Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

16 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

man i'm ready to read Looch spin for this one.. 

Robinson threw his name in the hat, to try to get A&M to give him a raise, but once word got out that Robinson was a candidate to the PSU job, every DL coach in college and the NFL reached out to Cuckbo to show their interest in joining the greatest program in the history of the sport.  /Looch

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Robinson threw his name in the hat, to try to get A&M to give him a raise, but once word got out that Robinson was a candidate to the PSU job, every DL coach in college and the NFL reached out to Cuckbo to show their interest in joining the greatest program in the history of the sport.  /Looch

Soooo very close. Impressive. 

Per Looch..

Here's what's happening with Robinson and Penn State: The Nittany Lions made a very hard push this week and A&M responded with a second raise in as many off-seasons plus I'm hearing a good title and a path of upward mobility. My sources are convinced Elijah's intentions are to remain in Aggieland but everyone also knows James Franklin is going to come out and throw the kitchen sink at him one last time (today) before moving on and looking in a different direction..

The reason this is coming out now via the various 'coaching circle community' in the media is that Franklin and Penn State are leaking it out to generate perceived momentum and to try and out pressure on the situation. It's textbook and it's pretty sad when the folks covering it don't realize that all it's doing is potentially complicating Robinson's ability to recruit a coveted DT prospect while he's on campus three days prior to NSD. The good thing is, if Robinson turns it down for essentially the second time this week, what a tremendous show of faith and sales pitch that would be for McKinnley Jackson and his family

• Like 2

From Footballscoop.

Penn State: Sources tell FootballScoop Texas A&M defensive line coach Elijah Robinson is a strong candidate to join James Franklin’s staff. Robinson spent 10 years at Penn State as a player, a grad assistant and as director of community relations prior to joining Matt Rhule’s staff at Temple before the 2014 season. He would go on to coach with Rhule three seasons at Temple and then one season at Baylor before being hired away by Jimbo Fisher and Texas A&M. We hear Texas A&M has made a play to keep Robinson. Will update when more is clear.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Per Looch..

Here's what's happening with Robinson and Penn State: The Nittany Lions made a very hard push this week and A&M responded with a second raise in as many off-seasons plus I'm hearing a good title and a path of upward mobility. My sources are convinced Elijah's intentions are to remain in Aggieland but everyone also knows James Franklin is going to come out and throw the kitchen sink at him one last time (today) before moving on and looking in a different direction..

The reason this is coming out now via the various 'coaching circle community' in the media is that Franklin and Penn State are leaking it out to generate perceived momentum and to try and out pressure on the situation. It's textbook and it's pretty sad when the folks covering it don't realize that all it's doing is potentially complicating Robinson's ability to recruit a coveted DT prospect while he's on campus three days prior to NSD. The good thing is, if Robinson turns it down for essentially the second time this week, what a tremendous show of faith and sales pitch that would be for McKinnley Jackson and his family

These idiots are singlehandedly changing the comp structure for the college football coaching community. 

Also, Liucci is constantly talking about how things everyone is a sucker that is being duped by someone in one form or another. It’s non-stop. Hey, dickless, if you look around and all you see are assholes and idiots, you might be the one who is the asshole and idiot. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

These idiots are singlehandedly changing the comp structure for the college football coaching community. 

Also, Liucci is constantly talking about how things everyone is a sucker that is being duped by someone in one form or another. It’s non-stop. Hey, dickless, if you look around and all you see are assholes and idiots, you might be the one who is the asshole and idiot. 

Read the aggy thread. Even the Chinese know aggy is easily duped. It’s worldwide knowledge now. Of course the coaching community knows to work aggy over to inflate salaries across the profession. 

13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Tarp has an update with a lot of upvotes, so guessing he's staying at aggy?

Aggie 247 / Tarp / Elijah Robinson

Spoiler

Heads up on A&M DT coach Elijah Robinson and PSU interest

Tarp

I posted some of this on another thread so I thought that I would just start one to get everyone focused.

While Robinson is a PSU guy, he does not have any ties to James Franklin or the current staff. Robinson left PSU before Franklin got there. In addition, virtually all of the staff (coaching, support, or otherwise) that was at PSU is also gone. They may have crossed paths recruiting vs one another but that's about it.

Coaches like to hire or work for other coaches that they've worked with in the past. That applied with former A&M assistants Jay Graham (worked with Tennessee's Jeremy Pruitt at FSU) and Joe Jon Finley (worked with Ole Miss OC Jeff Lebby at Baylor).

That does not apply in this case.

In addition, former PSU DT coach Sean Spencer had three titles....position coach, associate head coach, run game coordinator. In football, titles are a way to funnel more money to a coach because no one has unlimited funds for salaries. In Spencer's case, the additional titles came with additional money. Remember that when Tennessee made a run at Graham last year he got the co-coordinator title at A&M which provided him with a raise. When Tennessee made another run at him this year, they had the ability to potentially throw the special teams' coach tag and funds which allowed them to pay him more.

