Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 minute ago, Fud said:

My guess is Jimbo saw Mond get knocked around against Texas State, and then limping against Clemson, and realized he needs Mond to beat Miss St, Ole Miss, and South Carolina, and decided to run him less 

He looked like he got a dead arm on the non-throwing one after taking a huge hit last game. He was letting it hang really awkwardly.

1 minute ago, Fud said:

My guess is Jimbo saw Mond get knocked around against Texas State, and then limping against Clemson, and realized he needs Mond to beat Miss St, Ole Miss, and South Carolina, and decided to run him less 

WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAMES*

*that we have the most realistic shot of winning.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

He seems like a guy ready to be an HC but smart enough to not take the wrong job. At some point, though, you have to strike while the iron is hot.

I think his defenses will be fine at aggy for the next few seasons, as a result of him being good and having enough talent and there being plenty of cannon fodder on the schedule for a while. 

So, I’d love to see him bolt but he can afford to sit tight and wait for what he believes are the best circumstances. 

18 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Has anyone pointed out already that the Jimbo quote that Luigi published (We're going to go through everything going on with the team and make the necessary adjustments blah blah blah) was 100 percent plagiarized from something Mack Brown said on multiple occasions? 

Plagiarized?  They're cliches for a reason

Edited by WBT

24 minutes ago, Fud said:

It would be dumb for one of these schools to hire him, imo, but if he gets one, good for him 

Yeah, he'll end up somewhere like Tulsa or New Mexico. TH won the Broyles and the national championship and still had to go to Houston before a real job. Elko's accolades will include "not getting blown out by Clemson". Doesn't say p5 to me.

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

What are the chances Elko leaves after this year?

High. The only reason he stayed is because aggy money whipped him from taking the temple job. If a program with any resources comes calling, he is out. The dude is a total mercenary and has been bleeding aggy like a stuck pig. 

38 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Yeah, he'll end up somewhere like Tulsa or New Mexico. TH won the Broyles and the national championship and still had to go to Houston before a real job. Elko's accolades will include "not getting blown out by Clemson". Doesn't say p5 to me.

I could see him going to a good CUSA or AAC school. Memphis, Tulsa, aggy, etc. 

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Posted on OBs

Just talked to an aggy co-worker who is a season ticket holder and hardcore fan. he said he was at their tailgate after the game and Baylor Cupp's brother was there. He was suppose to meet up with Baylor after the game to go eat, but was canceled because there was a fist fight in the locker room between players and Jimbo wouldn't let them leave.

Nothing impresses recruits more than seeing a team fighting each other in the locker room after a loss.  

I knew Bama backed off of Zeke some time ago which led me to believe something fishy was going on, but what transpired with UGA? Allegedly Zeke was going to commit to UGA roughly a month ago before rumors arose that UGA cooled on Zeke after concerns about his sideline antics clashing with the NS coaching staff or something of that sort? I'm glad Texas went all in on Bijan and landed him. Didn't Zeke make the claim that he wanted to win championships and play behind a stout OL? So why the hell would he choose aggy? They have one double digit win season in the last twenty years, their OL has been dominated against the two teams they played with a pulse and the aggy are nothing more than an afterthought in the national championship picture year after year.

2 minutes ago, Chad said:

I knew Bama backed off of Zeke some time ago which led me to believe something fishy was going on, but what transpired with UGA? Allegedly Zeke was going to commit to UGA roughly a month ago before rumors arose that UGA cooled on Zeke after concerns about his sideline antics clashing with the NS coaching staff or something of that sort? I'm glad Texas went all in on Bijan and landed him. Didn't Zeke make the claim that he wanted to win championships and play behind a stout OL? So why the hell would he choose aggy? They have one double digit win season in the last twenty years, their OL has been dominated against the two teams they played with a pulse and the aggy are nothing more than an afterthought in the national championship picture year after year.

He got into it with the staff at North Shore enough that they kicked the #1 RB in the nation off the team. So I'm sure it wasn't a big deal or anything.

The only two programs even sort of after him now are LSU and aggy, so that should tell you something.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

The staff really didn’t cook up anything at all. Fisher ran the same old offense he’s always run, even though it doesn’t fit their personnel.

The fact that he refuses to utilize Mond in the running game more is crazy to me. Mond’s a great runner, he’s inaccurate, and has a shitty OL that can’t get anything going for the RBs or effectively pass block in Jimbo’s dropback offense. Running the QB is the one thing that could mitigate almost all those issues, yet Jimbo’s not doing it. 

the reason why he wont run mond is because he has absolute shit behind mond.  mond sucks but holy hell the backups are colossal shit.

14 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

the reason why he wont run mond is because he has absolute shit behind mond.  mond sucks but holy hell the backups are colossal shit.

Liucci doesn't understand this and was criticizing them for not running Mond on zone read more.  Because Best aggy QB is always 2nd-string white aggy QB.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chad said:

send Evans to Aggy and watch him + sloneal spread cancer in the locker room

• Like 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Wow their third-lowest rated commit is solid. Woohoo.

He actually has some decent offers. A lot of 3 stars out of GA turn out decent. I'm just curious how much aggy is paying these guys to put out this bullshit. Demas probably can name his price at this point. Losing him would be a Chernobyl level disaster. 

Also, FWK has gone fully aggy on twitter the last few weeks. He's not really as impartial as he used to be. 

8 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

He actually has some decent offers. A lot of 3 stars out of GA turn out decent. I'm just curious how much aggy is paying these guys to put out this bullshit. Demas probably can name his price at this point. Losing him would be a Chernobyl level disaster. 

Also, FWK has gone fully aggy on twitter the last few weeks. He's not really as impartial as he used to be. 

He announced a partnership with Texags a while back. 

At the same time, he’s an equal opportunity guy. Price is there 

12 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

He's never been impartial, now that the Dunn & aggie relationships have been exposed he is doing the only thing he can to pay bills. From the outside you can't....from the inside....

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If Michigan doesn't jump on Matt Campbell like he's Margot Robbie at an incel convention they're doing something wrong.

They'll hire an alum or someone who's either from there or has coached there before. Being a "Michigan Man" is extremely important to them, to their own detriment.

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If Michigan doesn't jump on Matt Campbell like he's Margot Robbie at an incel convention they're doing something wrong.

1 minute ago, George Clooney said:

They'll hire an alum or someone who's either from there or has coached there before. Being a "Michigan Man" is extremely important to them, to their own detriment.

I say UM should fire Harbaugh and go get Urbs.  As the saying goes, if you can't beat 'em, beg 'em to come make 8 figures a year for you.

Edited by Burt Macklin