Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

58 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I hope you’re right, and generally agree, but all 3 of those schools are losing after this season. Bama loses like 24 seniors, likely 5-6 underclassmen to the draft including 2-3 wrs and Tua. Auburn loses, if memory serves, every starter in the trenches on both sides of the ball. LSU will be lucky to keep Brady, they lose Burrow and a ton of upperclassmen talent and Delpit and some other JRs also. I’ve seen all the discussions on Brady and that LSU “will do whatever it takes to keep him” and while that is certainly well and good, I think the odds are more in favor of him getting something he can’t refuse from somewhere else and it isn’t as if he’s in a haven of intellectual development for his future right now. No doubt Kyrie Eleison will shit himself in a fury to tell me how wrong I am, but I’ll stand by my objective position and dismiss an LSU imbecile’s whines. 

I still lean on the fact that Auburn, Alabama, and LSU will still have a sizable talent gap and much better coaching than aggy. Not too mention none of those teams will have Mond attempting to run the Jimbo offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dennis Taylor said:

those are 2 pretty important parts of the game

Which is why I love seeing them suffer year after year. They'll always be dog shit no matter the conference. Their delusions give me the fuzzies. Out of 85 men on the roster, they have like 10 guys worth a shit. It's pretty entertaining. 

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I hope you’re right, and generally agree, but all 3 of those schools are losing after this season. Bama loses like 24 seniors, likely 5-6 underclassmen to the draft including 2-3 wrs and Tua. Auburn loses, if memory serves, every starter in the trenches on both sides of the ball. LSU will be lucky to keep Brady, they lose Burrow and a ton of upperclassmen talent and Delpit and some other JRs also. I’ve seen all the discussions on Brady and that LSU “will do whatever it takes to keep him” and while that is certainly well and good, I think the odds are more in favor of him getting something he can’t refuse from somewhere else and it isn’t as if he’s in a haven of intellectual development for his future right now. No doubt Kyrie Eleison will shit himself in a fury to tell me how wrong I am, but I’ll stand by my objective position and dismiss an LSU imbecile’s whines. 

i can masturbate to this.

and yes, auburn loses all the players. will be interesting to see what the bama / lsu rosters and coaches look like next year.

25 minutes ago, bizzle said:

and yes, auburn loses all the players. will be interesting to see what the bama / lsu rosters and coaches look like next year.

Bama and LSU essentially just re-load, but will obviously have some setbacks. They'll still be elite on talent and coaching alone. As for Auburn, I have no idea. One year they're garbage, and then Malzahn somehow shits out a 10-11 win season after a 7-8 win season. 

40 minutes ago, bizzle said:

"It's always safe to project your team on an upward trend and have everyone else taking a step back."  - Ricky Butler January '19

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Texas A&M junior running back Jacob Kibodi added his name to the growing list of Aggie players who have decided to enter the NCAA transfer portal.

Offensive lineman Kellen Diesch and running back Jacob Kibodi have joined tight end Glenn Beal, who decided to leave the Aggie football program Monday, in the transfer portal. The Aggies will still need to drop nine more players from the 85-man scholarship roster, whether by transfers, retirements or early entries for the NFL Draft, in order to sign a full 25-man class for 2020.

Edited by Cairn Horn88

17 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Texas A&M junior running back Jacob Kibodi added his name to the growing list of Aggie players who have decided to enter the NCAA transfer portal.

Kibodi was almost single-handedly responsible for aggy picking up a W in their spring game this year.

Here's Tarpley from September

The replacements: Stepping up for injured A&M RB Corbin

Kibodi committed to the Aggies in October 2016 after being offered by them over the summer. He split time with other players at running back on his high school team and so he never compiled many carries during the first few years of his high school career. In addition, he played defense and averaged about 50 tackles a season from his freshman through his junior campaigns. Due to these factors as well as the fact that he played at a private school in Louisiana, A&M’s offer was by far the highest profile offer that Kibodi received. The vast majority of his offers came from non-Power 5 conference schools (the only Power 5 programs to offer him besides A&M were Arizona, Arizona State, and Purdue).

As a freshman, Kibodi worked behind more experienced and was making an adjustment to the college game, particularly in terms of his blocking assignments and reading blocks. He did have 101 yards versus Louisiana Lafayette which included a 67 yard touchdown run which displayed all of his attributes. Even so, he appeared in just five games.

