Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I wish Evans would hurry the fuck up so one of our resident photoshop artists could update their #1QB, #1 RB, #1 WR graphic. 

I still have that photo, but can’t figure out how to post it on here. It’s too good to delete. Nice reminder for the cult dipshits. 

12 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I mean they probably are right about King. He was way overrated earlier in the cycle but he's still probably a low 4 star. The problem is Rivals also way overrates some of their other recruits. 

In other words, Rivals sucks. 

How can a QB who has below average arm strength, accuracy, and decision making be a 4-star?  Because he runs fast and jumps high?

If Jimbo can't win 10 this year with that schedule, no way they do in 21'.

They'll either be trotting out a statue at QB in Calzada or King, who may or may not be ready to play.

They'll graduate the Center and the 2 Tackles ( both are JAG's, but do they even have someone else capable of playing Tackle??  Green out of necessity and who else?  Can't think of anyone ).

On defense they are looking at losing both LB's, and possibly most of the starting DL ( Peavy, Clemons, Brown leaving early and Johnson as well ).  Both CB's will graduate in Jones and Blades.  I can also see Leon thinking he's NFL ready and leaving.

Throw in road games @ Colorado and @ Missouri + the yearly Bama', LSU, and Auburn losses.

27 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If Jimbo can't win 10 this year with that schedule, no way they do in 21'.

They'll either be trotting out a statue at QB in Calzada or King, who may or may not be ready to play.

They'll graduate the Center and the 2 Tackles ( both are JAG's, but do they even have someone else capable of playing Tackle??  Green out of necessity and who else?  Can't think of anyone ).

On defense they are looking at losing both LB's, and possibly most of the starting DL ( Peavy, Clemons, Brown leaving early and Johnson as well ).  Both CB's will graduate in Jones and Blades.  I can also see Leon thinking he's NFL ready and leaving.

Throw in road games @ Colorado and @ Missouri + the yearly Bama', LSU, and Auburn losses.

They definitely lose a lot next year, which is why they have to capitalize on the upper class heavy roster and laughably easy schedule this year. I doubt they’ll be able to. If they go 9-3 or 8-4 this year, then they’re fucked in 2021 and will struggle to gain any momentum in recruiting or as a program moving forward. 

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Lucci has already said that if they win 10 games in 2020, that’s just a springboard into their Natty run in 2021 and 2022. Duh 

To be fair, Looch would say winning 4 games in 2020 is just a springboard to their back to back Natty runs in 2021 and 2022. 

I think the best part is if they win 9Ish games they’ll be talking about building up towards a title run without realizing that 2020 was their best chance to make something happen for the foreseeable future. That 2018 class will be hurting them bad in 2021 and Jimbo’s gonna have too much attrition in his full classes to make up for it.
Well that and his OLs will be dog shit every year no matter what. It’s hard to comprehend how he can be so consistently horrible at realizing he needs Tackles. He’s been making the same mistake for almost 10 straight years now, and his only response is continually canning his OL coaches as if that will help. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

1 minute ago, Teryor said:

Can't wait to see the reaction to Jimbo getting daddicked by Baylor

Lol, addition by subtraction stupid sip. 

Spoiler

Liucci

11:46a 

Staff

AG

He did good work but is leaving to be the GM and Associate AD with a substantial raise. He'll essentially be doing everything for Dave Aranda, which wasn't the case at A&M so it's an expanded role. Good for AT...it's an exciting move for him but I'm also pretty excited about what the Ags might be able to do to fill the void. Stay tuned.

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

King will start before the year is over. There's no doubt about that. Turning on the under-performing upperclassmen in favor of the new guy with lots of "potential" is an aggie tradition dating back to Reggie "The Real Deal" McNeal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

King will start before the year is over. There's no doubt about that. Turning on the under-performing upperclassmen in favor of the new guy with lots of "potential" is an aggie tradition dating back to Reggie "The Real Deal" McNeal.

Wait--you think King will start over Mond before the end of the year?

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

Wait--you think King will start over Mond before the end of the year?

giphy.gif

It wouldn't shock me.

I know about a dozen aggies and they are ready to turn on Mond at the drop of a dime.  They flipped back and forth all season, sometimes within the same game. They generally hate him.

The only time they had success on offense last year was when Mond was running, but we know Jimbo doesn't like it.  When Mond continues to show no progress as a passer and is obviously limiting the offense, I could see him getting benched.

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Mond and King are essentially the same player except that Mond overthrows and King underthrows.  

Yes, but King hasn't shown that in live action yet, so the best fans in america might start calling for King to get playing time to prepare them for their championship run in '21.

3 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Hard to throw stones. I was at the game when the stadium started booing GG

I was booing Mack because Mack put us in that position- one that we haven't fully recovered from a decade later. And in hindsight, he should have been booed more. And had rotten fruit thrown at him. Now, I'm pissed.

Oh, and of course aggy will be calling for King to start.

A. they actually think he's a 5-star talent (he isn't)

B. aggy benching the multi-year upperclassman QB is one of their oldest turditions. They have hardly ever had a senior QB finish his tenure as a starter. They're fucking idiots.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Yesh said:

The only time they had success on offense last year was when Mond was running, but we know Jimbo doesn't like it.  When Mond continues to show no progress as a passer and is obviously limiting the offense, I could see him getting benched.

I don’t doubt aggy will want to see Mond benched. I’m surprised at how much aggy fans seem to hate on Mond. He was the only thing holding up a god awful aggy offense this year. I think he could actually be a really effective college QB if Jimbo let him run, but we all know Jimbo won’t do that because he’s committed to running a Stone Age offense with a pocket QB, regardless of his personnel.

Either way, them playing Kind would be a terrible mistake and I’d have to tune in to watch every second of it. 

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I don’t doubt aggy will want to see Mond benched. I’m surprised at how much aggy fans seem to hate on Mond. He was the only thing holding up a god awful aggy offense this year. I think he could actually be a really effective college QB if Jimbo let him run, but we all know Jimbo won’t do that because he’s committed to running a Stone Age offense with a pocket QB, regardless of his personnel.

Either way, them playing Kind would be a terrible mistake and I’d have to tune in to watch every second of it. 

Well I'm sure a state champion small town demigod who's been coached by his dad is going to be thrilled with Jimbo's hands-on approach when he makes a mistake:

Jimbo-Fisher-facemask-832x447.jpg

It's probably not going to be King, it'll be Calzada that they call for. He's going to hit a couple of deep bomb/prayers to Chapman and/or Kam Brown against some aggy scrub ass 3rd teamer that runs a 4.9 40 - and maybe add a big gainer to Cupp or Wydermeyer and it's going to be fucking non-stop "it should be Calzada". Although I guess I could see King take off for a couple of 50+ runs against the 2nd/3rd team D and get that same type of hype. 

@texifornia He's great at project management but a Chief of Staff should also recognize situations and advise his HC, Tom did not have that his first 3 years and I'm quite sure he does not think he needs it. But Tom does not truly have a mentor outside of Davis, he needs someone else with chops to help him grow up.

Edited by Goodman