Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

29 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

TuggerNuts might be giving ol 98 a run for his money as dumbest motherfucker alive.....by the time Card hits campus Buechele will be gone, Ehlinger COULD be gone, one of Rising or Thompson probably transferred and Rojo will be a RS Freshman more than likely. 

You made one of the classic blunders. Never use logic with Aggy 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Like 2

If aggy is indeed getting another 2020 OL commit it's either Septs, Chibuzo, or Akinola.  That'd be 3 Guard type players who are already listed at 320+ lbs. before entering the Jr. year of HS.  The marine going to have a future OL full of Barton Clement guard-type players.

4 OGs. I know Chibuzo is listed as an OT but with those feet and that weight/frame and he's a Soph? Akinola is the only one of those 4 that I think might be worth taking a risk on a commit this early. I too am gruntled by these choices. 

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

4 OGs. I know Chibuzo is listed as an OT but with those feet and that weight/frame and he's a Soph? Akinola is the only one of those 4 that I think might be worth taking a risk on a commit this early. I too am gruntled by these choices. 

Jordan Jefferson looks like a Barton Clement clone + 30 lbs. and maybe an inch or 2 shorter.

Chibuzo looks like an interior guy IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if Akinola and Chibuzo decommit at some point.

Lindberg looks like they only OT so far to be listed.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

Bankhead and Chibuzo have been ranked by 2 services now.  Both mid 3* composites.  Jefferson has 2 rankings and is a low 4*, right on the edge of 3*.  Akinola just has a 247 rating at low 4*.  Of course aggy boards are saying all 4 will be mid 4*'s when it's all said and done.

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Bankhead and Chibuzo have been ranked by 2 services now.  Both mid 3* composites.  Jefferson has 2 rankings and is a low 4*, right on the edge of 3*.  Akinola just has a 247 rating at low 4*.  Of course aggy boards are saying all 4 will be mid 4*'s when it's all said and done.

I seriously can't understand Jimbo's decision to keep Turner. I mean look at how bad of a state their OL is in. The OL has had a bad outlook for a year or two now with him in charge. I always figured that it was a short-term move because Jimbo thought Turner would help them land the 2019 in-state studs (how's that working out? You got the guy who was always going to aggy and who else? Maybe Shepherd but hard to say Turner is making a big impact in that recruitment.) but now Turner's already gone and fucked up their 2020 class before he's even had a chance to poorly utilize and coach the players on the field in 2018. Very impressive.

Glowing review from Hamm Lite on the latest 2020 Aggy offer. 

I had said I was checking to see if the offer to 2020 C.E. King DE Jessie Evans was legit. It was odd because he was listed at 6-3/190. Turns out he's 230 or so now and the offer is legit.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jessie-Evans-46056434

This is from March - so if he's 230 here he's gonna play at about 375. 

DX-BVVCX0AEsYQl.jpg

Perroni reporting another Rover offer (aren't they all?) 

Possible 2020 rover

Cy Creek LB Josh White is a bit undersized but moves really well. He has picked up offers from Alabama, Houston and Nebraska in the past week.

so he's a bit undersized at 6'1" 200 as a Soph in high school? What about the SEC SEC SEC OOC OLB that they just signed? 

Hamm Lite on the 2020 targets :: 

Texas A&M has 16 commitments in the class of 2019 already and the Aggies are closing in on several more. Most of the targets have already been identified, so there will be a lot of attention on the class of 2020 soon. A&M has four early commitments – all offensive linemen – and quite a few offers out as well. However, here are some players in the class that could very well end up on the A&M radar before long.

-2020 Houston Spring Woods DE Vernon Broughton: Broughton is a bit raw and comes from a school that hasn’t produce an FBS prospect in a very long time but he is one of the most physically impressive players in the class. The 6-foot-5, 250-pound defender was offered by Alabama, Georgia and Oklahoma in the past week and has been to A&M recently.

-2020 Alvin Shadow Creek DE Alec Bryant: The 6-foot-3, 230-pound four-star prospect is a very good edge rusher. He already has an impressive offer list but Shadow Creek has yet to play a true varsity schedule. That will change this fall as they play some very good opponents, so Bryant will be tested early. He has been to see A&M and vice versa.

-2020 Highland Park DE Prince Dorbah: The 6-foot-4, 210-pound defender was really impressive in the state title game vs. Manvel in December. He is probably the state’s top pass rusher and is starting to pick up the offers to back up that claim.

-2020 Keller Central WR/CB DJ Graham: The four-star Graham has played wide receiver on varsity since his freshman year but schools like Oklahoma have offered him at cornerback. The 6-foot, 175-pound rising junior is somewhat like current Aggie commit Kam Brown.