Due to the improvement in his play and injuries that permeate the position, Kibodi ran with the ones part of the time in the spring, had two good scrimmages, and was a hit in the spring game with 106 yards rushing, over five yards a carry, and five receptions for 53 yards. He now moves more fluidly than he did as a freshman and has better hand/eye coordination in terms of catching the ball and handling it as a runner. He's learned how to set up blocks, square up his shoulders to the line of scrimmage, and turn upfield with authority. The junior also finishes runs no matter what down and distance he's facing.  In addition, his size means that he can play in two back sets and should be sufficiently physical to be a competent blocker in both the running and passing games.

Fisher said at today's press conference that "He had a really good camp. He was out last week and had a minor injury. He's back this week ready to go. We've had him in our two back stuff. In our pony stuff he was the number one guy coming off of the bench. He's caught the ball, ran the ball. He had over a hundred yards in the spring game. This camp he had a couple of good scrimmages. There's a great opportunity. He's 214, 218 pounds, somewhere in that range, and can run."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Didn't the latest Looch already push it back to 2021?

Damn, again? We can't even bank on next year anymore. What is going on???? They have the easiest schedule in the entire country. It must be THAT bad with attrition that even that blow hard can't buy in. That gives me the sads. 

50 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Damn, again? We can't even bank on next year anymore. What is going on???? They have the easiest schedule in the entire country. It must be THAT bad with attrition that even that blow hard can't buy in. That gives me the sads. 

The year after next has been aggy's new next year for a couple of years now. Try to keep up.

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Kibodi was almost single-handedly responsible for aggy picking up a W in their spring game this year.

Here's Tarpley from September

That Tarpley article contains some great statements.  For example, he states that aggy was Kibodi's most high profile offer, over programs such as Purdue, Arizona, and Arizona State.  That statement might be a bit presumptuous.  Purdue at least played in a BCS Rose Bowl.  And Arizona played in the 2014 Fiesta Bowl.  

And I'm impressed with Jimbo's sunshine pumping when he says "Kibodi is the number one guy coming off the bench."  Isn't that just a nice way to say he is still a back up?

13 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

That Tarpley article contains some great statements.  For example, he states that aggy was Kibodi's most high profile offer, over programs such as Purdue, Arizona, and Arizona State.  That statement might be a bit presumptuous.  Purdue at least played in a BCS Rose Bowl.  And Arizona played in the 2014 Fiesta Bowl.  

And I'm impressed with Jimbo's sunshine pumping when he says "Kibodi is the number one guy coming off the bench."  Isn't that just a nice way to say he is still a back up?

No, he's a starter with no room on the field, sip. 

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

They also have no offensive line, and it's likely their best front 7 players are leaving. I mean Looch really thinks Green is a natural at OT, even though he never played there during the season.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

They also have no offensive line, and it's likely their best front 7 players are leaving. I mean Looch really thinks Green is a natural at OT, even though he never played there during the season.

Their offensive line looked worse than anything we put out from 2009-2018. They looked baaaaaaaad. I saw that he's still pumping out the Green to OT drivel, even though he doesn't have the length, etc. I can't tell if he's just stupid, or he's just trying to calm the masses. Green, in no way, looks or plays like a tackle. Surly of all places immediately pointed out he wasn't a tackle, it's that obvious. Same with Jaylon Jones as a CB. Dude is a safety all the way, yet he's still filling the brim with hopes that he somehow can magically play a position he isn't suited for. God they're dumb. 

Their offensive line looked worse than anything we put out from 2009-2018. They looked baaaaaaaad. I saw that he's still pumping out the Green to OT drivel, even though he doesn't have the length, etc. I can't tell if he's just stupid, or he's just trying to calm the masses. Green, in no way, looks or plays like a tackle. Surly of all places immediately pointed out he wasn't a tackle, it's that obvious. Same with Jaylon Jones as a CB. Dude is a safety all the way, yet he's still filling the brim with hopes that he somehow can magically play a position he isn't suited for. God they're dumb. 

He doesn’t have the length, but he is long you stupid sip.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Well, I wouldn’t say Loochie is “just stupid.”

• Like 1