Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

"What we have to do is find enough of everything that we do, so we can just move the dad-gum ball and score points," said Fisher, in wrapping up his long-winded explanation of keeping Mond mindful of his future. "That's the object."
$75 million. 10 years. 
This can't be real, can it? Tell me one of us made this up.

Did this "offensive genius" really just explain to all of us that the goal of offense is to score points, and that if they just "find enough of everything that they do" then they'll do that?

If that's not some Mack Brown coach speak for "our shit is all fucked, and I have no damn clue how to fix it," I don't know what is.

20 hours ago, Sejjr said:

This is all so confusing!!

So Looch says the locker room fight is a fake story created by Longhorn "exaggerates" on a message board (they always blame orangebloods for everything by the way....muahahaha!)...then a random poster "knows for a fact" that this story was actually created by the lying, manipulating Longhorn staff and spread to deliberately harm poor Saint Jimbo? Does that mean that by proxy, we are the tools of this deceitful staff of the puppet-master Tom Herman? Or is the Texas staff stupid and lazy, and THAT is the reason they have to lie to so many innocent recruits and their families? And are Matt Hayes and Texas Football somehow also on Herman's payroll, purposefully trying to bring down a championship winning coach of multiple leagues?  This seems like a pretty complex web of conspiracy for a stupid, man-kissing, vodka-swilling, titty bar cocaine-snorting, arrogant asshole like Tom HERman to mastermind.

I wish an aggy would just make a documentary like "Loose Change" or something so I know the real depths of this Longhorn Illuminati-anti-aggy theory.

WTF is an exaggerate?

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

This can't be real, can it? Tell me one of us made this up.

Did this "offensive genius" really just explain to all of us that the goal of offense is to score points, and that if they just "find enough of everything that they do" then they'll do that?

If that's not some Mack Brown coach speak for "our shit is all fucked, and I have no damn clue how to fix it," I don't know what is.

Unless this is a satire piece by Brent Zwerneman, I think it's a real quote by a man who gets paid $7.5 million per year to coach football:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Why-isn-t-Kellen-Mond-tucking-and-trucking-14468909.php

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

"What we have to do is find enough of everything that we do, so we can just move the dad-gum ball and score points," said Fisher, in wrapping up his long-winded explanation of keeping Mond mindful of his future. "That's the object."

$75 million. 10 years. 

Ladies and gentlemen...I give you Lowered Expectations

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But aggy, jimbo has not been exceptional at getting his wrs drafted. And he’s your coach now, after you guys fired the guy who’s results you are now pointing to. 

12 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Perhaps it slipped by these idiots that Jimbo has only had 3 WRs drafted his entire head coaching career.

spacer.png

• Like 2

All-time aggy WR's drafted by NFL teams:

Rk Year Lg Rnd Pick Tm Player Pos
â–¼

1 1969 NFL 17 431 CHI Bob Long WR  
2 1976 NFL 14 377 TAM Carl Roaches WR College Stats
3 1991 NFL 9 241 CIN Shane Garrett WR College Stats
4 1980 NFL 9 240 TAM Gerald Carter WR College Stats
5 1984 NFL 9 227 CLE Don Jones WR  
6 2001 NFL 7 218 PIT Chris Taylor WR  
7 2018 NFL 6 175 CLE Damion Ratley WR College Stats
8 2013 NFL 6 174 ARI Ryan Swope WR College Stats
9 2004 NFL 6 168 NYG Jamaar Taylor WR College Stats
10 2000 NFL 5 153 KAN Dante Hall WR College Stats
11 1985 NFL 5 130 BUF Jimmy Teal WR College Stats
12 2017 NFL 4 117 LAR Josh Reynolds WR College Stats
13 1997 NFL 4 115 WAS Albert Connell WR College Stats
14 1989 NFL 4 104 HOU Rod Harris WR College Stats
15 1981 NFL 3 76 BUF Mike Mosley WR College Stats
16 2000 NFL 3 70 DEN Chris Cole WR College Stats
17 2005 NFL 2 58 GNB Terrence Murphy WR College Stats
18 2018 NFL 2 47 ARI Christian Kirk WR College Stats
19 2003 NFL 2 45 NWE Bethel Johnson WR College Stats
20 2001 NFL 2 41 GNB Robert Ferguson WR College Stats
21 2014 NFL 1 7 TAM Mike Evans WR College Stats
22 1941 NFL 1 5 DET Jim Thomason WB College Sta

I see five who were on Sumlin's watch.

Here's Fisher at FSU. Including even his time as an assistant (starting in 2007) there are only four WR's who were drafted from FSU.