If A&M is going to keep Robinson, then I would look for them to give another title because in all likelihood Penn State will have to do the same thing to get him more money and lure him away.

At this point, I've been told that A&M is confident that they will be able to keep him.

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

Aggie 247 / Tarp / Elijah Robinson

Reveal hidden contents

Heads up on A&M DT coach Elijah Robinson and PSU interest

Tarp

I posted some of this on another thread so I thought that I would just start one to get everyone focused.

While Robinson is a PSU guy, he does not have any ties to James Franklin or the current staff. Robinson left PSU before Franklin got there. In addition, virtually all of the staff (coaching, support, or otherwise) that was at PSU is also gone. They may have crossed paths recruiting vs one another but that's about it.

Coaches like to hire or work for other coaches that they've worked with in the past. That applied with former A&M assistants Jay Graham (worked with Tennessee's Jeremy Pruitt at FSU) and Joe Jon Finley (worked with Ole Miss OC Jeff Lebby at Baylor).

That does not apply in this case.

In addition, former PSU DT coach Sean Spencer had three titles....position coach, associate head coach, run game coordinator. In football, titles are a way to funnel more money to a coach because no one has unlimited funds for salaries. In Spencer's case, the additional titles came with additional money. Remember that when Tennessee made a run at Graham last year he got the co-coordinator title at A&M which provided him with a raise. When Tennessee made another run at him this year, they had the ability to potentially throw the special teams' coach tag and funds which allowed them to pay him more.

If A&M is going to keep Robinson, then I would look for them to give another title because in all likelihood Penn State will have to do the same thing to get him more money and lure him away.

At this point, I've been told that A&M is confident that they will be able to keep him.

Someone should ask Tarp what prior experience Robinson had with the A&M staff before they money whipped him away from Baylor (and Rhule, who he worked under for many years).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, golfclap said:

: The Nittany Lions made a very hard push this week and A&M responded with a second raise in as many off-seasons plus I'm hearing a good title and a path of upward mobility.

Please tell me they’re breaking out the old “Defensive Coordinator In Waiting” title. I bet they pay him something stupid like 850K

21 hours ago, golfclap said:

Per Looch..

I honestly can't tell if that's real or you have a Looch Mad Libs template and word bank. (If you have one of those I will buy it for $9.95)

9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wiltfong has a sunshine pumping article about Jackson with a bunch of upvotes, but he hasn't put in a crystal ball pick.

Got you fam

I'll have more later today but I really like A&M's position right now. Another terrific visit, I've talked to a couple ppl that like the Aggies here. I continue to believe TAMU or Alabama, I'd lean towards College Station right now unless something changes over the next two days.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Might be unpopular, but I’d prefer talent go to ATM vs Bama if those are the choices. We play Bama when this guy will be a junior and senior. ATM will always be mediocre. 

Yeah but he's gonna get eaten alive by an OL of Majors, Parr, Foster,Brock

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Might be unpopular, but I’d prefer talent go to ATM vs Bama if those are the choices. We play Bama when this guy will be a junior and senior. ATM will always be mediocre. 

I don't think it matters much either way. Bama will have equal or better replacement level talent on the DLine when we play them and ATM isn't on the schedule / mired in suckitude. If he ends up taking a spot at Bama that helps us get Rakeshaw, then Roll Motherfucking Tide all the way.

• Like 1

how badly does A&M really need mount McKinnley (denali, really) Jackson?  Got two NTs in the class already, plus have 5 other strong dudes on campus already. It's always great to have high quality guys on both lines especially since some just don't pan out. Pass rush was a very weak spot and thankfully they went and got two really good prospects there. 

most important remaining recruitment on the DL for Jimbo is retaining the DL coach.

24 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

More and more I feel like Zach Evans will ultimately land at aggy. He's a major risk and multiple SEC programs have turned him down but aggy/jimbo are desperate enough to inherit the risk of bringing him on. Can't wait to watch that dumpster fire burn

Username checks out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

More and more I feel like Zach Evans will ultimately land at aggy. He's a major risk and multiple SEC programs have turned him down but aggy/jimbo are desperate enough to inherit the risk of bringing him on. Can't wait to watch that dumpster fire burn

I think Ole Miss is also desperate enough to take him. They appear to want him and it would be hilarious if he actually does well there. aggie misery... 

Tim Watts (BOL guy) puts in his Jackson-to-Bama pick.

Spoiler

Tim Watts
Went ahead and dropped my Crystal Ball for McKinnley Jackson to Alabama. I have felt like UA was in the lead for some time and coming off his Aggie visit there has been some optimistic feelings from College Station, but UA has been there for a while with Jackson. Golding has done a great job (regardless of outcome) and Roach has certainly helped UA’s case here. Feel pretty good about this pick, but it is recruiting and a certain amount of deception (Arik Gilbert) pops up from time to time. I like to call it gamesmanship. It wouldn’t be the biggest surprise I have ever seen if it’s not Alabama, but I think it would catch some people off guard.