Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Haha this is great. 

It's like one guy states that Herman/Staff are ambiguously full of "lies and deceit" - about something - and that, by virtue of this anonymous poster's claim of Herman/Staff's vague/undefined/unsubstantiated dishonesty, it is henceforth treated as fact. Haha and all of them just take it and run with it, and blame their shortcomings on it. 

These are grown-ups?

52 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Of course all of their troubles are our fault.  It's always been that way.  That's why they'll always be losers.

Also, they're disparaging our schedule?  We haven't beaten anyone good?  But Lamar and SW Texas?  Haha.  OSU would boat race those clods.  Possibly La Tech too.  And OSU is 27th in the AP but whatever.

OSU should be ranked, their offense is legit. La Tech is likely going to win 10+ games this season. Doubtful Lamar + SW Texas + UTSA win 10 combined.

32 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I love how they claim our many aggy threads and posts are proof we're "obsessed" with them. If what they mean is we've been obsessed with laughing at them for the past 80 years, I suppose they're right. Those clowns provide endless humor.  

Oh I am a little bit obsessed with them. They are really amazing. I mean we have cursed schools in College Football. We know Oklahoma State will always fuck it up against OU. We know Iowa State will have their dreams crushed. We know most of the schools in the Big 10 have nothing but their trophies and grainy black and white images from the 1950s to keep them warm during the long winter months.

But nobody experiences the same season over and over and over and over again without it ever really impacting them like Texas A&M. Nobody acts like they have Patriot results when they are in fact the New York Jets like Texas A&M. Nobody puffs out their chests and brags about their glorious fake history like Texas A&M. They are truly amazing. Every once in a while you think "Oh well A&M is finally starting to lose its weirdness and is coming back down to earth, it was fun while it lasted" but no like a phoenix they restore themselves and go forth again to do the same thing.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

They're claiming that rumors of TAMU players getting into a fight after the game are coming from Herman and that, therefore, Herman and his staff are liars... But also, Herman and his staff are lazy (but apparently not too lazy to use moments immediately following a big victory over oSu to fabricate tales about TAMU's locker room and post them on numerous message boards).  But apparently these calculating, conniving Texas coaches are not smart enough to post them on TAMU message boards, but only to post them on Texas message boards.

And recruits and their families are "realizing" this...

Remember weeks ago when Ritz Bit got hit in the face with a volleyball and then had a temper tantrum, causing them to lose a host of potential recruits who were turned off by his unsteady demeanor and quickness to anger? That controversy simmered for weeks yet aggy never addressed the rumor, and Jimbo never apologized. A similar pattern is emerging here. The entire team was late coming out of the locker room at half time. Rumors of a team fight circulated because the team was not allowed to leave the stadium after their humiliating home loss. Yet Ritz Bit has not addressed what happened. Not a word. He's just using txags to try to sweep it all under the rug. Those aggy never learn. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Remember weeks ago when Ritz Bit got hit in the face with a volleyball and then had a temper tantrum, causing them to lose a host of potential recruits who were turned off by his unsteady demeanor and quickness to anger? That controversy simmered for weeks yet aggy never addressed the rumor, and Jimbo never apologized. A similar pattern is emerging here. The entire team was late coming out of the locker room at half time. Rumors of a team fight circulated because the team was not allowed to leave the stadium after their humiliating home loss. Yet Ritz Bit has not addressed what happened. Not a word. He's just using txags to try to sweep it all under the rug. Those aggy never learn. 

It's actually pretty different.  While TexAgs/$9.95ers never talked about the Volleyball incident, they are almost all responding to questions about the fight.  We know the volleyball incident didn't occur, which helps make sense as to why they wouldn't address it.  But if the fight actually occurred and it was "suggested" they deny it occurred or minimize it's occurrence.  That's a much different pattern than the pool party incident.  And it suggests the fight actually occurred--especially because such facts almost always come out.  See, e.g., Quandre Diggs complaining about the BYU-related posters put up by Strong; Darius White and Demarco Cobbs getting into a fight after White badmouthed Texas to DGB; etc.

4 hours ago, Voluminous Banality said:

You skipped right over "purely longhorn exaggerates" to point this out? This is Looch we're talking about. If things were spelled correctly, I'd question the authenticity.

Not to mention Luicci used the word brawl which imply widespread fighting instead of denying a couple of teammates threw a couple of punches..