Rk Year Lg Rnd Pick Tm Player Pos
â–¼

1 1972 NFL 12 306 OAK Kent Gaydos WR  
2 1990 NFL 11 281 TAM Terry Anthony WR College Stats
3 2018 NFL 7 253 CIN Auden Tate WR College Stats
4 1980 NFL 9 246 DAL Jackie Flowers WR  
5 1972 NFL 10 240 HOU Rhett Dawson WR  
6 2003 NFL 7 231 NOR Talman Gardner WR College Stats
7 1993 NFL 8 205 ATL Shannon Baker WR College Stats
8 1996 NFL 6 199 PHI Phillip Riley WR College Stats
9 1994 NFL 6 192 BUF Kevin Knox WR College Stats
10 1968 NFL 7 183 SDG Lane Fenner WR  
11 2004 NFL 5 164 NWE P.K. Sam WR College Stats
12 1995 NFL 5 162 SDG 'Omar Ellison WR College Stats
13 1995 NFL 5 156 DET Kez McCorvey WR College Stats
14 2015 NFL 5 139 JAX Rashad Greene WR College Stats
15 2007 NFL 4 128 TEN Chris Davis WR College Stats
16 1986 NFL 5 120 MIN Hassan Jones WR College Stats
17 2005 NFL 4 116 KAN Craphonso Thorpe WR College Stats
18 1984 NFL 4 108 PIT Weegie Thompson WR College Stats
19 2006 NFL 3 95 PIT Willie Reid WR College Stats
20 1995 NFL 3 81 KAN Tamarick Vanover WR College Stats
21 2000 NFL 3 78 NYJ Laveranues Coles WR College Stats
22 2001 NFL 3 77 KAN Snoop Minnis WR College Stats
23 1998 NFL 3 71 IND E.G. Green WR College Stats
24 1990 NFL 3 68 SFO Ron Lewis WR College Stats
25 2000 NFL 3 66 CIN Ron Dugans WR College Stats
26 1991 NFL 3 66 TAM Lawrence Dawsey WR College Stats
27 2003 NFL 2 54 ARI Anquan Boldin WR College Stats
28 1965 NFL 3 39 DET Fred Biletnikoff WR College Stats
29 2014 NFL 1 28 CAR Kelvin Benjamin WR College Stats
30 1985 NFL 1 23 RAI Jessie Hester WR College Stats
31 1973 NFL 1 21 GNB Barry Smith WR  
32 2002 NFL 1 20 GNB Javon Walker WR College Stats
33 1965 AFL 2 11 OAK Fred Biletnikoff WR College Stats
34 1969 NFL 1 6 BOS Ron Sellers WR College Stats
35 2000 NFL 1 4 CIN Peter Warrick WR College Stats

aggy loves to point out Texas’ admittedly poor NFL track record from the end of Mack through our worst coach ever, as if that is the rule rather than the exception. They ignore the fact that before that time we were putting players In the League at a far higher rate than aggy. And they ignore the fact that we will clearly be changing that narrative moving forward. And we will have 2 WRs drafted this year in the top 4 rounds, easily. aggy also loves to claim credit for players recruited and developed by long departed coaches, as if its their school that produces the NFL talent. It really is the dumbest argument they make, and that is saying something. 

• Like 1

Fisher as LSU assistant (2000-2006😞

259 2002 NFL 2 36 BUF Josh Reed WR College Stats

269 2004 NFL 1 15 TAM Michael Clayton WR College Stats
270 2004 NFL 2 50 NOR Devery Henderson WR College Stats

279 2006 NFL 4 125 DAL Skyler Green WR College Stats
280 2006 NFL 7 231 CIN Bennie Brazell WR  

284 2007 NFL 1 23 KAN Dwayne Bowe WR College Stats
285 2007 NFL 1 30 SDG Craig Davis WR College Stats

2 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

aggy loves to point out Texas’ admittedly poor NFL track record from the end of Mack through our worst coach ever, as if that is the rule rather than the exception. They ignore the fact that before that time we were putting players In the League at a far higher rate than aggy. And they ignore the fact that we will clearly be changing that narrative moving forward. And we will have 2 WRs drafted this year in the top 4 rounds, easily. aggy also loves to claim credit for players recruited and developed by long departed coaches, as if its their school that produces the NFL talent. It really is the dumbest argument they make, and that is saying something. 

I looked it up not long ago and I think we still equal them in number of current NFL players, or players sent to the league in the last X years. They seem to want to grab credit for all these other SEC schools putting players in the league.

1 hour ago, Sejjr said:

let's tap the brakes on this. it's possible. but far from a certainty.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah CJ needs to really break out once he's healthy again.

The draft guru knock on CJ was/is route running and speed. The hamstring injury and subsequent caution regarding his return feels very much like Herman looking out for his future and making sure he can get in and out of breaks cleanly. If it was Eagles with the hammy, I doubt he sits for okie lite. 

Johnson was a late 1st- early 2nd round graded receiver prior to this season. And Duvernay, if he continues to play like he is playing, certainly looks like a player that will go in top 4 rounds. He will test well at the combine. Plus his style and position is actually more coveted than ever in the NFL, who seems to be in love with the smaller slot guys than the classic big WR these days. 

That said, it is not a lock, but I feel fairly confident they will both be drafted before the 5th round. Also, fuck aggy.

4 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Johnson was a late 1st- early 2nd round graded receiver prior to this season. And Duvernay, if he continues to play like he is playing, certainly looks like a player that will go in top 4 rounds. He will test well at the combine. Plus his style and position is actually more coveted than ever in the NFL, who seems to be in love with the smaller slot guys than the classic big WR these days. 

That said, it is not a lock, but I feel fairly confident they will both be drafted before the 5th round. Also, fuck aggy.

Tall WRs like CJ are always overrated in terms of draft stock. Look at Hakeem Butler and EQ St. Brown. NFL scouts just aren't in love with those traits.

23 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

He wouldn't be going that high even if he was healthy and producing.

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

Just read that Ellison is playing at Blinn this year, which I’m pretty sure would mean he can’t enroll at A&M for two years, although the aggy mod wasn’t sure about the time table 

Since he ended up being a full qualifier out of HS, JUCO isn't a problem but he also didn't want to waste a year doing nothing. At least, that is how I understand the situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Since he ended up being a full qualifier out of HS, JUCO isn't a problem but he also didn't want to waste a year doing nothing. At least, that is how I understand the situation.

So, I guess he fully qualified and by then it was too late to join A&M for the semester? 

Weird deal. He’s nothing special, happy they’re taking him