-2020 Diboll ATH Herbert Gums: The real question is what position the 6-foot-1, 243-pound Gums translates to. After working at running back at the Houston Opening, he was with the linebackers at the A&M camp this past Friday. He seems likely to end up on the line at the next level and should have a ton of offers by this point next year.

-2020 Fort Bend Marshall CB Avery Helm: Not enough people are talking about the 6-foot-2, 170-pound Houston defensive back just yet but that will change soon. He has very good length but also the speed for man coverage. He does not have a ton of film yet, but schools have loved him in camps.

-2020 Crockett DE Allen Horace: The 6-foot-4, 218-pound small-school defender is definitely intriguing as a pass rusher. Baylor and Oklahoma State have already offered and he has received some interest from A&M as well. Horace will likely pick up several more offers after hitting the camp circuit.

-2020 Longview Pine Tree WR JJ Sparkman: The 6-foot-4, 185-pound Sparkman is a little reminiscent of 2019 A&M commit Kenyon Jackson. He is a tall wideout that can stretch the field as well. Sparkman averaged over 18 yards per catch as a sophomore but also does a good job of high-pointing the ball.

-2020 Manor DE Princely Umanmielen: The 6-foot-4, 240-pound defender does not have a ton of tape as he only had 15 tackles as a sophomore. However, he has been tearing it up at camps this summer. He ran a 4.61 at the Arkansas camp, picking up an offer immediately after. He was also offered by Oklahoma following the Sooners’ camp.

-2020 Cy Creek LB Josh White: The 6-foot-1, 200-pound rising junior is built much like many of the recent linebacker offers for the Aggies. Though probably best suited to play rover, he could potentially play any of the three spots. White flies all over the field and Alabama and Nebraska are just two of the most recent schools to take notice. It would not be a surprise to see him on A&M radar at some point.

-2020 Dallas Bishop Dunne TE Elijah Yelverton: A&M has only offered one tight end in the class of 2020 so far and it is a prospect from the Northeast. Yelverton is an intriguing player and has seen his stock pick up since transferring from Royse City. He played receiver at 6-foot-5, 225 pounds as a sophomore, so athleticism is not a question mark.

Others to watch: 2020 A&M Consolidated CB Nate Floyd (5-11/170), 2020 Cedar Hill OT Courtland Ford (6-6/305), 2020 North Shore OT Damieon George (6-6/315), 2020 Dallas Bishop Dunne RB/LB Jaden Hullaby (6-1/190), 2020 Melissa QB Brendon Lewis (6-2/195), 2020 Dickinson CB DJ Warnell(6-1/175)

13 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Reveal hidden contents

Texas A&M has 16 commitments in the class of 2019 already and the Aggies are closing in on several more. Most of the targets have already been identified, so there will be a lot of attention on the class of 2020 soon. A&M has four early commitments – all offensive linemen – and quite a few offers out as well. However, here are some players in the class that could very well end up on the A&M radar before long.

-2020 Houston Spring Woods DE Vernon Broughton: Broughton is a bit raw and comes from a school that hasn’t produce an FBS prospect in a very long time but he is one of the most physically impressive players in the class. The 6-foot-5, 250-pound defender was offered by Alabama, Georgia and Oklahoma in the past week and has been to A&M recently.

-2020 Alvin Shadow Creek DE Alec Bryant: The 6-foot-3, 230-pound four-star prospect is a very good edge rusher. He already has an impressive offer list but Shadow Creek has yet to play a true varsity schedule. That will change this fall as they play some very good opponents, so Bryant will be tested early. He has been to see A&M and vice versa.

-2020 Highland Park DE Prince Dorbah: The 6-foot-4, 210-pound defender was really impressive in the state title game vs. Manvel in December. He is probably the state’s top pass rusher and is starting to pick up the offers to back up that claim.

-2020 Keller Central WR/CB DJ Graham: The four-star Graham has played wide receiver on varsity since his freshman year but schools like Oklahoma have offered him at cornerback. The 6-foot, 175-pound rising junior is somewhat like current Aggie commit Kam Brown.

-2020 Diboll ATH Herbert Gums: The real question is what position the 6-foot-1, 243-pound Gums translates to. After working at running back at the Houston Opening, he was with the linebackers at the A&M camp this past Friday. He seems likely to end up on the line at the next level and should have a ton of offers by this point next year.

-2020 Fort Bend Marshall CB Avery Helm: Not enough people are talking about the 6-foot-2, 170-pound Houston defensive back just yet but that will change soon. He has very good length but also the speed for man coverage. He does not have a ton of film yet, but schools have loved him in camps.

