Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

29 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who do they have at CB next year?  Oliver graduated.  They aren't going to stop Bo Nix and those 3 good WR's next year.

Auburn loses 14 starters and it could be 15 if Big Cat declares. They lose 4 OL starters and most of their front 7. So... I am not sure that game favors Auburn next year, unfortunately. 

13 minutes ago, TRing2019 said:

Rogers and Renfro are both terrible.  They won't be drafted, and aggy won't miss them either.

They won’t miss two SRs that are each multi-year starters? What the fuck is going on around here. This site is on fire with hawt takes lately. 

2 minutes ago, TRing2019 said:

Rogers can't separate at all.  From anyone.  Ever.  So slow and lumbering.  He's a red zone threat, that is it. 

Somebody might take a flyer on him late but he'll never do anything in the NFL.  

Renfro has no shot to even be drafted.

And yet, your school is going to miss both starters next year. Stating otherwise is outing yourself as a new board mouthbreather and we’re already fully stocked up on those. No thanks. 

14 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don't think Rogers is terrible. He's about as physically gifted as they come at his size. Their WR coach is a shit developer and their system doesn't maximize WRs. In our system Rogers would have been a 800 to 1K yard receiver. 

He's a shorter Malcolm Epps.

7 minutes ago, TRing2019 said:

Rogers can't separate at all.  From anyone.  Ever.  So slow and lumbering.  He's a red zone threat, that is it. 

Somebody might take a flyer on him late but he'll never do anything in the NFL.  

Renfro has no shot to even be drafted.

I hope Rogers gets a combine invite because NFL teams will fall in love with him. The dude is a physical freak at his size. The fact A&M couldn't use him in a similar role as Collin Johnson is kind of insane. Just throw the ball up and he can beat most DBs at the point of attack. 

Edited by texasstrong12

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

And yet, your school is going to miss both starters next year. Stating otherwise is outing yourself as a new board mouthbreather and we’re already fully stocked up on those. No thanks. 

We're going to miss Duvernay and Johnson?  Yeah, no shit.  Doesn't have anything to do with Rogers sucking. 

I'll leave you geniuses alone now.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s ok, ainias smith who they super slow played and only took after many misses is now good enough to play wr, rb, cb, and return kicks. Trust in jimbos evals. 

I guess jaylon Jones will be a cb after all. He might be their best option. 

He's ainias, my dude.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Rogers is interesting.

On the one hand, he has physical gifts ... on the other, I'm not sure he would have had a great sr year unless something changed dramatically.

- Ausbon had more than twice as many yards, and is coming back.

- Wydermyer had more yards as a true freshman.

- and with Cupp coming back, TE targets wouldn't go down.

- Ainias Smith had more ypg as a true freshman.

- Dylan Wright will be added to the mix.

- And then there's savior Demas.

I suppose with Davis leaving, if they used him well he could have had a big year, but hardly a given.

20 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Rogers is interesting.

On the one hand, he has physical gifts ... on the other, I'm not sure he would have had a great sr year unless something changed dramatically.

- Ausbon had more than twice as many yards, and is coming back.

- Wydermyer had more yards as a true freshman.

- and with Cupp coming back, TE targets wouldn't go down.

- Ainias Smith had more ypg as a true freshman.

- Dylan Wright will be added to the mix.

- And then there's savior Demas.

I suppose with Davis leaving, if they used him well he could have had a big year, but hardly a given.

Their 2nd best WR next year has 248 yards receiving in his career. They have absolutely nothing proven at WR now outside of Ausbon. 

Renfro seemed to have improved this year, tbh. better coverage skills, stride for stride matching receivers; ability to jam receiver at LOS to prevent free release; and more than anything else, looking for the ball and thus avoiding obvious 15-yard defensive PIs. 

Granted, all this is expected from a corner from the get-go. So maybe Linguist at least brought Debby-One to par?  Good luck to him in the next level... CFL, NFL, XFL, whatever.

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Kirk Johnson had a nagging injury bug this year, just FYI.

He should do well in NFL.  Earl Campbell did ok.

point taken. 

work ethic, opportunity presented, innate abilities, all that good stuff. can't be easily translated over.

anyways, i liked the more pertinent (and erm pointed?) point someone else made, about all these guys not wanting to wait around until next year when A&M finally wins it all... they obviously don't know shit from shinola. ;) haha  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who do they have at CB next year?  Oliver graduated.  They aren't going to stop Bo Nix and those 3 good WR's next year.

Blades, and the really tall one 

Edited by Fud

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Probably right but I think I remember reading that Blades wasn't nearly as good as they thought when they recruited him. 

A&M should be after a grad transfer corner. 

