Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

I don’t doubt aggy will want to see Mond benched. I’m surprised at how much aggy fans seem to hate on Mond. He was the only thing holding up a god awful aggy offense this year. I think he could actually be a really effective college QB if Jimbo let him run, but we all know Jimbo won’t do that because he’s committed to running a Stone Age offense with a pocket QB, regardless of his personnel.

Either way, them playing Kind would be a terrible mistake and I’d have to tune in to watch every second of it. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDMG45n31mN9hUk8tNLg_

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

He's a bag guy. Lets be clear, Valai and what he can do aside, Baylor has brought the SEC game straight into the Big 12 with this hire. 

Private school with a history of murder, rape and cheating brings in known sec process. Fuck anyone who ever cheers for Baylor and to a slightly lesser extent, tcu/smu. Rice is the only private D1 school who I'll root for in this state.

7 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Private school with a history of murder, rape and cheating brings in known sec process. Fuck anyone who ever cheers for Baylor and to a slightly lesser extent, tcu/smu. Rice is the only private D1 school who I'll root for in this state.

Incarnate Word and Abilene Christian University are very hurt by this post. 

25 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He's a bag guy. Lets be clear, Valai and what he can do aside, Baylor has brought the SEC game straight into the Big 12 with this hire. 

But, but, but... I was told Baylor was uniquely appealing to Aranda because he's such a good, Christian guy that he almost became a preacher1!!11!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Coley is definitely a good recruiter (cough cough bagman) but Jimbo doesn't look like he's ever going to change the offense.

Coley is what, Jimbo's third offensive staff hire with OC experience he won't be using? They'll probably use him to finish the dirtier recruitments in Florida like UGA was doing.

Liucci's Twitter orgasming aside, A&M's staff has become pretty formidable from a recruiting standpoint.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Coley is what, Jimbo's third offensive staff hire with OC experience he won't be using? They'll probably use him to finish the dirtier recruitments in Florida like UGA was doing.

Liucci's Twitter orgasming aside, A&M's staff has become pretty formidable from a recruiting standpoint.

Honestly if he wants to keep bulking out his staff with dinosaurs from the last decade of SEC offenses whose recruiting relationships are all in Florida and the Deep South, more power to him.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, satyanash said:

The problem is they have to recruit to that shithole to run that shitty offense. It ain’t easy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, satyanash said:

Have they? What are you basing this on?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, satyanash said:

How many recruiters do they need? I’m someone that definitely believes recruiting is important but Jimbo takes it to the extreme. He needs some coaches that actually develop and more importantly he needs coaches on offense that aren’t stuck in his stone age approach. 

Here’s a question. Who was the last team to win a title that wasn’t  heavily spread based or had spread influences? Almost everyone has recognized the transition except for Jimbo. 

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Have they? What are you basing this on?

His constant state of fear and trepidation?

Let’s see

OC - Darrel Dicky - nope

OL - Josh Henson - nope

RB - Jay Graham - nope

WR - Dameyune Craig - yes 

TE - James Coley - yes (big in Florida)

DC - Mike Elko - I guess?

DE - Terry Price - nope 

DT - Elijah Robinson - yes (big I n New Jersey)

LB - Tyler Santucci - nope 

DB - TJ Rushing - nope 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

The problem is they have to recruit to that shithole to run that shitty offense. It ain’t easy. 

Coley might find selling Aggy and Collie Station to South Florida recruits a LOT harder than selling Athens and UGA. 

• Like 1

Jimbo’s tenure actually reminds me of Kirby Smart so far at Georgia. Multiple recruiters, lack of development (mainly on offense), and lack of creativity on offense. 

The only difference is A&M isn’t recruiting at anywhere close to the level of Georgia. If you’re going to take that approach you better really drop some bags and recruit like Georgia does. Plus, even Smart  has adapted offensively with the Monken hire.

Who on A&M’s offensive staff do you consider a “developer” or hell even somebody  that adds value from a scheme/play calling perspective? 

• Like 1

Coley, Jimbo, and crew going to be taking all these trips to Florida like Rumlin, Banks and that staff used to do in California.

I'm all for aggy trying to get Florida, New Jersey, etc. kids and not focus on Texas recruits.  As we've already seen, these kids are highly susceptible to transfer out.

These goobers are determined to thwart reality and buy relevancy at any cost.  This is attempt 2 and is much better funded in real dollars than attempt 1 thirty years ago.   (There may have been an attempt 0 or -1 but I can’t remember them.)  I find it interesting to watch.  Is there any level of expenditure that will actually buy them a national championship?  If the current venture doesn’t work, will they eat Jimbo’s contract and find $120M to try to buy Dabo or Urban?  At what point, if ever, is there an admission that it’s a you problem?

22 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

These goobers are determined to thwart reality and buy relevancy at any cost.  This is attempt 2 and is much better funded in real dollars than attempt 1 thirty years ago.   (There may have been an attempt 0 or -1 but I can’t remember them.)  I find it interesting to watch.  Is there any level of expenditure that will actually buy them a national championship?  If the current venture doesn’t work, will they eat Jimbo’s contract and find $120M to try to buy Dabo or Urban?  At what point, if ever, is there an admission that it’s a you problem?

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Their culture is their problem, and it ain’t changing. Fish Camp will see to that. 

19 hours ago, Goodman said:

Private school with a history of murder, rape and cheating brings in known sec process. 

why wouldn't they? I mean, fuck, no one in the SEC pays any price for cheating. I'm not saying we should do it, but a school like Baylor that's already triple-mortgaged its soul for athletics, why not? SEC style recruiting honestly seems like small potatoes compared to having Dave Bliss and then Art Briles on the payroll. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

His constant state of fear and trepidation?

Let’s see

OC - Darrel Dicky - nope

OL - Josh Henson - nope

RB - Jay Graham - nope

WR - Dameyune Craig - yes 

TE - James Coley - yes (big in Florida)

DC - Mike Elko - I guess?

DE - Terry Price - nope 

DT - Elijah Robinson - yes (big I n New Jersey)

LB - Tyler Santucci - nope 

DB - TJ Rushing - nope 

Elko and Terry Price are both a pretty solid 'yes'. Rushing is a 'maybe', as is Dickey.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Well that explains the carpet bomb offers to Florida this past week. 

Can you imagine recruits from the south florida triangle visiting colleyville on an official? Do they honestly not see the cultural incompatibility? Hell, Miami got pissed off just coming off the plane for the cotton bowl in that ass kicking they gave us.