Just now, Katfid54 said:

It's actually pretty different.  While TexAgs/$9.95ers never talked about the Volleyball incident, they are almost all responding to questions about the fight.  We know the volleyball incident didn't occur, which helps make sense as to why they wouldn't address it.  But if the fight actually occurred and it was "suggested" they deny it occurred or minimize it's occurrence.  That's a much different pattern than the pool party incident.  And it suggests the fight actually occurred--especially because such facts almost always come out.  See, e.g., Quandre Diggs complaining about the BYU-related posters put up by Strong; Darius White and Demarco Cobbs getting into a fight after White badmouthed Texas to DGB; etc.

The fuck you talkin' about, Willis?

• Like 3

This is all so confusing!!

So Looch says the locker room fight is a fake story created by Longhorn "exaggerates" on a message board (they always blame orangebloods for everything by the way....muahahaha!)...then a random poster "knows for a fact" that this story was actually created by the lying, manipulating Longhorn staff and spread to deliberately harm poor Saint Jimbo? Does that mean that by proxy, we are the tools of this deceitful staff of the puppet-master Tom Herman? Or is the Texas staff stupid and lazy, and THAT is the reason they have to lie to so many innocent recruits and their families? And are Matt Hayes and Texas Football somehow also on Herman's payroll, purposefully trying to bring down a championship winning coach of multiple leagues?  This seems like a pretty complex web of conspiracy for a stupid, man-kissing, vodka-swilling, titty bar cocaine-snorting, arrogant asshole like Tom HERman to mastermind.

I wish an aggy would just make a documentary like "Loose Change" or something so I know the real depths of this Longhorn Illuminati-anti-aggy theory.

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Prove it.  Prove that the volleyball incident did not occur.  You can't?  I didn't think so.

We can literally prove that it did occur, we have the actual volleyball that was used with a perfect imprint  of Jimbos bloody face...

dies cast away GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Billy confirmed the fight while at the same time saying we are exaggerating it, which means it really happened and he is trying to make it sound like no big deal. And who doesn't want another Evans update. 

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

11:53a 

Staff

I mentioned earlier this week that I was beginning to feel better than I ever had about A&M's chances of landing North Shore RB Zach Evans. From what we had heard, Evans said a lot of good things in College Station last weekend, and he has had candid conversations with A&M commits about joining them in Aggieland. 

I wanted to wait a few days to check back in with some sources on Zach because, as is typical, you always get good vibes on the other side of a visit. So, here's what I've been able to gather in the last couple of days...

1) I do think Evans is eyeing a decision sometime soon. I wasn't given a definitive date, but I do believe his recent tweet about making up his mind means he'll announce a public decision soon. 

2) No matter what that decision is, I still believe there will be more ups and downs around Zach until NSD. 

3) If a decision is indeed made on the aforementioned timeline, I do not think it would be to Texas A&M. I think Georgia still holds the keys with Alabama and the Aggies fighting to get in the front seat. 

I'll check again later in the weekend/early next week to see if there's any further updates, but this is what I'm hearing as of today. 

A&M sports fans are the dumbest I've ever seen. Seriously. At least fans of interior institutions like UH stick with one consistent argument about how they're kept down by the man. But A&M fans will talk about how they run the state (#WRTS) and then one paragraph later whine about the BOMC and how UT keeps them down with our connections all over Texas with zero hint of irony. In fact they'll actually use both those thoughts as part of the same argument sometimes. 

"We run this state and are the real powerhouse around here and everyone else would know it if it weren't for t.u. conspiring to keep us down all the time! "

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Billy confirmed the fight while at the same time saying we are exaggerating it, which means it really happened and he is trying to make it sound like no big deal. And who doesn't want another Evans update. 

Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

11:53a 

Staff

I mentioned earlier this week that I was beginning to feel better than I ever had about A&M's chances of landing North Shore RB Zach Evans. From what we had heard, Evans said a lot of good things in College Station last weekend, and he has had candid conversations with A&M commits about joining them in Aggieland. 

I wanted to wait a few days to check back in with some sources on Zach because, as is typical, you always get good vibes on the other side of a visit. So, here's what I've been able to gather in the last couple of days...

1) I do think Evans is eyeing a decision sometime soon. I wasn't given a definitive date, but I do believe his recent tweet about making up his mind means he'll announce a public decision soon. 