-2020 Crockett DE Allen Horace: The 6-foot-4, 218-pound small-school defender is definitely intriguing as a pass rusher. Baylor and Oklahoma State have already offered and he has received some interest from A&M as well. Horace will likely pick up several more offers after hitting the camp circuit.

-2020 Longview Pine Tree WR JJ Sparkman: The 6-foot-4, 185-pound Sparkman is a little reminiscent of 2019 A&M commit Kenyon Jackson. He is a tall wideout that can stretch the field as well. Sparkman averaged over 18 yards per catch as a sophomore but also does a good job of high-pointing the ball.

-2020 Manor DE Princely Umanmielen: The 6-foot-4, 240-pound defender does not have a ton of tape as he only had 15 tackles as a sophomore. However, he has been tearing it up at camps this summer. He ran a 4.61 at the Arkansas camp, picking up an offer immediately after. He was also offered by Oklahoma following the Sooners’ camp.

-2020 Cy Creek LB Josh White: The 6-foot-1, 200-pound rising junior is built much like many of the recent linebacker offers for the Aggies. Though probably best suited to play rover, he could potentially play any of the three spots. White flies all over the field and Alabama and Nebraska are just two of the most recent schools to take notice. It would not be a surprise to see him on A&M radar at some point.

-2020 Dallas Bishop Dunne TE Elijah Yelverton: A&M has only offered one tight end in the class of 2020 so far and it is a prospect from the Northeast. Yelverton is an intriguing player and has seen his stock pick up since transferring from Royse City. He played receiver at 6-foot-5, 225 pounds as a sophomore, so athleticism is not a question mark.

Others to watch: 2020 A&M Consolidated CB Nate Floyd (5-11/170), 2020 Cedar Hill OT Courtland Ford (6-6/305), 2020 North Shore OT Damieon George (6-6/315), 2020 Dallas Bishop Dunne RB/LB Jaden Hullaby (6-1/190), 2020 Melissa QB Brendon Lewis (6-2/195), 2020 Dickinson CB DJ Warnell(6-1/175)

No mention of Hornsby

38 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Hide contents

The 6-foot, 175-pound rising junior is somewhat like current Aggie commit Kam Brown.

That's just good writing.

Hamm Lite - Aggy on top for Troy Omeire :: 

Fort Bend Austin class of 2020 wide receiver Troy Omeire is becoming increasingly comfortable in Aggieland.

Texas A&M was the first to offer the now-four-star wideout when he visited back in January. Since then, schools like Georgia, LSU, Ohio State and Texas have followed suit. However, the 6-foot-3.5, 205-pound rising junior keeps finding his way back to College Station. This past weekend, Omeire camped at A&M on Friday and then stayed around for the Aggie Elite Day on Saturday.

"That was great; that was so much fun," he said. "All the guys were there, so it was really cool to get to hang out with them and see the other side of the coaches too. Everything was so relaxed. There wasn't any pressure with recruiting or anything. They just wanted us all to feel like we were at home." The day prior, Omeire joined A&M commits Kam Brown and Chase Lane as well as four-star target Dylan Wright in catching passes from quarterback target Zach Calzada out of Georgia. "They wanted me to work out with them, so I ran routes with those guys," Omeire said. "They are all really good receivers. The quarterback, he could sling it. He was hitting all the throws. I really liked catching passes from him."

Omeire hit it off with the other receivers as well.

"They were all really cool," he said. "We talked about playing there together. Kam and Chase, they love Texas A&M." Omeire knew two other commits there as well in new class of 2020 offensive line pledges Smart Chibuzo and Akinola Ogunbiyi. "They play in the same district as me," Omeire said. "We've known each other for a while. They were definitely wanting me to join up and be an Aggie with them." Though Omeire says he is not close to making a decision, he is willing to admit that the Aggies stand out above the others.

"Texas A&M, that is my top school," he said. "They are on top for sure. I love it up there."

Omeire does have another unofficial visit scheduled to an SEC program this week, though. "I'm going to Georgia on the 14," he said. "It was going to be my team before (7-on-7) nationals but now it's just going to be me."

15 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I think Hornsby is the type of recruit that is open to Aggys persuasion methods 

Not sure where you're getting that form. I don't have any particularly inside info on this one, but that isn't the impression I get at all. Are you seeing or hearing or interpreting something specific that I've overlooked?

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not sure where you're getting that form. I don't have any particularly inside info on this one, but that isn't the impression I get at all. Are you seeing or hearing or interpreting something specific that I've overlooked?

Yeah not quite sure what that's from other than him being a black kid from the Third Ward