I think they only have two counters left. Better make them count. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

I think they only have two counters left. Better make them count. 

True. They should be fairly good at stopping the run next year but seems like they will have the same problems. They don't really have a great edge rusher and cornerback is still a huge issue. They're gonna get shredded against good passing teams next year. 

Blades was A&M's best corner last year, but he was injured half the year.  Hard to count on, but he can play.  There is another juco corner coming in, but you never know with jucos. Myles Jones is ok I guess, but a step too slow imo.  Jones better really be a 5 star corner (not a safety). They brought in another 4 star corner this year, but he is pretty skinny.  Maybe ok, but can not believe they pushed Renfro out, he was decent.

Kendrick Rogers is not that big a deal.  I think the younger guys have more speed.  Davis was much better than Rogers, and that will hurt for sure.

4 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

My question is why do they care? Now that he's released he can sign financial documents and enroll wherever he pleases. Nobody needs a LOI.

The school does.  Otherwise he can enroll at aggy next week, go through spring semester on aggy scholarship, and then show up at LSU practice in August.  

Dylan Wright is still there?  I thought aggy had an  all star stud Chapman to wreak havoc in the SEC.  Did Chapman play this year?  I thought he was supposed to be Mike Evans lite.  

For all the past recruiting angst, I bet neither can carry Kennedy Lewis' jockstrap.  That outcome would please me greatly.  

Edited by lemonandaturd

4 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Dylan Wright is still there?  I thought aggy had an  all star stud Chapman to wreak havoc in the SEC.  Did Chapman play this year?  I thought he was supposed to be Mike Evans lite.  

They had a lot of who appeared to be promising WRs, but they had trouble getting PT over Davis, Ausbon, Rogers, and Smith 

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

The school does.  Otherwise he can enroll at aggy next week, go through spring semester on aggy scholarship, and then show up at LSU practice in August.  

Still confused. aggy would be happy because they were helping their SEC brothers. No?

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Umm... Pretty sure that's not how that works. Once you enroll in a school and take classes, I'm pretty sure you have to transfer in order to go to another school. You can't just randomly show up at another school. And even if aggy had an LOI from him, he could still do that (see Bru McCoy)

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Didn't stop Evans last time. Also once you take classes you have to transfer and sit out a year unless you get a waiver from the NCAA

Edited by TheFlyingBoat

10 hours ago, markstanco said:
17 hours ago, texifornia said:
Wait he's declaring for the fucking draft? Debione "CB that can't outrun a Segway" Renfro.
Maybe his grades are really bad?

Maybe he saw jake fromm declaring and thought "shit, if he can go pro I can too"

Jake, Fromm state Farm aggy? that is like the worlds colliding or something?

12 hours ago, Fud said:

They had a lot of who appeared to be promising WRs, but they had trouble getting PT over Davis, Ausbon, Rogers, and Smith 

This.

From Jimbo's viewpoint, if guys leave early, better that they go for the draft than to the transfer portal; glad that Preston didn't prematurely decide to leave, because just like that he may get his shot at pretty good playing time next season and onward.

In the PP (post portal) era, corches probably have to keep recruiting the damn recruits even when they're on campus, especially the ones with talent who know (or think they know) they have talent.

The scholarship distribution feature on 247 is really eye opening sometimes

For example, A&M's OT 

image.png.e09e8cbaf531153521b130894819c8df.png

K.Diesch has been passed over and C. Blanton will probably medically retire. 

That leaves current starters D. Moore, C. Green, Loochi NFL prospect K. Green that now plays guard, B. Trainor (Florida dead weight of higher recruit that decommited from Aggy) and C. Morris (really a guard)

And of course Javonnne Shephard (if he qualifies)

16 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m sure Wright and demas will be able to see the field early just as easily as Preston has

It's kind of fascinating to think about, really. Fisher has signed some elite talent at WR, at least recruiting rankings-wise. How? I realize Demas and Wright were straight up bought, but they could have sold themselves to a number of programs. Maybe one of these guys winds up living up to his billing there, but the history for WRs with Fisher as HC is ... not good. I wonder if the trend of them signing elite WR talent every year will continue? Obviously, landing Banks for 2021 makes it appear that way. Crazy.

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It's kind of fascinating to think about, really. Fisher has signed some elite talent at WR, at least recruiting rankings-wise. How? I realize Demas and Wright were straight up bought, but they could have sold themselves to a number of programs. Maybe one of these guys winds up living up to his billing there, but the history for WRs with Fisher as HC is ... not good. I wonder if the trend of them signing elite WR talent every year will continue? Obviously, landing Banks for 2021 makes it appear that way. Crazy.

Dame Craig is a hell of a WR bagman/recruiter