2) No matter what that decision is, I still believe there will be more ups and downs around Zach until NSD. 

3) If a decision is indeed made on the aforementioned timeline, I do not think it would be to Texas A&M. I think Georgia still holds the keys with Alabama and the Aggies fighting to get in the front seat. 

I'll check again later in the weekend/early next week to see if there's any further updates, but this is what I'm hearing as of today. 

I knew after reading 2 what 3 would say. 

On 8/1/2019 at 4:13 PM, bizzle said:

comparing head to head seems like a fools errand on here, but here are positions i would for sure make a trade today:

qb, corner, safety

positions i could possibly talked into it: linebacker, running back

positions i'm not trading: wide receiver, oline, dline, tight end

Let's check in with our resident "sane" aggie and see how his predictions are going thru 1/4 of the season. I think it pretty much holds up, maybe a tiny bit closer to pushing the oline into the "possibly" category, but overall pretty spot on. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So is Chris Morris the likely finish for them at OL?  Another Guard?  This guy has transferred in high school all over the place and even to another state.  Sounds like a for sure transfer portal is in his future.

He has like five SEC schools after him, and he's from Memphis. He could end up anywhere. 

Good high upside OL prospect though. 

54 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So is Chris Morris the likely finish for them at OL?  Another Guard?  This guy has transferred in high school all over the place and even to another state.  Sounds like a for sure transfer portal is in his future.

They might end up with Crawford though. LSU is pushing for him too. Who knows if he'll qualify though. 

55 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

A&M sports fans are the dumbest I've ever seen. Seriously. At least fans of interior institutions like UH stick with one consistent argument about how they're kept down by the man. But A&M fans will talk about how they run the state (#WRTS) and then one paragraph later whine about the BOMC and how UT keeps them down with our connections all over Texas with zero hint of irony. In fact they'll actually use both those thoughts as part of the same argument sometimes. 

"We run this state and are the real powerhouse around here and everyone else would know it if it weren't for t.u. conspiring to keep us down all the time! "

My favorite is scholarship limitations argument to explain them sucking and us dominating under DKR-- because we oversigned and hoarded talent.

First, you can go look at old Dave Campell's magazines from the 60s and 70s.  They signed many more players than we did.

Second, the SWC imposed scholarship limits in the early 60s.

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

“Finish this class in the top 5.” 

Uh, good luck with that one, gibbs2016. 

A month or two ago, they were saying that their class number would be 27. Can't remember if that was straight from Jimbo, or if it was Loochi, but I'm wondering if they're still looking at that big a number considering they've missed and will keep missing on some big targets. They're only at 17 signees right now, although Ellison will end up counting in that number, and they don't appear to have too many locks left on the board besides Achane. If they don't approach 27, they might not even make the top ten, especially if some of their commits like King and Chibuzo tumble like they should. 

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

A month or two ago, they were saying that their class number would be 27. Can't remember if that was straight from Jimbo, or if it was Loochi, but I'm wondering if they're still looking at that big a number considering they've missed and will keep missing on some big targets. They're only at 17 signees right now, although Ellison will end up counting in that number, and they don't appear to have too many locks left on the board besides Achane. If they don't approach 27, they might not even make the top ten, especially if some of their commits like King and Chibuzo tumble like they should. 

Mowry will too, right? Or did he count for the last class?

29 minutes ago, Fud said:

He never signed, so he won't count until he makes it to campus. I haven't heard about him qualifying, but I could have missed it. 

He made it before Ellison. They are both in the 2020 class now.

I do find it funny that they are wanting to go to the portal. Shit they already have to get rid of 11 just for the 2020 class alone. They are looking at around a 25% roster turnover to make the necessary room for all these new Ritz Bitz guys.

Edited by HtownHorn

58 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

My favorite is scholarship limitations argument to explain them sucking and us dominating under DKR-- because we oversigned and hoarded talent.

First, you can go look at old Dave Campell's magazines from the 60s and 70s.  They signed many more players than we did.

Second, the SWC imposed scholarship limits in the early 60s.

Both are true. aggy isn't good at explaining the nuances of this. There were no class size limits and DKR's practices would have Saban saying, 'Alright, alright, alright' as DKR was signing big classes and processing guys. So, while every team had to get down to the limits before the season DKR was taking more players than other teams and processing guys. There is an early  '70s Texas Monthly article about it.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Like 1