work. Holy. Fuck. 

LSU pays Raymond $400K a year and I believe Bama pays their DB coach $350K. I think this is Jimbo wanting to stick it to FSU, being desperate or combination of both.

Paying $675K for an unproven DB coach is ludicrous.

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hafley went to BC... so yes Coombs is DC for tOSU

giphy.gif

Thanks. That being said, Ohio state has at least 1 assistant who doesn’t call the D who makes over a million. The guy who was still there makes 1.1.

https://buckeyeswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/20/kerry-coombs-highest-paid-assistant-ohio-state-football-history/

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 hour ago, TBGFL said:

LSU pays Raymond $400K a year and I believe Bama pays their DB coach $350K. I think this is Jimbo wanting to stick it to FSU, being desperate or combination of both.

Paying $675K for an unproven DB coach is ludicrous.

Raymond just got bumped up to $600k.

https://www.si.com/college/lsu/football/raymond-best-recruiters-defensive-backs-coaches

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Dear Looch, 

Let’s see the checklist 

From the SEC? Nope

Super Bowl champion is the line of the day. 

Spoiler

Liucci

2:33p 

Staff

AG

Some breaking news: Jimbo Fisher has found his man to take over for Mo Linguist and coach the Aggie secondary. T.J. Rushing of Florida State will take over the A&M defensive backfield for Mike Elko in College Station. The Stanford grad and Super Bowl champion left Memphis with Mike Norvell last month but, based on what I've heard, will be officially making the move to Aggieland and the SEC.  

One down, one to go for Fisher, Mark Robinson and Co. to once again fill out the staff. Rushing is considered an outstanding recruiter and is a very astute defensive mind. He's also thought of as an outstanding teacher of techinique, which is what Elko may very well value more than anything else considering all of the young talent the Ags are accumulating on campus.

Really like this hire.

Aggie 247 /Brian Perroni / Earnest Crownover

Spoiler

Final word on Earnest Crownover

Brian Perroni
He spoke with Jimbo Fisher tonight. As expected, he is not going to be enrolling this semester. A&M has him set to come in August, so it will be a blueshirt situation. He can't technically be recruited, so he won't take an official visit and won't be signing next month.

I need to find out the exact details but I believe he will be eligible this coming season. I will check to see if he counts towards next years class but from what I understood, he would

Just now, Getafix said:

Aggie 247 /Brian Perroni / Earnest Crownover

Hide contents

Final word on Earnest Crownover

Brian Perroni
He spoke with Jimbo Fisher tonight. As expected, he is not going to be enrolling this semester. A&M has him set to come in August, so it will be a blueshirt situation. He can't technically be recruited, so he won't take an official visit and won't be signing next month.

I need to find out the exact details but I believe he will be eligible this coming season. I will check to see if he counts towards next years class but from what I understood, he would

That seems fucking regarded, but maybe they just really love Dametrious?

Supposedly they're going to pay him $675K.....for a DB coach.
Wow. With all of those safeties they have at CB good luck. Get paid while you can I guess.

Any defensive coach for aggy is a good thing next year. Sans mike Leach (who starts out ridiculously slow but who knows) they have the 3 games they are supposed to lose and a ton of cupcakes. Rankings wise, they will look good on paper.

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Yeah, I really don’t see the point of taking him if he’s not enrolling this week, but whatever. Got jimbo 

From some notes, it sounds like the benefit of these maneuvers is that he can play in 2020, but count towards the '21 class ...